Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming which mario character do you hate more?

powerpuff-tsubasa

I don't like the baby versions of the characters. As my friend pointed out sometime ago, they took up space in the roster for Mario Kart 8 that should have been used for more unique/well known characters like King Boo and Dry Bones. -_- Also, the whole concept of having baby versions just seems silly IMO.

My favorite character is Waluigi, and here's 10 reasons why: http://www.gamervision.com/users/coop/articles/ten_reasons_waluigi_is_awesome

• Brohoof 2

I don't like the baby versions of the characters. As my friend pointed out sometime ago, they took up space in the roster for Mario Kart 8 that should have been used for more unique/well known characters like King Boo and Dry Bones. -_- Also, the whole concept of having baby versions just seems silly IMO.

My favorite character is Waluigi, and here's 10 reasons why: http://www.gamervision.com/users/coop/articles/ten_reasons_waluigi_is_awesome

speaking of MK8, i heard that pink gold peach is also another worst character (didn't play it, but tbh i hate princess peach all the way!)

• Brohoof 1

Wow, so much female character hate :/

Well, since we're talking about hated Mario characters, it seems appropriate to bring in The Game Theorists. This youtube-based group actually did a two part video on why Mario is an awful person/character ( Part 1 / Part 2 )

As for Peach and Daisy, Daisy's usually just a Peach clone so there's not much to say there. Peach, I have a love/hate relationship with. She is kind of a sexist character, needing saving constantly (except for that one time that very few people remember), but she is also a feminine female character who can be played as a fighter/racer/etc. Personally, I just play the Mario games with the "Arranged Kidnapping" headcannon in mind, wherein Mario, Peach, and Bowser all have an agreement where Bowser is paid to kidnap Peach occasionally so that Mario can feel like a hero and Peach can have some excitement in her life (theory also provided by the Game Theorists).

In the other games, especially Smash Bros, I play as Peach so that I, a feminine woman, using a feminine character, can whoop all my friends' asses with a feminine flourish. 

Last thought: If Peach is a slut then all the better. It means my slut self can use my slut avatar to high-kick slut shaming in the jaw.

~Princess Out~

• Brohoof 2

In the other games, especially Smash Bros, I play as Peach so that I, a feminine woman, using a feminine character, can whoop all my friends' asses with a feminine flourish. 

i haven't played super smash bros. but imo. i think peach is the worst fighter. she even used her ass to fight, i mean... "WTF IS THIS BITCH HERE! SHE DOESN'T DESERVE A PLAYABLE SPOT!" i don't want to hurt ur opinions, but this girl is too overrated, childish, brattish, snobbiest, and all of the above. 

I was never too big into the Mario franchise, except for Mario Kart, and on that note I can't freaking stand Birdo or Baby Daisy.  When I play with my siblings, my brother always picks one of them when he wants to annoy everyone.  They're just so shouty and irritating.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, Peach has allot of hate from me. She is an out right slut really. With Daisy, she at least has some common decency. She also more or less a tomboy. Honestly, I find Daisy's personality much more appealing then Peach's.

peach = agree

daisy = disagree

no offense to ur liking for daisy tho :/

peach = agree

daisy = disagree

no offense to ur liking for daisy tho :/

Honestly, I cannot hate you for it. I like her as a character because I'll be honest. I have a thing for tomboys. Plus she isn't the sleeping around type, like Peach is assumed to be. I'm sure you have your reasons for disliking her and while I may disagree, I cannot boo you. To each their own.

• Brohoof 1

i haven't played super smash bros. but imo. i think peach is the worst fighter. she even used her ass to fight, i mean... "WTF IS THIS BITCH HERE! SHE DOESN'T DESERVE A PLAYABLE SPOT!" i don't want to hurt ur opinions, but this girl is too overrated, childish, brattish, snobbiest, and all of the above. 

How would you know who's a good fighter if you don't play the game?

I've played quite a bit, so I'll give you the rundown. Peach is not the best character by any means, but she can offer some tactical advantage under certain conditions, and can work well with certain fighting styles, especially in group battles. She also got a terrible final smash in brawl, but then again Luigi's is just as bad and no one's whining about him. I also don't see why her hip-check move is a bad thing, I mean it's slow but it's pretty powerful when it hits.

More importantly though, Peach is just the character I grew up playing, because as a girl, I wanted to play as a girl, and her and Zelda were the only two characters in the version I grew up with who were easily recognizable as girls (not that Samus being a girl isn't the actual best thing ever, because it is). Like someone (wish I knew who) said above, she's not a great female character, but she was one of the first ones we could play as, and that's a pretty big deal.

You don't have to like her. Honestly if Nintendo keeps giving us new playable females then I wouldn't be heartbroken to see her go. But as the girl who let me play games as someone who looked like me, who said "hey, wearing dresses and makeup doesn't mean you can't fight", she will always hold a special little place in my heart.

• Brohoof 1

How would you know who's a good fighter if you don't play the game?

I've played quite a bit, so I'll give you the rundown. Peach is not the best character by any means, but she can offer some tactical advantage under certain conditions, and can work well with certain fighting styles, especially in group battles. She also got a terrible final smash in brawl, but then again Luigi's is just as bad and no one's whining about him. I also don't see why her hip-check move is a bad thing, I mean it's slow but it's pretty powerful when it hits.

More importantly though, Peach is just the character I grew up playing, because as a girl, I wanted to play as a girl, and her and Zelda were the only two characters in the version I grew up with who were easily recognizable as girls (not that Samus being a girl isn't the actual best thing ever, because it is). Like someone (wish I knew who) said above, she's not a great female character, but she was one of the first ones we could play as, and that's a pretty big deal.

You don't have to like her. Honestly if Nintendo keeps giving us new playable females then I wouldn't be heartbroken to see her go. But as the girl who let me play games as someone who looked like me, who said "hey, wearing dresses and makeup doesn't mean you can't fight", she will always hold a special little place in my heart.

i actually read this and learned peach is a bad fighter

http://www.thetoptens.com/worst-ssbb-characters/princess-peach-120362.asp

Personally? I fucking hate toad, that smug useless d*bag; his voice just straight out bothers me. Also Rosalina because well, she's not Daisy and y'know; I like Daisy.

Also, asswhores; my new favorite tag right there.

• Brohoof 1

I never knew all of these baby characters even existed!

Though, I'd have to say daisy for sure.. Well.. At least I think it was Daisy, hard to tell back then.

Playing that old supermario land, you'd go to kiss her.. and... OH! WHAT WAS THAT?!

Your princess is in another castle. Excuse me while this flopping scribble hops away.

• Brohoof 2

Last thought: If Peach is a slut then all the better. It means my slut self can use my slut avatar to high-kick slut shaming in the jaw.

^

This.

Being feminine does not equate to being a slut, and being a slut does not equate to being the spawn of demons.

i actually read this and learned peach is a bad fighter

http://www.thetoptens.com/worst-ssbb-characters/princess-peach-120362.asp

These are by votes, so people that dislike Peach just because they can't deal with her interrupt moves probably spammed that. It's not actually a look at mechanics to see if she is good or not. She's not as good as Melee Peach, but she's strong against people like Marth. Also, calling her a slut is not a valid reason to say that she is a bad character to play, even with that Final Smash (which neither me nor any of friends use because they're stupid).

Edit: Also these people don't like Wario and Olimar, meaning that they probably just can't play anyone who requires any sort of micromanagement.

Edited by Shizune
  • Brohoof 1

Personally? I fucking hate toad, that smug useless d*bag; his voice just straight out bothers me. Also Rosalina because well, she's not Daisy and y'know; I like Daisy.

Also, asswhores; my new favorite tag right there.

you should learn more about rosalina carefully. she's got a backstory, which daisy does not

Well, 'cause princesses aren't usually sexy in video games. They are really fat little things dressed up in big poofy dresses and a totally girly outlook. And in that game they are playing sports. Peach in her regular dress...slips, falls, goes to surgery. Since their creators wanted them to have room to play sports, they made them wear sexy outfits.

And this, ladies and gentleman, is why Zero Suit Samus has to be the best eye candy in the new Smash Bros. in recent Nintendo games.

She isn't a princess.

Dun dun dunnn.

:P

In all seriousness though, I dislike Daisy mainly because of her voice. If they could change her voice just a little bit, I think I would appreciate her a little bit.

I would rather have Rosalina over Daisy in any future games.

• Brohoof 1

In all seriousness though, I dislike Daisy mainly because of her voice. If they could change her voice just a little bit, I think I would appreciate her a little bit.

I would rather have Rosalina over Daisy in any future games.

don't forget her behavior. both her voice and behavior made me despise her.

• Brohoof 1

you should learn more about rosalina carefully. she's got a backstory, which daisy does not

That seemed more like a Luma story and a lot less like a Rosalina one, though y'know; it's a whole lot more than what you get for either Daisy or Peach. Also I think I just like Daisy because of that awful Mario Bros. movie...

• 1 month later...

The Hammer Bothers from SMB 1 on NES. However, they did refine my video game motor skills for much more intense characters like the Ninja Gaiden swan