Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What anime are you currently watching?

AmaraEveinson

I recently started Death Note. I like it so far despite the really stupid start. The beginning was basically Anime Cliché 101 but it has gotten better the more I have watched. Beyond that, I am also rewatching Attack on Titan, I really hope a second season happens. I know that might not happen for a long while though.

CURRENTLY?

• One Piece

• Sword Art Online II

• The Irregular at Magic High School

• Akame ga KILL!

• Hunter X Hunter

• Fairy Tail

• DRAMAtical Murder

• Sabagebu! - The Survival Game Club! -

• Bladedance of the Elementalers

• Hamatora

• RWBY (I threw it in even though some wouldn't call it anime because it's on Crunchyroll)

• Sailor Moon Crystal (Mostly I enjoy seeing the differences from when I was a kid)

There's more, but that's just what I try to keep up with as it airs. :muffins:

One Piece was back to it's absolute brilliant best this week. Fantastic episode that really hits the same mark that all the series' best episodes do...tragic backstory!  :(  Doflamingo is a bloody brilliant villain.

Continue to slowly make my way through Naruto again. Just finished the Zabuza fight. It was somehow a lot slower a fight, yet over a lot faster, than I remember. Naruto himself is still super annoying at this point, but the character type of a hero who's actually a bit of a failure still plays into his favour.

Good to see some Death Note love from lots of people recently  :D Fantastic series, my first proper anime series I watched and I've never looked back. Can't wait til I get round to rewatching it, Light is such a magnificent bastard.

I'm both watching and reading the Attack on Titan series right now.  Also the second season of Sword Art Online.......  I want to get around to watching the new sailor moon too...

currently?

Tokyo Ghouls(it's alright but not good)

SAO II(It's ok which is good because that means it's better than the second story arch of SAO)

Fate/Zero(slow start but I might be able to dig it) 

I just finished Trigun, I'm in the middle of Neon Genesis, and I plan on watching Sword Art Online next.  Also, trying to get ahold of Monster Character Theater, that little chibi Attack on Titan series.

I remember playing an IGPX Game on Cartoon Network when I was a kid.

What is the Anime about anyway? I'm guessing it must be pretty good if you're rewatching it.

Its one of those "racing" type of anime's, but there are three members of each team (the leader, the brute, and the strategist).  Yet, what they race with are transforming robots that travel at high speeds, :D  Take a look:

Its one of those "racing" type of anime's, but there are three members of each team (the leader, the brute, and the strategist).  Yet, what they race with are transforming robots that travel at high speeds, :D  Take a look:

Dang I remember seeing this promo way back on Toonami. Totally refreshed my memory there.

Yeah I remember another racing Anime I checked out called "Initial D" one time, but IGPX definitely appeals to me a bit more because of the giant robots. I buckin' love giant robots.

Just started The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya last night, and it's looking very promising. It's been a while since I watched a slice of life cartoon, so this is a nice change of pace. From what I've gathered so far, it's about a young girl who happens to have unbelievable, godlike power, and the efforts of her friends to keep her distracted enough not to notice. It has a charming set of characters, and the main guy, Kyon is fabulous. He's just your average dude who didn't ask for any of this garbage, and he offers a silly viewpoint to watch all the craziness happen. He's pretty snarky, and a little weird in his own right :lol:. I've heard a lot about this show from my sister and my friends, so here's hoping it keeps me hooked.

• Brohoof 2

*looks out for Lunatic*

I'm currently re-watching Oreimo, but I plan to start Clannad very soon :)

I liked Oriemo...to a point. I'm not quite sure why I was shocked that a series called "My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute" ended with

the brother and sister getting together. I knew from the start it was going to happen, it's right there in the title! Plus, this is anime, it happens all the time. But still, I was super disappointed.

Kuroneko all the way, imo.

I'm watching fullmetal alchemist brotherhood

Super series. Love it to bits. It's a fantastic story on absolutely every level (drama, emotion, suspense, comedy). If you're watching the dvd I'd highly recommend watching the Funimation gag reel that's an extra on the last disc. It's got some hilarious stuff on it  :lol:

Watching shoujo anime! SHOUJO KICK!

Currently Kimi Ni Todoke, probably going to go onto Clannad or maybe Angel Beats soon to transfer to an angst reign.

Shoujo  :yay:

Angel Beats is possibly in my top 10 anime series, I cry like a baby at that. And even though I really like Key stuff I just couldn't get into Clannad at all. It seemed to be totally cliche to me and is the first of their shows that really felt like I was just watching a visual novel game.

Edited by ShyPie
  • Brohoof 1

Akame ga kill and SAO 2 atm :), oha dn RWBY and Black bullet! Enjoying them all, but SAO and Akame ga kill are possibly 2 of the ebst animes I have seen to date, with SAO season 2.

When data a live gets  a new series/film I will love watching it as well :D!

• Brohoof 1