Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I_wesley125

I need a definition for brony that doesn't make us sound weird for my friend, I don't agree with the "strait male fans of MLP" definition because not all of us are strait, most of us are but it is to exclusionary.

So how can I simply explain bronies to him without sounding weird.

He hasn't heard of us yet BTW.

So what would your definition of Brony be?

Bronies are heavenly! Bronies are very nice people who understand you. Bronies bring magic to life! And,well, they watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. You're going to point that out at some point.

I thought "Brony" was gender neutral...

There's Pegasister for older female fans outside the age range demographic

A Brony, simply put, is anyone who takes interest in or enjoys particular aspects of the television show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

While there's undeniably a huge spectrum of variation within the Brony community, including creative aspects, mental dispositions and mindsets, and general levels of enthusiasm for the show itself, the all-inclusive defining term really is as simple as that.

If you wish to be absolutely precise with your definition, and to accommodate for all, you may wish to add 'who is willing to be identified as such'. As some members of the community who do enjoy the show prefer not to be categorised by a particular image or idea.

• Brohoof 8

I know that but the term can be used for pretty much any fan of the show.

Well it's up to you on how you define it, What I said are my definitions

I always assumed brony was someone outside the target audience who enjoyed My Little Pony Freindship Is Magic but the bro part does seem a little odd for female fans of the show so I guess on the one hand bro could mean friend but on the other hand it could mean brother which would be like friend but male, I guess what I'm saying is

Posted Image

I'd like to think of it as a general unisex term used to describe ANYPONY who likes the show. Though, there has been loads of debate over whether to include females in that group, or just to call them pegasisters.

• 3 weeks later...

Not looking for a real concencus here, just personal opinions directly (excuse the pun) from the horse's mouth.

I've found this to be the most elegant one in it's simplicity and inclusiveness:

A brony is an honest fan of the show who lies outside of Hasbro's target demographic.

So what is your definition of "brony"?

Brony (bro knee):

n. Anybody who is not part of Hasbro's intended audience; generally used for men

See also: pegasister

Pegasister (peg a sis ter):

n. A female who is not part of Hasbro's intended audience

Brony-A male fan of the hit show "My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic" (female fans of the show are called Pegasisters). Bronies are usually very nice people who stress "love and tolerance" and welcome just about anyone to their "herd". Some bronies are artistic and create music, art, and even websites (most famous are Equestria Daily and MLPforums) for the show.