Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Five Nights at Freddy's

Jon the VGNerd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOztnsBPrAA

I will say it. Scariest game ever. EVER. EVER. I never thought someone would make a game any scarier than Amnesia. I was wrong.

And dayum. It's getting popular real quick.

Now let's get Pewdiepie to play it :lol: (I'm starting to think he's avoiding that game)

I don't like PewDiePie personally, I think he tries to make jokes that aren't funny.

• Brohoof 3

I just became aware of this game and dear god is that fox horrifying! The others at least have some kind of means of tracking their movements, but if you look away for so much as a second that fox will come vaulting down the hallway (which is even scarier because he's the only one you actually ever see move) and unleash the most nightmare-fuel inducing sound imaginable.

This game has a very Weeping Angel's vibe to it. While you're looking at them they stay rooted in place, but if you look away for any reason they can teleport halfway across the building and start rummaging through the kitchen for a late night snack. 

You know what I would do if I had to get a job like THAT?

Get a f***in' shotgun. I wouldn't care if they even need those animatronics anyway.

img-2987950-1-pinkie__s_got_a_shotgun_by

Chances are, if you're desperate enough to work a $120/week (or $4/hour) job as a security guard at a pizzaria of all places, while animatronic animals stalk you until the wee hours of the morning, a shotgun is the last thing you can afford. 

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 1

It's the constant dread of knowing that they're coming... knowing that eventually, you will have to face them... By themselves, I don't really think the robots themselves are all that scary, but when you know and see them there, and can do nothing about it other than shut a door -if your lucky- you feel powerless, and that's kind of scary in a game. I mean, at least in other horror games you can run.

Don't know why, but you feel quite invested in living, even though you only make 4$ an hour... not sure why they need a security guard when they got robots killing any trespassers anyways... 0.o

• Brohoof 1

It's the constant dread of knowing that they're coming... knowing that eventually, you will have to face them... By themselves, I don't really think the robots themselves are all that scary, but when you know and see them there, and can do nothing about it other than shut a door -if your lucky- you feel powerless, and that's kind of scary in a game. I mean, at least in other horror games you can run.

Don't know why, but you feel quite invested in living, even though you only make 4$ an hour... not sure why they need a security guard when they got robots killing any trespassers anyways... 0.o

im pretty sure the security guard is just bait to keep the robots inside.

or some other more sinister shit.

remember 5 kids dissapeared on freddy´s pizzeria and 4 were stuffed inside the animatronics, and the guy on the phone was stuffed inside chica, then there is the weird noises inside the kitchen which you cant see.

http://thegreatsunbro.tumblr.com/post/95174509615/vg-is-wonderful-place

im just gonna leave this here.

Ok, after checking it out. It would appear this this is not a free game. It is not even out on Steam yet, although it was greenlit.

Does anypony know where I could get a demo or something like that ?

I bought the game and I really don't understand the game mechanics. I wish they add a tutorial.

So basically, you're in the security room (which I don't think you can leave). You have two doors which you can close ( to prevent those things from getting in) and lights (which helps you to see them).

Of course, I use the cameras and I see the things move. That's all fine, but can somepony tell me how I'm supposed to defend myself ?

Are those two doors really the only means of defense ???????

I mean, I managed to get through the first night by just staring at cameras and not doing anything else. But, I die in the second night because I do not understand what to do......

I bought the game and I really don't understand the game mechanics. I wish they add a tutorial.

So basically, you're in the security room (which I don't think you can leave). You have two doors which you can close ( to prevent those things from getting in) and lights (which helps you to see them).

Of course, I use the cameras and I see the things move. That's all fine, but can somepony tell me how I'm supposed to defend myself ?

Are those two doors really the only means of defense ???????

I mean, I managed to get through the first night by just staring at cameras and not doing anything else. But, I die in the second night because I do not understand what to do......

There kind of is a tutorial in the form of the Phone Guy's messages. He'll phone in at the start of each night and give you helpful suggestions on ways to survive the night.

Yes, the doors are your only means of defense, but because they're a drain on your limited power supply, you should only use them when necessary and not just keep them closed, like when they're either standing right outside your door or visible on a camera in the hallway right next to your little outpost.  The lights are to check the blind spots right outside your door, as there aren't any cameras there as well as to check for when they leave if they're standing behind a closed door. Should you be unable to find one of them on the cameras, you can use your lights to see if they're stalking you. Again, everything drains your limited reserves of power so you have to use everything in moderation so you have just enough power to last the six hours. 

The trick is to monitor and learn their habits, like what side each animal has a chance of popping up at. Just looking at the cameras all night will not save you in the slightest. However, you need to keep a close eye on the Pirates Cove area, because sometimes the fox will pop out and you have to periodically glance at him to make sure he hasn't moved. Should the curtains be opened and he's not standing there, you literally have seconds to slam the left door closed before he comes vaulting down the hallway like an Olympic sprinter and kills you instantly. 

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 1

I will say, I love this game for many reasons. But I think I love it most because at it's core, it's a very well made and challenging puzzle game. You replace the entire setting and characters, and you might make it less terrifying. But you never make it less difficult. Games like Slender aren't really hard, and there is very little to balance. Five Nights at Freddy's is a delicate balance between many different variables and systems, becoming less forgiving as time goes on, requiring you to master the game before you can even hope to beat it.

Another reason I love the game is the amount of content this seemingly shallow game has to it. From extra modes to secret details to chilling easter eggs, there is a lot more to this game than just 5 nights of creepiness.

And third of all, I love the story. Both of them, actually. The initial story of "Robots are malfunctioning and intend to put you back into costume" and the

"The place is haunted by the souls of 5 murdered children who attempt to kill you the same way they were"

story are both well crafted and for the most part well integrated into the game on all levels.

For just one man creating this game, I give it a 10/10

In all honesty, Papers, Please looks like it would deliver a far more thrilling playthrough. This looks about as scary as day-old fried rice. Yet another "horror game" that leaves me unfazed.

EDIT: I was right.

I enjoy watching/playing it not because of the scares, but because the scares are playing against your ability to play the game properly. I very much view this game as a puzzle game at it's core, with horror elements mixed in for challenge and atmosphere. If you were to replace the animatrons with cute adorable kittens, and replaced the pizza place with fluffy clouds, the game wouldn't be very terrifying, but would still be very tense because of how challenging the game is. With the horror aspect in place, however, the tension builds upon itself, to the point of paranoia. This, in my eyes, is where the fun is. Mastering the systems and conquering your fears to think logically and cooly and survive Five* Nights at Freddy's.

I enjoy watching/playing it not because of the scares, but because the scares are playing against your ability to play the game properly. I very much view this game as a puzzle game at it's core, with horror elements mixed in for challenge and atmosphere. If you were to replace the animatrons with cute adorable kittens, and replaced the pizza place with fluffy clouds, the game wouldn't be very terrifying, but would still be very tense because of how challenging the game is. With the horror aspect in place, however, the tension builds upon itself, to the point of paranoia. This, in my eyes, is where the fun is. Mastering the systems and conquering your fears to think logically and cooly and survive Five* Nights at Freddy's.

It's somewhat difficult to conquer fears that don't happen. I agree, this is a puzzle game, but at no point did it ever become "horror".

It's somewhat difficult to conquer fears that don't happen. I agree, this is a puzzle game, but at no point did it ever become "horror".

Then it simply didn't scare you. But the game is still difficult as balls, and that's about half of the appeal.

Sometime, if you can, try "4/20" mode. Night 7 with all the AI cranked to max. You die within seconds if you're not immediately on your guard and always remember how all the systems in place work. It's quite the thrill.

I see that some of you have finished the game.

I'm currently on Night 4 and I am having some trouble looking out for Freddy.

I spend so much time on the camera looking for him that I neglect the other two animatronics.

Yeah, this game is really hard. I can't even imagine what Night 5 is going to be like....

I managed to beat night 6. It's really easy because I came up with the PERFECT strategy.

I've got two stars on the main screen. Just need the third one.

For the third star, you need to beat the 7th night (custom night) with all A.I's set on 20 (Extreme difficulty).

But, with the PERFECY strategy of the Great and Powerful Boiteporte, beating the custom night will be easy.

No problem at all.

a27.png

i noticed a lot of advances in the game hasnt been posted.

1. the phone message on night 5 was discovered: http://five-nights-at-freddys.wikia.com/wiki/The_5th_Night

Although fans posited numerous possible translations, it has since been determined that the call is actually an excerpt from the book Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramhansa Yogananda. The complete passage is as follows:

(Omitted: It is lamentable that mass agricultural development) is not speeded by fuller use of your marvelous mechanisms. Would it not be easily possible to employ some of them in quick laboratory experiments to indicate the influence of various types of fertilizers on plant growth?" "You are right. Countless uses of (omitted: Bose instruments) will be made by future generations. The scientist seldom knows contemporaneous reward; it is enough to possess the joy of creati-(omitted: -ve service).

2. someone beat 7 night 4/20 mode

he really got gud

3. if you put 1987 on the custom night ai box this happens