Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

@Stellar Heights

Hey there. :) While it is nice that you are taking an interest in our thread, for the time being, your reply are not considered part of the thread currently, for a few reasons.

1. You have not come here on the OOC, and introduced your character(s) for approval, so we don't know what we are dealing with. I have implemented this, to make sure we don't get Mary Sue situations, as those are rather tedious. Not saying you are one to go that route, just that this is why I wish for folks to come here first.

2. The characters you are seemingly replying too, are in various places. Rising for instance, is in an entirely different country. In a tightly packed street. Thus, the reply does not work, even if it were accepted.

3. The big one: You're taking control of characters, belonging to other people. This is godmodding, and I have to insist that you please do not do that. You can phrase it like they might want to turn and look, but you can't control the characters, their thoughts, or what they say., You can hint in ways what you think they might, or presume, but you can't be controlling them, please.

If you want to join the thread proper, let's start by seeing who your char(s) are, and then take it from there, here in the OOC. :)

@Blitz Boom  Whoops, sorry about that! Haven't roleplayed before, should have checked the rules!

So I should intro them!

Sienna Cinnamon: She's an earth pony, who's a bit mischievous

Powers: None 

Glory Feather: an angel pony, she's quite zen and calm

Powers: flight

and 

Pixel Bit: a pixie unicorn, she's small but not standoffish! 

Powers: Levitation via horn

Again, very sorry! I'm a bit of a newb to this!

Edited by Stellar Heights

@Stellar Heights

It's fine, we can work with things, just have to start off things a bit simpler, and take it from there. :)

So, the first one seems simple, but I am gonna have to ask more about the two others.

While demons are known in the MLP universe (Tartarus is a thing after all), and there's gods controlled by me at times, in this thread, I can't say I heard about angels. It sounds as if you are referencing a pony with wings though, that is rather as you say it, zen? You could just call her a pegasus then, and if she then had some magic, there are ways to explain it. Objects, accident in her early life, reaching some sort of spiritual nirvana, that unlocked her full potential (allowing her to make use of magic to some extend), etc. Neat enough with a meditative, calm one though. I have a character who runs a spiritual temple, that might vibe well with Glory. Just need to sort the finer details. :)

Then there's Pixel. Do you mean a breezie? Or an actual, really tiny unicorn? I'm not against having a race of small ponies, that either come from outside of Equestria, or just aren't well known/tends to stay with their own kind, but again, it's the finer details here, that needs to be worked out.

Nothing I can't see us sorting out rather soon, and then after that, we'll find a starting point for you, and take it from there. I think maybe best at first, to have you a little isolated from the others, so we can ease you into the process, then work on maybe integrating you around later on, once you got your bearings. :)

@Blitz Boom Yes Pixie is actually a very small unicorn, she's based on how Fairy-tales portrayed unicorns in illustration (I've always called them Pixie unicorns, they might be called dwarf unicorns or something like that, but I wouldn't remember) 

something like this I presume: download (7).jpeg

Glory has a halo above her head, there's actually a lot of angel pony OCs if you look for them on google, 

here's Glory drawn by Emerald Heart: 

20221019_140409.thumb.jpg.d90f5cff38f0f9126bed7a542ee36a8e.jpg

Edited by Stellar Heights

(edited)

@Stellar Heights

Ah, so a tiny unicorn then? Aight, doesn't seem so far fetched. It's a magical world, where dragons barf letters. Small unicorns doesn't seem that far fetched. Seems fine then.

There's the last one though... I have a... Counterpoint to her sort, so I can't say I'm against it, but you do have to remember that you'd have to make it fit too. So what is the background? Heaven and Hell aren't things in this universe, per se, more Tartarus, and Elysium. Never touched much on Elysium though, so I suppose angels could come from there, just like demons can reside in the vastness of Tartarus. Could be the section of Elysium they are from, are called *Heaven* by them. You'd have to explain how she's in the regular world though. Example:

sc0YEXf.png

This is the counterpoint, that I mentioned. Vivid Loss. Sold her soul for eternal youth, and got made a pawn. She's *free* now (at least from demons), but her basic story, still starts in her being a pony, and thus, having a connection to the world, as well as still being technically a pony. She's just getting more and more corrupted over the ages.

What is Glory's connection? Is she an ascended soul? Elysium is where the good souls goes, lore wise.

We sort her, and then we can talk about where to begin things. And if all three you mention, travel together.

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom Ahh, I never thought about what I was doing with her, I came up with her last year sometime around February when I was sketching ideas for a character, I never thought about where she'd be from, where as her piece in the story is to basically be a guardian to the other OCs, but I never thought about how she'd be an angel, maybe she'd lost her life to some accident, like she had fallen from a cloud somehow, and was falling too fast to spread her wings, if the cloud was about 7 feet from the ground, and she would've somehow been made an angel, let's say if somehow I had an OC that could wish things back to life?

She'd made a wish for Glory to return, let's say this pony was Willow Wisp, an OC that I don't have a roleplay account for, she could wish her back to life, maybe she has some connection with spirits and angels, because when you think Willow Wisp you think lost spirits, a ghost light if you will, maybe she had connection with the spirits, to bring back her lost friend, maybe as a guardian angel type character, Glory Feather could also be the key to stopping Sylvius Snider, who happens to be a demon pony, or a backwards Kirin, a Nirik if you will, she could potentially be a big part in this story. 

Whoops, long post, sorry :awwthanks:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Stellar Heights

I don't think you can just wish someone back to life. You're thinking about necromancy. :)

But I'm good at BS'ing my way through things, so... Here's my take.

==================================================

The original Glory, died from as you said, falling from a cloud. Maybe her wings were broken, or if she were not a pegasus, she were in a cloud city, and fell over the edge, and no one managed to save her in time.

Your other OC, devastated by her loss, would communicate with the spirits beyond, trying to make contact, and attempt to get her soul back, thinking that she could perhaps reunite it with her body, and somehow get her back to life. And she'd be granted her wish... In a fashion. The spirits would bring her back, but as she'd rise from her grave - spooking the ever-loving daylight out of some poor grave attendant - she'd find that she were different. She'd be alive, but feeling unlike herself. An immense calm and serenity, settling within her, along with the halo rising from her head.

The spirits would remain silent on why this were, or what it meant, but Glory would be back, seemingly alive and well.

Unable to understand what had happened, or why she were like this though, she'd take it upon herself, to find the meaning, by doing what she had read of other angels, in the old fairy tales that mentioned them. Thus, she'd settle on this being some kind of test, and would begin trying to be a guardian angel of sorts, for some in need, and hoping that eventually, she'd find her new purpose. Perhaps even ascend to a real angel, as she'd assume she were being selected to be.

========================================================

Essentially, this gives her a very basic backstory, without too many questions to answer, as she doesn't know the answers herself, whilst also laying out a path of her being a guardian angel, as you said. She's a light-touched soul in this situation, with her soul being *tainted* by the otherworldly light, yet she'd still be inhabiting her normal body.

She might also get random flashbacks now and again, of Elysium. Endless fields, and glimmering towers, that she could not fathom, nor remember properly. Just fleeting images, of something that would feel vaguely familiar, yet not something that she could remember properly. Essentially, her memories are locked away, in this scenario.

These are just my suggestions, off the top of my head. You can do with it what you want, of course, but it is an example of how you can handle things easily, without having to answer too many questions.

As for the other one you mention, I think that one should remain on the backburner for some time. Start with a few, and perhaps in the end, build up to this one. Though reference him, as someone that is hunting her, even if she does not know why. Probably to harvest her light.

And keep with him simply being a very malevolent Nirik. Someone that were exiled from his kind, for his cruel ways/experiments. It'll leave things a bit vaguer, and would give him a reason to hunt for her. He wants her light, to ascend to a demon. It probably won't work, but that'd be the plan.

Thoughts?

(edit)

Also, try not to make a big baddie of the thread, when you're new. It won't go well. Best for you to focus on your characters, in a minor, slice of life way, and then get comfy with them, before you work your way out, into other areas. :) 

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Blitz BoomI like the ideas, also Sylvius wasn't the first villain, I had another one planned to be there first, Fritz Tarkin, she'd have been defeated and and reformed to regular group, Sylvius's backstory also was planned to be redone some time ago but it wasn't finished, Sylvius also wasn't alone on this as he had a friend from his shadows, Azure Shadows. although the two never were breached upon. 

Glory however could be expanded in the way you mention, she would be better this way, I have not really focused on these characters's stories in a while. so it's nice to hear a fresh take. :mlp_pinkie:

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz BoomSo I have an idea of who Glory would be the guardian of! Pixel, who had been of smaller height than most Springfield residents, was teased and mocked scornfully because of it, nopony believed a unicorn as small as her could live up to expectations she'd had, they whispered about her and called her "The pony freakshow" behind her back, Glory, seeing this as an opportunity, decided Pixel needed a guardian angel, and she could be that someone, Pixel, at the time, living in her lonely cottage up on a hill, had heard the news of Glory's death, but didn't know about Willow's contact with the spirits,  and had the bejeezus scared out of her by Glory, the conversation between the two could go like this or something similar:

Pixel: Wha, Glory? Y-You're dead! What... Happened to you?! 

Glory: I have almost no understanding, but I think from what I've gathered, I've become an angel..

Pixel: but why, me of all ponies, have you come to?

Glory: I'm trying to understand my destiny, I think you could use... what's the word... (Taps head with hoof) That's it! A guardian! I've seen some of the mean things ponies have said about you,

Pixel: you mean "The Pony Freakshow" joke? (wipes her tears with a fetlock) 

Glory: Indeed, I think your destiny can come true, as could mine, but we both have to find ourselves, that's why I think you would need me. 

Pixel: Oh, Glory, that sounds wonderful! I sure could use it, I don't like the others who tease me, not at all!

Glory: I would think you wouldn't!

Anywho that's just my take on the guardian angel concept, you can come up for an idea of why Sienna of all ponies would join the group, but I think this is why Pixel would be one of the ponies. 

Sorry for the long comment! :awwthanks:

@Stellar Heights

Your comments are tiny, worry not. You wanna see long comments? Read some of mine in the RP itself. :) They be big.

As for your idea... Basic, straight forward. Good. :) No need to make it more complex than that, yeah? Doesn't presume anything either, nor sets things in stone. Just the simple concept of one trying to understand why they are here, and another being downtrodden, and needing one, as they go into the world. Both trying to find themselves, is a good start, without too many strings attached, as it could go anywhere. :)

If you want to go in with them like that, I'll approve it, and we can then look into how to start things. I have a few that might mingle well, but it depends on what angle you want to go at this from. One I had in mind, are one that includes two of my more... Exotic characters, but I will line that up, then show an alternativ or two, and you can see if one strikes you as better than the others.

1. They will go the the temple that I have mentioned, which is presided over, by the draconequus Fright. Despite her name, she is known to run a pocket dimension, in which the temple is, on a basis of peace, and meditation. Hence she is seen as somewhat harmless, and given some lenience, in not being hunted down. Not officially anyway. The entry points are in various locations through the forests around Deltrot, and focused into waystones, more than actual doorways. Not until they are activated anyway. They might well go there, thinking that perhaps as another creature that is around so much serenity, she may understand more what is going on with Glory. As well as being one of the most safe draconequui to run into, thus being a good way of showing Pixel how their kind can be. Some variety in creatures to interact with, should help her see that the world is bigger, and filled with more varied beings, than the bullies she's been used to, perhaps?

Whilst there, they'd run into Vivid Loss, whom I have shown earlier, who is there, to try and find some peace of her own. She might be tainted as it were, but she is not a bad pony. Just having a hard time trying to readjust, and fit into the world proper. Perhaps it would do some good for Glory to meet her, despite the polar opposition angle.

526696069_Screenshot_20201230-021849_AvatarMakerFantasyPony01.thumb.jpg.467251ea7127cfcd786f056d7fff6b64.jpg

Meet Cover Up. He's in his later teens, and travels around by his lonesome, after his village were destroyed, in search of his family. At this point in time, he have more or less given up hope, in finding them, and just tried to get through the day, as well as adjust to Equestrian culture and norms. Where he grew up, were made of settlers from Harrowmark (My version of Denmark, essentially. The place Rising Dusk is currently in), and their culture were different, so he's having to try to fit into the Equestrian ways.

He's harmless really, but he's on the nervous side, and often find himself thinking that he's doing some things wrong, or that others are starring at him, judging his actions.

The odd color on him, are all ink. His specialty, is to drain, and apply ink, which means that he can make tattoos, as well as remake, or remove them, long as it is standard, black ink. He's not able to do anything with colored ink at this point. The reason he's so inked up himself, is that he have a lot of scars, after the destruction of his village, included him getting a building falling upon him, and he's very self conscious about the scars. So he covers them up, best he can, via the tattoos.

Much like Pixel, he's a fish out of water, so to speak, who wants to connect with others, and doesn't mind travel. His culture is also one strongly connected to death, and thus, he'd be in awe of Glory's situation, and wish to help find answers to her questions. It would be something slightly relatable, that he could focus on, to feel more comfy, so he'd be glad to help.

They'd probably meet around Ponyville if it were, where I currently have him.

bWkyzUy.png

Doc. Zhinger. Or Ziggy, as she prefers to be called. Travelling medical professional. Pegasus/Zebra hybrid (Zegasus). Irredeemable hugging enthusiast.

I mean the last one. They'll likely meet as she zooms in for a random hug.

If you want a character who is the most open and accepting possible, then it's Ziggy. She meets everyone with the idea that they are good individuals, and in case of wounded ones, that they need help, and she can't get herself to refuse helping someone that's ill.

She's a lanky sort, as due to her mixed genes, she grew up with painful growth spurts, that got her to be a height, that is a little shorter than Princess Luna. She also doesn't need glasses, and just wears the frames, as they were a gift, and she enjoys the look. Also have a lot of energy she needs to burn off, so she keeps flying around, jumping, dancing- That sort of thing. Comes from her genes too. It makes it impossible for her to just hunker down somewhere, and not move around for days on end, but she's living with it, and doing fine.

If your characters are injured, or need positive reinforcement, the doctor from Las Pegasus can come around, and be anywhere really. She's around Ponyville right now, but can fly far and wide, so she could be most places really. She has a pet too, which is sort of like this image, that I found on Google Search some time back.

188347540_FahLina.jpg.3b2e66c34d6eaac9b9e5491177a68367.jpg

Looks cute, but it can unhinge it's jaws, revealing a mouth large enough to fit the top half of an adult equine's entire head, and a bit more, depends on the size of said pony. Along with several rows of small, sharp teeth. It's river-based predator, but they only eat seafood, so like crab, fish, and the like. But they tend to present themselves as just being somewhat odd squirrels, to try and trick others into giving them treats, or lure them somewhere, and then slap a branch. or something in their faces. Little tricksters, but long considered extinct. I'm making them have a resurgence here and there. This here's the first of them that I used, but I have them sporadically, here and there.

Those are my first ideas, but I have more. A conspiracy nut, a former cult member, a strongmare, an adventurer- I try to have a bit of this and that, to use where it is needed. :) So depends on where you wanna start, and in what sort of setting.

@Blitz BoomAh! Yes, I'm sure my characters could start off with an introduction with Fright, Ziggy and Cover up sound like exactly the type of ponies that Pixel would relate to, I feel like they would all gather as a group of friends or something similar! Vivid Loss on a note, getting over to her, I feel Glory could definitely have a connection with her at some point.  :)

@Blitz Boom

S-sorry. I do want to rp more and be around here. I've just lost alot of confidence lately, and I do suppose that comes with losing Sleep. I just don't know what to do...
With this Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs~ He's coming again~*

...Much anymore in the Rp. Far as I know, Kaltrop has relationship dynamic with Dawn Streak, but I don't really know how to keep up with other dynamics with other characters around.

Though really, not like being aware of setting has ever helped, or stopped us before.

I don't think @Sekelhas responded yet? Did think there was some ground to cover with their dragonpony as well, in the theme of coming to terms more with what you are in your own life, rather then searching for one's origins.

Edited by Widdershins