Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

Sorry for no posts for a bit. Will have to wait until Monday, I'm afraid. :/ Work have gotten busy here in Easter, so it's draining my head. I'll do what I can Monday, or Tuesday, if I'm called in again on the last day.

Sorry again for the delay. :( I know there's been a non-fun amount of those lately.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

@Blitz Boom

I'm sorry to say this to you, but I am  pulling out of all your rps I'm a member to. My family is having a financial issues and there is a chance we might not be able to pay for our internet. The other reason was because I am not making a good progress in your rps.

Edited by Windy Breeze

@Windy Breeze

I'm sorry to read that, but I understand your reasonings, and wish you nothing but the best in the future. As well as hope that your family get on their feet again, from what sounds like a pretty rough time. :(

as for the Rp, just will mention quickly, that my style's always been to let things move along at a leisurely pace, and see if others have ideas. I'm not one for pushing things all that often, as I'm not really a game master, or anything of the sort. I just go with the flow of things in the RP, and I understand that is not for everyone. :)

If ever things change, and you want to come back (but with a more streamlined idea of where to go), we'll be here, and I'll be more than happy to listen to ideas. If not, then as I wrote at the start, I wish you nothing but good tidings ahead. :)

Family is requesting to see me before the tourist season at work, so will be off the forums until Thursday. Should be the last interruption for a long while though. Have a good time til then. :)

• Brohoof 3

@Kujamih

Those cards are after my MTG time. I miss the game sometimes. :) Sadly have no one to play with, so they're just gathering dust.

Collected Slivers. My Sliver Queen have become a nice investment, as I bought it when it was cheap. Exploded since.

• 3 weeks later...

@Blitz Boom
I was thinking, with where the RP is going with Scarecrow, we could build some kind of open-ended but nice conclusion for him, I'll be frank, he's kinda boring to RP as, nothing you've done wrong, he's just one of those characters that fit better as a side character rather than a main character, there's only so many ways you can phrase "he didn't feel anything". 

@Catpone Cerberus

What I have planned, could fit that well. No spoilers, but it does involve him mayhap finding out something interesting. I'm not forcing anything on his character, and this shouldn't infringe, but you'll see soon.

Best to run with the time skip then, I'd say. Have them start from walking off the train with the one who offered them to show them the way I forgot her name right now), and then move on to the village. I think we can if not wrap him up, then give him a nice, open ending, where he can be used if you so like, yet regardless, have some degree of path forward, that doesn't necessarily require input. I explain it badly, but what I mean is, we can sort that out, no worries.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

Best to run with the time skip then, I'd say. Have them start from walking off the train with the one who offered them to show them the way I forgot her name right now), and then move on to the village. I think we can if not wrap him up, then give him a nice, open ending, where he can be used if you so like, yet regardless, have some degree of path forward, that doesn't necessarily require input. I explain it badly, but what I mean is, we can sort that out, no worries.

When i'll respond Sunday, i'll make a sort of a summary post, just explaining how the whole facial expression training goes, and you can then do the timeskip and such. And yeah, what I was thinking when I said open-ended was an ending that doesn't solve his situation, but is a positive one, be it in form of him finding a place/situation where he feels comfortable existing, or in a form of seeds of hope that sends him to a journey he travels alone, or something else similarly positive. Not necessarily because I'm planning to have him appear in the future, but because as can bee seen in the few backstories I have written, I just like to leave room for imagination. 

Gonna be some delays here and there, over the next few weeks, from my side, due to various work related stuff. Shouldn't be too bad, but just informing, so folks are aware. Lot of ill colleagues, at a busy time, sadly.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Skitty Skittles

Hey there. :) Glad you're interested in joining up.

Looking over the character, I don't see any sort of problem there. Short, to the point, and with plenty of room for discovery. Approved. :)

Might I ask what kind of setting, or RP partner, you may wish for? I tend to pick something I think will match well with a given character, as I mostly tend to push along their own story, and then seeing where things takes us. Candy and animals, I would have a few options already, but the obvious ones are sadly occupied currently. I can make something work though. Just wondering what you'd prefer. :D

On 2022-06-07 at 6:40 PM, Blitz Boom said:

@Skitty Skittles

Hey there. :) Glad you're interested in joining up.

Looking over the character, I don't see any sort of problem there. Short, to the point, and with plenty of room for discovery. Approved. :)

Might I ask what kind of setting, or RP partner, you may wish for? I tend to pick something I think will match well with a given character, as I mostly tend to push along their own story, and then seeing where things takes us. Candy and animals, I would have a few options already, but the obvious ones are sadly occupied currently. I can make something work though. Just wondering what you'd prefer. :D

I mostly go for for slice of life and romance for setting.

9 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Skitty Skittles

So simple sort, and potential romantic partner... Hmmm... Opposites, or similar sorts? I have a few options to work with, but need to make sure, before presenting.

Similar sorts would be good :)

5 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Skitty Skittles

Lemme get back to you on that later,. or tomorrow. And sorry for the delays. Real life, and other posts to make, y'know? Takes of my time. :)

Worry not, we'll get you sorted soon.

No problem, IRL always comes first

@Skitty Skittles

Alright, so some options, and brief explanations.

uY0iyV5.jpg

..I forgot his name right now, but think he was mid twenties. xD Anyway, travelling zebra alchemist and botanist, and his cat. Have a life goal of making a great tome of all the plants of the world, and some applications for them, and then bring the tome back to Zebrica. Easy going, friendly, and curious. And his cat isn't much different.

jr1couc.png

Honey Dew, 27. He's a long time volunteer, at the local orphanage, and otherwise tend to keep for himself, tending his garden. He's a beekeeper, and keeps some of the honey he gets, to bring to the orphanage, to give the foals there a treat, every now and again. A very down to earth, calm stallion. Picture doesn't show it, but his cutie mark is that of a bee, sitting on a flower.

cPIxACZ.png

Captain Hailstorm 31, from the Solar Guards. Determined, and driven by duty, he is still on vacation, forced upon him by the general, as he doesn't want the stallion to overwork himself. He's a somewhat cold one, hence why he tends to wear the furred armor, even outside of winter season. Can be a little too direct and laser-focused for some, but he's as loyal as they can be. Though he is somewhat jealous of the attention, that Shining Armor tends to get over him, despite their similar ranks.

RwesyXt.png

Alonsus Merrywind, 26. (Yes, the ages are randomly selected) Former strongarm in a gang, he ratted on all his old comrades, and left his old life behind him, to come to Ponyville. He's been here some years now, under his new alias, and lives a nice, quiet life, as a handyworker at a local coffee shop, called Sloppy Joe's. He's large, muscular, and well groomed. And while some tend to find him annoying, and self absorbed, he isn't really. He just went through a lot of self help books, and have gotten a little carried away. With for example how he talks of himself in third person, every now and again. It can be reigned in, with a tough hoof, and some corrections. Regardless, those few who does tolerate him, consider him a reliable friend they can always count on, and he for his part, does his best to live up to that part, and just live a nice, peaceful life. Though if need be, he could easily bring some pain.

These are the ones, I can think of, off of the top of my head. If any seem interesting, point them out, and I'll try and expand on any questions you might have.

@Blitz Boom

Hmm, I can see two opportunities here.. the Zebra one could be interesting, with Skittles' talent with communicating with and healing animals, she could easily get along with the kitty, which I'd imagine be not only impressive to the Zebra, but I can also Skittles getting along with Honey Dew as well, as she also volunteers, though at Fluttershy's

@Skitty Skittles

Well, neither of the two are in usage currently, and you can pick and chose which one to go with. :)

Small info I can grasp... Well, not a lot. I only used the zebra once, for like 2 weeks. xD Didn't get far. Same with Honey, more or less.

But... Top of my head, the zebra (I will just make up a name eventually), speaks like traditional zebras do, and do work with potions. However, he is not a mystic, like Zecora, so he can't predict your future, or see through illusions, etc. His cat is a barometer for him of sorts, as if there is someone the cat doesn't like, he will be hesitant to trust them too. He consider the cat a better judge of character, than himself.

Honey mostly make a living as a honey vendor, but it doesn't require a lot of input from him, outside of harvesting, and tending to his garden, hence why he have as much free time as he does. He'd definitely invite one friendly with animals, to visit the orphanage, to try and cheer up the foals a little. He would heavily dislike someone, who wouldn't be kind to them, as he thinks very dearly, of the remaining foals, that haven't yet been adopted.

Anyway, gonna reply to the main thread tomorrow, so if you have a pick before I finish, I'll include something of a start, and we'll take it from there. :)

3 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Skitty Skittles

Well, neither of the two are in usage currently, and you can pick and chose which one to go with. :)

Small info I can grasp... Well, not a lot. I only used the zebra once, for like 2 weeks. xD Didn't get far. Same with Honey, more or less.

But... Top of my head, the zebra (I will just make up a name eventually), speaks like traditional zebras do, and do work with potions. However, he is not a mystic, like Zecora, so he can't predict your future, or see through illusions, etc. His cat is a barometer for him of sorts, as if there is someone the cat doesn't like, he will be hesitant to trust them too. He consider the cat a better judge of character, than himself.

Honey mostly make a living as a honey vendor, but it doesn't require a lot of input from him, outside of harvesting, and tending to his garden, hence why he have as much free time as he does. He'd definitely invite one friendly with animals, to visit the orphanage, to try and cheer up the foals a little. He would heavily dislike someone, who wouldn't be kind to them, as he thinks very dearly, of the remaining foals, that haven't yet been adopted.

Anyway, gonna reply to the main thread tomorrow, so if you have a pick before I finish, I'll include something of a start, and we'll take it from there. :)

Alrighty, well, given the info given to me, I think she'd get along best with Honey