Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What anime are you currently watching?

AmaraEveinson

That one is actually iffy to some people, but some people do consider it an anime, May I suggest Sword Art Online? It has a beautiful storyline, although the artwork is different.

http://swordartonlineepisodes.com/

However, a warning to you on Sword Art Online. If you want an anime that is based off of real video games and is more about exploring the new world they are in, I would suggest "Log Horizon" if you don't care for Sword Art Online.  

http://myanimelist.net/anime/17265/Log_Horizon

Does Legend of Korra count as an anime? Because i just finished season 1 of that, and I'm going to watch Season 2.

Otherwise i'm not watching any, as I have not watched really any animes. but I do possibly want to get into some maybe.

hell yeah korra! counts as an anime and in my honest opinion its even better than some animes

• Brohoof 1

However, a warning to you on Sword Art Online. If you want an anime that is based off of real video games and is more about exploring the new world they are in, I would suggest "Log Horizon" if you don't care for Sword Art Online.  

On the note of Game-based anime, I'll just replug No Game No Life. watch it, I love it.

• Brohoof 1

Haven't heard about that one before, I might look into that one too, thanks for the suggestion as well!

• Brohoof 1

Currently I'm not watching any, unless you count Cowboy Bebop, which I've had on hold for years and will probably have to restart since I just don't remember anything. 

I do have several on my immediate to-do list. Here be the list, along with my reasons for each entry. 

• His and Her Circumstances - Because director Hideaki Anno is a genius and I can't wait to see his stylistic quirks and thematic concerns applied to a high school rom-com.
  • Texhnolyze - No idea what it's about, but I had a look at a few scenes and came away impressed by the meticulous cinematic technique on display. Will get around to it when I'm in the mood for oppressive darkness.
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena - A magical girl deconstruction that predates Madoka Magica. Often described as the genre's equivalent to my favorite show, Neon Genesis Evangelion. I watched a transformation scene and was instantly sold.
  • Vision of Escaflowne - All I know is that someone I respect recommends it and it has robots. Will get to it when I'm looking for a fun breather, which I assume this will be.
  • Code Geass - Same reason as above, though the person recommending it is a different one. 

Here's hoping none of these disappoint. 

I'm a bit of a huge One Piece fan so I'm glad to see you are enjoying it. By the way, which episode are you on?

Not that far. I'm near the end of the part where the fight Don Kreig.

I need to finish up Yu Yu Hakusho, I only have like the last couple discs of season 4 left.

Oh man, I gotta get back to watching that. I'm not even that far. Edited by Shenron00

Not that far. I'm near the end of the part where the fight Don Kreig.

Oh man, I gotta get back to watching that. I'm not even that far.

It's one of my favorite anime of all time, wait until you get to the Chapter Black arc and it gets even BETTER. 

• Brohoof 1

Lately I haven't been watching much new anime cuz I've been more focused on other fandoms, but I am slowly getting through Daily Lives of High School Boys and I'm rewatching Angel Beats! I'm gonna watch the new season of SAO next

Rudes, on 14 Aug 2014 - 12:02 AM, said:<p>

• Revolutionary Girl Utena - A magical girl deconstruction that predates Madoka Magica. Often described as the genre's equivalent to my favorite show, Neon Genesis Evangelion. I watched a transformation scene and was instantly sold.

I lost count. Just how many times does Anthy get slapped?

Don't get me wrong. I loved the series. It's just...WTF?!?!?

As for what anime I'm currently watching. It's an old favorite of mine from 1997. "Slayers". If you thought that The Great and Powerful Trixie had a big ego, just wait until you meet the sorceress Lina Inverse! Big difference though. Lina IS as powerful as she says she is, and has saved the world several times.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

My 'Watching' list is much too large.  I wish I had time to watch anime these days....

But regardless, here goes nothing: 

Akuma no Riddle

Ben-To

Blue Gender

High School DxD New

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai

Ikkitousen

Jigoku Shoujo

Kissxsis (OVAs)

Macross Frontier

Mondaiji-Tachi Ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu Yo?

No Game No Life

Spice and Wolf Season II

Ookami-san to Shichinin No Nakama-Tachi

Penguin Musume Heart

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom

Rosario to Vampire Capu2

Sabagebu!

Seikai no Monshou 

Seikoku no Dragonar

Space Dandy

Steins;Gate

Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199

Wake Up, Girls!

Yahari Ore No Seishun Love Comedy Wa Machigatteiru

Zankyou no Terror

I am currently in the process of watching:

Death Note... if being one episode in counts as currently watching it.

I'm also trying to watch the second season thing of Sword Art Online, but that's kinda hard.

I'm also trying to watch the Fairy Tale episodes after the ones on Netflix but that's also hard to do since the internet is vast.

• Brohoof 1

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. 

(That title is quite misleading)

Anyways I'm about halfway through the first and only season. It's the first anime I've actually kinda gotten into. Before I had only seen maybe 3 episodes of GuP.

• Brohoof 1

The new Yu-Gi-Oh Arc-V, which is already leagues above Zexal after less than twenty episode. I was watching Captain Earth, but haven't felt like watching it in a long while.

Edited by PoisonClaw