• Windows 1.0
    • Windows 95
    • Windows 98
    • Windows 2000/Me
    • Windows XP
    • Windows Vista
    • Windows 7
    • Windows 8

I have two rigs running 8.1 and two running 7. Most of my family is running 7. I find XP clunky to use anymore and if I come across it on a family member's PC, I upgrade them to 7 since I'm the tech guy who has to deal with it. Vista is fine, I never had any issues with it, and I think it is what it is... a stepping stone OS basically since it and 7 are very similar.

8.1 is my personal preference though now that I've gotten use to it. I very rarely see the modern UI stuff, and when I do it isn't even close to being as horrible as people make it out to be. You have to upgrade to 8.1 though, 8 is a little clunky on a desktop or laptop without a touch screen. 8.1 behaves like 7 for the most part if you don't have a touch screen. It also seems to run a bit faster/smoother IMO. If M$ OS's were not so expensive, all my rigs would be using it (unless of course the netbook couldn't handle it, it would remain 7 I guess).

7.  Windows 8 has all the horrible touchscreen, and if you're using it on a destop, all that stuff just sits around taking up system resources.  Windows is like Star Trek movies--every other one is good.  Except with Star Trek, even ones were the best, with Windows the odd one are the good ones.

So far I've been using Windows 98 (first OS I ever had) then it was XP and now I have windows 7 (64 bit). I also have laptop with windows 8 at work and I have to admit that windows 8 is terrible, uncomfortable and those side panels that appear when Your mouse goes in that area can annoy me very hard. 

Windows 7 wins for me. Visual aspects are very nice IMO and at the same time it does not have bugs Windows Vista had. Performance is quite fast and most times I experience no problems with it overall. 

• Brohoof 1

So far I’ve had 3.1, 95, 98, ME, XP, Vista (but only for a week until reinstalling XP) and currently on 7.

I’d say currently 7 is my favourite: it does what I want no problem, and it’s the closest thing to a more modern equvilant to my old faverite XP before Microsoft ignored those who said “if it aint broke don’t fix it” and made Windows 8.

Aww, where's 3.1? :(

Favorite? 98SE. For nostalgia, definitely not stability.

7 I had the least trouble with, though 8 is blazing fast and fine for me with a start menu replacement.

I would go for Windows 7. I'm not used to Windows 8 (I spent half an hour looking for the control panel, lol).

Windows 98 was good too. It was such a huge advancement compared to 95. Windows 2000 was OK, even though, it had compatibility problems.

XP was great. However, I was not happy with Vista.

Windows Millenium on the other hand was absolutely horrible.

Windows 7 and Windows XP

Windows Vista sucks. You can't use photo shop on it, and you can only find a bad version.

Windows 7 does not allow desktop changes, but Windows XP is out of date. I would go with Windows 7 being the best and find a way to change desktop.

From what I've seen on Windows 8, I don't like it.

Winner: Windows 7

My favourite is oldschool Windows XP. However, since my family has upgraded and I have no PC of my own (use my tablet) so I cant use xp anymore D:

BUT i do like 7 too, seeing as you can change the theme to a Windows 2000-esque type theme ;)

Windows 7 and Windows XP

Windows Vista sucks. You can't use photo shop on it, and you can only find a bad version.

Windows 7 does not allow desktop changes, but Windows XP is out of date. I would go with Windows 7 being the best and find a way to change desktop.

From what I've seen on Windows 8, I don't like it.

Winner: Windows 7

You can sortof customise the desktop, you left click and click Personalise. Im a windows 7 geek :P

Windows XP and Windows 7.

8 has the potential for being good, but it only really works on a touch screen device, IMHO. If it had the option to utiise a 7/XP style interface, I would like it a lot more.

Frankly I think I'm going to end up going with linux but hay.

I use Linux myself, including for gaming, and I have yet to be disappointed. True, there are a few games that dont run, but those are few, and the list grows smaller.

• Brohoof 1

For me, it would be Windows XP. As far as Windows OS' go, it offered and showcased the best in regards to performance, stability, and user-friendliness.

I use Windows 7 here at work, but I don't use it enough to judge it's abilities.

I still prefer OS-X Mountain Lion and Mavericks thus far. ^^

• Brohoof 1