Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Azure Acrylic @Blitz Boom

Thunder nods and chuckles a little "Shrunk Applejack to the size of a Breezie, made Pinkie Pie have a swollen tongue so she couldn't speak without spitting, made Rainbow keep crashing, gave Twilight a floppy horn, gave Rarity a really bad maneday, and of course gave Flutters a baritone voice" he'd chuckle a little somewhat "But yes, the only other thing I know is the only place they've been found is near the entrance to the Everfree Forest" he'd say, sipping on his drink and looks to his bandaged wing "I just hope that the instructors don't take it out too hard on me"

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE & ATZY

"I didn't know," Karmic squeaked in fear, trying to make herself as small as possible underneath Atzy's glowering stare. 

"Just ... just be thankful you're alive," Atzy eventually sighed. Her gaze softened and she sat on her rump. She looked to her right and faced Enzo. "I doubt our fights will be this ... dramatic again, Enzo. We didn't mean to get you all mopey."

"I'm sorry, Enzo. I had to get that off my chest," Karmic said quietly, also looking at the sphinx. She didn't want there to be bad blood between the three of them and for now, she felt good to have Atzy around. "Atzy, for what it's worth, I am glad you stuck around instead of staying with those gem creatures."

@Blitz Boom

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"I guess I didn't pay much attention to your attire, Cherish. You're so transparent already," Twilight admitted. She smiled at the ghost pony and nodded a couple of times. "Not to worry. I'm sure whatever these ghost powers are that you have will not have to be used where we're going."

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

Aurora had no idea what to say to the explanation. Her eyes were wide with an expression of disgust. Something she was unused to feeling. She did manage to rearrange her face into a fearsome scowl and directed her glare to the ground. "How!? How could one Queen do all that bad work!?" She didn't think this Chrysalis was all bad when she first heard about her but after hearing even some of the crimes she committed, it made even Aurora the pacifist's blood boil. "If she was here I would-" she stopped herself and took in a couple of deep breaths. She rested her head against the ground, and attempted to calm herself down. "Just ... ARG! THIS IS SO INFURIATING TO HEAR!"

On 1/24/2020 at 3:46 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"The offer will always stand, were you ever to change your mind. You merely need to send words to one of those whom I informed you of, and I'm certain that things will work out.

And thank you for the treat. It is most kind of you, Velvet."

Briar rose his hoof to his chest, and gave a galant bow to the stallion. His vine held the ice cream whilst he were doing this, which certainly made some nearby creatures gawk and move ahead, ready to tell a tale to others, but there appeared to not be anything other than gossip in mind currently. Never hurt to take notice of those around you in cases like this though, just in case something went bad, even if you wished to believe the best in others, and thought it unlikely that something bad were to happen.

"Yes, uhm... T-Thank you..."

Brittle didn't have it in her to bow, or being as generally galant as Briar were, but she still tried to be as polite as possible. Which due to her nervous state, and the feeling of eyes starting to follow her every movement - something she more or less constantly felt in any town - didn't get much farther than a direct look at Velvet, along with a small, fleeting smile along the few words.

Someday, she hoped she'd be able to be as brave as Briar were, instead of shaking like a leaf in the wind by the smallest sign of resentment towards her presence from others. Perhaps then she could say a proper thanks for what were a well tasting treat.

"If I may though? You could potentially still write with them, and hear some exploits of their travels via letters to get an idea of what might happen, were you to ever wander with them. I know that Lulu Leila, and Flaxy especially, would enjoy having a pen pal of sorts that they could share some interesting tales with."

"Perhaps I should. It would be nice to have another friend, at the very least. When I'm ready, I'll see about heading out on an adventure. For the meantime, a friend sounds pretty swell."

Velvet smiled at the pair, brushing his mane aside a little. It seemed he'd have a fair bit of learning to do, and perhaps finding someone to help manage the shop for him while he was out on his trips once he was mentally and physically prepared for an adventure. He gave a little bow towards them, with a friendly wink toward Brittle to be polite.

"You're welcome for the ice cream. Next time you come by, we hang out again. I'll try not to melt down next time, too."

He'd heard her, barely, but it was enough to know she was appreciative. He'd press a little, but he didn't want to scare her. He figured even this was testing the limits of her courage and he dared not cause her to retreat with his misguided good will.

@Blitz Boom
"Figuratively, yes, literally, no."  Ruby simply responded, she did enjoy hurting the pride of other creatures , but she wasn't big on smiling when she didn't have to "Tell, does this griffon also happen to be the type that likes the attention from all females, or is he like my companion here and only cares for his own kind?" this would affect on how she would approach him specifically, but it was also just she continuing the conversation, as having a conversation with different breed of one's species was more entertaining that looking at griffon in front of a mirror.  

--------------------------------------------------------------

"I hope that too, though it may be that I have already met such individuals." Nada responded with careful hope  "The pony who found me for example, sure she's a pony, and sure she may be bit...out there, but she shares the distrust towards ponies I have, in fact, I think she trusts them even less." she shrugged "But well, in worst case scenario I can always keep singing to myself until someone finds me again in next thousand years." she said it as a joke, but it was clear there was some truth behind the statement, and there was, since that's exactly what she would end up doing.

@Blitz Boom

Everything seemed fine and Sen would back off to let Lin have a go with the demonstration. This was good to know, being able to get out of a headlock and ready to make a move after. The two would still need to get a hang of the grip though as the technique, the pressure being placed on the head and chin are important in a successful lockdown of whoever they were trying to pin. 

“Alright, but you do know you could demonstrate with Sen and step on his feet,” Lin cheekily suggested, with Sen shooting her a grumbled look. She chuckled at the thought and made it no secret she was having a bit of fun. 

Readying herself, the longma halfling took some deep breaths and keeled down. Lowering herself and allowing the demonstration to proceed. If she were in a real situation like this, she’d have to muster up the strength to pull her assailant over one shoulder. Simple, right? Well… not quite. She did as she was told and tried forcing Rosa over her right shoulder. While the first part was successful, Lin barely managed to get the job done. Rosa was down on the ground, softening the crash by a folded blanket, and Lin landed on top of the thestral without the somersault. She got him on the ground but it left her too winded to force Rosa to stay down.

“I guess I don’t have the body strength to do it quite right. Or am I doing something wrong?”

Perhaps it was down to technique and positioning. If the point of keeling down was to give herself ample room to move and use the height difference as leverage, it might take less effort on Lin’s part to pull off the maneuver. Certainly worth another go if that is the case though she’d give herself and Rosa a minute or two of reprieve before trying it again.

@Blitz Boom

Officer Stargazer likely didn't get to his position without a good deal more common sense than your average pony on the street. Any guard and upholder of the law would know when a pony brought in for questioning was hiding something and Blither's dancing around the "Details" would likely sit with the stallion. In spite of the smaller blue stallion's habit of being specific with wording on everything else he kept referring to his siblings by more comparative terms. Rather than any numbers or ages he would keep describing them as "younger than", "smaller than the last sibling" or in other "about" vague terms.

The trouble with a rehearsed story was it often sounded like one more than the truth did. Going about being honest and telling others they all happened to be the exact same age, physically, and at hundred year increments... well, ponies might live a long while, but there was a point in telling the truth where the torches in pitchforks came out. And they had eaten their fill of pitchforks already.

Stargazer would walk away with a report filled with "Abouts" and measured in "heads" rather than inches and years. If he couldn't smell a story of magical interference, then he hadn't been in Ponyville for long.

When he was finally excused, he went out to Mayor Mare still with breath in him despite the long-winded, clearly dodging the facts, story he had been going over with the officer.

"Well... Madam Magistrate? If you have heard the tales of Tavern Brawls? Things nicked, accusations tossed... some ponies thrown through closed doors, broken furniture. It's... like that. But on a more townwide scale. If... heh, any houses get torn from their foundations, I'll do my best to help reattach them..." Blither sweated apologetically.

"As I told Officer Stargazer, Shortstack's probably already in a fight by now.... Flit will take the first opportunity he gets to steal something and get somepony to chase him. I'm-... We're Hungry sort. Comes from having to live on our own, I guess.

Heh... speaking of which, hope Alonsus comes back with those snacks; I'll have to think of when I last ate!"

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Despite being twice the size of the older mare, Sunny Flush followed dutifully behind her in short little steps with her face gazing around her through the open air like a boat plowing through the sea of the street. She prefered the longer strides but she was used to keeping a much slower pace to keep up with her much smaller brothers, especially since only one of them really flew all that much. "What you mean? You the older, Oldie mare, right? I still got LOOOAAADS AH GROWIN' ta do!

Like, an older horsie got, like.... they been around for more so they know how they stand? I couldn't step on you, because your Older and that means you're Bigger! That's why all my Big Brothers be bigger even if they not bigger! ...besides, how could a hug hurt, right?!" The larger mare bubbled.

Size was not something that clicked well in Sunny Flush's head. Maybe it was the internal self-refusal to admit her beloved brothers could have anything less than her even if she tended to put them in their place alot more than was fair. To her, the reason they got kicked out of towns so often was because her brothers had to be the "Meanies" again and pick fights like they always did. And Meanies got cured by Hugs and that was that. Life was lead by simple means for Sunny, any deeper thinking made her start wondering why they didn't have parents or friends or why the world saw them as a mega-predator when all she ever wanted was a friend to hug... those were corners of her mind she prefered to be kept lit with bright thoughts instead.

At Scarcity's question, she giggled again and started up a little cheer she had thought up once. "One's a Red! One's an Orange! One's a Yellow! One's Green! One's a Blue! One's a... uh, Indigo or something! Yaay! We're a Raaainbooow! Heehee!  ...Blither says that's just a co-inci-dence though!"

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

@Sekel

"STAHP CALLIN' MEH SHORT!"

Short was a hot word for him. Short meant you lacked something others had and pointing that out had to stop. Besides, bringing that up made you sound like Flit and that was a punishable crime in itself.

To punctuate his demand, Shortstack stomps his front hooves in to the street and crumples the paving stones. Shaking his head through the rubble and shedding cobblestone fragments in an arch around him, slowly marching forward he sprays stones like this towards Dazzle. This wasn't aimed at anyone, but this destruction did give him something to do.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

From where he still lay, unmoved, Kaltrop groans in a voice not bothering to keep low and undirected at the mare that had left. 

"...Nnnh... how do you sleep on all this... softness. I can't... needs to be more like my stone cavefloor."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

@Catpone Cerberus

Whaat? Nooo... They're harmless, I assure you! You'd have to cast some spell on them to make them hostile! They're not supposed to eat! Who would see a little orb of flutteryness and offer it food?! Like anything that small and round would even be able to eat food! I went out of my way to design them to be easy to pop in the mouth! They're little living candies! They couldn't be any problem!

What say we go and find some then? They're delicious!

@Sekel

"What brings me low have not only to do with you, though it helps some to see that you do not waste more of what little time you short lived races have in this world, to bicker and fight. It's a pointless exercise when your entire existence is such a fleeting matter in the grand tapestry of time."

How long did an equine live? 80 or so at best? Barely any time to make a mark on the world, and yet it didn't stop them from frivolously spending that time doing things that at times just looked meaningless and wasteful to him. Perhaps it had something to do with how his own kind spent more time being educated, than ponies did going from birth to grave, though his current mood were the greatest culprit. Soon as this shadow had faded, he'd probably be able to think rationally about time spent being a matter of perspective, and that ponies did as well as they could, with the condensed time that they had. It would hardly be possible for their society to have risen to the point it were now, were they not after all.

But this would take time to shimmer through. For the time being, Enzo visibly forced himself to get back on his paws, and though he looked about ready to just go into a cave and try to sleep this grim outlook away, he'd stand ready to get on with things, and bring them back to Canterlot. Perhaps there were a storage unit or something he could crawl into and mope around, or the flight might do him some good. They'd see, yet it were at least good that Atzy and Karmic did no longer verbally and physically fight over their previous predicament. Had to eventually help when worry, irritation, and sadness over seeing these two going at it like that, weren't present anymore. One could only hope that it'd last, and they'd try to remain on calm terms to some degree.

"I suppose we should be on our way then. Come then."

He'd hold a paw towards them, bottom part up, so that at the very least Karmic could get a lift up to his back again. Atzy might join that, or she might fly. Depended on her really.

==================================================================

@Sekel

"It's kinda just what you do, Twilight. Telekinesis I think the word is?"

She weren't much on magic study as she weren't a unicorn, but Cherish had seen enough with how they did their things throughout the year, to get that her own abilities were mostly the same as their kinds regular telekinesis, what with moving things around using your noggin. There were a few other aspects to it though, yet these she couldn't say for sure if she'd be able to make use off entirely.

"Well, I can also obscure the view of things or creatures, and... Not entirely sure if I can, but I've seen other ghosts possess others before. I haven't tried it on anything but the plant creature we found in the forest, and I don't know if that worked. I didn't control it or anything, just sorta... Look through its mind. So I guess I can kind of mind read?"

"We might need that, in case we're spotted by a manetid scout and we capture it. Advanced knowledge of what they're up to could be vital, depending on what we find."

She weren't allowed to end them like she'd prefer, but the princess had said nothing about extracting information with something like this. Until she were told otherwise, Last would consider this a loophole.

"When we're going, where do we start our journey, your highness? Before the mountain and take the path through, or the grave site?"

=========================================================================

@Sekel

"Believe me, Aurora. There are many who would do quite a lot of things if they managed to get their hooves on her. Her insatiable lust for power made our lives miserable, destroyed several hives, with some having to see their queens broken and themselves faced with the choice between being decimated, or assimilated. Onache were one of the few queens that were allowed to live, as she were useful for what Chrysalis wanted to do, even if she were kept under heavy scrutiny.

Then there's the constant hunger, large portion who were made mindless by either not having enough love fed to their eggs, or who starved too much and broke, and that's not even touching upon how incredibly damaging her ruling have been to our reputation. We may have never been the most well loved creatures in Equestria, seeing as we preyed on ponies, yet there we could at least be explained as reclusive creatures who just came in, harvested what we needed, and mostly left anypony behind to feel miserable for a few days before they'd get back o their hooves. Chrysalis' rule have more or less cemented us as invasive kidnappers and worse. Something usually only a few specific hives took part in."

A narrowed glance were sent towards Happy as he said this, who responded with a shake of his shoulders, along with a nodding motion that essentially signalled *Yeah, fair enough*. Onache's hive weren't a well liked one  as they were that sort of hive, and it were one of several things they had to try and move past now. They'd see how it would end, but at least so far, it were pretty alright. Thorax hadn't tried to nuke them, and the ponies apparently left them alone in the desert after the first meeting. All in all, not too shabby of a start.

"As I said, her crown is a heavy one to carry, and as a royal nymph of hers, you're going to feel that burden lay upon you as well. Yet my hope is that as time goes on, we can all prove that we are not like her anymore, and that we wish harmony with the other races. I'd like for you to work with us to that endeavor, when you're ready of course. I'll be more than happy to help in what way  that I can, though my adviser is going to need to be here to really get anywhere. He understands a whole lot more of these politics and how to change perception than I do.

But again, this is all in due time. I think with everything that's happened, perhaps you need to ease up and focus on what you plan to do right now, Aurora. There's enough time to deal with your responsibilities and politics later on."

He'd like to talk about her potentially consider reforming too, but it weren't the time just yet. Another time, when she were more comfortable with herself, and things were calmer, perhaps he could convince her of this. It truly were the best thing one of their kind could do, that much he were sure of, but he refused to try and force it upon others. Something which the other hives sadly didn't understand right now. *sigh* Perhaps in due time.

========================================================================

@Widdershins

Stargazer weren't dense. Be it his time as a petty criminal, or after the guard had saved him, he had gotten quite a a bit ahead by being observant and make a read on others, and even though Ponyville were causing him to readjust some settings due to how odd the locals and tourists were at times, it didn't take a lot to understand that this pony were hiding something. Something important he dreaded, yet it weren't his job to judge the pony. It were his job to uphold the law, and currently, the law (meaning Mayor Mare) had asked him to go and find these ponies, so that were what he were going to do. There'd be enough time to question them later.

The terms he had to work with were sadly rather vague, but there were some other factors he could go by beyond what he had been told, including going for those whom he had not seen before. Whilst he had met quite a few in the three days he had lived in Ponyville, there'd still be some locals who he might scrutiny as being outsiders as well, yet that were a margin of error he had to work with, whilst working with what he had gotten. He'd probably have to face the varied ones and just ask if they knew this strange stallion at his office as his main approach, rather than spread the word as he had hoped to be able to do, but alas, such were the job at times. And as he had learned so far in the short, hectic time he had in Ponyville so far, nothing were just simple and easy in this place.

"It's Mayor Mare, and I hope for all your sakes that my town does not suffer that sort of attack from your visit, or Officer Stargazer's cell are going to end up quite cramped."

The mature mare's tone and stance had gotten more official as she had been described what sounded less like a family, and more like a warring band or barbarians out to pillage and burn. Much as Ponyville welcomed outsiders (mostly) this sort of visit were not welcome, and especially not this close after a large attack that had already crushed a lot of houses. The forepony were just clearing homes to be used for the families who had been waiting in the tent camps now, and didn't need to hear of their homes getting crushed more.

"Let's hope it doesn't go that far, mayor."

Stare went over and looked at the mayor, hoping that her sudden worries wouldn't end up coming to fruition. Ponyville had been through enough these days, even if sadly, history taught any local that the town were bound to be hit with more issues. It seemed like their lot in life at this point, even if it were usually with more time between events than this. Never a guarantee in Ponyville though.

Seeing as it were going to take a bit of time for Alonsus to come back, and Blither kept talking about food, Stare would withdraw a granola bar that she had been keeping in her pocket in case her blood sugar lowered, and offered it towards him. It wasn't much, but it seemed like it'd do him better than her right now.

"Alonsus can be a little special, but he's reliable. He'll be back as soon as he can, but if you need something now, perhaps this can help a little?"

====================================================================================

@Widdershins

"A hug can actively hurt, depending on how the one you try to hug are. Such as if they got broken or brittle bones, in which case a hug might well hurt them, as unfortunate as that is."

Scarcity suddenly bit notice in something that had changed as they passed one of the nearby houses: Sunny were a good deal shorter than she had first appeared. Certainly still of a larger than normal size, but less of a giant, and more akin to Princess Celestia. Hmm... A peculiar change, but considering the draconequui activity she had heard of in the area, with Discord himself even living here, there were bound to eventually be some sort of anomalous effects lingering around. An illusion of sorts that made others perceive Sunny as larger than normal were something which could well fit that, though it were a shame. Scarcity had truly hoped that this mare were of the gargantuan ones, so that she might learn more of that particular area, and draw some opportunities from Sunny herself.

Oh well, one had to adapt to the facts as they arrived, and Sunny may still be useful, depending on what strength she had to work with, among other things. They'd surely find something of note to focus on with the mare, given enough time.

On a more positive note though, she finally had a name to work with now, when it came to search for Sunny's family. Blither. A special name for sure, and not one she knew off the top of her head. Perhaps if she could learn something more on him, beyond just a simple random color out of several, that would be something to work with. More than the comments on big being a relative term depending on if you looked at it as size or age.

"Could you perhaps tell me more of Blither, darling? He sounds like one whom you look at for guidance, so your older brother I assume. Can you speak in more details about how he looks perhaps? It might help us quite a bit in finding him, or at least somepny who have seen him pass through another part of town."

====================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Far as I've been told, he's married already, and not interested in others, but he have a great big ego. Fan that and you can probably get him to do all sorts of things."

It would require a bit of sucking up to someone to make him workable, but any con artist worth their salt would know how to deal with those sorts of beings, and how easy it were to get to them once you had them going. It were especially easy with married ones, as they'd be too prideful and embarrassed to admit to them having been taken advantage of in a way that'd make their spouse figure out, such as say, file a complaint at the police station. Some still did, sure, but it were a significantly smaller portion of folks than those who were unmarried, or had less pride.

All in all, she should have an easy time scamming this one, long as she played him right, and if she could deal with casino guests well, this one should be just as easy to play as a fiddle.

Snuzzle's ears perked as she heard a sound from the other room, that sounded like a microphone being tested. Satisfactory one might say too, as judging by the low mumbling, whoever were testing it were singing a few tunes of some sort of song just to make sure it were stable, and didn't blast through to this room.

"Sound system's in place then. Guess all that's needed now are the guests."

The workers in this room were emptying out slowly too, with the floors and tables having more or less been dealt with, leaving just a few sweepers and perfectionists working on making the tables further presentable.

@Catpone Cerberus

"I admire your mental stability, to be able to deal with loneliness that well, but I doubt that it would be wise to hide for another thousand years. The prejudices would still be the same, just perhaps more ingrained."

It might be that other sirens would take up the mantle instead, but were there any guarantee of this? And even if there were, Nada showing up out of nowhere seemed unwise in a future age, where things might be a lot less calm than they were now.

"There's also the fact that this princess of theirs, Twilight Sparkle, seems to be doing what she can to make connections and mend old issues between the races these days. It's... Admirable, if a little gullible at times, and not something I can guarantee will last for another thousand years. It might well be for the best to try and ride this wave and seek some kind of benefit from that, as other races seemingly also have, or are starting to."

@EQ_Theta

Rosa looked up at Lin from his position on the floor, now two times in a row being beaten down by the longma siblings, though at least this time, the impact had not been as great, so he weren't feeling any worse than could be expected. Partially since Lin's approach had not been to keep hold of him as she did her spin, and more judo threw hi over her shoulder, which didn't leave her weight impact afterwards.

"I think it might come down to technique more than upper body strength, though we'd have to test to find that out. Perhaps now would be a good time for me to become the test subject, and show you how I would escape from this, using this same technique that I described?"

If Lin would allow it, he'd place himself in front of her, and wait for her to grab hold of him and try to put him in a headlock. He'd then give her a few seconds with some weak struggling, to try and make this seem believable, before he lowered down, keeled over, and somersaulted Lin right over his shoulder in a nice, fluid circle whilst she still kept hold of him, and ended up on top of her, as she were slammed down unto the blanket. She'd likely let go of him then, though if not, he'd be rather impressed. It also meant he'd have to go for alternatives to get loose, yet it would still be fairly impressive. Most let go if it came to this.

In case she wouldn't allow for that, he'd have to think of some other approach instead. Perhaps he could draw a minor representation on how to do this in the dirt? Should be possible enough yes, and it could explain the basics if he also talked whilst dolling this down.

With that in mind, he'd go ahead and do that, whilst explaining what he wanted her to do, thought his were again only if Lin wouldn't take part in running another presentation, wherein she were the one doing the headlock. It were preferable to teach through actually experiencing it in his mind, at least when it came to things like this. That stance did not transfer over into other things, such as poison studies.

================================================================================

@Azure Acrylic @AzureMoon

"The instructors aren't there to break you or anything, just to try and make you stronger, more prepared, and working as a unit. If they do something punishing, it's mostly because you messed up something, and that's just regular stuff.

Well... Okay, Sergeant Kelp is sort of there to break you. She's our underwater combat instructor, and there's a lot of new recruits who underestimates her when they first meet her. She takes a good deal of enjoyment out of showing them who's boss, and just utterly wipe the floor with a few of them, until the rest figures it out. I'm sure that long as you try and be open-minded, she isn't gonna single you out."

The mermaid were a special case really, but she were a nice being. She just didn't like overconfidence, nor the concept of others feeling high and mighty, which made them underestimate their opponent. To her, that sort of thing were dangerous, and had to be dealt with. Plus she kinda enjoyed striking back against those who fought that mermaids were weak and unable to do anything in battles. The grin on her face got way too genuine doing that to not make it obvious that she loved that part of her job.

Though she were slow with it, Shell also drank from her tea, she just did so slowly to enjoy it more, and usually when the others talked, so she had a bit of free time for it.

===============================================================================

@EcstaticWind

"Sounds like a splendid plan, though I must warn you that I know not how long it may be before we return here again. It have been a trying experience for Brittle, and I think she needs some time in a more calm environment for a while after this. Fear not though, I give you my word that we will eventually return."

Briar would bow at his companion once more, though his stance would change and return more to normal as he heard heavy hooves approaching, in a manner that sounded somewhat aggressive in nature.

"Oy, what's one of those Things doing here? The standards of this place have sunk low enough to let that filth infest it?"

The burly stallion that were headed their way looked like a construction worker, and a rather angry one at that, as his glance fell on Brittle with a look going over it that indicated he wanted to stomp her out like a regular bug. Something which of course, made Brittle near mortified and caused her to cover behind Briar whilst shaking like a leaf in the wind.

"I ask that you please be on your way sir. Your opinion on my friend is not welcome."

"Friend? With something like that? It's just gonna abduct and kill ya, like their kind constantly does. Just get outta my way and I'll deal with this li-Urgh!"

The stallion suddenly find a rather sturdy vine had emerged from under the cape of Briar, which had wrapped around his torso and dragged him in like he were little more than a stick on the ground. All the way up to his face so that the stallion had no way of looking away from the close-eyed evergrown.

"Let me rephrase that then, as you clear do not understand a kind suggestion: Begone little pony -"

Briar went into a big, jack'o lantern smile of sharp teeth, which seemed to suddenly make the stallion a whole lot more nervous and downright scared all of a sudden.

"- If you please."

With that, he let go, and just stood there with his vine sliding back in place, whilst the rude one took of in quite the hurry.

"I believe that is our cue to be on our way Even if I can easily make a solid case towards any guard he might draw into this, it is a tedious process to go through, and Brittle have need for peace as soon as I can provide it now. My sincerest apologies for simply leaving you so suddenly , Mr. Velvet, though until next we meet, I wish you the best."

They'd be on their way after that, with brittle unable to say or do much of anything else than standing very close to Briar and go between shaking and looking around horrified, as if she expected to be attacked at any moment from just about anypony now. Which sadly, were indeed what she were thinking.

*sigh* Sometimes all it took were one fool to ruin everything...

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE & ATZY

Karmic hesitated but once she saw Atzy fly up onto Enzo's back with a grating sound of her wings, she hopped up onto Enzo's paw. Once she was safely on Enzo's back, she held on along with Atzy.

"My wings grate. Are they meant to do that?" Atzy questioned out loud, looking over her shoulder at the wings resting along her back. She didn't like the feeling of it. She didn't like the sound of it. It reminded her of boulders crashing together.

"I don't know. Those gem creatures looked off to me," Karmic admitted. She automatically ducked but followed the trail of a light blue magical aura. Atzy had grabbed a small piece of diamond from the piece tied to Enzo's paw and had floated it over. She bit into it and carefully munched the diamond. "You ... you eat diamonds. Gems. Is that how you're going to get sustenance from now on?"

@Blitz Boom

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"Which one would be the most safe, Last? The path through or directly into the grave site?" Twilight asked in return. She filed away what Cherish said in her mind for later and calmly regarded her personal guard. She knew Last had a lot more knowledge about where they were going and had decided to let her take charge while she and Cherish basically tagged along for the ride. "I'm going with your lead on this little adventure to see if Marepunzel is real or not."

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"I'm no doubt going to learn about Chrysalis as I go along in life," Aurora sighed heavily. She gave a small nod and smiled up at Happy and then looked directly at Thorax. "I have no idea why, but I'm getting the feeling that the more we talk about how Chrysalis was such a bad Queen, than the more time we lose in getting Queen Onache an answer from you, King Thorax. I know she didn't set a time limit, but, I don't think it should take this long to get an answer and be back? Or maybe I'm just thinking of time moving faster than it actually is."

@Widdershins

DAZZLE GLEAM

"No. Because you never gave me a name," Dazzle said easily, stepping around the spray of stones. She trotted around his radius, keeping a fair distance from him to be sure she wasn't hit. "What is your name, shorty? Is it Short? Shortstack? Red? Little Engine That Could? Give me something! I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours!"

@Widdershins

DAWN STREAK

"It's soft and comfortable, Kaltrops. Now get up you lazy dragon," Dawn said. She abandoned whatever she was doing in the kitchen and made her way over to where Kaltrops was still sleeping. She then prodded him with her hoof incessantly. "I don't know if dragons care about beauty sleep or not but since you're staying here, I can't have you lazing about all the time mister."

@Blitz Boom

“Let’s do it. It’ll also get me accustomed to the proper grip though I suppose I should keep it loose. Show me how it is done.”

Lin prepared herself, once again breathing in and out, getting herself in to the proper mindset. Now that she knows what to expect, it’ll be easier for her to go with the flow and roll along with what comes her way. Rosa’s technique would be fluid and fast, leaving her with little to no room to react. This is going to be a learning experience that harkens back to her younger days. 

With one leg going around the thestral’s neck and reaching for her other foreleg, she simulated the headlock while not quite applying ample amount of pressure to choke the air out of Rosa’s lungs. It should be enough of a start to get the demonstration going. 

“Whoa!” Followed by the slam and the ache, all in a flash. One fluid motion from start to finish, all happening so fast it was already over before she knew what happened. Lin was expecting to try and wriggle herself from being tossed over Rosa’s shoulder but she found herself holding on while the thestral has her pinned to the ground. Even Sen was astounded by how quick it all went by.

“It’s over already? Just like that? That was impressive. So it was lowering myself and keeling over… that must be the key to pulling this off.”

@Blitz Boom

"Culture shock can be quite the thing.  I had a similar experience when visiting your home land and sitting at that banquet," he admitted after finishing off his fried potato horseshoes.  Lily may have been distracted by her surrounds in the park, but the events unfolding in the bauble had caught Rising's eyes.  Never a dull moment in Harrowmark was there?  Every member in the traveling party was more than prepared for combat with the group of under shambling toward them.  Considering such things were probably normal in their land with the dead not staying so.  What Rising was most intrigued by were Thistle's actions.  Even if his constant munching didn't display the most surprise on his face.  The visual display was impressive, especially the ethereal white moth wings.  Physical displays paled in comparison to what the detective could see.  Even through the haze of the scry, the speculate of primordial light magic weaving about the specter ponies whose power over the undead creatures was tremendous.  Tapestries like this didn't behave in the same ways as normal magic.  It has beautiful, blinding to a sense others could hardly imagine.  Both soothing and terrifying.  Souls of the dead slithering around Caramel into the hidden artifact behind her attire.  Wisp was even helping out with her pyromancy.  Not something one would expect after meeting her face to face.

The group moved on as if nothing happened, but Rising saw the change.  Changes that no longer matched his memory recall were always the first things he noticed.  Probably what always gave him points when he commented on subtle changes to a mare's mane.  The lack of glasses and change in size when compared to the reference that was the diamond dog he remember from the party.  Not something he'd expect from a specter.  More of her was light goddess now than when he left her earlier that evening.  The changes in Harrowmark were happening rapidly.

Rising's attention had to shift though when the events in Harrowmark calmed down and other things in Equestria were happening.  Hopefully Lily's distraction was enough to miss the events and keep her calm at least a bit longer.  A twinge pulled at the edge of his senses, causing the detective to lazily cast his gaze back to the road.  A slick black carriage with gold trim had pulled up along the curb hear the bench the two had taken dinner break on.  Pulled by a large muscular white stallion dressed in a fine tailored black suit and sunglasses that kept his eyes hidden.  The driver paid no attention to the pair or raised a noise to call attention to himself.  In fact, his entire arrival was completely silent.  If the enchantment that had made it so hadn't caught his attention, it could have been waiting there a while before the two noticed it.  Balling up the paper tray he floated it into a nearby trash can and then floated the to-go tray into his enchanted saddle bag.  "Our ride is here," the detective informed his companion before sliding off the bench.  Approaching the carriage, the door swung open on its own, revealing a plush blood red velvet interior for the most lavish of VIP travel.  Awaiting the witch of the wild to join him for the next leg of their trip.

Edited by Rising Dusk

@Widdershins
"I don't see why you are trying to defend them, I don't remember saying I have a problem with them." Cerberus pointed out before stretching a little bit, causing a chain reaction of all the cats around them stretching one by one "Let's go." 
------------------------------------------------------------------

@Blitz Boom
"Oh, and I was worried he could be a challenge." Ruby stated, it was actually more challenging to get someone with females swarming around them, as with them there was lot of competition for attention than with those who were 'loyal' to someone. She didn't pay much attention to the sound test, it not really being something she cared about, but she did take notice of the workers leaving.

------------------------------------------------------
"Like I said, it would be the worst case scenario." Nada pointed out "That scenario being such that everything goes wrong and I'm forced to hide again." "And really, thousand years is a long time for creatures like ponies, their luck will run out eventually too." "My point is, even though I'll of course try to make things better now, ultimately I have nothing else than time to lose if it doesn't succeed, as I can outlive those who decide they don't want peace." 

@Sekel

"Perhaps you need to shave them, like I must preen my feathers."

Enzo did not sound all that thrilled or enthused about things yet. It would take him a bit longer before the calm flight managed to clear the clouds from his mind, though still, he could give his input on how things might be working with Atzy. Even if it were little more than guesswork.

"It is the best guess I might have, beyond you simply needing to get used to the sound. These gemlings whom you are now part of, are new creations upon this world, so most of what you will need to know is likely something you cannot find answers for, but must discover on your own.

I imagine that one day, your own gemlings will look to you for the same answers, and it will be up to you to have them.

*sigh* Or I am wrong, and there are others who knows what it is like. I know so little of what is out there, that your guess may be better than mine."

Perhaps he should just focus on the flight for now, and let them speak of their worries between themselves. When he had no answers to give them, what good were he anyway, beyond just transporting them to where they had to go?

At least the flight were pleasant. One of many things he had missed in the temple when he were enslaved there, were the feeling of wind under his feathers, and just the ability to fly in general. Being in the air again were kind of comforting the times when he could do it now, even in the situations were things seemed down or serious.

============================================================================

@Sekel

"The trail. Stopping at the graveyard, we would end in the middle of a potential warzone. If we take the trail, we might need to clear some of it, but it would give us an overview once we get past the peak point. In case the temple is overrun, we can be prepared."

It were going to be slower, but the the smart solution were rarely to go go straight into things and don't think of the consequences. As she had seen during most of her life, those who were too reckless and didn't know when to hold back and when to strike, didn't tend to last long on the battlefield, and this situation were much the same as those times.

The shrine were left behind by them, which meant there were no longer a guarantee of a safe haven, and it might well be invaded by monsters. Going too close there, could mean they got into a trap they wouldn't have the time to escape from, whereas getting an overview first would let them get a better understanding of what they were going into in advance. Considering she had a princess to protect, Last certainly knew which one she'd prefer.

@Sekel

Thorax nodded to what Aurora brought up. A fair assessment really, as Onache might well have expected results to some degree not too long after these two had set their sight on his hive. She had been a rather impatient one in his experience, so it'd fit her well to be like that. Reformed or not, some things never changed.

"I suppose you're right. It might be time for you to return and tell her that I'll accept meeting on neutral ground, though be advised that I will bring some guards. She's stronger than me and she well knows it, so I'm sure she'll understand why I'd want to be cautious."

"I'm sure it'll be fine. I'll pass along to her about the suggested spot we'd meet up, and-"

Happy were interrupted as the ground below them started to shake, now more noticeable than before, even if it wasn't the sort of thing that made you think of a large tremor about to start. A small one maybe, but not something that'd require an evacuation.

"... I'll send an enthralled pigeon or something with a response. Seriously, what's going on here?"

"I don't know. It's never rumbled this much in all the time I've been here. Perhaps it's best that I send some words out for the others on a lower floor to look into this. In the meantime, I'll escort you out."

Stopping briefly with his eyes closed, Thorax send some telepathic words out to some of the changelings in his hive to look into this, and let him know when they figured out what were going on, as well as asking a few guards to go to the nursery, just in case they'd need to evacuate the nymphs and eggs in a hurry.

Afterwards, he'd open the door and start to lead his guests out the same way they came in. There'd stil be around half the guards from before, escorting their king, and eyes still followed them from above and inside the rooms in the walls, but they weren't approached or talked to for now.

@EQ_Theta

So Lin had maintained her grip then? Most impressive, though it wouldn't him down. It merely worked as another option to teach something here, though he should probably speak more than actually do this one, as this were bound to hurt Lin if he went through with it.

"I'm impressed that you can still keep a tight grip in me, even after that. And since it sounds as if you have understood the base principle of the technique as well during this, you have not lost your focus and are actively learning from your own assault. I know some veteran spies who could not claim to do the same.

Now then, hold on, and pay attention both of you, as I will explain what to do in a situation like this, were the one doing the headlock is still holding on tightly.

If you find yourself in a situation like this, hope isn't out for you, but you'd need to act swiftly, before the one pinning you down gets their bearings, and realise there is a certain disadvantage to having their body pressed against the ground. Mainly that you can do this:"

He'd rise his back legs, bend them, and then stomp down in a slow motion to avoid actually doing something too drastic. Considering his hooves made contact to Lin's legs, she'd probably understand, and appreciate that he hadn't gone through with it.

"I know it may seem drastic, but when you are being held in a headlock, it is unlikely that the one doing it have your best interests at heart, and as such, you need to think of yourself first.

This method is crude and might end up in broken legs, but applied correctly, it should only cause immediate pain and some bruising and swelling later on, whilst leaving you free. Do not try and do it whilst standing up though, or you risk sweeping their legs away under them, and causing them to fall on top of you instead."

This weren't beginner tier moved he were showing them, as they were going to need practise and time to get things done properly, and have it applied to easy muscle memory to avoid doing something too violently, but he could at least show them how to start, if nothing else. Besides, it would be worse if he started off showing them how to use his tools, such as the wire or knives. The outcome of using those incorrectly were pretty severe, and he did not wish to have them burdened with an accident coming from inexperience.

"So, how does it feel to have a little window into the sort of training I went through in school, between the regular courses like math and history? Is it as riveting as you imagined?"

He were joking of course, but what else were he going to do? He were pinned to the floor, even if he were on top of Lun, her still having her grip in him meant that she still technically held some degree of control here, unless he were willing to hurt her. Something which Rosa most certainly were not.

@Rising Dusk

Thankfully, Lily hadn't bitten notice in what were gojng on in Harrrowmark until it were too late. When she looked down, all she could see were thw party moving on down the road, seemingly without anything of note haven happened.

She did however, see that Thistle had changed some, even from a distance. Subtle as it were, Lily were one who took notice of the small things more often than not. A valuable trait when working for Twisted, as he did not take kindly to missed opportunities, or details that might be important. Gods be willing, she'd never have to deal with that again.

"Hmph, it seems as if her connection to Viz'nay is growing stronger. I suppose it were only a matter of time, now that her herald is free to spread the word again."

it were more of a hypothesis than a fact, but Lily had at times wondered if the peasant-like representation the priestess had shown off, were less of how she were actually represented back in her time, or if it wasn't connected to how much her goddess' power were at. Weakened and clonging on just to keep Suusha contained, Thistle had reverted to a more powerless version, perhaps more representative of how she had once looked in life. But with Viz'nay's power growing, it started to seem that perhaps it were influencing Thistle too, and empowering her towards something else. What she weren't sure, but something told her that it wouldn't be too long before they found out, considering how little time it had taken so far.

"I can imagine that the culture shock you felt at the banquet I assume were held in your honor, is going to pale before that your officials will feel once they go there and are faced with what she will become. It might just be a wardrobe change. Might not. Both cases, seeing a ghost in a prominent position is not something I take this country would know how to deal with at first. Your dead likely stay silent in their graves, most of the time."

Just as in Harrowmark you risked the dead actually not rising, so too must Equestria have some that couldn't or wouldn't move on. It seemed logical at least, even if it would probably be a pretty small amount, and rarely the result of magic, as much as just unfinished business. Souls were very fickle things at times.

As she wre looking around ar the area after thag, whilst finishing her meal, she couldn't help but bite notice in the fancy carriage that had shown up not far from them. Seemed like a thing fit for a royal creature, with that pompous, exaggerated butler/bodyguard type strapped in front of it, and she quite honestly just waited for the door to swing open to reveal someone just oozing of wealth and ego. Urgh, the thought alone...

Imagine her surprise when Rising then rose up, threw the garbage from his dinner in a trash can, and started to walk towards it after saying that it were time for them to get to their ride. Something which apparently were not one holding behind this, but rather the careiage in question, as the door opened to him and made way for the luxurious interior to be presented, and seemingly await both of them.

Even the queen of Harrowmark herself had not these kinds of extravagant travel arrangements (far as she knew) and yet here were an officer of the law, able to call on that sort of thing? What strange world did Equestria exist in, where that sort of thing were possible?

After a small delay, Lily would rise up, throw the remaining hayfries and the fifth of a burger she had left in the trash, and moved towards the officer. Her appetite were sated enough for now, and this didn't seem like the sort of carriage you ate in, so she might as well discard the leftovers.

"It's... Extravagant. Why is this not in service to some kind of royalty, instead of used by commoners? Have they even more opulent transports?"

@Catpone Cerberus

"See? That's the spirit. You're getting some coin, I get paid extra by the family to point you that way, and he gets a lesson he won't soon forget. No one loses. Except for him, but who cares, right?"

The mark wasn't important, unless it were someone who deserved some sort of pity, like a father who had just hit some rough times and figured his day were finally turning around. Some egotistical money flaunderer though? Nah, let him have a taste of karma. Served him right.

Marley would return shortly after this, looking like he had prepared himself for a ball of sorts, and deposited a few feathers in a nearby trash can, that he had been preening off to make himself appear as ready as could be.

"Someone's hoping to score, heh."

"I would certainly not mind it, but we shall see what will happen. I am as prepared now as my limited time have allowed me to.

Mind me asking if things have gone well here?"

"Yessire. Given her the details, and she's all giddy at the thought of blanking off someone who deserves it. Hehe, a bit of a rough start, but we're getting all chummy now."

Marley smiled amused at the notion, knowing full well that Ruby could quite literally eat this dragon, and not feel a thing about it. An observation clearly lost on the bar owner.

"It is good to hear that you're making friends, Ruby. As you equines keep telling me, life is a wonderful thing with the magic of friendship."

The dragoness snorted a little, laughing at that sentence. Equines and their silly little sayings were just adorable at times.

"Yeah, truly is magical. Gotta go check if the front's ready though  so I have to leave you behind a bit, but don't you worry, I'll be back, chum and glum."

With that, Snuzzle would head for the back and through a door in the side, leaving her access to whatever were going on up there. Probably for the best too, before Ruby did something she wouldn't regret, such as testing if a wind dragon were more flammable than her bar.

@Catpone Cerberus

"A reasonable outlook, though I have seen how ponies have evolved on their own to become the dominant species in countries such as Equestria. I wouldn't be so sure that their luck would run out that easily, though I could be wrong. I'm dragon enough to admit that my theory on this is mostly a guess."

"Nature changes, and with it, so does the natural order. I could imagine that one day, a race would come along and take them away from their leading position, as it is with many a predator who suddenly finds something evolved to hunt them down, and make them their prey. Though these changes may yet be millennia away. Evolution is a slow process, and when it happens, I hope that the equines will have done so too. Those I have met are kind creatures, whom I wish nothing bad towards."

Lyriel understood that Nada had good reason for her grievances with the ponies. Yet she herself, had not had the same experience, and wished to believe in the best of others, so she hoped that the thousand years of Nada's absence had resulted in a better breed of ponies to arise than those in her day. The poor thing had suffered enough at the hooves of those in the past, without having to fear those of this new age as well. Earth Mother be willing, her days of hiding from prying eyes would soon be over.

Whilst all of this talking went on, Lotus had jumped down from Nerzhei and wandered over to a bush to pick some blueberries that she munched down on.  There were plenty enough to share in this, or any of the other nearby bushes carrying these fruits, if anyone else felt peckish, so they could just have a go at it if that were their want. If not, Lotus would soon be back and jumping up her dragon again, now with a distinct blue hue around her mouth, and a satisfied look over her fuzzy little face. At least someone here were enjoying themselves.

@AzureMoon @Blitz Boom

Azure nods her head as she sips on her tea.

*sip* “Yep, giraffes sure are real. You probably haven’t seen a giraffe before in your life, hence why you call them silly. They aren’t really horses in a way, but they are sentient. Some can talk, and a few are quite friendly, as I’ve heard from some.

Zebras, I’ve only known one, which is Zecora, living in the Everfree Forest, and I can’t rhyme as good as them. My mind can’t think up rhyming words as fast as them, I’m kinda impressed. And their potions, I don’t know what they do, but I’m not taking chances.”

Azure then looked at Thunder’s broken wing in surprise.

”Thunder, why you haven’t told me about this? Why is your wing broken? How did you break it? Dear Celestia, I wouldn’t wanna break my small delicate wings. That would be my worst nightmare.”

She shudders at the thought of her wings being broken.

Edited by Azure Acrylic

On 1/25/2020 at 7:03 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"I've gone through a lifetime of prejudice, and dealt with actual, literal demons. Whatever it is that you fear to present, I assure you that it will pale in comparison to the things that I have seen. Though I won't force you to show what you're hiding. One should be allowed to keep some things to themselves, if they don't want to share it.

And for the record, a little fire does not harm me. This world have grown quite cold for me after the years, and if I can enjoy and survive entering one of the dragons volcano baths, then I doubt that a little fire will do much else than let me feel cozy. Unless it is magical in nature, and tainted with harmony or light. Certain schools of magic have gotten dangerous to experience for someone like me."

"What I most assuredly mean to say," Clever spoke up, "is that is that the emotional state of a kirin can prove to be literally combustible - when one of my particular species becomes exceedingly angered, our very physical appearance shifts; we become what has been dubbed 'nirik', wherein our forms alight in literal flames of personal rage.  This not only gives way to a change in appearance, but also tends to result in a significant shift in emotional stability.  Under the infuluence of such a phenomenon, nirik can become most anti-social, as their attitudes become nearly as flammable as their bodies do.  Fortunately, this is something that tends to be unstable, as a nirik will inevitably shift back into a kirin when whatever fuels their anger is effectively spent, and they revert to their more managable formation."

"I am getting an impression that such a thing would prove to be only a momentary irritation to such as yourself... yet I assure you, there are many other individuals who have expressed not only ire, but also fear at witnessing the particulars of a kirin's shifting.  I am not loathe to speak of it due to any kind of hesitation on your own behalf, truly - I am quite convinced by this point that I would not even be considered as any sort of dilemma to you; as you undoubtedly possess many magical abilities that would render one such as myself unable to withstand, should you choose to intervene in such a case."

Clever's eyes shifted to the left for a moment.  "I hesitate to speak of such things because I am not one who is pleased by such outbursts from myself.  I find the entire other half of my personality to be... problematic... and I endeavor to do my utmost best to preserve myself as you currently witness, in my natural state as a kirin.  I hold little curiousity for that particular side of my own existence."

On 1/25/2020 at 7:03 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"I made it myself, a long time ago. Not a difficult creation either, all things considered. It's just a complex illusion spell, feeding off embedded memories. I made it to remember my life as it once were, at a time when I found myself feeling like everything I once were, were slipping away through my hooves. I suppose, it were my anchor point to ensure I didn't forget who I used to be, even if it turned out, I still couldn't forget. Much as I sometimes wished I could.

Magic in this time have gotten complex, from what I have seen and heard. Things like this must be trivial for creatures of your generation to make, if not seemingly outdated and surpassed by something else you can now make."

"Perhaps such a device is easily generated in the modern age, yet this is the first time I have ever witnessed such a thing.  I have little doubt as to your claim, yet the magics still fascinate me.  The fact that this particular creation was made personally by yourself leads my own thoughts to the possibility that, even if there are more practical and efficient ways to create this, the one that you possess is incredibly special, as it was not only created in an era where such things were yet to become established, but that the time and effort you placed into its' creation would far surpass any mass-manufactured trinket."

He pondered for a moment, then looked back at her.  "If it would not be such a bother it inquire about, might I endeavor to request more details about the creation of such a device?  Though I may not actually be able to manipulate such magics, it would most assuredly be useful to learn how to perform such a magical feat, as there may be others that I would converse with further down the line whom might benefit from such a thing.  The favors such a creation could do for those of advanced age alone would be sincerely appreciated, I am certain.  Are you possibly able to share with me the secrets of how to create one?"

He looked earnest, and was asking for the possibility of sharing it; he didn't see any profit to be made, as much as he saw that it could help others.

@Blitz Boom

“I can understand the risk in doing that. Wouldn’t want another weight crashing down when there should’ve been a chance to go free.”

Lin observed Rosa’s legs, the motion and the effect it would have, then ran that again in her mind but faster and more forceful. That looked like it hurt, even if it was just a thought. The broken legs or the body’s weight all coming down at once, either one wasn’t a pretty sight and the longma was thankful it didn’t come to that even if they trusted Rosa with going easy on them. Nonetheless, the siblings were happy they got a chance to learn something new and something that will come in handy whenever they’d find themselves in a situation like this.

“It’s definitely something unique, that is for sure,” Lin commented as she let go of the thestral and helped him to his feet. “A lot different from the things I learned back home.”

“Heh, mostly it’s more about never giving opponents a chance to fight in the first place. Ensnare them, take away their means to fight, scare them away from battling… that sort of thing. Though I guess I never completed my training so the most I got was basic defense, tactics, and building equipment. Thank you for teaching us.”

A shame Sen didn’t get to finish. As much as he developed a disdain for the very group that swears to protect the longma villages in their forest home, he wished he could’ve learned more. The hunters were intimidating and crafty when they needed to be, hiding guile and deft claws behind an unassuming and brutish visage. They are good in holding a defense when necessary but they were the last line when every one of their tricks were rendered useless. 

In a way, being able to fight out of a headlock seemed like a metaphorical lesson as well: hunters always looked toward their opponent and had an answer for it but it seemed to be the opposite if the enemy is behind them. Now there is a method to complement it. 

@Blitz Boom
Ruby gave Marley a death-glare as a response to his equine comment, and when the wind-dragoness was gone, she muttered under her breath something about breaking bones. "Don't get too annoying with your words or I'll burn those fancy feathers of your, I'm sure that would hinder your goal of attracting females." she didn't sound hostile, but she wasn't friendly either, she was....being herself. 

-----------------------------------------------
"I don't wish bad towards them either, as even if they decide to not accept me, it is only them believing what they have been told by those who lived before them." Nada stated, feeling that she should mention that "But if they refuse to listen, I will not miss them either if I live to see their downfall." Bit harsh yes, but could anyone really blame her?

Nada followed Lotus with her eyes, it didn't matter she had the temper of a dragon, she was still a bunny being cute, and Nada liked that. 

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE & ATZY

"This is the first the three of us have heard of gemlings. It was a scare, yes. It is fascinating to think about," Atzy said, and took another bite of the gem held in her magic. She eyed Karmic watching her and resumed speaking to Enzo. It was strange for her to watch Karmic from any angle she wanted other than just what Karmic herself saw. Now that they are both relatively calm, it has taken a bit to get settled in her mind that, yes, she was her own pony now and not just a puddle of changeling goo. "And not to mention, everything is new to me. Feeling the wind, feeling my mane flutter, hearing my wings grind against each other, trying not to think about gems all the time, basically everything that a pony is, I've yet to experience. I may have experienced them at one point in my memories but from what I actually remember? I don't have any point of reference other than what I've experienced through Karmic."

"I don't like how you took charge with the separation but I am thankful for it, regardless," Karmic said finally. "My mind is my own now. Meaning whatever visions I have, I can keep to myself. Beyond that, it will be odd to try to convince the guards that you aren't dangerous, Atzy. Gemlings are an exceptionally new species after all even if they've been hanging around in those mines all this time. Whatever you do or say will reflect on the gemlings as a whole."

"No pressure, right?" Atzy smirked at Karmic and waved her hoof in a dismissive gesture. "We are going to be totally fine, aren't we Enzo?"

@Blitz Boom

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"You're going to have to give me co-ordinates or directions. Because if it's as far as it looks, we may end up taking a train to the closest station and hoofing it," Twilight admitted  She glanced at the stick attached to Cherish and hummed to herself, inspecting the object closely. She found there to be various runes carved into the stick itself with a very fine detail. Whoever made it knew what they were doing. "Did you know there are rune markings all over this, Cherish?"

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"Is this hive made near a dormant volcano?" Aurora asked in confusion as she followed along. "Otherwise you've got a different problem. As far as I know, underground earthquakes usually precede some kind of magma flow."

@Sekel

"...Maybe. I suppose long as you do not harm others, they may be lenient, and your forms seems stable. Things could be okay."

A little gloomy still, but he were starting to feel better, as the spires of Canterlot got nearer. Perhaps once they arrived, he'd be at his full senses, and able to help speak Atzy's case. She'd likely need some sort of character witness to strenghten the argument for not going after her, and right now, Karmic and Enzo were all she got. Hopefully it would be enough.

@Sekel

Last would both point at the map and give precise coordinates to the start of the mountain path, on the other side of the valley exit her and the other Shrine Maidens had used. That way, they could follow it from the start, get up top of the path to get a look over the canyon and valley, and then if it loked fine, wander down towards the shrine.

As for Cherish, she just looked on up until she were addressed by Twilight, and then curiously looked at the broken off part of the old castle.

"No, I just picked this out of the rubble. Do you think they mean something?"

Would be surprising, seeing as it were just from some statue, but who knew? Perhaps her presence linked to it had carved these in somehow, or it had a hidden purpose long ago, when the statue it were part of were still standing around the old castle.

@Sekel

"I have never experienced this before. We don't live near any volcano, and the wyrms haven't been in this area for decades, so it shouldn't be them digging through the area. It's a peculiar myst-"

He didn't get through the sentence before another rumble happened, and the rock in front of them split open to reveal a pillar of diamond bursting up through them, likely accounting for the rumbling they heard before.

Said diamond then also split open, revealing a gemling drone with a spiky, diamond mane, and a left eye of solid diamond, which still seemed to be functional as the elongated gemling with the sharp legs focused on the tallest one among them, thinking this to be the leader of this hive. Currently, that being Aurora.

"You must be the leader. My queen would like to meet a regular changeling hive of the new age, and yours seem large. It must be an important one."

Seemed like Dia'thiz were not wasting time, sending out scouts to make contact.

@Catpone Cerberus

Marley knew well that he would get a solid rage eye for the equine comment, but it still seemed well worth it to him. She were not shy of hitting him with her own little stabs either, so it were only fair, and she would undoubtedly say something relatively soon again to poke at him. Such were it to be around Ruby, and really, it were not so bad, once you got used to it. In fact, she already hit a rather solid backlash, soon as it were only him that could hear her again.

"You know that I only jest, Ruby. I would never think you to be a believer in such a controversial topic as whatever or not friendship is a valuable factor, though if it helps, I do apologize if I went too far with that one. I wouldn't want to invoke your ire too badly, lest you make true of your threat."

==========================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Sounds reasonable."

Nerzhei bent down and picked up a couple of berries to chew on as Lotus returned. She did not eat much of this sort of thing, but some variety in her diet were not bad to take into consideration, and she might as well take advantage of this, long as they were still in season. Winter would eventually come, and then things like this would be a distant memory for a while.

"Pray tell though, if things do end up well, and the past is put behind all of you, have you found any sort of residency? I've been told that something can be made available in town, provided you take care of building your settlement upon the offered piece of land yourself, and I'm plenty capable to conjure up a stone structure or some bricks if need be. Might be you'd need some help with that, yes?"

==============================================================

@EQ_Theta

23 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“Heh, mostly it’s more about never giving opponents a chance to fight in the first place. Ensnare them, take away their means to fight, scare them away from battling… that sort of thing. Though I guess I never completed my training so the most I got was basic defense, tactics, and building equipment. Thank you for teaching us.”

"The first approach as a spy is rarely to engage in open combat. Soon as one is discovered laying about unconscious, questions starts to get asked and things get put in high alert. It makes it harder to be stealthy most of the time, unless you're trying to use the distraction for a quick grab and run, or perhaps take the place of another guard and uses the attack as a way to infiltrate the ones trying to protect their quarry.

Yet accidents and a need for quick action does happen, and in that case, it's best to be prepared.

I have a certain affinity for traps myself too. Might I ask, what sort are the longma mostly using? I prefer trip wire and various knockout gasses personally."

They could use a bit of a break before he went on to the other techniques he could show them too anyway, so Rosa had no issue with them talking about things like traps and how the longma dealt with things for a while. Tomorrow were still some ways off anyway.

======================================================================

@Randimaxis

On 2/2/2020 at 8:29 PM, Randimaxis said:

"I hesitate to speak of such things because I am not one who is pleased by such outbursts from myself.  I find the entire other half of my personality to be... problematic... and I endeavor to do my utmost best to preserve myself as you currently witness, in my natural state as a kirin.  I hold little curiousity for that particular side of my own existence."

"I understand. We all have sides to ourselves that we are not proud off- Some more than others, and I for one am not one to judge you for yours being more dangerous than most's to show to others. It would make me a hypocrite, seeing how much I try to distance myself from the darkness that lies within myself as well."

Perhaps this were why she got along so well with this one. Not only that he were understanding, respectful, and didn't try to flaunt some moral superiority over her, but also that he had similar issues as her. His were a side that became nasty and possibly would set others on fire if it were let out, and in her case, it were the desperate attempt to try and cling on to acting and living like a pony, whilst being fully aware that she were around half demon at this point. A half that even if she were getting more and more corrupt with every need to reassemble herself, she refused to act the part of. Demon mare or not, she wouldn't sink to their level, just as Clever would not give in to the darkness within him.

On 2/2/2020 at 8:29 PM, Randimaxis said:

"If it would not be such a bother it inquire about, might I endeavor to request more details about the creation of such a device?  Though I may not actually be able to manipulate such magics, it would most assuredly be useful to learn how to perform such a magical feat, as there may be others that I would converse with further down the line whom might benefit from such a thing.  The favors such a creation could do for those of advanced age alone would be sincerely appreciated, I am certain.  Are you possibly able to share with me the secrets of how to create one?"

"I can show you, but I will need a vessel to focus the magic into, and you to keep an open mind. Quite literally, as the memories will need to be replicated from your head, and when it is done to another, rather than on yourself, it can become... Problematic, if the one with the memories tries to resist."

She'd explain the details rather than show, unless he wanted her to show, which in either case included some runework, telepathy, and a bit of blood. The last of which representing a school of magic often looked down upon, but Vivid had found it useful even in good ways quite a lot of times, and for spells like this, it could the longevity of said spell with your own life. So long as she lived, the spell would, and when she perished it'd go up in flames too. She did have an extra caveat on it, in case she actually did die and started to work on getting back again, but that were unimportant details.

=============================================================================

@Azure Acrylic @AzureMoon

"Vauw. I really gotta go on a vacation someday and go see them. It sounds like they're mighty impressive."

Y'know, if the breezie wasn't pulled her leg on this too, but worst case scenario, she'd still be on vacation with plenty of things to see. Didn't seem all that bad to her.

"I think Thunder said he got into an accident? Looks like it might've been a bit serious, but at least the wing's just broken. Could've been way worse, and I've heard about pegasi without wings. Poor things just sound so depressed in all the stories."

=============================================================================

@Pastel-chan @Widdershins

"Hiss"

"Eeeek!"

An orange colt with a small yellow mohawk stumbled backwards in the cafeteria, away from the bat pony filly with the spread out wings, standing in front of a smaller, shy filly that seemed to huddle behind her, up until the colt had gotten completely out of the room, and Jelly folded her wings back in, whilst shutting her muzzle and easing up her combat stance.

"Hehe, that's one less meanie after you. Just come get me if he tries something again, okay?"

She wasn't actually going to attack the bully for going after this one, but standing like she had, with her wings spread and hissing, made others thing she might be dangerous. It was a really easy scare tactic for meanies that didn't actually hurt anypony, and it helped small ones like this filly, whom he had being going after.

"T-Thank you."

"Hehe, just like daddy says: Always help if you can."

The filly scurried along to her other friends, whilst Jelly grabbed her lunch tray and went over to a corner table were nopony sat. it wasn't that she didn't want to mingle, but the others were chock full, so she couldn't even try to get over and chat with anypony. Not that a whole lot wanted to normally. Bat ponies weren't a normal sight for other fillies as they tended to be in their own night schools, and yet here were Jelly, dressed in her best vest and attending during the daytime. She were an outsider, and those sorts didn't tend to have a lot of others who wanted to be around them.

On 1/31/2020 at 8:18 PM, Blitz Boom said:

"Sounds like a splendid plan, though I must warn you that I know not how long it may be before we return here again. It have been a trying experience for Brittle, and I think she needs some time in a more calm environment for a while after this. Fear not though, I give you my word that we will eventually return."

Briar would bow at his companion once more, though his stance would change and return more to normal as he heard heavy hooves approaching, in a manner that sounded somewhat aggressive in nature.

"Oy, what's one of those Things doing here? The standards of this place have sunk low enough to let that filth infest it?"

The burly stallion that were headed their way looked like a construction worker, and a rather angry one at that, as his glance fell on Brittle with a look going over it that indicated he wanted to stomp her out like a regular bug. Something which of course, made Brittle near mortified and caused her to cover behind Briar whilst shaking like a leaf in the wind.

"I ask that you please be on your way sir. Your opinion on my friend is not welcome."

"Friend? With something like that? It's just gonna abduct and kill ya, like their kind constantly does. Just get outta my way and I'll deal with this li-Urgh!"

The stallion suddenly find a rather sturdy vine had emerged from under the cape of Briar, which had wrapped around his torso and dragged him in like he were little more than a stick on the ground. All the way up to his face so that the stallion had no way of looking away from the close-eyed evergrown.

"Let me rephrase that then, as you clear do not understand a kind suggestion: Begone little pony -"

Briar went into a big, jack'o lantern smile of sharp teeth, which seemed to suddenly make the stallion a whole lot more nervous and downright scared all of a sudden.

"- If you please."

With that, he let go, and just stood there with his vine sliding back in place, whilst the rude one took of in quite the hurry.

"I believe that is our cue to be on our way Even if I can easily make a solid case towards any guard he might draw into this, it is a tedious process to go through, and Brittle have need for peace as soon as I can provide it now. My sincerest apologies for simply leaving you so suddenly , Mr. Velvet, though until next we meet, I wish you the best."

They'd be on their way after that, with brittle unable to say or do much of anything else than standing very close to Briar and go between shaking and looking around horrified, as if she expected to be attacked at any moment from just about anypony now. Which sadly, were indeed what she were thinking.

*sigh* Sometimes all it took were one fool to ruin everything...

Velvet was about to step in on Brittle's behalf when Briar reacted. While it saddened him that such action took place, he could see why Briar resorted to it. Not that he felt any better for at least trying to understand. He gave Brittle a sad look, as if to silently apologize for the rude stallion's actions, even though he knew it was too late to salvage anything with her at this time. At least he could hope Briar would see he tried to reach out and remind her that not all ponies seek to hurt her, hoping that when she calmed, such a thought might help bring some positivity to her.

"Yes, I think a swift exit is for the best. Take care, Briar. And you as well, Brittle. Best of luck to you both. And don't forget to write to me, if only to say you're safe. I don't want to forget my new friends."

Of course, he was sad to see them go so soon, but it couldn't be helped. Letters, he hoped, would be an acceptable compromise. Assuming Brittle could write, if not her, then perhaps a friend Briar trusted.

@Azure Acrylic @Blitz Boom

Thunder chuckles "I've heard of giraffes, Fluttershy had read about them" he would say and then would chuckle a little "Yeah, my wing's broken. Entirely my own fault too. I was practising some of my stunt flying when I got distracted by a pretty mare and crashed right into a cliff face" he would say, rubbing the back of his neck with his hoof, "So yeah, I do kind of get distracted easily by pretty mares."

@Blitz Boom
Ruby wasn't fully sure if Marley was being sarcastic or not, but in both cases there was something she could have complained about,, she sometimes even annoyed herself with how easily she was able to find something wrong with things. She assumed he wasn't being serious though "You know me well then." she looked towards the door that Snuzzle had used "Do you think wind dragons taste different than the other types?" she wasn't actually planning to eat Snuzzle, too much alcohol in the dragoness's blood due to that drink she was drinking, but she would have lied if she would have said she didn't want to know, not that she expected Marley to know.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not entirely sure yet, I was promised a house but it will be seen if I will really get it." Nada replied "Thank you, I'll keep your offer in mind." she was thinking of using her old performance place as her new home if things ended up somewhere in middle, as in, if she wasn't accepted to live with ponies but wasn't chased away either, so Nerzhei's abilities could be of use if it came to that.

She was surprised every time someone offered to help her, to think that in few days she had gained more support than she had thought she would gain maybe in a year or two at quickest...it seemed she had really overestimated the trouble she would have.

@Blitz Boom @Widdershins

Unbeknownst to Jelly, a pale-pink filly with a bright pink mane and tail observed the encounter with the bully from the sidelines. Her wide eyes beamed wide at the every-day hero encounter. Even if other ponies were intimidated by the encounter, she certainly wasn't. With fascination and wonder equal in her eyes, she trotted with an extra spring in her step to get her lunch.

Despite her bright demeanor, the other fillies and colts seemed to keep their distance from her. Whispers such as "Look, it's the transfer student." and "Heard she's from the city. She probably looks down on us." floated around as she quietly got her lunch with a smile. Today was sloppy joe day, luckily for her. The whispers would have been kinda annoying yesterday, but today, she saw something interesting.

Carrying her tray on her back, she looked around the room. Everypony seemed to have some group or small friend group to be with. Not her, though.

That's when she noticed a table occupied only by the bat pony from before. Looks like she was alone too... Smiling wide, the filly happily walked up to the table without reservation.

"Hi! Are you by yourself? Can I sit with you?"

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

“Leg snares are a common implement. Leave a bit of rope covered in foliage and wait until the target steps in it, then yank on the rope to leave them hanging over the side of a tree. Unfortunately, that one requires a bit of planning as it needs to be manually triggered. There’s also the pit trap and the hollow chimes. The latter is more for the benefit of detecting intruders for ambushes as the chimes are located somewhere else.”

That was when Sen really got out of his funk, having seemingly forgotten about the anxiety growing from what is to come and brining back his enthusiasm. Rosa’s demonstration was a start and for all of his concerns and thoughts on his fellow hunters, he still enjoyed the training he went through. Every lesson still seemed fresh as if it was just yesterday he had his lectures on traps and how they worked.

“Then there are the more… devilish methods; there’s one that stands out. The Maw, a wooden trap that grips the intruder’s leg and wouldn’t let go unless it was thoroughly disassembled. That one is tricky to build and only very few have managed to get it work properly but when it does, it leaves nasty injuries. Splinters will be the least of your worries if you got yourself snagged in one.”

“You mentioned gases though," Lin chimed in with Sen just as curious. "What goes into those? How do you trap gas and use them?”

Edited by EQ_Theta
Corrected an incomplete sentence

(edited)

@Catpone Cerberus

The party would start soon after, with quite the attendance number in the other room, judging by the muffled cheers through the wall. It would take a few minutes after that before some would start to trickle in here, ranging from parents looking for a break from their kids, to chatty adults wanting a drink, and a few that stood out as likely being convinced to go in here. Including the mark that Ruby had been told of, who wandered on his own to a corner table, with no one following him. Not one that were very popular.

Another one to enter the scene though, were from the back that they had entered through as well. Another dragoness, yet one whom stood out more than Snuzzle.

This one had traits of an air dragon. She were lean, tall, and with rather impressive wings to boot, much like Snuzzle, though this one were about a head taller and her scales were aquamarine and white, mingling in to give an elegant look, as if she were some sort of exotic bird.

Yet at the same time, she also had webbed skins between her fingers, closed gills on the side of her bare neck, and the end of her tail had fins both above and below it, telling that she were well suited for an aquatic environment. As she blinked and a second, see through membrane slithered in from the side, that simply solidified it further.

Some eyes were on the newcomer as she swayed fluently inside, despite carrying two bags down her sides not unlike saddlebags, but seemingly made out of some sort of darkened scales, rather than cloth or faux leather.

Among those looking on, were Snuzzle, who had just come back in and couldn't help herself as she saw another of her own kind.

"Heeey, there's a sight for sore eyes. Come on over my scaled friend, there's room enough to work with. Can I pour you a cup?"

Snuzzle grinned widely at the dragoness, raising up the bottle of *relaxant* that she had been chugging now and again herself. Surely this one wouldn't mind having a drink with her, eh? Even if they were opposing elements, this here were neutral ground. And just lookit that, she were coming over alright. This were gonna be great.

The barkeep poured a cup of the silvery liquid and pushed it towards the newcomer, yet the one in question didn't even give it a slight glance. She just went right past, got up close so that Snuzzle couldn't avoid seeing her, and in a low tone - as to avoid others snooping in on their conversation - would say: "I can smell what's in this from across the room, and neither I -"

She'd then push the drink back towards the barkeep with the tip of her webbed claw, whilst not breaking eye contact for as much as a blink.

"- nor you, need this. We're better than that."

With that - and a brief look of worry towards the unfazed wind dragon - the newcomer would turn around and scout out the room to see what were to be dealt with tonight. Whilst she had love for her own kind, and worried when she saw them do things like this, these lesser races were but prey, and she needed to seek out the one lacking behind, easy to snatch away.

Not to feast on them of course. She were a dragon of the Dragon Isle's after all, and their laws strictly forbade eating ponies. No, her target were more towards valuables, though raw coin were rarely her tender of choice. No, she preferred personal items, so that she might feel she took something important, that they should feel ashamed to lose. What was a few bits to one of these? Nothing. But a ring, lost because they thought of straying from the path, or gamble a symbol of some significance away? Now, that held a value beyond mere bits, and she reveled in knowing her collection had a touch of personality to it.

Hmmm... There were this one pony who looked sort of interesting. And not because she had seemingly wandered with a griffon when she entered, though he had wandered off to talk with some ladies shortly after. No, it were more that necklace of hers. Looked a little plain, if still nice and shiny, but something about it just struck her as being something this pony would consider precious. A nice little piece for her collection perhaps.

==================================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Then let us hope they will keep their word."

Nerzhei hoped for the best for Nada, but fact remained that much as she had seen some mostly positive things in the area so far, she weren't knowledgeable enough about neither ponies, nor Equestria at large, to say for sure how things might go, and how trustworthy they were. Their local princess seemed well liked and open-minded though, and it might well be that her official endorsement of the siren were what would tip the scales in Nada's favor, even if she would likely be avoided some at first. Change took time to accept, and considering the history she had understood so far, it seemed like they would at first perhaps be scared of her, and prefer to see from a safe distance if something happened for a time. They'd see she supposed, as Nerzhei for one were not going to leave the area anytime soon. She had work to do, and Twilight were going to help her further her studies of her tome. Perhaps even replicate it, if the princess were as skilled with magic as she had heard. Having a backup copy of this tome might well prove crucial.

Her thoughts were interrupted as she heard a caw, and looked up to see a bright red bird fly down from a nearby tree, and head straight for Nada, where the little thing would land on her head if possible and chirp joyfully.

"Agni says that is it good to see you again, Nada."

The young phoenix pecked the siren a little on the top of her head playfully, had he been allowed to land and not shooed off for some reason, which would have made him rather confused, seeing how well things had gone the last time. Long as you ignored Fah'lina, whom he thankfully did not see here this time. Things might have gotten a bit awkward if he had.

================================================================================

@Pastel-chan @Widdershins

Jelly looked up from the food she had been about to sink her fangs into, as she heard the filly speak, and looked at the first in this school to seemingly want to hang out with her. This honestly surprised her, since even if she helped out, the first impression she got were sort of that it would be a week or two perhaps before anypony would want to speak with her, considering that after her dad got her there and left, the other students had started to whisper to themselves about her. Things like what one of her sort were doing there, or what sorta weird one she even were, since not every foal knew what a bat pony even were. To them, she were just a strange one, though even those who knew and didn't get bothered by it, would have a few words about how she came from Canterlot. Apparently, the foals around here weren't too high on those who came from bigger towns. Pretty weird honestly, but that was their decision to make, just as it were hers to show them that she were not thinking herself risen above them or something.

That's why she figured the whispers she heard just before - bat ponies had rather strong ears after all - were just more that were directed at her, since it fit. She were transferred here, and she came from a pretty big city. The capitol in fact.

They weren't looking at her when they said this she thought, as she didn't try and pay too much attention towards them beyond just listening in. She had more interesting things to look at than those saying sorta mean things. Like their lunch, or as it were now, a filly who seemingly wanted to have a seat with her. This were a great start of her school period in Ponyville.

"Uhuh, plenty of room here."

She'd smile at the filly, showing up a nice, happy smile, with the slight edge that came from her natural fangs adding a bit of darkness to the picture if you really wanted to see it, though no malice or want to use them against the new-comer were obvious to spot. Mainly because there were none, as Jelly didn't want to hurt others, and chewing on ponies sounded nasty.

"I'm Jelly Drop. My daddy and I just moved to Ponyville from Canterlot. Who're you?"

And since it seemed like this one wanted to hang out with her at least for a bit, Jelly went on to introducing herself first, just like a polite filly should do, according to her parents. Hopefully this brightly colored one would stick around and talk. She could use some new friends here, and Gary wasn't allowed in unless it were a day where they all got to show their pets to one another, so she were pretty much alone right now. So nice how quickly that had changed, hehe.

=================================================================================

@AzureMoon @Azure Acrylic

"Perhaps you need blinkers? I've seen a couple of first year recruits use them a few years back. The previous general wanted to teach them something about keeping focused, instead of getting distracted by a whole lot of unimportant things. I did wonders for one of them, though the other one flew right into a pond and quit the guard. I don't think he were all that enthused about it anyway. His friend that's still there, said that he only went because he sorta pressured him into it, and getting out helped him find his own way.

So... It's an option, maybe? Fifty fifty chance you'll be helped, or wet and covered in frog eggs."

She imagined Thunder halfway down into a pond, face first, whilst a couple of frog just jumped on top of him like he were some sort of rock. Might not be the best thing to snicker at under her breath, but she couldn't help it, as the more she thought about it, the funnier it just looked to her.

==============================================================================

@EcstaticWind

A few weeks would have passed since Briar and Brittle had left town, and things were rather calm in the city. Or well, as calm as the large town could be anyway, as the day to day life were filled with busy ponies everywhere, doing whatever it were that they had set out to do over the coming days.

For Velvet, one thing that he would likely have done a few times by now, were reading some letters sent to him by three different beings within four days of them leaving town.

The first being Briar himself, who in a rather bad hoofwriting, would apologize for being absent as long as he were, but explained that Brittle were not feeling well, and that they would come along another day once she had calmed down enough, as well as gotten over her illness. He would also explain that he had taken the liberty of telling a few of his contacts to reach out to Velvet, to give him the push towards learning about what adventurers actually went through, as well as getting him some friendly connections outside of town.

The second were in a pretty elegant, flowing writing style, explaining that the name of the sender were called Lulu Leila, and that she had heard from Briar that he wanted to write with someone familiar in the adventuring scene. With it, were a tale of one of her adventures, that revolved around sneaking into a well guarded gravesite, and take some pictures of the various tablets and wall inscriptions before getting caught, and ending up escaping by stealing a set of guards clothes, and shapechange into the one she had nicked them from to escape safely. It were a rather tame one, and ended up with her saying that she hoped to hear back from him, as well as a return address, and a signature written with a little heart over the i in Leila.

The third one to send a note were a little less elegant, and written not in a simple envelope, but on a thick roll of parchment, with big letters and a surprisingly fluent writing style, that did seem a little jagged at times, as well as deep. It seemed to indicate that whoever wrote this, did so not with a pen or feather, but the tip of a claw, dipped in ink. The one writing also seemed to have a few issues with proper grammar here and there, but it were all perfectly readable, so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

It started much the same as the one from Lulu, but quickly went into an enthusiastic and bombastic tale in solid details about how she had pulled a wagon full of supplies through a thunderstorm, whilst fighting off dune smugglers to the east of Equestria. When she had reached the end station, the ones there had been thankful enough to show her a hidden entrance in the temple they had been huddled in, where she fought off a large snake for a shiny, golden collar with rare stones in. A crude depiction of that were included, with a note beneath going *It very shiny*. The finishing last words would enthusiastically encourage Velvet to write back, with the signature identifying the sender as Flaxxy.

The second and third letter would both have an open invitation to write back, and if he chose to do so to one or both, he'd get some responses back with more tales, or answers in case he had questions, as well as curious words about what he did on a day to day basis.

This would be the day when things would change up some, yet in what way? It depended on Velvet himself, and the actions he took regarding these two.

=================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

"The maw sounds like an advanced, potentially safer version of a bear trap. Not something I am personally a fan of using, as it risks taking off a limb, yet the one you mention sounds interesting. Perhaps one day, I can learn some more details about that one from you."

Rosa were always more than happy to learn something new that might be useful, and something that'd keep a particular target in place, that wasn't quickly dealt with? Sounded rather interesting, even if he did heed the warnings about it not being good if done by an amateur. Something like that were best trained and tested on inanimate objects for a while, before ever trying on someone living, as to minimize the risks.

Still, he'd be joyful in knowing how to get it done, provided he still had some use for his skills when he had served his sentence. Knowing something good at keeping one locked down like this, could well prove useful. Also it sounded rather cool, and much as he tried to keep it professional, the name and function of it, did appeal to his inner colt.

"As for the gasses, it is rather simple really. Proper concoctions can do plenty of things, with varied gasses being useful for everything from clouding the immediate area, to knock out effects, or even dispersing efficient poisons. We make heavy usage of at least some branches of this profession in my line at work, with the smoke bomb being the most commonly used variant of a gas."

Going to his belt, he'd pull out a grey pellet and throw it to the ground, which resulted in a thick cloud of smoke just exploding out of it, and clouding the area where Rosa stood. It weren't too hard to disperse, using your wings or a bit of magic, but even a few seconds of the focus going there could give him the upper hoof to fight back, or escape. As such, he considered these to be pretty much invaluable.

As for another example, he'd go to the crate, and rummage a bit until he found what looked like a hazelnut with a thin, almost invisible string wrapped around it, and held it up in a bit of string going away from it, that had a small noose. It seemed like it were meant to hang on something, or have another piece of thread through it to drag it around maybe.

"This is a rather common one I've used. Normally it is put down on the ground underneath a layer of foliage, to obscure the view, yet other times it can also be made into something that can be efficiently thrown, or hung from a tree for someone to wander into. Clever usage of string in a tripwire trap can also cause it to for example, fall down and crack open if one stumbles over the wire. One sniff of this concoction, and the lights are out for most creatures, though say dragons for example, would need a larger dosis, depending on size.

There are a few shells you can use to it, yet I picked this as it were readily available, and matched the local fauna, so that it wouldn't cause suspicion. It also helps to leave less clues, which as mentioned, are a valued trait for a spy. The less others knows they have been infiltrated the better.

It's a rather simple mixture really. Mostly based around the flower petals of Moontear Tulips, as well as some Hyacinth roots. I can give you a list of exact dosage variant if you'd like to use some of this sort of thing yourself? Might come in handy for you one day."

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom @Widdershins

The pink filly happily smiled wider as Jelly accepted her offer, cartoonishly tossing her tray on the table. Miraculously, nothing spilled out this time. She sat opposite of Jelly, eyes wide with excitement. The batponys fangs visible made her mind spin with wonder. A lonesome pony meeting a mysterious student with teeth like that... It was totally like something out of this one vampony story she read. Though, that book was kinda lame. Hopefully this adventure is way better!

"Jelly Drop? That's a super cute name! I'm Pastel Heart!"

She seemed energetic, maybe too much so. She had an air of mischief around her.

"You're from Canterlot? I guess that makes you a transfer student, like me. We're in pretty much the same boat, then. I'm from Manehattan, but uh, circumstances have brought me down here for a little while; I don't mind though, I love seeing new places!"

Edited by Pastel-chan
  • Brohoof 1