Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Legends of Equestria: First Thoughts and Impressions

Shadowking58

Seeing as the servers go offline at midnight tonight, and that I played this alpha for about... well. 7-8 hours in the span of a day. (I didn't know about it until today)

Overall I thought the game was pretty good for an alpha. For an alpha, there was plenty of stuff to do, like Quests, killing monsters in the Everfree Forest, etc.

It was all fun to do like in most MMORPG's, but in this game, that didn't seem to be the focus, it was as much about fighting and quests as much as it was about interacting with players, I mean, did you go to Sugarcube Corner at all during this server run? It was crowded with ponies which you don't normally see in a regular MMO game. (Sugarcube Corner is where I would've spent most of my time, but for some reason the fandom music that was usually playing inside it wasn't playing any music for some reason.)

That said, I did experiences more crashes and bugs and glitches then I would have liked. SometimesI wasn't even able to connect to any servers or talk to any NPC's in a server, this happened way

more often then it should have, even for an alpha. Once I got lucky though, I was able to play for a good 3 or so hours.

And with the promise of being able to build your own house as a possible feature in a future version I am definitely looking forward to seeing more from this game in the future with another open server weekend.

Did you play the game this week? What were your thoughts?

post-27192-0-72756900-1407717195.png

post-27192-0-41533500-1407718018_thumb.png

post-27192-0-86564800-1407718032_thumb.png

post-27192-0-37863100-1407718056_thumb.png

post-27192-0-13580100-1407718086_thumb.png

post-27192-0-55833200-1407718110_thumb.png

post-27192-0-81229200-1407718137_thumb.png

post-27192-0-41052000-1407718162_thumb.png

post-27192-0-16829600-1407718197_thumb.png

post-27192-0-40153500-1407718238_thumb.png

Edited by Shadowking58

I made Mane-iac preaccident and ran around for a bit yesterday. Explored Ponyville, Canterlot, and Cloudsdale but didn't do much else before the server went down. I didn't really see much to do. I know the quests and stuff aren't the main focus, but I don't like games that just drop you in and show no direction of what to do.

I know its alpha though so we'll just see how it progresses. I'm sure it'd be fun though if you played with a group of friends. It'd be excellent for roleplay though.

• Brohoof 1

I have only played it once, and it was a while ago, and on a crappy computer, so it wasn't the best experience, it was cool seeing ponyville and everything, and exploring, but when I played there wasn't any quests or anything to my knowledge. And I didn't really interact with anybody either, so I just gave up on it after a bit.

It could be pretty cool though, especially with friends or something. Idk if i'd want to play it alone though.

I ran around ponyville a bit, but beyond that there didn't seem to be anything to do yet. Will have to wait for the game to progress a little more. Also, I don't think its their main focus, but the combat was pretty bad.

I did not play the game and I seriously wish I did. I do have one question though.

How big is the map ?

Anyway, I wish this game was not fan-made. it would have been much better if it was made by a big studio with a lot of resources.

But, that would never happen.

I just hope that this game will not shut down due to copyright issues.

Also, how are the servers going to run if this game is totally free ?

Compared to the past Open Server Weekends that I've been a part of, this one has been the best so far in terms of server stability and performance.

I never got disconnected from any of the servers that I played on this time around, unlike last time where my friends and I would get timed out of a server every 5 or so minutes, and would have little to no luck trying to join the other LoE servers.

We explored Cantermore, Cloudopolis, Midway, and the Everfree. However, Ponydale was extremely bugged on my end. Graphical glitches everywhere! Buildings weren't loading, textures were missing, particle effects were messed up. In other words, Ponydale was completely unplayable for me (shouldn't be my Processor or Graphics Card, this is a brand new computer that I am using.)

Overall, I think this Open Server Weekend went pretty well. I'm looking forward to the next one :D

This is my second time on LoE. This game is in my opinion one of the best fanmade games I've played. Granted, not everything is perfect about it, but at least the moderators and team members work so hard to make this a good game.

My second time on LoE was much fun than my first. I wanted to try and take some quests since MMOs are well known for that sort of stuff. I managed to complete four or five quests. The quest I enjoyed the most was the Astral Charm quest. Her reward, the dog egg, was something I didn't expect. c:

My only complaint for this week's server is how the game crashes every time I choose a pony. It didn't happen all the time, but when it did, I usually have to Force Quit out of it. I kind of wish the moderators and the team members would do something about fixing the Mac version of LoE.

Despite my complaint, I really enjoyed my second time at LoE, and I hope for more open servers in the future. C:

• 1 month later...

here was my first reaction to seeing the game.... ahem "HOLY FUCKING HELL THERE IS A MLP MMORPG?"

I have been waiting since my Sophomore year for the game to release from what I here its still in Beta which is good cause when I first saw the game it was in Alpha

also is it possible to play the Beta cause they closed the Alpha and after that I lost track of the game until now

Edit: Dammit dammit dammit dammit

post-27623-0-37342100-1411447313_thumb.jpg

post-27623-0-37342100-1411447313_thumb.jpg

Edited by Snowflake Frostflame

• 5 weeks later...

I think they provide a link on their website, to an updated client exe, a few days, or weeks, before they have an open weekend? Not sure how they do it, but thats how most game makers do it. :)