Twi Rubix

Who Is Your LEAST Favorite Of The Main Ponies?  

182 users have voted

1. 1. Least Favorite Pony Mane Six + Spike

• RainbowDash
    • Twilight Sparkle
    • AppleJack
    • FlutterShy
    • Rarity
    • PinkiePie
    • Spike
  2. 2. Least favorite Secondary Character

• Apple Bloom
    • Sweetie Belle
    • Scootaloo
    • Princess Celestia
    • Princess Luna
    • Princess Cadance
    • Shining Armor
    • Prince Blueblood
    • Granny Smith
    • Big McIntosh
    • Hayseed
    • Mr. Cake
    • Mrs. Cake
    • Diamond Tiara
    • Silver Spoon
    • Snips
    • Snails
    • Sunset Shimmer
    • Derpy
    • Trixie
    • Suri Polomare
    • Lightning Dust
    • Gilda
    • Daring Do
    • Spitfire
    • Soarin
    • Fleetfoot
    • Cheerilee
    • Bulk Biceps
    • Coco Pommel
    • Cheese Sandwich
    • Maud Pie
    • Other - Because So Many Ponies O.O

That's funny.  Coulda sworn this was the "Which is your least fave of the main mane ponies six?" topic.  Not the, "For which mane six character do you unjustifiably and pointlessly harbor a seething ball of (presumably and hopefully hyperbolic) hate inside?"  Granted, the latter title is probably too long.  And surely that would have been overtly inflammatory.  One must be responsible and establish at least the illusion of tact.

My least favorite Mane Six character is...  Simply the Mane Six character that I don't like quite as much as the others.  Not the one I "hate."  Or can't stand to see on-screen.  Call me silly, but I favor sitting down and enjoying a form of entertainment whilst trying to appreciate the variety that exists within the strong, central ensemble cast.  Entirely without tapping into some misplaced and wasted fury that burns ceaselessly in my heart.  Because most of my fo' reals hatred is currently occupied with things that aren't animated, candy-colored equines.

It was never my intentions to purposely spark arguments among the fans.

I was blatantly curious and wanted to ask who is their personal least favorite. There isn't anything wrong with that.

Also, I had wrote to the people participating in this thread to please try and act civil. I made it clear that I wasn't trying to go crazy with this.

The fans are going to say what they want to say here.

I was blatantly curious and wanted to ask who is their personal least favorite. There isn't anything wrong with that.

Also, I had wrote to the people participating in this thread to please try and act civil. I made it clear that I wasn't trying to go crazy with this.

The problem with these kind of threads is that, whether it was intentional or not, it's bound to generate needless hate and negativity. I mean just in this thread alone you got the same guy talking about how much he hates Rainbow Dash at least 4 times

• Brohoof 4

Hence why I tried to change the discussion to an in depth critical review of the characters' faults and how they can be improved. It worked for a little while at any rate. These topics can inflame and are a set up for some tense discussion since people come in already prepared to defend their favorite character. I said it before and I'll say it again -- there are strong psychological underpinnings at work here since people really love these characters. They associate so deeply with their respective Mane Six character, that to hear people openly broadcast anger is basically the same as a personal attack.

You want to see a similar mentality at work? Go to a political message board during an election cycle.

:D

But hey ... I tried my best.

• Brohoof 7

The problem with these kind of threads is that, whether it was intentional or not, it's bound to generate needless hate and negativity. I mean just in this thread alone you got the same guy talking about how much he hates Rainbow Dash at least 4 times

Actually, I don't know why he keeps reposting.

And, what you're saying applies to just about every single other thread on here. If you go through them all, I'm sure that you could make an argument about most of them.

It's not like this thread is the ultimate war zone ^_^

I'm sure that you could find much more heated debates in the debating section.

• Brohoof 1

I'm sure that you could find much more heated debates in the debating section.

The most heated debates on these forums are usually about this very topic, though - pony bashing :huh: While in the debate pit they get really intense and heated, they usually go on for a good amount of time and may not even turn into a flame war. This topic invites something that can start a flame war in the blink of an eye, and that's pony bashing :confused: Sucks to see people hating on your favorite pony since most people have a bit of a bond and care about their favorite pony, and I can totally get people getting defensive over it - but yeahh, I'm surprised it's lasted this long, to be honest, since these topics usually are up in flames after a few posts.

Probably because Jeric has been such a badass here and has kept things on-track and reasonable :D

• Brohoof 3

I guess Rainbow Dash is my least favorite, but only because somepony has to be. Honestly, I don't feel comfortable calling any of them my least favorite.

Dash sometimes says things that rub me the wrong way, but that's really the only reason I can think of. I still like her a lot. :)

Edited by Frostgage
  • Brohoof 5

I'd say Rarity. I dont really not like her, its just her whining (yes especially the diamond dog episode,) was kinda what turns me away from her. :pout: In fact that diamond dog episode could really be taken the wrong way by kids: Whining is an appropriate way to get what you want.

I actually kinda like her over-dramaticness though. Its a funny quirk, and everypony knows someone like that. :proud:

My least favorite ponies are actually Snips and Snails but out of the mane 6 it is Fluttershy. It used to be Rarity because I often found her primadonna side laid on a bit thick at times but slowly started to like her a bit more though. I liked Fluttershy well enough when I first started watching but all of the blatant inconsistencies in her character with her learning a lesson and then forgetting it until it is used again as a plot convenience have really left me frustrated. I don't hate or dislike Fluttershy by any means but this really drags her down from her full potential as a character.

Let's try a new approach, or maybe one we haven't seen in a bit. If you have a least favorite character, what could the writers do to change your mind?

I think a good example of Fluttershy written right is Bats, Fluttershy was assertive yet polite and calmly and clearly articulated her concerns about the safety and welfare of the bats. It was in character, consistent and really showed real growth to her as a character that I would like to see more of. It must have difficult for her to say no to Applejack, especially with Applejack in such a panic over the bats but she stood up for what she thought was right while still trying to consider Applejack's concerns.

Her key episode was also fairly decent, but to be honest I mostly liked that episode for Seabreeze and his foul mouth. Overall it is okay to show that Fluttershy is shy and quiet but she is depicted as such a pushover a lot of times when she was supposed to have learned not to be in Putting Your Hoof Down.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 4

In fact that diamond dog episode could really be taken the wrong way by kids: Whining is an appropriate way to get what you want.

Actually, it was explicitly stated in that episode that she was doing it as a form of self-defense :P She couldn't take on those Diamond Dogs all by herself when it comes to physicality, so she had to use her mind - and she whined, not to get her way, but to protect herself because they were trying to enslave her for her gem-finding powers. She was trying to be annoying because she knew they'd leave her alone, and lookie there, she became their queen.

The morale of that episode was explicitly stated shortly after Rarity directly said what she was intending to do, which was "just because someone's lady like and feminine doesn't mean they are unable to defend themselves and need to helped with everything." That's actually pretty far from the mark, especially since both the true intention behind Rarity's whining AND the morale of the episode itself were directly stated at the end, in a way that made it obvious that was the morale at that - Twilight's letters to Celestia are supposed to be explicitly what she learned - hence, what the kids will often take home from that episode as well, and if they finished it, they'd know that was far from the meaning of the episode. Her friends totally freaked out that whole time because they thought Rarity wouldn't be able to protect herself from the harm she could have potentially been facing, but surprise surprise - they just took her at face value and she was able to defend herself using her wits. It taught a completely valuable and true lesson - don't write things off by the way they appear :D All you had to do was listen to the ending of the episode, too, to understand that lesson. So, no, A Dog and Pony Show had one of the most valuable lessons int he entire show, and one that was made obvious at the end :D

• Brohoof 5

The most heated debates on these forums are usually about this very topic, though - pony bashing :huh: While in the debate pit they get really intense and heated, they usually go on for a good amount of time and may not even turn into a flame war. This topic invites something that can start a flame war in the blink of an eye, and that's pony bashing :confused: Sucks to see people hating on your favorite pony since most people have a bit of a bond and care about their favorite pony, and I can totally get people getting defensive over it - but yeahh, I'm surprised it's lasted this long, to be honest, since these topics usually are up in flames after a few posts.

Probably because Jeric has been such a badass here and has kept things on-track and reasonable :D

Well, then it's good that things are remaining stable here.

I'd say it's Applejack. She is the reason for more Apple Family Episodes and they often bore me a lot. Her sometimes smug attitude takes me off. While Rainbow Dash can be explained with insecurity, AJ is like a stereotypical, overconfident american from Texas. No offence, i'm only talking about cliches.

There's no bragging, but it's like her being an Apple and hard working, you just don't know what you're talking about :toldya:  Maybe i'm wrong, but she sometimes makes me feel like that.

edit: If it helps, i like her design and her accent and voice :wub:

Edited by Gary S.
  • Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash. Most flawed, most overrated, overshadows all the other ponies because she's 'awesome' and doesn't have to work to earn anything. She just flies through life without a worry in the world, where someone like Applejack has to make sure a entire farm/family doesn't go under. It makes her very un-relatable, unless you have a massive ego

• Brohoof 2

Least favorite of all time: RAINBOW DASH!!

:D :D :D

I know that I'm not a Moderator, but I noticed that you've been posting that quite a bit.

Would you mind if I asked why?

Whoa. Someone caught it before I edited out. Well I was considering on taking it out because I might be going a little over board with ny opinion. Wouod you mind taking it out?

I can't remove your previous posts. I don't have the power to do that ^_^

I'm not mad or anything, I (along with everyone else) was just wondering why you kept re-posting the same thing.

I would have to say Applejack cause she has nothing to really to develop character wize. Even rainbowdash and Twilight who gets a lot of flack has improved and grown with the series. AJ is that adult who is set in their ways. I dont hate her, or even dislike her, but what development could she really have?

but that generosity is tempered by her rather judgmental nature.

You know, I think that may be the first time I've heard Rarity called judgmental before and I am honestly curious about this. Trust me, this isn't a trap or anything, but can you expand on that opinion?

• Brohoof 2

You know, I think that may be the first time I've heard Rarity called judgmental before and I am honestly curious about this. Trust me, this isn't a trap or anything, but can you expand on that opinion?

She sometimes call certain ponies and activities she dosen't like or agree with "uncivilized" or "uncooth", that sounds a tad judgmental to me. She is not the only pony guilty of that though, pretty much all the mane 6 were highly judgmental when it came to Zecora. Twilight was a voice of reason in that at first but she eventually started jumping to conclusions just like everypony else, except for Applebloom. Rarity is a bit better with this though in all fairness and has done many things on multiple occasions she wouldn't normally do to keep her sister Sweetie Belle happy.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 1

She sometimes call certain ponies and activities she dosen't like or agree with "uncivilized" or "uncooth", that sounds a tad judgmental. She is not the only pony guilty of that though, pretty much all the mane 6 was highly judgmental when it came to Zecora. Twilight was a voice of reason in that at first but she eventually started jumping to conclusions just like everypony else, except for Applebloom. Rarity is a bit better with this though in all fairness and has done many things on multiple occasions she wouldn't normally do to keep her sister Sweetie Belle happy.

You know I should have remember the uncouth line from Sisterhooves Social. :confused:

OT BTW, just downloaded your fic you wrote. It caught my attention when I was working repairing Batbrony's Authors Helping Authors thread. I was like .... Cockroaches? Wha?

:D

Well, at least Dash still has the most votes of the Mane 6 on the Favorite Pony Poll. 561 votes last time I checked. Just something nice for Dash fans who might be annoyed by this poll's current results. She is still VERY much loved (and deservedly so B)).

Yes, we know that RainbowDash still has love ^_^

But, that's saved for the "Who is Your Favorite Pony" thread.

This one is specifically for your "least favorite".

I would have to say Applejack cause she has nothing to really to develop character wize. Even rainbowdash and Twilight who gets a lot of flack has improved and grown with the series. AJ is that adult who is set in their ways. I dont hate her, or even dislike her, but what development could she really have?

AppleJack actually has a lot of potential for developing as a character. If given a story about her having to make a very difficult decision (dealing with a gravely ill family member, having to choose between the farm or her family, etc.), we would really see what's going on in her mind and maybe see a new side of her.

• Brohoof 1