Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the one thing you have worked hardest on?

Phoenix Flair

Ever.  Like, ever ever.  What is the goal or project that has taken the most of your effort in life?  Graduating college?  High school?  Being on the football team?  How did it turn out?

I worked hardest on my first book, completed at age 16.  I came up with the initial concept at 6, but I didn't really start writing in earnest until I was 12.  I was still a young writer at the time, so it took me a long time to learn the ropes, but finally I have 5 full notebooks of my first major writing project stashed away.  I did have to redo the entire thing, since it was terrible, but at least I used the notebooks as a guideline.

What about you?  :)

• Brohoof 1

When I played baseball for my high school in my Freshman and Sophomore years.

It was tough because of my heart defect, and I'd often come home and go to bed and sleep until morning time after practicing out in the hot Texas sun, even with a doctor mandated lighter workout routine. It was brutal on my body and probably cut my life span down a few years, but I loved playing it so much :D 

It was hard, though. All the practice I put in and all the work I had to do just to get to play was rough. I had to hop through a lot of hoops to play for my team, but it was worth it in the end.

Unfortunately, I was only able to endure two years of that. I couldn't pass the physical to play for my junior year and I didn't pass it again this year, but I didn't really expect to do so. Those two years were worth the effort and I'm a bit sad I don't get to play anymore, but it was something I had to overcome a lot of adversity just to be able to do.

• Brohoof 5

Over coming internal issues that made me prone to violence. Its been 7 years since i last flew into a rage. Im happy to say im actually very friendly now and considered extreamly pleasent. Although i still call it as i see it.

• Brohoof 4

Deciding to complete the pokedex and own one of each pokemon (bulbasaur, ivysaur, venusaur, charmander...)

I created an excel spreadsheet and started every pokemon game I owned over from the start. Each time I entered a new route, I cross referenced the things available on the route with what I already had and needed. By the end, I had pretty much everything except for the Pokemon X exclusives.

The problem there was that the Global Trade Station is freaking insane, people asking legendaries for pathetic little swirlix. Fortunately, a friend in my college program has that version. He found my mission noble and found a common swirlix for me. He even did a back and forth trade so I could get slurpuff (and then breed it for swirlix.) Overall, it took me about 2 months. The hardest part was trying to keep my spreadsheet up to date and organized.

• Brohoof 3

Looking after my Exotic pets has sometimes been tedious and I just sometimes couldn't give up some time for them but I know most of them live for 20 years plus and I have had them all for a year and a bit now. 

You just can't say that face ain't cute.  :P kelso.jpg

• Brohoof 4

Well, it seems to me you've asked more than one question.  What have [we], and what are [we] (putting the most effort into).

Something in past tense would be Band (trumpet from 5th through 12th grade) and also drama/theatre (plays) for the same amount of time.

Now, my goal is keeping my college GPA up enough to hold onto my partial scholarship.  Currently I'm a sophomore with a 3.87 GPA.  

• Brohoof 2

For me it was my trombone playing. I played and practiced it so much in high school, that people were always sort of disappointed that I wouldn't be a music major (that's all I'll say about my skills...) Unfortunately, I'm not as interested as I was before with it anymore. Not sure if it's normal to just.. Change hobbies ya know :1?

• Brohoof 1

Customizing My Little Pony figures. 

Been doing it since 2005, started off with lumpy paint work, sloppy hair and glueing clothes onto the poor things without even bothering to stitch them. 

Evolving through that, here I am~

Hardest thing, eh?

Hmm...

I guess the hardest thing I had to do in my life was doing a complete overhaul of the kitchen in my house. As it was before, there wasn't enough space to for me add new things that either I wanted to add or absolutely needed, like a bigger fridge, more cabinet space, ect. So I started taking measurements of every nook and cranny that I could possibly get to. Once that was done, I took out the middle wall that was separating the kitchen from the dining room then removed the carpeting in the dining room and moved all the furniture out of there as well. Went to Lowe's to buy the wood I was going to need for the new cabinets, a base for the extended counter and hunting down the same pattern for the counter tops that I already had for my kitchen, new drawers and used the rest of the wood I didn't use to build a big enough closet for extra storage space of perishable goods. Building all this stuff took a month and a half, that's not even counting the hardwood flooring I had to put in, the primer and paint for the cabinets, counters, and drawers then making sure those same cabinets could support the weight of the different stuff that I was going to put into them and also make sure the space was big enough for the large fridge and freeze combo that I bought some time ago.

Factoring all that in, took about another month on top of that due to financial reasons and my own general laziness toward it sometimes then getting some help from a few friends of mine if I happen to come across anything I couldn't do myself. I eventually got finished with that whole thing July last year which I started that whole thing during some time near the end of March. It was a huge project but I'm happy with the way it looks and all the space I have which I still haven't used up yet but it's getting there.

Now that I think about it, might end up having to do the same to the living room pretty soon if I keep deciding to buy more games and game consoles. XD

• Brohoof 2

Everything I do that I am enthusiastic about, I work hard on. I can't really help myself. It just happens. But let's list the more prominent things:

• Aelita Crystal. Hoo boy. This series. I have been working on it officially since 2008. In its previous, more primitive form? I've been working on it for over ten years. I really want to create my own series of stories in a detailed universe that allows for maximum creativity. This series is my soul, it is one of the main reasons I live. Without it, I would be meaningless and without direction. I put everything I have into it, without even a single thought. It isn't an effort to me, it just happens. I really cannot emphasize how much work I've put into it over the years. If it takes ten more years to make it a success, then I'm all too willing. In fact, I never want this project to be over. Because that's when I'd be dead, probably. That's the only time it'll actually end.

• My art. I've been forcing myself to work even harder lately, when before, I coasted a bit. But I have still been really motivated to be a good artist. I work so hard, research anatomy, techniques, tutorials. Many of my pictures take up so much of my time, and I'm working on speeding up as well. Making something that looks good is important, and this is such a part of who I am because I am not so able to see images in my mind. It is my dream to see what I cannot imagine expressed outwardly and perfectly, just the way I want it. The more I improve my skills, the closer I can get to creating my own outward mental images.

• Personality. This is also very vital. Very very vital. I work hard all the time in trying to contain all of these negative emotions and issues I am cursed by. Been going to therapy for nearly four years. Lately again, I've been trying even harder because I'm in a relationship and I need to shape up. I want to reach my full potential and be the true me. Not to be shackled by fear or anger. I work hard on trying to be aware of my flaws, trying to make new discoveries about myself constantly, and find out who I really am. I'm always thinking, going on this long journey to explore myself. 

• Important relationships with others. I put my all into close friendships. Always working, always mediating, and trying to fix issues. It is a constant struggle and is related to the above. I try to ensure everyone communicates properly. My current relationship is one thing I am working very hard on improving. The quality of both of our lives, and achieving our dreams and goals. 

Call it 'repairing past mistakes', if you'd like. When i was younger, i didn't know and didn't care about what my future career would look like. Took me a while to get my act together, learn what i needed to learn, earn the credits i required to get to college... but i'm finally on the right track :)

• Brohoof 1

I... *stops and thinks* Have I ever actually worked hard at anything in any substantial way?

I suppose I worked hard to learn the bassoon, so there is that. In fact, I can easily go with that because I was dead-set on mastering it when I first started it, so much that when I had a week where I was so sick I couldn't practice I remember it being so agonizing to me.

I miss those days.

• Brohoof 1

Becoming more social.

While this is what I've worked the hardest on throughout my entire life, it's also my biggest failure. So much work put into attempting to improve myself, only to fall flat on my face each and every time.

Although, I have my whole life to work on it, so it's a never-ending race.

I've gotta say being social a little bit more.  That's b/c i've been so busy that, i've pretty much put friendship to the side, but friendship is what keeps me going. 

For me, its being myself. I try not to stick to the status quo, I break the grain, and just be myself, which i do now, so it succeeded XD

As a great man once said.....