Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Official Star Trek: Online Thread

Flying Space Badger

Hey all.  I was thinking of starting a new official thread for our fleet/group, to make it easier to post meetup times and such, and help others who would like to join.  unless y'all think this one is enough.

• Brohoof 1

A fleet topic would be great. Could even use it to plan events and stuff if we wanted. That way those interested in joining could see what we're up to and stuff, see if we'd be a good fit or maybe give them that push to join the game.

(edited)

img-2914777-1-img-2914777-1-USSTimeToPar

Welcome to the Official Thread for Star Trek: Online!

What is it? - Star Trek: Online (or STO for short) is a MMO game set in the Star Trek universe.  You can create your own character (pick a species, uniform, backstory, etc) and customize your own ship (appearance, weapons, equipment, etc.)

How much does it cost? - Nothing!  STO is a Free-to-Play game, and you only need to spend $ for extra options (special items, ships, etc).  Simply go to www.StarTrekOnline.com to download it today!

What can I do? - The game has missions set up in different story arcs, which you can run through.  Also, you can join our in-game Fleet (or guild), and participate in group missions and battles.  

What is the Fleet? - Our in-game Fleet, the Shadowbolts, is made up of players from this forum.  We have our own private hang-out area (our Fleet Starbase), along with a voice-chat server.

How do I join? - Just send an in-game message to DJ Pon-3@nx9100, or a PM here with your character name/handle.  It's that easy!  Then, just keep an eye on this thread for dates/times of group activities. 

At this time, I'll be online Friday nights at 8pm Eastern Time, to organize group missions.  You can find me upstairs in Earth Spacedock (take the turbolift to the upper level).

Edited by nx9100
  • Brohoof 2

I think a list of current members should be shown to let others see who is in it.

I wanted to ask about that before posting it.  I'll start a roster, and everyone who wants to be shown, either post your character here, or send me a PM with your STO character name.  (so I know who's who, lol)

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to meet up with some people online. I already have a fleet and don't want to leave it now, but I can still team up if you like.

I do play this game.

In fact, I have a lifetime subscription, that's how much I love it.

However, I have no friends to play it with, so I just go about my own business :(

Greetings!  Head over to our main thread HERE, which I will be updating shortly with member lists, etc.  We'll be trying to set up times where everyone can get online and run missions together.  And feel free to add me as a friend in the game:

DJ Pon-3@nx9100

Any newcomers, feel free to add me in-game. I'm on pretty often. Have been working on my KDF character lately since my SF one is currently max level. But the max level is being increased soon so I'll be back on the SF side. I enjoy playing SF more anyways, so if you're in need to help or just want to do fleet missions or something, send me a PM in-game.

Cool ! New friends to play with ! How awesome :)

Feel free to add me in game as well :)

EDIT : I don't know how the Friends Requests system works in STO because, well, I don't have any.....

But, if you're going to send me a friend request, could you please PM as well ? So, I know who you are... :)

Edited by boiteporte

(I suppose I will re-introduce myself here)

Hello! My name is Patterson Rio Tacitus, or Pat.Rio.T. but you can call me Pat. :) But in STO I am Vice Admiral Tacitus@starspangledman

I am currently part of a fleet already, so I won't be joining the Shadowbolts, but I am willing to team up with any of you. I am an engineer and I fly a Voth Bastion Flight-Deck Cruiser. My role is tanking, as I have outfitted my ship to be extremely defensive with a high threat level, so as to attract as much fire as possible. So I would work best with a delicate but highly offensive ship.

Here is a picture of my ship and crew.

post-20518-0-24719900-1407776276_thumb.png

I hope to play with y'all soon, until then, "Live long, and prosper"

Edited by Pat.Rio.T.