Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony lingo IRL

PeachPalette

Has anypony ever used lingo from the show in public, whether it be on purpose or accidental? (For instance: Calling someone "Sugarcube", saying something has to be 20% cooler, or using "pony" in place of some"one"?)

What were some of the reactions you've gotten from doing that?

I've used 20% cooler in one of my classes at school before, but only because there was another brony in there. I must admit though i'm tempted to throw it into my normal speaking and see what happens.

ALL THE TIME!! Well not all the time, but more than usual when it comes to internet speak. At first it was just to kinda joke around and people thought it was funny, but I progressively started using it more, and now I don't even notice half the time. It just kinda casually slips out.

At first most people that weren't bronies but still got it were like "...really... :huh: " but now they don't even notice because it's so casual.

• Brohoof 2

I try to keep my internet speak and my everyday speech completely separate.

I do call people saccharine nicknames like "sugarcube" sometimes, though. Does that count?

We'll just say it counts. :)

I do it all the time, and my friends laugh and just think: Theres Donovan making up new phrases!

Whilst I get my fix of ponies throughout the day. I find myself saying Derpy's and Rainbow Dash's lines the most

Enter wall of text here

Well since we are best friends, I basically side with this. We like to make fun of one of our other best friend who isn't down with the herd, and whenever we say something we will top it off be saying "We just made it a pony reference." Which he then shakes his head. ^_^ He loves it!

Other than that I make pony references and remarks all the time. Something i'v mainly come accustom to.

Edited by Derpyshy
  • Brohoof 2

Never done it, but that gives me an idea. I'm just going to use subtle hints. Not too obvious, just enough to make another closet Brony notice, one day I will strike gold, and it will be the most epic moment of my life! :) .... I need to get out more ;(

• Brohoof 1

Never done it, but that gives me an idea. I'm just going to use subtle hints. Not too obvious, just enough to make another closet Brony notice, one day I will strike gold, and it will be the most epic moment of my life! :) .... I need to get out more ;(

You do that! I notice I've been using the lingo more and more in day to day life and I love it. :) Just today I called a friend Sugarcube. Luckily, I've converted her so she knows what I'm talking about lol.

• Brohoof 1

I pretty much use whatever feels natural (usually lots of pony references) but as an open brony (everyone I know knows what I'm a brony) nobody is really surprised, I do try not to say everypony around people who aren't bronies though because that one really tends to confuse or creep people out.

I stopped cursing as such, so now everytime I said something like "the buck is this?"

also I tend to use very frequently the fun has been doubled when something is incredible

• Brohoof 1

I stopped cursing as such, so now everytime I said something like "the buck is this?"

also I tend to use very frequently the fun has been doubled when something is incredible

I think "what the buck" is my favorite ponyism to come out of this fandom.

That's slipped out from me sometimes, but I use kitschy pseudoswears sometimes, so I assume people just think I'm doing that.

I must say that incorporating the show's humor into daily life makes things much more amusing. I spam 'eeyup' an awful lot, plus using Rarity's 'Worst. Possible. Thing!' whenever the opportunity strikes, and many more. :3

I've accidentally used "everypony" once or twice before, and sometimes deliberately use 'eeyup'. <..<

Edited by Jadefire

I've started using 20% cooler a lot more, I also got my English teacher to star saying it haha now whenever I turn stuff it he always write "Make it 20% cooler right here" and puts a random arrow to something in my paper. :lol:

I've said "everypony" in daily speech. I casually throw in "Eeyup" and "20% cooler". The most noticeable thing I've ever done is ask for "Twilight Sparkling water".
  • Brohoof 1

I've been calling my boyfriend "sugarcube". I first did it without realizing it. I also will be thinking about something and on occasion replace "everybody" with "everypony" on accident in my head, haha.

• Brohoof 1

Nope I never use that speak in public at all. Ony time I do it is online in My Little Pony Forums or meet up groups. I keep this show very private no one shall know. Well my friend knows that I like this show and doesn't make fun of me for it.

I've caught myself from saying everypony on several occasions (confound my habit of writing fan-fictions).

However I did once say "Parasprite fighter" instead of "Parasite fighter".

Posted Image

Fig. 1 "Parasprite Fighter" A Parasprite who is a fighter

Posted Image

Fig. 2 "Parasite Fighter" A Combat aircraft that is carried and transported in active ability by a larger aircraft (called a Mothership).