Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Anypony else like simulation games?

WireBound

(edited)

So for my entire life, I've been fascinated by simulator games. From Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 - 2004, to the 18 wheels of steel series (including euro truck simulators) I love them all.

I noticed, however, that there is just a raft of crap being turned out, only to be called simulators (woodcutting simulator, really?). This is giving simulators a bad name, and now not many people are even inclined to TRY the good simulators. 

I want to find/play as many good simulators as I can. If you like a particular simulation game, post below! Give me your favorites!

My favorite is Euro Truck Simulator 2. Not only is the game solid AND constantly being updated, the modding community is fantastic!

Edited by WireBound
  • Brohoof 1

Yes, I quite enjoy simulator games. I played Microsoft Flight Simultator X (Just checked box :squee:) for a little bit and recently have been considering reinstalling it. Although I'm not sure I will ever get around to doing it. 

I really enjoyed flying planes on the game, but I wasn't exactly very good at it. The Sims was also a very fun simulation game, as Luna mentioned above and I've also played Simcity, although that doesn't interest me anymore. Ah, and also another very good simulation game I've played is Democracy 3. That was a good one. 

• Brohoof 1

Goat Simulator is our Lord's gift to mankind  B)

Yes. Yes it is!

Yes, I quite enjoy simulator games. I played Microsoft Flight Simultator X (Just checked box :squee:) for a little bit and recently have been considering reinstalling it. Although I'm not sure I will ever get around to doing it. 

I really enjoyed flying planes on the game, but I wasn't exactly very good at it. The Sims was also a very fun simulation game, as Luna mentioned above and I've also played Simcity, although that doesn't interest me anymore. Ah, and also another very good simulation game I've played is Democracy 3. That was a good one. 

The Sims series is a great one! I have many hours in SimCity for my Super Nintendo :P. Haven't seen Democracy 3 though. I gotta check that out!

I like business simulation games. It's the only genre I'm really open about. I've played a lot of them though Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 & 2 are my favorite. I don't like 3 that much. Other games from that genre I've played include Zoo Tycoon, School Tycoon, Mall Tycoon, Lemonade Tycoon, Sim City, Theme Park, Thrillville, etc.

Love simulation games.

Airport simulator=waste of my money :(

all sim games=:D

Euro truck sim 2 has a great modding community at some places

democracy games are great

but yes there are sim games popping up that are awful or dull :(

airport simulator is boring concept and game however euro truck simulator takes an idea that personally I think sounds boring and makes it fun, something fun to mess around on aswell :)

Goat simulator is fun but a bit overated

the awful games like quickscopesimulator and stuff are ruining the businiss (sorta, well I'm probably being a drama princess of harmony)

• Brohoof 1

Love simulation games.

Airport simulator=waste of my money :(

all sim games= :D

Euro truck sim 2 has a great modding community at some places

democracy games are great

but yes there are sim games popping up that are awful or dull :(

airport simulator is boring concept and game however euro truck simulator takes an idea that personally I think sounds boring and makes it fun, something fun to mess around on aswell :)

Goat simulator is fun but a bit overated

the awful games like quickscopesimulator and stuff are ruining the businiss (sorta, well I'm probably being a drama princess of harmony)

Speaking of ETS 2, have you looked into the Multiplayer Mod for it? It basically puts you in a massive server with 2000 other people, all driving trucks. It sounds pretty cool, honestly.

• Brohoof 2

Speaking of ETS 2, have you looked into the Multiplayer Mod for it? It basically puts you in a massive server with 2000 other people, all driving trucks. It sounds pretty cool, honestly.

NO, OMG. WHAT!.

*opens google*

thanks! :3

(edited)

There's this new steam game that is in development.

I bet Maud Pie is rolling around in her rocks right now. 

No doubt she's excited, even if she doesn't show it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=274135797

oh god, greenlight?

I had seen the starting stuff a while back but now urrr

EDIT: give me a few minutes I WILL MAKE A SIM GAME!

EDIT: tree sim can be found at http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/643310 (took more time to upload then make :P)

Edited by epic0cow
  • Brohoof 1

• 10 months later...

I want to revive this thread a bit to say something about it. I for one absolutely love good simulation games like Euro Truck Simulator 2 or especially Train Simulator. The concept of being able to experience that you may not otherwise experience and it being realistic is really cool, especially when these simulators may take place in real locations that we may or may not be familiar with, it is kinda like experiencing the culture there. 

It is a shame though that these games are only popular on PC, except for Farming Simulator. That one also seems really well done but I have no interest in it myself. It is a shame that Simulator games have such a bad reputation because there are gems out there.

You bet I love simulation games and my favorite would have to be the Gran Turismo series. I love racing games and Gran Turismo has always had such a great choice of cars to drive from. I have spent hours just driving around a track and listening to music just to kill some time. Simulation games are just sweet though.