Mane 6's parents?

Hailcanuseacomputer

AJ's parents are just like her

Twilight's parent's are part of high society leading busy but successful lives

Rainbow Dash's dad is single and she probably takes after him. Have no idea what her mom could be like

Fluttershy's, Pinkie Pie's and Rarity's parents are probably the opposite of their daughters

To this I'll add Rainbow Dash's parents:

Rainbow_Dash_with_a_relative_S03E12.png

Rainbow_Dash_and_relative_2_S3E12.png

And it has been confirmed Applejack's parents are dead.

Edited by Blobulle

People always say that. Confirmed by who ?

Sources ? Links ? Anything ? 

A tweet by someone from the MLP staff. But I don't know where it is.

He confirmed this scene implied her parents were dead:

• 2 years later...

I know it's been two years since the last post, but I think it's time to bring back this thread for a while.

So far, as of this past summer, Pinkie and Fluttershy's parents were seen the most on the show, and we've had Twilight and Rarity's parents in a few episodes as well.

But I must also tell you this: Applejack and Rainbow Dash... both might be ORPHANS. As most of you know, Applejack's parents are implied to be "dead" (as mentioned in Apple Family Reunion), and in another episode, in a flashback, she was strolling all alone in a big city before eventually moving in with her grandmother Granny Smith and big brother Big Mac, then earning her cutie mark.

And I also got some shocking news: Rainbow Dash's "father" from the flashback in Games Ponies Play... ISN'T actually her father! Kora Kosicka, member of the show's animation department, just told us that "no character that can be described as Rainbow Dash's parents have appeared yet", implying that Rainbow Dash could be a potential orphan as well.

• Brohoof 1

AJ's parents are just like her

I kind of headcanon that AJ's mother was an incredibly ditzy and silly pony (think Serena from sailor moon), to give a nod to G1 applejack, and AJ is the complete opposite of her. Her father would be all business just like AJ though with AJ taking after him.

To this I'll add Rainbow Dash's parents:

img-2966583-4-Rainbow_Dash_with_a_relati

img-2966583-5-Rainbow_Dash_and_relative_

And it has been confirmed Applejack's parents are dead.

But that's not her dad according to the staff.

• Brohoof 1

I kind of headcanon that AJ's mother was an incredibly ditzy and silly pony (think Serena from sailor moon), to give a nod to G1 applejack, and AJ is the complete opposite of her. Her father would be all business just like AJ though with AJ taking after him.

But that's not her dad according to the staff.

(Is it me or is that disspointed Dashie in the other post so cute x3)

It would have made sense since he looks like her. Why did she just jump on some random pony's back? He doesn't look surprised, so he must know her. He could be some other relative though.

His cutie mark even kind of resembles hers. How can he not be related? Then again he is seen later as a background pony with no mention, but it doesn't deny the fact he is her relative somehow.

There aren't any other's parents that haven't been shown except for Applejacks, but they are confirmed dead. It would be nice to see what they were like.

Edited by Namae

told us that "no character that can be described as Rainbow Dash's parents have appeared yet", implying that Rainbow Dash could be a potential orphan as well.

Yeah, but that seems like quite the stretch to me. We might just not have seen her parents, much like we hadn't seen Fluttershy's parents before this season. Beaded, having both her AND Applekack be orphans seems like a bit much.

Applejack's Parents are, sadly, confirmed dead by Kora Kosicka at the Middle Equestrian Convention in Poland. She said how they died will not be revealed as of now because it would be considered, "spoiler". As said many times above, Rainbow Dash's parents have yet to be confirmed and revealed. All information as well as the full interview can be found below. I'm not sure if they contain actual show spoilers; I haven't seen the whole thing. keep an eye out for spoilers. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG0Ibe-8q6c

AJ's Parent's Death Confirmation is found at: 1 hour, 6 minutes, and 24 seconds. As well as 1 hour, 8 minutes, and 24 seconds. 

Rainbow's Dad is mentioned at: 1 hour, 19 minutes, 39 seconds.

You know, it's kinda disturbing how many users here don't know Flutters' parents as they appeared before this mid season hiatus :huh: (you see, that episode came out over two months before this thread)

well, according to this:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/09/character-designer-kora-kosicka-rainbow.html

That rainbow maned stallion is not Dashie's father, AND AJ's parents are dead, so that leaves the two tomboys of the group with no parents shown (though in AJ's case implies we might see them soon though :huh:)

The show hasn't really done a good job with showing the mane six having actual families.

Hell, Celestia is more of a mother to twilight than Twilight velvet is XD (I'd still love a FF comic with those two with Velvet feeling self conscious next to celestia about that)

Hell, Celestia is more of a mother to twilight than Twilight velvet is XD (I'd still love a FF comic with those two with Velvet feeling self conscious next to celestia about

Twilight probally started to ignore her parents when she became Celestia's Student . Bad Twilight! 

We don't now anything about Applejack or Rainbow Dash's parents, although it's implied Applejack's parents are dead. It's strange, really, how Applejack and Rainbow Dash's parents are the ones most shrouded in mystery. 

well, the staff confirmed that AJ's parents are dead, so I don't think that's an "implied" thing at this point.