Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

books What was the last book you read?

Digit

Last week I finished the new Mercy Thompson book, Night Broken. I love that series.

I also decided to re-read the Redwall books and I'm about a third through the first book, Redwall, right now.

the last thing i read was the catcher in the rie it was about a catcher who was in the rie good read

That's a pretty interesting book, i gotta admit.  :)

That was the book John Lennon's killer drew inspiration from to kill him.

I remember hearing that from my class.   Yet, there was another individual who had the same view, but can't remember his name.

The killer's name? Mark David Chapman

Not him, (yet i already know he was the one who shot John in NYC), but there was another individual in the late 50's, that was in Washington D.C. 

the last thing i read was the catcher in the rie it was about a catcher who was in the rie good read

I ... Love .... That .... Book!

The end with the cap. Older Holden narrating with a different perspective from his youthful self.

:D

Last new book I read was Doctor Sleep

Stephen King's stories are never cheap

I always recommend The Stand to a writer trying to find out who to create a large cast of memorable characters.

• Brohoof 1

I have recently read Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451. Quite a saddening book, yet it says quite a bit to say about our society. I would highly suggest reading it if you have not done so.

One of the most vital points the story made was how people like to turn their heads away from the horrible parts of life. However, if you never face your enemies or your struggles, they will eventually destroy you. But the destruction of humanity does not bring about our downfall. We are like phoenixes. We rise out of the ashes of the fires that we lit and start a new. Unlike phoenixes, we can learn from our mistakes and do things to prevent us from being engulfed in the flames once more. 

I have recently read Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451. Quite a saddening book, yet it says quite a bit to say about our society. I would highly suggest reading it if you have not done so.

One of the most vital points the story made was how people like to turn their heads away from the horrible parts of life. However, if you never face your enemies or your struggles, they will eventually destroy you. But the destruction of humanity does not bring about our downfall. We are like phoenixes. We rise out of the ashes of the fires that we lit and start a new. Unlike phoenixes, we can learn from our mistakes and do things to prevent us from being engulfed in the flames once more.

Omg ray Bradbury Halloween tree is one of my absolute faviorte books and he did an amazing job with the screenplay.

I finished the Fellowship of the Ring a couple of days ago, and i'm on the Two Towers now. I'm a pretty fast reader. It's really good so far. After the Two Towers i'll be on the Return of the King and then I really want to get started on either Les Miserables or Game of Thrones. Then after one of those i'm gonna tackle War and Peace. Thankfully I've read FO:E and FO:E - PE which are both longer than W&P, so I think i'm good. And I really just want to get a good book to hit people in the head with i do that with every book i've ever known, they are excellent to hit your friends over the head with when you're annoyed

Edited by Shift
  • Brohoof 1

I finished the Fellowship of the Ring a couple of days ago, and i'm on the Two Towers now. I'm a pretty fast reader. It's really good so far. After the Two Towers i'll be on the Return of the King and then I really want to get started on either Les Miserables or Game of Thrones. Then after one of those i'm gonna tackle War and Peace. Thankfully I've read FO:E and FO:E - PE which are both longer than W&P, so I think i'm good. And I really just want to get a good book to hit people in the head with i do that with every book i've ever known, they are excellent to hit your friends over the head with when you're annoyed

Such a classic story, thus one of my favorites

@,

Which one, LOTR?

If so, then it's an amazing story, i'm really interested in it. My current favorite character is Legolas, followed by Arwen, followed by Gollum. 

@,

Which one, LOTR?

If so, then it's an amazing story, i'm really interested in it. My current favorite character is Legolas, followed by Arwen, followed by Gollum.

i like all three of the LOTR including the Hobbit. :D

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I just finished reading "The Godwulf Manuscript" (1973) by Robert B. Parker. It's the first in over thirty Spenser mystery novels. Here's a line that knocked me right out of the book and started me giggling.

"I poured the coffee and brought out some applejack and two pony glasses."
- Spenser P.I.

Good Golly! Spenser is a Brony!
LOL!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney