Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

"Banned from the main story not allowed in any McDonalds in America and Burger King isn't that enjoyable. What now?"

"Oh! What about we go out for drinks? Lucid! You can pay the tab!"

"Hmm... I do feel down for some laundry soap! Liquid soap is nice. Gets a draconequus all weird feeling! And then I get a headache in the morning! Sounds like fun! Also, why not let Anomaly pay?"

@Blitz Boom
"As unexpected as it may be, I hope that too." Ruby admitted "Because as little as I care about the survival of weaklings,  I'm not fan of my mother's actions." "I don't know if it's spite or something else, but I want the last thing she sees be the weakest of her blood standing over her while she takes her last breath, and if that means I have to ensure the survival of my sibling, then so be it." "But for me to be able to ensure that, he first needs to trust me, because he's inexperienced, but won't listen anything I may teach him if he's in state of fear." 

Charir didn't really mind Leviathan, as long as she didn't do any sudden moves, from the two females Ruby was the bigger threat, so maybe bit stupidly he ignored the lesser threat, though his attention got away from threats altogether when he saw Leviathan doing her magic, because while he felt fear towards Ruby, he was still just a kid, and his curiosity took over when he saw something he had never seen before.  

-----------------------------------------------
"Matches the description." Nada simply agreed, she obviously didn't know what they were called, but what Ziggy explained sounde like what she was talking about. What came to the Elements of harmony, she didn't know much about them, she knew they were a thing but she hadn't yet fully understood what exactly they were. "They tried to get me when the forest started to get overrun by them, but I managed to avoid them until they were gone." "And it's not just the town that has weird tales, Equestria as a whole is quite the odd place, it was before I went to hiding, and based on pony history, it hasn't really changed, though I have barely gotten past the few years after I went to hiding, so I can't say much about the current day." 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scarecrow waited for moment longer before answering, being able to sense Bellflower he could tell when she was really gone "Firstly the feather, that's expected, my wings look, feel and work like they're covered in feathers, but they're not, they are made of the same black growth that you can see on my hind legs, it just has taken the form of feathers, a form that it loses when separated from me." he took the two jars and offered one to Lyriel as he spoke "And for the rest.....there's something I didn't mention when I told about this place, I can feel something in this place, a presence, a powerful one in that, which the ghost and our companion can also feel." "This presence frightens me for reasons I don't know, and as it turns out, that mare, Bellflower as she was called, she is the source of that presence." 

@Blitz Boom

If such beings walked the lands of Equestria, they have long been forgotten, if they'd even been recorded at all.  There is always the chance too that whatever gods Equestria did have, chose to remain in a state where they don't interact with their recreation.  For whatever reason that may be.  It was difficult to fully understand beings that existed so far outside the mortal realm.  If anypony were able to search for such beings, the moth here fluttering around in his dreams had the best chance.  Maybe the connection between the two lands later down the road could rouse any gods of Equestria from their hidden recces.  Too much thinking being done for just a dream.  Hopefully this still sounds as REM sleep and he wakes up rested, not tried from brain sweat.

More pressing matters were at hoof though.  Rising could feel his dream was being invaded again, what a popular guy he is tonight.  Normally when a Warden or the Princess herself checks in on him, he isn't all that aware unless they were careless.  Likely though, the unicorn was in a slightly more heightened state having been in attendance to the avatar moth.  Either that or his dream door could use a little oil.  Not that that's how it really works, the door wasn't a physical door in the Dream Realm, but the concept was similar nonetheless.  "I have a squeaky dream door," he replied, casting his gaze out over the micro scape that was his subconscious's retelling of the founding of Equestria.  Dream Wanders were really good at hiding when they were in observer mode, able to manipulate the dreamscape without harming a pony's dream.  Pulling from the subconscious itself, it wouldn't be as easily mistaken for belonging like the avatar was.  They could be any of the trees that were sprouting from the earth pony farms or even a cloud the pegasi were moving around to dump rain on different parts.  Not even withstanding they could be any of the ponies themselves, wearing their bodies as a disguise until they are needed to aid a pony in a nightmare.

He was pretty sure there was a sign on his dream door that warned any Warden that he was an aware dreamer and to take extra caution.  A Dream Warden still needed to use magic to walk in the Dream Realm though.  The degree of which Rising had access to his magic sense was a bit different in his dream.  Easily catching wafts of magic that didn't belong to his body, like the smell of a pie cooling on a windowsill.  

Standing up, he put his snoot to the ground and started sniffing like a blood hound on the hunt.  Moving about toward the fields that had quickly become full orchids at the unrealistic pace his subconscious grew crops.  Weaving between trees and back tracking over his own path to and fro.  Making his way to a bush nestled by a few of the back orange trees.  He circled the bush a few times before sitting down in front of it.  Reaching out, he tapped the bush, "Boop."  The bush rustled and the poof'd away, revealing a young mare with a night sky dark coat and lavender mane.  A simple uniform that consisted of a moon white vest with crescent moon clasp that marked her as a Dream Warden.  A couple badges were pinned to her vest, marking some awards she'd won at her station.  Warden of the Month with two small star pins further attached to that badge meaning she'd won it twice and a Silent Dreamer badge.  She sat there, rubbing her booped snoot, "You're more than simply an aware dreamer, no fair" she complained, giving credit to his theory there was a sign on his dream door.  "Could have knocked," the detective retorted, only guessing that was how it worked.  Her raised eyebrow told him otherwise.  She sighed and got on her hoofs, brushing her flank off of... did his dream actually cause dirt?  Nah, likely just an automatic motion practiced from outside the dream.  "I'm just doing my job.  A Dream Quake originated from your dream and I'm investigating," she explained, evident in her tone at her own disappointment in being outed so easily.  Rising could respect her mission as a detective and gave her a smile.

Flare Blitz was pleased to see the mare was capable of cooling herself down, at least removing the need for the two agents to intervene immediately.  "Ma'am, were from the Office of Magical Investigations," Flare started, removing his officer badge from his hat.  The open golden spell book with his name and badge number engraved upon it.  Starbright did the same, removing her own badge from her saddlebag and presenting it.  "We're here because a Solar Guard reported an indecent here at the candy shop," she explained.  Putting her badge away and the using her horn to retrieve her officer notebook and a pencil to start jotting down notes.  "Ms. Del Ray, do you have a permit to conduct experiments within city limits?" Flare asked, which he was pretty sure probably met the same fate as her ID if it were the case.  "Can you tell us about your encounter with the Solar Guard?" Starbright asked as well, hoping the young guard didn't just go hopping to an officer just because he didn't understand something.

Magic without a horn was pretty unique in Equestria, but neither of the agents expected for transportation magic through a mirror.  Very advanced for even a unicorn with a horn, let alone without.  At least she paid her bill and wouldn't need to be sighted for skipping out on payments.  "Leave it to moi Mr. Glory," Cork offered before finally getting to address the strange mare.  Still not the strangest thing the pair had seen.  Each removing their respective badges from their saddle bags, "We're with the Office of Magical Investigations.  We received a report from a Solar Guard about an incident here at the Boutique."  "It appears the young lad jumped to conclusions," Cork added.  Tilting her head at the tongue and cheek comment made by the other mare, "No... not yet," she replied.  Gold Mane cleared her throat though, "Ms. Omen, mind if we ask how this came about?" she asked pretty straight to the point, motioning to her transparent coat.  Plenty of scared ponies were off put by her appearance and the question of decency was outside the scope of the O.M.I.  Neither her or Cork had other law enforcement law books as memorized as Rising.  Cork's horn glowed and a soft grey veil shimmered around the trio, casting the three in an illusion of fog.  For the outside viewers of course, inside the glamour they all looked the same.  "Where might you be off to in such a lovely gown?"

@Blitz Boom

Skall had little reason not to immediately step through, finding himself wherever it lead and he cared not if Grogar meant to never be discovered.

"Friend!" He shouted out. "I need your help to destroy Tartarus!"
Skall spread his arms out, to greet Grogar, smiling wide.
"And perhaps you can even rule over Equestria as a bonus."

========================

Suddenly a hoof stuck out of the cauldron soon following what Emerald said, following it was Sapphire's head as she gasped for air, her hair wet with blood as she climbed out. Chariot seemed to jump a little at her appearance, Sapphire lacking the gem in her eye, rubbing at her face as she realized she had two eyes, instead of just one.
"Did- did that separate the gem from my body?"

She seemed to not mind the blood so much, perhaps she's been soaked in blood before?

Iron looked over to her with a smile. "Glad you made it back alive."

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE & ATZY

KARMIC

"I don't know about the slave-keeping, honestly. The one we're travelling with is ... different as far as he tells us anyway," Karmic told the bat pony. She had no idea that sphinxes kept ponies as slaves. Now she was glad Enzo wasn't like that. Although, now she has to think of something to sate the guard's curiosity. Here's hoping Atzy can stick to this story when Karmic gets back. "My sister and I were exploring one of those abandoned mines. We stumbled across a large pile of fur and feathers which turned out to be Enzo down one of the many passageways. We all came to an agreement and decided to explore places together. But settling in Canterlot for a bit wasn't something my sister and I had planned," she explained to the bat pony. Hopefully that would be enough to sate her curiosity for a while.

ATZY

"Never would have picked you for a philosopher," Atzy giggled, stepping out from behind Enzo once the foal had gone back down. Upon reflex she had hid behind him so the foal wouldn't get too scared but now she was back and looking down at the gardens with him. "But I think I get what you're saying. Try to do things your own way, I guess. I ... want to know why I have a memory blocker, why my memories aren't there, what actually happened but, forcing them ... that will only hurt me more, I think."

@Blitz Boom

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

Twilight's own eyes darted between the strange mare, the skulls over her body, and the tower behind her itself before settling on the mare. It was strange to look at a pony with odd decorations, despite being used to seeing it with Zecora. The manetid's screech and Last's decoration got her out of her thinking though and she shook her head a bit. She observed the barrier and figured the four of them were safe for the moment dsespite the terrifying forest directly behind them. "Yes, Madame Macabre, we are looking for Marepunzel. We figured her tower would be here with hopes of her still being alive if she proved real. How do you know about that though? Not even this flying friend of ours knew about it," she spoke loud and clearly to be heard, gesturing to the manetid beside her.

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"O-Oh, you fight," Aurora said nervously, her feathers turning paler than they already were. "U-Um ... I-I d-don't think I n-n-need to hear more of that," she stammered, looking away from Flaxx and Lulu to stare  at the forest they were walking towards. She knew that lots of creatures fought. She didn't think to meet two of them who did it so lovingly and carefree. It made her feel slightly queasy but not enough to show any sort of visual feedback for it.

@Blitz Boom, @Widdershins

DAZZLE GLEAM

"Sunny is the big mare isn't she?" Dazzle guessed as she looked towards the sun-yellow giant of a mare. "Okay, if I get squished I'm blaming you," she told Stare with a couple of chuckles before wandering up to the giant mare. "Hey, uh, Sunny, right? You helped stop the fight between Shorty and I, remember?"

@FanOfManyShows

Rule over Equestria? Peh. If the old goat got that, it would only be because Skall had far greater ideas of what the future held for him.

Yet if a lie, or a consolation price, were what were needed for the creature to do as told, then so be it. They had need of this pawn for now, just as they might have of Tirek.

They should feel honored really, to be deemed useful, for someone like Skall, if even momentarily. Seeing as their own schemes got them nowhere but banished and imprisoned, they were clearly not capable of greatness themselves anyway, so the lofty goal of servants, were a fitting ceiling for them to hit.

"We should make this quick. Nothing good comes from lingering too long, in this off-world prison."

============================================================================

@FanOfManyShows

Emerald nearly growled, as Dapphire rose from her bath. To the general and Shade, jt seemed like she might attack her, and as such got ready to intervene. But Emerald's ire were not directed towards her sister, no. It were towards the element, that laid pulsating on the floor, until Emerald kicked it across. It would impact a ball of dry hay, which would not even leave a small scratch on it's hard surface.

"All of this time, and This is what I am presented with?"

She stomped in the floor, seething in annoyance, whilst the general looked around the room for answers. Yet she wouldn't find any, before Emerald started to respond to what her sister said, a good ten seconds or so after she commented on her having two eyes.

"Why would you want it? It's fake! Another one of the replicas. Your spirit made it seem as if it were occupied, but I can see it clear as day now. A spirit in name only, but not the presence of a soul's aura. No wonder you weren't consumed by it. This is just another of it's little betrayals.

Oh, and you're welcome, by the way, for including depth perception for you again. How horrible I am for keeping my word, and bringing you back whole and disease free, when because of You, I don't even have a single eye to my own name!  You inconsiderate, short sighted buffoon!"

Emerald would come around to somewhat happy, seeing her sister returned in the flesh. But right now were not a good time for her, to complain about not looking like she tried to headbutt a jewelry store. Emerald had just learned that the stone she had been enthralled by for so long, were just another fake. Just one more cruel betrayal, from the Element of Deceit.

Might be she weren't wanting it anymore - all that much - but seeing it all being pointless, understandably made her angry. And Sapphire nitpicking were really not helping at that time.

@Lucid_Nightlight

I'd be happy to involve you in the main story, if it weren't because I were sure you'd somehow ruin it for everyone else. Like turning the entire town into a fishbowl, and filling it with jelly.

"Pff. We'd be more original than that."

That is exactly what I am afraid of...

"Yeah well, whatever, you're boring anyway. LucidI'm in on the drinky time. And I can sort some coins easily. I think I have some right around..."

She'd pop her head off, and shake it, whilst numerous things fell out of there. Including the kitchen sink. Though eventually, a block of rock would fall out, and she'd stop. Then she put the head back, and went into a grin.

"Hehe, there it were. How much we gonna need, you think?"

She'd hit it, and it would jump around every time. As well as let out a few bits with every jab.

"I think there's a few hundred still rumbling around in here. That should do it, right?"

===================================================================================

@Windy Breeze 🥧

"Uhm... I'm thinking she's in one of the bedrooms. Its a very personal place to be, so it'd make sense. Though she might also be in another room, if they had some pictures of her and... Y'know, together. That could probably spark some emotional heights too.

We should look around, and fast. Before the things from before, causes more of the house to collapse, to prevent us from reaching her."

Sorrow would be tired right now, after them having to rush up here, after yet another harrowing experience below, where they had to fear for their lives. She were going to need a long nap after today... Yet for now, they had work to do, and they had to hurry. If they lingered too long, it would likely go badly for them.

As for where to go exactly... Normally she could feel these sorts of things out, but the massive influx of spirit energy this close to them, were making it hard to pinpoint things exactly right now. Best she had, were that it were nearby.

So hesitantly, she'd grab hold in the door leading to the first room on the left, which did not seem like a bathroom, and open it. Here were hoping they'd find what they were looking for...

==============================================================================

@Rising Dusk

"𝕾𝖔 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖎𝖘 𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖔𝖋 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝕯𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖒 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖉𝖊𝖓𝖘? 𝕿𝖍𝖊𝖞 𝖆𝖕𝖕𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖊 𝖘𝖚𝖇𝖙𝖑𝖊, 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖘𝖊 𝕴 𝖆𝖒 𝖚𝖘𝖊𝖉 𝖙𝖔."

The moth had followed Rising as he went on his little hunt, curious as to what he'd find, and enjoying how he went about things. It reminded her of the diamond dogs back home, and how they hunted for their targets. A nice, homely feeling, which were quite welcome, in this alien environment.

This far from home, her powers were greatly reduced, so she could not as easily sense this warden, beyond simply knowing than an intruder of some sort had entered. She were impressed though, with how subtle, and quickly, said warden had blended into things. Though she had expected something else than a pony. She were not sure why. There had just been an inkling that perhaps this princess, made usage of some of the creatures who had not bodies in the real world, but were purely of the dream lands.

She found those creatures amusing really. Even the ones who lurked between dreamers, waiting for the right time to feast on their nightmares. Not ones who were well liked, but she saw the purpose they served, and only rarely intervened.

Vizn'nay's avatar would flap closer to the warden, whom seemed to be bickering about Rising's skills with his dreams. Apparently, she were not used to having lucid dreamers, even if she appeared to have some commendations on her behalf. Given by the alicorn herself, maybe? Or whoever lead these wardens, outside of that? Just like she had Thistle, who lead the other priests and priestesses back in the day, so too might there be a high warden of sorts, who functioned as their superior, right below the princess.

Yet be as it may, it were likely best for her to explain things for the little one, before she would become worried, what might have befallen this dream. Not that she feared the mare would remove her. Weakened and far from home as she were, she might not have much power here, but it were a curtsy that she interfered as little as she did, and asked permission. She believed Rising deserved as much, rather than her meddling around, and challenging his powers, to learn more than he were willing to show on his own. He could likely overtake her in the long run, but not before she learned something. And this warden? Praise be the little mortal, that she felt dutiful about her job, but it were doubtful that she could remove Viz'nay herself. Only one Viz'nay believed were able to banish her for the time, might be Rising, and she did what she could, to not give him reason to.

"𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖗𝖎𝖕𝖕𝖑𝖊 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖘𝖕𝖊𝖆𝖐 𝖔𝖋, 𝖜𝖊𝖗𝖊 𝖔𝖋 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖆𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖌. 𝕴 𝖕𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖊𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖈𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖆𝖎𝖓 𝖆𝖘𝖎𝖉𝖊, 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖘𝖍𝖔𝖜𝖊𝖉 𝖍𝖎𝖒 𝖆 𝖌𝖑𝖎𝖒𝖕𝖘𝖊 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖆𝖘𝖙. 𝕴 𝖉𝖔 𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖔 𝖇𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖍𝖆𝖗𝖒 𝖚𝖕𝖔𝖓 𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖉𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖒𝖘.

𝕴 𝖆𝖒 𝖁𝖎𝖟'𝖓𝖆𝖞. 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝕻𝖊𝖆𝖈𝖊𝖋𝖚𝖑 𝕽𝖊𝖘𝖙. 𝖂𝖍𝖔 𝖒𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖇𝖊?"

They may as well drop pretense, and simply get to it. Which were her full intention, as she got close to the warden, and fluttered silently in the air, within around twenty centimeters of the pony. It would be curious to see how this one would react. Hopefully not in an unwise way. She would only make a fool out of herself.

On 9/5/2020 at 1:16 PM, Rising Dusk said:

"Ma'am, were from the Office of Magical Investigations,"

The mare looked at the badge curiously.

"There is an agency for that now? My, the world have come a long way these days, haven't it? It's just good though, don't get me wrong. There's plenty of dangerous things out there, that needs to be dealt with. Just... Please don't try and interfere with my magic, if you please. I am not certain of the outcome, but I predict a good 17,43% chance at a bare minimum, of something potentially happening, if my internal magic are meddled with in some way. If magic is part of my structure. Since my horn broke, it have become incredibly difficult to run such calculations properly."

She'd push her glasses further up her nose, and let out a small sigh. She did not like these inconsistencies, nor guess work. She loved facts, and sadly, she just didn't have as many as she'd like, when it came to catastrophic side effects of herself. Only speculation, and the dubious results of her own, small scale experiments.

"Ms. Del Ray, do you have a permit to conduct experiments within city limits?" Flare asked, which he was pretty sure probably met the same fate as her ID if it were the case.  "Can you tell us about your encounter with the Solar Guard?" Starbright asked as well, hoping the young guard didn't just go hopping to an officer just because he didn't understand something.

There wasn't much time to dwell on this though, as things moved on to more prudent things soon afterwards. And with prudent, she meant that she potentially would get some trouble, if she did not answer these inquiries quickly, and precisely. Which she would much prefer not to have happen. She likely did not stand in good favor already, based on her accidentally... *Adorning the street with a few beauty holes* in a manner of speaking.

"Perhaps I should be more specific, sir. I do not run live experiments throughout the city, in a way which might hurt anypony. What experiments I run, are done primarily far from any settlement, nor easily flammable material, as to avoid potential issues that might arise. In here, I meant that I ran an experiment in the sense, that I wished to try and see if I could still blow a regular bubble, or if the exert of lung activity would prove it to be impossible. I didn't think it would go wrong, but as a precaution, I made sure to stand away from others.

I have run other tests on things beforehoof, and have not found there to be much of an effect, if any. I forgot to take into consideration that I put a lot of pressure on myself, and focused wholeheartedly on the action itself, which seems to have caused an imbalance in the volatile gasses and magma streams to take place. I suspect that if I do not go at it so intensely, it will not cause the same effect. And I do apologize for not warning others in advance, and for likely scaring your guard. I had taken precautions, and there had been nothing happening near a general populace for a month now, so I assumed I were safe, to try and go and get some gum again. I have sorely lacked that for about four months, at this point.

In all honesty... I did not even notice a guard had been nearby. I assume that maybe somepony went and told one of them about what they saw, once my back started to crack open, and it worried some civilian. Hopefully I have not caused too big of a ruckus? I can explain everything if it is, if you have a modicum of time. In more layman terms, of course. I mean no offense, but you do not strike me as scientists, so some of the finer, more technical details, might simply make it seems more confusing."

Magma did not want to imply that they were stupid. They were clearly very good at what they did, and were not in any sort of way, a couple of diamond dogs. That being said, their proficiency, did not seem to lie in alchemy, which were required for the nitty gritty of what she could tell. So she figured it might just be best to breeze past that, and lay it out more simplistically, and hope that the small things were not as required. If it were, she could try and explain it, but she'd need a blackboard, and several hours to go over it all.

"No... not yet," she replied.  Gold Mane cleared her throat though, "Ms. Omen, mind if we ask how this came about?"

"Hehe, it's fine. It were mostly a joke about how I can't really hide things on me like this. Not unless I use illusions, and I'm not really that good with those.

And I guess you mean how you can see my bones and stuff, right? Well, it's sort of a family affliction. A sort of biological magic, that's ingrained into our base. I asked mom about it once, but all she said were that we'd probably die if it were removed. And when grandpa tried to cure us all, they did all die, so I guess she were right."

Grave pondered this a little, and then just shrug her shoulders. Sure she had been sad at the time, but such were things every now and again, right? Some lived, some died, and at least they were probably at peace by now. That's what mattered, and she were still around to keep on all aspects of the family legacy.

"Anyway, far as I know, great great, great.. Great? Grandma? I can never remember if it were three or four greats. But anyway, she were real good at body modification magic, and wanted to go beyond the limit, and see if she could make herself invisible. She had a knack for things, according to history, so it probably seemed like a good idea to her.

Well, she sorta failed, and we've been see through since then.. Never fails to show up either. Must be a real strong gene or something, I dunno. But it's kinda practical. Never have to worry about stepping on something, and not being sure where it's stuck, for example."

The mare were an optimists sort, and tried to see the positive in things. In this case, one of the many benefits of being see through like this, with others being that it were easier to see broken boned, development of foals, etc. There were positives if you just wanted to open your eyes, and look at them. Though yeah, sure. A lot of negatives too, like how others perceived you. Some folks just got scared over nothing, right?

Cork's horn glowed and a soft grey veil shimmered around the trio, casting the three in an illusion of fog.  For the outside viewers of course, inside the glamour they all looked the same.  "Where might you be off to in such a lovely gown?"

She'd stop briefly from answering things, and would start to look around her, on the magic that were engulfing them, and from what she suspected, kept them from sight of others, to avoid more issues with how she looked. Though she were more focused on another aspect of it, as she smelled the air near the magic. All the while, having a smile on her face, as if she had just opened an oven, to find a freshly baked tray of muffins.

"I like your magic, It have a have a nice, warm smell to it Cork. Strong and steady, with a kind vibe through it. Not a bad intention anywhere."

It were not like with Rising, where she could see threads and interact with them. No no, nothing as high brow as that. Grave could just smell out magic, differentiate what sort it were, and judge what sort of mindset had cast it. It helped to be ready for beneficial spells, as well as some meant to cause her harm. Pretty good for survival, in her experience.

"And I dunno where to go like this, really. I were just minding my own business, wandering around my homely little ghost town, when all of a sudden, a flock of strangers started to yap on about something with an *unstable connection*, and having to find out why it seemed to be losing power I think? it were something about a portal, gate-thing it sounded like, and that's a bit too high brow for me.

Anyway, they were kinda rude when I showed myself, so I let them do their thing alone, and watched how they took one of my mirrors to put a sort of temporary gate in. I dunno what were on the other side, but it looked all warm and nice, so I snuck over, and geist walked right into it. Then all of a sudden I find myself in a funny place, near a dumpster, and the mirror I got through stops showing home again. I guess they had seen enough or something. Anyway, I walk out, and there's just this huuuuge city all of a sudden. Full of light, ponies, and oh so pretty clothes.

I asked some of them were they got that, and after they ran away, I saw the sign over this place, and all the pretty dresses in their window. I just Had to go in and see if I could buy one. And the gold I kept in my necklace, were enough for a real fancy one. With a mane and tail care included for free too! I've never felt, nor looked better in my life. And it's just soooo soft. Seriously, whatever materials you ponies have, are amazing. And the food too. I found this round thing next to the dumpster, and dusted it off. It tastes really sweet. I can't imagine how many bugs you had to crush to get this much sweetness into it."

She'd take another bite out of her discarded treat. Hey, it were still good, even if there were a few grains of sand here. No need to let it go to waste that easily, in her opinion.

"And the one who you're saying got you... Like, a really scrawny looking stallion, in a funny metal suit? He's the one I asked about the dresses. I sorta thought he'd just run off and hide, like a lot of others do. Didn't think he'd go get the magic police. Am I in trouble or something? I promise I haven't hurt anyone, and wouldn't dream of doing so either. No way Id' want to get exiled from this place. Seriously, you couldn't pay me enough to go back home again, after seeing this place."

What she described, were sort of a spy glass. You connected two mirrors, and could then see through to the other side, via the one you had, and vice versa. It were a fairly standard thing, mostly used by really dumb, pretend spies, and teenagers trying to look all sorts of places, that they weren't supposed to. The detectives likely had been through a fair few that had to be dealt with like this, and they were generally harmless.

They were generally not possible to travel through though, which made Grave's story a little odd. Yet they had already seen her pull something out from a mirror. Hence, it were feasible to think she might be able to travel between them as well. What she called *Geist walking*.

"Since we're being shrouded I'm guessing you'd like me to follow you somewhere, yes? I'll comply, no worries. You two seem nice,so I don't see an issue with that."

========================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 9/4/2020 at 4:12 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“If the longma back home were to find themselves in a random performance, they’d probably be confused.”

“Confused? Try violent,” Lin snidely remarked. “Depending on who watches the performance, they would pick a fight with you. Some would do it on reflex, and others really just don’t like outsiders. The longma just aren’t receptive to the idea of meeting someone who isn’t like them.”

Sen sighed, though did not mean to sound exasperated. He understood his sister and her deep-seated dislike for the old attitudes harbored by the folks back home. It is true that some are curious but without regular exposure to creatures who aren’t longma, it would take a while for them to come around. 

“I guess Lin and I don’t represent of the longma well. We’ve led very different lives from the folks back home, so much that we behave more like the ponies of Equestria. I mean, just look at us. Dragon-like features that could instill fear but you had us scared back there. That’s probably the opposite of what you were expecting.”

"Maybe they just need to see something they're more familiar with?"

As she spoke, Cheshire had a subtle roll of fire going over herself, as she took on the form of Sen. Not just the form though, but also his voice, showing off another *perk* of being a changeling. One of those that made the race abhorred by quite a lot of creatures too, as it got terrifying for some to think of what might have happened with their real friends or families, when an impostor were in their place.

"Maybe one isn't enough? Two maybe?"

An illusion split out from Cheshire, as she - still in Sen's form - wandered a few steps forward, which split into one that were an exact copy of Lin.

Both the original, and the illusion would wander over to Sen and start circling him, and brushing their heads up against his side. At which point, he'd find that it were impossible to tell that the illusion were not real, as even the wetness of breath, and slight warmth off Lin's copy, seemed far too realistic.

After a few seconds of this, and giggling, the illusion faded into mist, and Cheshire returned to her equine form.

"I'll stay away if you like, but you'd be amazed how well I can blend into a group. Even if I am all by my lonesome."

She'd say a little more, but a noise on stage interrupted her, as wandering up the wooden stairs, suddenly came an imposing thestral.

He looked as if he were cut out of a solid piece of onyx gem. And a substantially large one at that.

His mane and tail were short, and seemed near militaristic. As did the long, old scar, adorning his muscular chest, and going down towards the middle of his trunk. His legs and entire torso seemed as if it were more or less build by tightly packed muscles, and when he moved, they flexed ever so slightly, showing off that if this pony hit you, it were going to be felt. It were no wonder really, that he seemed so effortlessly to carry a barrel on his back, which from the sound of it, were far from empty. It had a long hose in it too, currently wrapped over his shoulder. It seemed slightly damp at the exit, making it appear as if he had recently drunk from whatever were in the barrel, which could easily contain both Sen and Rosa at once. Maybe Omen too, if they squeezed together.

Yet despite all of this, he barely made a sound as he moved under his own weight, and looked towards the silent audience, with a neutral facial expression. He didn't seem angry or anything, nor happy, until you reached the eyes, which sat in the strong, determined face. Eyes full of warmth, betraying the imposing figure they were sitting in.

Quite frankly, the closest they might come to a comparison, were Stargazer. And this stallion made the Night Guard seem almost dwarfed in comparison, even if he were likely only a half head taller. He were just quite a bit more imposing and eye-catching, than the tired thestral of Ponyville had been, the times they had met him.

"...On behalf of myself, and everypony in the Moonlit Thicket, we welcome you all to another, grand festival. One were we will enjoy tonight entertainment, until Princess Celestia seems fit to raise the sun, and the first few rays marks the end of this grand showing once more.

It is as always, a pleasure to see that so many of you have shown up, and chosen to take part in what we have arranged here. Including once again, Queen Cheshire, who most graciously have taken time out of her busy schedule, to come and ensure that you will not forget this night, anytime soon."

The stallion's deep voice were booming out from the stage, seemingly assisted by some sort of magic spell, judging by the slight glow near his neck.

More magic were in play, as a spotlight fell on Cheshire, and she flew up some, and took a bow towards the stallion.

"You know I always have time for you, my dearest Soda Stream."

They exchanged a look, before he went into a big, jovial smile, at which point the imposing stallion, somehow started to seem more like a big, protective teddybear, than the threatening force from before. The difference a great smile could do, no?

"Something which I will always appreciate, your highness.

Now enough of this. I know you have not come here to see me speak, but to enjoy yourself. So what are you all waiting for? Go out and have fun. The night have only just begun!"

As his enthusiastic voice ended the small speech, magical fireworks went off around him, and the crowd cheered loudly. The carnival were now open.

=========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"From what I see, it's not going to be easy for you to gain his trust. It is as if every movement you make, he expects you to hit him. Which might I add, doesn't exactly make me more mournful, towards what you're planning for your mother."

Leviathan accepted that this were not something she could, nor realistically should, try and stop. It were a feud between the old dragoness and Ruby, that had only one end, and it wasn't her place to try and get between it. It were just a shame that it had been pushed that far, that even one of Ruby's variants, thought it warranted this kind of response.

Now though, it seemed that her half brother were going to be featured, as part of that plan. A way to humiliate their mother further it seemed, just to add that small amount more to the crushing defeat, that were hopefully going to happen. Yet to do that, as Ruby said, he had to trust her. And right now, that seemed about as far from something that were going to happen anytime soon, as you could possibly get.

"Do you have any idea, how he might start to feel less fearful around you? I suspect that only enough time, where he sees you are not actively attempting to harm him, will do. But maybe you have another idea, on how to entice him?"

She'd say this, as she were cleaning up the skin, and bit notice that he seemed to be following her actions somewhat closely. Were magic maybe enticing to him? it warranted a little test.

Taking a deep breath, she'd blow out a small cone of frozen air above her, and twirl her right hand around. The mixture of magic, would make the snow drizzle swirl around her head lazily, dancing up and down, and eventually, taking the form of a small dragon, running around her head, trying to catch a frozen butterfly.

Pure theatrics this, with no real application, beyond showing off. But maybe that part could in some way, be functional now, for other things than the distraction she tended to use it as?

==================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"That's fair. Equestria can be kinda weird at times, but it just seems like Ponyville got a lot more of the weird.

I mean, I'm from Las Pegasus. Weird things are really normal there. Hay, a lot of weirdness comes to town, to put on a show, and earn a little more cash. The things you'd see some of the performers do there is just crazy sometimes."

A few went through her head, and one in particular, who had done this odd thing with a long vine, that he controlled almost like a snake, got to mind, and made her giggle. It were such a silly thing really, but it had just amused her greatly at the time.

"Where was I going with that... Right! I've lived there for almost my entire life, and I've seen lots of stuff. But coming here to Ponyville, it's different. The weird stuff around here's more dangerous, and big monsters comes to town fairly regularly, from what I've been told. At least in the last few years. Pinkie Pie's the most *normal* sort of weird that I've seen, and she's great fun for sure. Shark pony though... I dunno. She didn't seem like she wanted to hurt anypony, but it were stil plenty odd, and I guess it takes time to get used to Ponyville weird?

I kinda like it though. Sure it's sorta dangerous, but nopony have died from the varied things yet apparently, and it's nice knowing that I can help, in case somepony's hurt. The doctors here are good, but they're not that specialized in setting bones, outside of just casts and stuff. It's nice knowing I can set a leg back in the socket, and save some time for everypony, for example. And just generally lend a hoof, duh.

It's important to feel like there's something for you to do, right? Like, a need that somepony needs to fill. Gives purpose and stuff, I think. What do you think, Nada?"

=================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

So Bellflower scared Scarecrow? That were an ominous thing indeed, considering that so far, he did not seem as if anything made him fearful for his own safety. In a sense, he had even seemed wishful of the idea, that his true end would one day come. To think that somehow now, Bellflower frightened him, even when those two aspects were in play... It made her wonder what he might be fearing. Just an instinctual fright, of someone higher up the food chain? Perhaps. Though it might also be that on some level, he understood that she might be able to do something more to him, than just make him perish. Such as control his mind, or turning him into just another, ravenous undead, focused entirely on consumption. Either of them seemed like miserable, horrendous fates for her at least, and the only two that came to mind right now, as an alternative.

"Perhaps it is best that we leave this place now then, and leave them be in the future, lest we catch her ire. I know not what manner of presence you feel, nor what could make you afraid, but I trust your words, Scarecrow. If you say she is one who needs to be feared, I will remember such, and do what I can, to ensure that our interactions are as limited as can be. It is likely best that neither of us, ends up as an enemy of hers."

Lyriel would cast a nervous glance back at the house, before taking a jar of her own, and beginning to wander onward. They had not far too go, but it were still about five minutes walk or so, before they reached the hazelnut area. After that, they'd have to find a phoenix. Hopefully one whom would assist them, though it were going to be more troubling now, that she could not speak with them. Most of them, avoided interacting with equines if possible, as many birds tended to do in the forest. City birds were different, and Agni were of course, one who sought them out, but there were no rule without exceptions either.

If the ghost popped up though, she wouldn't get far, and halted to witness this ethereal creature with big, concerned eyes. But if it weren't the case, she would instead ask Scarecrow a question, whilst the trickster flew slowly after them.

"If it is okay, might I ask what it is about this presence, that you fear? You have not struck me as one with much to be frightful of, thus far."

@Sekel

"It's amazing that you managed to do this. Sphinx normally doesn't do anything, unless you can beat their riddles, or make a deal with them. Maybe not all the stories I've heard are right?"

This were a far departure from the sort of thing that the thestral knew about sphinx, so if this were true - and it were hard to argue against the fact here current were one, at the castle, that they were told to keep away from - it put into question several things that were taken for granted about them. Including that maybe, there were some outliers that weren't so bad? Like with King Thorax, before the laws allowing changelings into society, suddenly caused a bunch of good hives to show their faces. Maybe this too were a situation, where once one were accepted, more would begin to show themselves?

Or maybe, they'd come to punish them for their insolence. Best try and have a worst case scenario too here, right? The sphinx might also be a spy, but... Urgh, this were not in her job description. It were best left to the generals.

And speaking of which, they had reached the room the generals had for themselves. A large, imposing door, at the end of a long hallway, lined with armor and weaponry on display. It were kinda hard not to guess this lead to some sort of room of importance.

"Let's see if he's here then... *ahem* General Dew?"

"Yes?"

The elderly stallion's voice came out from behind the door, after the thestral knocked thrice, and opened it with her breath held. A breath which would finally be exhaled now, that she heard that he were indeed in there, saving this from becoming awkward.

"I have a visitor for you, sir. A companion of a sphinx, who're here with papers, seemingly signed by Ambassador Golden."

"I wondered how long that would take. Come in."

"Yes sir."

She'd take place next to the door, and allow entrance for Karmic. This were her thing to do now, whilst she stood guard at the door.

Inside the room, General Dew sat and looked over some papers, on the large map of Equestria, that lined the table. It seemed fairly regular, and if you could ignore the special weapons and armor on display in the room, along with the many, many portraits of former generals, lining the walls, it would almost seem sort of cozy in here.

14 hours ago, Sekel said:

"But I think I get what you're saying. Try to do things your own way, I guess. I ... want to know why I have a memory blocker, why my memories aren't there, what actually happened but, forcing them ... that will only hurt me more, I think."

"I'm not a philosopher. But spend enough time with only yourself, and you either start pondering many things, or grow mad. Sometimes, I wonder if I only went down one of those paths, or if madness have in some fashion, overtaken me..."

The first bit of time after escaping, he had actually worried that he'd suddenly open his eyes, and find himself right back there, with his escape merely a dream. A horrible fear to have, which so far, had not been the case. He had in fact, slept several times since escaping now, in the fresh air, and could say with almost certainty, that he were indeed free of that nightmarish place.

"As for your memories, I would imagine it is some kind of trauma, that makes your mind attempt to block it off. Perhaps if you think it best to chase these memories at some point, you can find one of these equines, who are able to get into your head, and see this blockage for themselves. Surely some of them, must know how to use mind magic in some regard. I can't imagine that being a completely forgotten spell school at least.

But I would say, you must think long and hard of things, Atzy. And for the time being, maybe try and focus on what is right in front of you. We may not be able to enter the town just yet, but there is a garden to linger in, which you have only seen, through Karmic's eyes. Perhaps it would soothe you to wander it now, on your own hooves?"

If it were, he'd begin to slowly fly down, giving folks ample time to get away from them. He did not aim to frighten them, yet that were so far, going to be his lot in this life. How riveting... *sigh* Hopefully the papers would get here soon, and these ponies soon simply accept, that he were not leaving that easily again.

=========================================================================

@Sekel

"I did not come here to seek her out, but the spirits guided me here, once my real task were done. I know enough about her, and her purpose to spirits, to guess your reasons."

"Krrtkkxr. Assassin! Who sent you to kill our queen?!"

Madamme Macabre narrowed her eyes at the insectoid creature, which took a step further back. The exact opposite that Last did, as she went further ahead, and looked harsher at the stranger they had encountered here.

"Her? As if. Regiments couldn't touch that thing. She isn't gonna-"

"Don't go closer!"

Cherish's voice suddenly came through, fearful and hurried, as a force yanked Last backwards a half meter or so, and the vague form of Cherish got into view. Not by much, as it seemed she weren't able to keep a stable, visible form right now, but it were enough for the others to see her.

"Something's wrong about her. T-There's a terrible energy rolling from her. It's... I felt it in the b-battlefield."

"You should. I harvested them all, just as I harvested their insolent queen, when she had fallen. It is my duty. And I will let nopony stop me from doing it."

A pale glow came from her horn, as the scythe swiftly went from her body and unfolded. The light nearly danced in the sharp blade for a moment, as it were risen above her head, and Last by pure instinct, rushed over and pushed the princess aside. She did not have the time to draw her blade and deflect in the situation, but she were ready to die for her princess. She only wished it hadn't been this early.

Yet despite what she though, the scythe did not go down on her, but rather slashed behind them, and cut the door to the tower from top right, to bottom left, as if it had been made of butter. After that, the scythe smoothly folded together, and returned to her side. Yet her eyes fell on Last, who remained where she stood, ready to take the hit, and glaring at the elderly mare, who sent back a slightly amused, calculating glance of her own.

"A complete lack of self preservation, for the sake of one, who could have defended herself... Interesting. A returning Shrine Maiden, I suppose?

Whatever's the case, I am not your enemy. Nor one of yours, insect. I have no qualms with your new regent. I just came to clear the battlefield, and now, to find if Marepunzel is truly here, as some of them claimed. You can follow if you want, and look for her yourself. Or you can stay down here, and let that spirit languish for another thousand years."

She didn't bother to wait for an answer, before calmly turning around, and wandering towards the slashed door. It were easy to gain entrance now, so they could easily follow, if they wanted to. The manetid seemed to want to take the first step, spear and claw arms still raised, but she stopped, once a couple of pale wisps, started to dance in the eye sockets, of the large skull down her back. It seemed she were frightened of the elderly mare. And from what had been told so far, maybe there were a reason for it.

As for Twilight, if she had ever researched some of the forest towns of Equestria, or more morbid magic schools, she might have a small bell ring in the back of her head, over the name of Madamme Macabre, in combination with talks about spirits. The rumored head of the Macabre family, that functioned as a guard of the Pegasus town of Somber Heights, the Breezie village of Glitter Grove, and the Thestral town, of Moonlit Thicket. Three towns near one another, ruled over by a joined council. And near the edge of the forest, were the buildings, belonging to the old Macabre Clan. A millennia old family line, where the mares supposedly had powers over spirits, and wandered the lands, dealing with death in varied ways. As well as functioned as the primary guards of the three towns.

Usually the Moonlit Thicket were known for carnivals throughout the year, and the Somber Heights for their focus on speed flying, including races, and the biggest selection of merchandise and equipment, related to such, this side of Canterlot. Glitter Grove however, were made of breezies, and as such, preferred to keep to themselves, out of worry that tourists might hurt them, or their town.

Then again Twilight may know nothing about these ponies, nor the forest towns. It were rather far from Ponyville, and the carnivals were exclusively held after midnight, due to it being a thestral town. And the Macabre clan, were not known for holding lectures, or publishing many books. In fact, none of them had, for around three hundred and fifty years at this point.

@Sekel

"We fight good. Strong muscles, and funny magic."

"Only as required though, of course. We're not barbarians, looking to hurt any creature we see. Yet at times, a forceful approach is sadly needed. I assure you that we have no intentions of constantly acting like savages."

Lulu tried to calm the situation down some, as it appeared that strangely, the queen did not like to fight. A rather peculiar trait to have, she'd say. Most changelings knew at least how to fight a little, and had at times, a primary urge to let some of it out on occasion. What a strange one this were.

"Why fighting make you nervous? I can smell it on you. Get hurt you too much?"

"Now now, let's not jump to conclusions. She may simply not like to fight all that much, or are fully devoted to being a pacifist. I know Hive Cheshire are well known for being pacifists, among other things, so it might be what the situation is here too. One of your hive's traits perhaps, Queen Aurora?"

Lulu did not expect an answer to this, but merely wanted to put it out there, that perhaps, this were something that would count for her hive too. Most hives tended to have two *traits*, if you would. One were an aspect of their powers, that were more refined than the others. Whereas another tended to be a personality quirk of sorts. Such as Hive Onache's urge to migrate, or Hive Cheshire's to help others. Not something that defined them, but more of a part of their instincts, which they could ignore, if they trained themselves too. Though most just embraced it, in some fashion. 

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

Windy let out a gulp, she needs to be be ready if they encounter Autumn, she looked on as Sorrow opens bathroom door.

The bathroom was just like the vandalized streets they saw in town earlier. The walls, the sink, the tub, the ceiling, everything is written with words, but not all of them express hatred. The one's written on the mirror says

Razor was a wonderful husband.

we met at Griffonstone, he defended me from the other locals, he let me inside his home, i suddenly get that kind of feeling, I could no longer seperate from him, I think he had the same problem as well but he would sometimes stare at me. We soon understand why: we fall in love.

Even though he was poor, he promised me to make us rich, so we moved in to Fillydelpia to-

the rest of the other words are smudged, making it impossible to understand what it says.

The one's written on the wall are in chaos, not knowing what to really express at all.

He is a great husband

pAinFulL

Murderer

Why did you do this!?

He woUld never do sUCh a thing

Go DIE!

Love him forever

Never come back

Do you really love me?

They were so numerous, Windy looked behind her and saw the door has been written all over as well. Was Autumn trying to stop herself from looking for a revenge? She would never know unless Sorrow finds out the purpose of all the countless letters written all over the room.

One word in particular stood out from all of them, if Sorrow read it, it would trigger another backstory from the past.

It says Scrub me all over, scrub me!

@Blitz Boom

Cheshire’s subtle spectacle left Sen stunned, watching as the changeling queen transform - no - become him. That was the the moment that gripped him, silenced him while Cheshire circled the longma followed by her splitting to create an apparition of Lin. And the terror that filled him earlier, the uncertainty that meeting a new creature introduces… he understood. It was only a brief moment but he could feel the air in his lungs leave; there was much to be said but the display could only remind him of the caution and the disdain the longma back home understood. 

Lin watched from the side, seeing a familiar look of discomfort on her brother slowly transforming into horror. Though they were excited to meet someone new with a good reputation among the thestrals and the ponies, seeing what the changeling queen did sent chills down her spine. The seconds felt like minutes but the longma stepped in between the changeling and her brother, having seen enough. 

“What you did… that was, umm… something,” Lin smiled, wider than her usual. “But I think you’re right. Might be better if we introduce the longma by bringing them to one of your shows instead.”

The longma siblings sat down and listened to Soda’s opening speech, though their excitement and glee were sapped. They followed along with the stallion’s introduction and remarks but his words seemed to only flow in one ear and leave the other without being processed. In their minds, only the image of Queen Cheshire remained, replaying over and over. Even the fireworks, a spectacle in itself, didn’t seem to get them out of their ruminations. With the carnival in full swing, it was just the right moment for a breather.

“I… need a moment alone, sister. I’ll be off to the side to gather my thoughts.”

Lin nodded, seeing her brother off before walking back up to Queen Cheshire.

“Queen Cheshire, about what happened back there. When we mentioned that the longma were isolationists, there was a reason why they… we… are that way. I can’t say how accurate this is because the details are muddy but we grew up learning that our ancestors helped build a kingdom with many other creatures, a prosperous future that we were supposed to be a part of. When it was completed, our ancestors demanded to have a say in the kingdom’s matters but they were turned away, threatened and forced to leave. Turns out they were just the laborers.”

“We never had a place in that future, and when the longma learned this, they grew distrustful of anyone who isn’t them ever since.”

Lin didn’t intend for her narration to hold malice toward the queen, but her tone subtly shifted from snide and dismissive of her own kind to one that began to see the revelation. That for all of her disrespectful preconceptions of the longma back home, there was some sense behind their distrust. It may be all the worse for Cheshire, a being that feeds on emotion, to suddenly pick up on this contrast with the rest of the opening festivities. 

“I’m truly sorry for souring the mood but I wanted to explain ourselves. Sen really wants to help the folks back home understand that they can trust other creatures. We’ve met and befriended many wonderful creatures that maybe we ought to take a chance that things will be different this time. And, even if what you showed Sen earlier was scary, I still think changelings are impressive."

The longma's tone, however much it contrasted the rest of what she had to say, was still marked with genuine awe. Lin thought she'd try to lift Cheshire's mood if the sudden shift in emotion was a little too much. 

@Blitz Boom
"Actions speak louder than words." Ruby stated "I can tell him hundred times that I'm not going to hurt him, but he needs to see it to believe it." "I don't have any specific plans on how I'm going to do it, but I believe a good start would be to act as different to my mother as I can, I look like her, so big part getting him over his fear is to get him associate me with anything else than our mother." she thought for a second "My pony form could be helpful with that, he will most likely sense me even with the enchanted necklace, and as little as I personally like the idea, getting him to associate me with that weaker form could help." 

Charir looked interested at the magic in work, he was aware of magic's existence, since it was one of the things they were taught to hate, but he had never seen it so directly in action, outside the smoke figurines that Leviathan had used as communication of course, but this time was bit different because it was odd to him to see a dragon to do anything that was not related to fire somehow. This clearly distracted him from worrying about Ruby, but Ruby still stayed away, knowing that she would make the young dragon jump if she bothered him now.

----------------------------------------------------
"I agree that having a purpose, or more precisely, feeling that you have a purpose is important to all creatures who live outside their natural instincts, it stops you from going mad...I would know, though who knows, maybe I have gone mad and just haven't noticed." Nada said thoughtfully, the last part was obviously a joke, but it was true that she knew, because while she was hiding, her singing was what gave her purpose, knowing that something somewhere would enjoy it helped her to feel bit less alone. "But for the weirdness, I wouldn't know, for me ponies alone are weird, and for rest of my kind I'm weird." 

---------------------------------------
Scarecrow just nodded at Lyriel's suggestion about leaving, he didn't care to stay here any longer that was necessarily, though it was less because of Bellflower, and more because of the ghost, he was concerned about what her coldness would do to Lyriel. The ghost wouldn't appear again though, the air would feel bit cooler than usual for a moment, and the outsides of the jars would gather bit of ice, but there wasn't any signs of the mare, if you didn't count the part of her that was in the jars of course, she had probably returned to whatever she was doing before they had arrived. 

"I truly don't know." he would say after Lyriel's question "But I can speculate, there is two potential answers I have thought of, either it is related to something I used to know but have forgotten, or it is related to what I am." "First one would explain why I may fear it, as even if I have forgotten something, the emotions connected to it last longer in my memory, but it wouldn't explain why some can feel it and some can't." "Which brings me to the second possibility, I, the ghost and our companion can feel it, but you, and seemingly other creatures can't, so what we have common, that you don't have? Our creation. You, and most of living creatures are born, created the natural way, but we three, two undead and creation of Draconequus, our existence by itself is unnatural, most likely based on some kind of magic." "I don't know what would be the cause for us to feel and fear this presence, but it is most like instinctual."

"The ghost told us something about this mare, apparently Bellflower has once wiped her out of existence, turned her into nothing, but whatever is keeping her here was stronger and she came back." "This of course is a concerning detail, while also arguably quite intriguing, but while I have felt the dread a while before learning this, that power may be related to the cause of the fear." 

@Blitz Boom

Monolith stood standing in the street, frog creature still firmly latched onto him. 

The thing with Magic is, of course, that it hinges upon rules. A fact most Draconequui find hopelessly infuriating. Magic is a form of force and focus, and like all things capable of being defined, like Gravity and other laws of nature, it has its limitations. Anomoly's spell specified "pony" and those frog creatures that were attacking what quantified as pony. So this of course eliminated those that weren't attacking citizens and just menacing structure or, say, lamposts. Most of those, of course, were taken care of by the now sentient sharkpony unless there remained a forgotten lampost-attacker in some out of the way corner. These were beasties of course, not any particular geniuses of their kind.

Speaking of which, one particularly lampost-like individual was Monolith.

He was clearly taking noticeable damage as the young frogling was chewing away distinct holes in his leg and doing the precise amount of damage it expected to. Monolith however did not react in the least to this present mauling he was receiving. At least not emotionally enough to show up on his face. This aside, Monolith might have very well been described as frantic if such a phrase could be applied to one not expressing anything above his usual dull, Preacher-like monotone.

"I am fine, my comrade. I was beseeching this denizen of parts unknown upon an agreement in which we could write upon a signed treatise of demands so that all may come to mutual agreement. Proper Legislation abates all needs.  

We must give Sanctions more time."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@Sekel

Kaltrop looked at Dawn Streak for a moment as if he was questioning his train of thought, looked away and blinked before calmly returning his attention back to the mare, his expression unreadable. Flatly, he responded to her excitement.

"...Their hooves."

Edited by Widdershins
Computor freaked out something fierce there.

@Windy Breeze 🥧

Sorrow had thought that she were going into a bedroom, or maybe some sort of study, but it appeared as if she had managed to hit the bathroom anyway. And uhm.. Vauw,, this place was really messed up.

And she were barely referring to how everything had been seemingly thrown around and either smashed, or torn. That were par for the course in this entire section of the town currently. The literal writing on the wall though, were the sort of thing that really gave some insight into how Autumn's mind worked right now. And it wasn't pretty.

On 9/7/2020 at 9:37 AM, Windy Breeze 🥧 said:

Razor was a wonderful husband.

we met at Griffonstone, he defended me from the other locals, he let me inside his home, i suddenly get that kind of feeling, I could no longer seperate from him, I think he had the same problem as well but he would sometimes stare at me. We soon understand why: we fall in love.

Even though he was poor, he promised me to make us rich, so we moved in to Fillydelpia to-

First off came the start. The beginning of it all, when the two of them had seemingly fallen in love, and he had promised her more than he could offer. A griffon of meager means, falling in love, and wanting to improve things, for the one they cared for? It were as the beginning of a romantic fairy tale. Complete with the suitor and his beloved, being of species that did not historically get along too well with one another.

The smudged part likely contained a good deal more of the positive part of the story. Back when Autumn had only seen what the text showed: Her husband, striving for the best, for her sake. She must have felt like the center of the universe, when he had done so much for her...

If it were true, it made Sorrow sick to think of. Being used all along, just to be murdered by her own husband, were a horrible fate for Autumn. But having one who genuinely care for her, suddenly value coin over her? She didn't want to think of the sort of twisted, rotten to the core being who'd so willingly turn on somepony, he might have loved. At least if it were false the whole way, it were an understandable sort of monster they were dealing with.

And from what came next, it were clear that it wasn't just her, who didn't know how to deal with Razor.

Something odd were going on though, with the writing. Between the ramblings of a mare, fighting her own mind over the pain and betrayal, contra the love she likely still had for him, some of the letters seemed to be capitalized for no real reason.

A F L U U C. Not any combination that she could see right now, that could be made into a known word. Her mind might be a bit scrambled now though, so that could explain it. Or this were a complete coincidence. It were hard to tell, though as she looked it over, one sentence were written, that didn't seem to really fit into this whole back and forth.

On 9/7/2020 at 9:37 AM, Windy Breeze 🥧 said:

It says Scrub me all over, scrub me!

Sorrow looked at this one, puzzled by the meaning of it.

"*Scrub me all over, scrub me!*? I wonder what's that supposed to mean."

@EQ_Theta

On 9/7/2020 at 4:04 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“I… need a moment alone, sister. I’ll be off to the side to gather my thoughts.”

Lin nodded, seeing her brother off before walking back up to Queen Cheshire.

“Queen Cheshire, about what happened back there. When we mentioned that the longma were isolationists, there was a reason why they… we… are that way. I can’t say how accurate this is because the details are muddy but we grew up learning that our ancestors helped build a kingdom with many other creatures, a prosperous future that we were supposed to be a part of. When it was completed, our ancestors demanded to have a say in the kingdom’s matters but they were turned away, threatened and forced to leave. Turns out they were just the laborers.”

“We never had a place in that future, and when the longma learned this, they grew distrustful of anyone who isn’t them ever since.”

Lin didn’t intend for her narration to hold malice toward the queen, but her tone subtly shifted from snide and dismissive of her own kind to one that began to see the revelation. That for all of her disrespectful preconceptions of the longma back home, there was some sense behind their distrust. It may be all the worse for Cheshire, a being that feeds on emotion, to suddenly pick up on this contrast with the rest of the opening festivities. 

“I’m truly sorry for souring the mood but I wanted to explain ourselves. Sen really wants to help the folks back home understand that they can trust other creatures. We’ve met and befriended many wonderful creatures that maybe we ought to take a chance that things will be different this time. And, even if what you showed Sen earlier was scary, I still think changelings are impressive."

Cheshire had looked on in confusion, as Sen had wandered off. Her and her changelings, could easily tell that he were uncomfortable, though not why exactly. Being able to read emotions, did not mean that you were a mind reader as well sadly, and in situations like this, it felt detrimental. Yet there weren't much any of them could do, before Lin went ahead and explained some of what were going on, as best she could.

Something which would make both Cheshire, and several of her changelings, go wide eyed, and let out a collective gasp.

"A legacy of understandable mistrust towards other creatures, and then I... Sweet ancestors, if I had known, I would've never done such an act. I meant only to tease, not play off the worst fear others have about our kind, and amplify it. No wonder he felt so uncomfortable and frightened."

A few of her changelings began trying to tell her that she couldn't have known, but she silenced them with a risen hoof, before any of them got more than a few words in.

"No no. I know you mean well, but this is inexcusable, and he have every right to be mistrustful, and maybe even resentful towards out kind right now. When he is ready, I would like to personally speak further on this with him, and assure him that we mean no harm, as well as educate him the best I can, about how to feel safe from the more invasive of our brethren. There are signs that one can look out for, even among our most cunning, and ways to keep us at bay. Things I do not wish to make wide spread, but a slight have been performed, and I simply cannot allow further fear of our kind to spread. It have been pervasive enough as it is, and kept us all from prospering for far too long.

And that goes for you too. You braved your emotions, but I can feel your emotions too. You too are afraid of what we can do now, aren't you, Lin?"

Cheshire prided herself on being a non-threatening hive, to a point where neither she, nor her changelings, even knew how to fight. And yet now, albeit unintentionally, she had taken part in spreading the very fear of her kind, that she so vehemently despised. A grave sin in her opinion, and not one which were going to stand, had she a say in this.

Mark her words: Be it an hour, or a year, she would ensure that both Sen and Lin became enlightened, and forgave her for her transgression.

And speaking of Sen, he were not alone for long, as he were followed whilst wandering off. Rosa had considered doing so from the very start, and were several steps towards him already, when he bit notice in the fact that he were late to the party, so to speak. Omen had wandered after him, without a word, not much of a pause either. She only briefly halted to look at the large stallion, and when the fireworks confused her. Yet as she could track Sen, she would eventually get to him, wherever he might be. Perhaps in one of the small side alleys nearby, where there were only trash cans, and no tourists to pester him further?

==================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

"Oh, oh! I can get us a driver."

A snap of her tail, and a vine would fire off, out of her right eye socket, and latch to the floor. A few seconds later, she'd rise it, to show that she had gotten them a suitable creature for the job: Reginald, the talking gentleman hamster.

"Might I ask what is happening here?"

"They want someone to stay sober, and you only drink tea and tears."

"Ah, I see. Well, since I am here anyway, I suppose it will be fine."

"Yey! Okay, so waitress pony. He wants a tea, and try to think sad thoughts when you make it. I want a smoothie. Like, made of blended crumbs, ash, and that milk you're not sure whatever or not's starting to become alive yet, waaaay back in the fridge.

Wait! My eye! Get back here you little devious thing!"

And just like that, she'd start to chase after her bouncing eye, as it tried to escape to freedom.

==================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"It seems like magic intrigues him too, so that might be another reason to show off your other form. Beyond the one we discussed earlier, about it maybe preparing him to see what sort of creature he's not supposed to try and eat."

It were kinda fun having a captive audience like this, and it not being related to her trying to scam someone for a change. Though if he liked this, she did feel the want to show off a little beyond just small figures like this, and go to show her signature specialty: Weather manipulation.

The little snow drizzle around her head would go away, and she'd slowly reach a hand up to around shoulder height, palm up. When it were there, sparks of blue and red would begin to dance around her claws, and a small cloud would begin to rise from her hand. it would stop its ascendance, about twenty centimeters up, and after it became roughly the size of her head. She did not need more than this, to show off to some extend.

At first, it would simply be a clear sky. Then it would get darker, and start to rain. As a yellow spark started to dance on her claws, lightning began rolling through the cloud, and a low rumble of thunder would be heard. Barely audible, as nothing struck, but it were there, if you had a fine set of ears on you.

Then suddenly, the lighting stopped, and the ran turned to hail. The yellow spark went away from her hand, and were replaced with a paler, blue one, to control the frozen temperatures.

She'd like to finish it off, by showing the clouds break apart, and showing off a miniature sun, to make it rather pretty, but ergh... She weren't able to do that. She could deal with weather well enough, but trying to manipulate the energies for this sort of thing, were proving annoyingly difficult for her. Fire weren't just fire in this case. It had to be refined, contained, controlled at just the right setting, then stabilized. And that were just making it. Which so far, she only had the grasp off in theory, and with a few poor attempts.

Might be she'd never be abe to get that far, but frankly, she'd still try, as it gave her something to strive towards. She'd never be able to make a new sun (more than likely), but a smaller one, to light her way, and potentially do some harm? It were theoretically possible.

For now though, she'd stop this, by slowly making the cloud lighter again, then return it to her hand, were it got smaller, and smaller, until she clenched the final bit in her hand. A hand which would start to shake, as she opened it, and with a barely visible, pale energy on her claws, would have a half meter tornado swirling in her hand, as if it were nothing. Which it were, she might add. These things had taken her centuries to learn how to control properly, without causing herself harm, or have them go rampant. It were real easy for these things to go out of control.

"Dunno if he liked this, but why spent a millennia training magic, if you're not allowed to show off once in a while?"

@Catpone Cerberus

"And I'm weird for being a crossbreed, and wearing frames with no glasses. We're all one happy, weird bunch!"

Ziggy went over to hug the siren once more, and this time, Agni didn't bother trying to stop her. She seemed to function well with his siren, and she tended to let go... Eventually. It still irked him some, when she got clingy for too long, but it wasn't like he could do much against it. If he tried to do anything against her, Nada would be mad with him, and the one time she yelled at him, had been plenty enough for his taste.

As for the last of their group, she finally managed to get the hair away from her eyes long enough to see the water, and would jump straight in, making a little splash. The water should sort out her fur shortly, and then hopefully, there'd be no more frog goo in her future, staining her poor fur any further.

"I dunno what's so fun about being normal anyway. The unique quirks and character, is what makes us interesting. I dunno why I forgot that for a moment there. Best go find shark pony sometime, and give her a big hug too.

And I don't think you've gone mad, Nada. If you were, then that probably meant none of us were real, and I'm plenty real. Delusions can't give proper big hugs."

Air tight logic in her mind, as well as a reminder that she shouldn't judge others for being weird, such as shark mare. In fact, when she had the chance, she should probably go find her, and present herself as a friend. Somepony had to, right? The poor thing might not have a single one in town right now, and that were just wrong.

=======================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Lyriel were thankful that the spirit did not show herself. Judging by what she had been told, and the frost forming on the jars, she were unlikely to like the encounter. Even now, as this were her frist encounter with ice, she felt it chilled her to the roots, to touch her own jar. An unwelcome sensation, which she had not encountered before, and yet something told her that she would encounter it again another time. The animals had spoken of the concept of *winter* to her, when things got cold. And if this were an indicator, it were going to be a trying time for her, until she found some way to adjust to it.

On 9/7/2020 at 8:40 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I truly don't know." he would say after Lyriel's question "But I can speculate, there is two potential answers I have thought of, either it is related to something I used to know but have forgotten, or it is related to what I am." "First one would explain why I may fear it, as even if I have forgotten something, the emotions connected to it last longer in my memory, but it wouldn't explain why some can feel it and some can't." "Which brings me to the second possibility, I, the ghost and our companion can feel it, but you, and seemingly other creatures can't, so what we have common, that you don't have? Our creation. You, and most of living creatures are born, created the natural way, but we three, two undead and creation of Draconequus, our existence by itself is unnatural, most likely based on some kind of magic." "I don't know what would be the cause for us to feel and fear this presence, but it is most like instinctual."

"The ghost told us something about this mare, apparently Bellflower has once wiped her out of existence, turned her into nothing, but whatever is keeping her here was stronger and she came back." "This of course is a concerning detail, while also arguably quite intriguing, but while I have felt the dread a while before learning this, that power may be related to the cause of the fear." 

"Actually, it might all have something to do with what sort of creations you are.

The spirit and yourself, are undead, as you said yourself, but I think there is more to the nature of the odd creature that have been made, to function as your prize. It too came from inanimate parts, given life, but in a sense, I think it is more related to you, than for something like myself.

As we have seen, I had an adverse reaction to your close proximity at first, due to what I assume are functionally, opposite elements. This one however, are not opposed to you, but rather, attuned so closely, that it have a magical function, which happens on physical contact with you specifically.

I can of course not say for certain, but I think the true source of what makes the spirit and yourself fear that mare, is more related to you two specifically. And then in turn, our companion are simply feeling it too, from being so closely attuned with yourself. And if that were, it could well be that what she represents, is both what you might yearn for, and fear on the same, instinctual level, that all prey have, when faced with their predator: Approaching death. A final, inescapable last moment in this world, before your soul goes to rejoin the great cycle, once more.

*sigh* But as said, I know not what I am speaking of here for certain. I am merely guessing. As you also brought up, something in her power itself, might be resonating on a level that you have long since forgotten, or it might be something else entirely. Mayhaps she is a deity in disguise, and her powers primarily affect those not born and raised. Something tells me that not even she would know for sure, though I am reluctant to go back and ask anytime soon. I would rather not find out if the same thing she could do to the spirit, might also affect myself. I have been through enough physical and mental trauma for a long time in recent days."

As they had moved on, they would finally reach their destination: A small section of the forest, filled with wild growing, walnut trees. About twenty of the them in the small area, with a few critters jumping in the trees, looking for ripe fruit to crack down from the trees. Primarily squirrels, as well as one mimic, whom were recognizable from the other squirrels by her webbed fingers and toes, as well as the membranous skin between the large ears and feet, which allowed her to fly. And it were likely a her, judging by the bow that were tied to the back of her neck, as well as tail.

None of them really bit note in the visitors right now though, so time for them to try and get some walnuts down.

=======================================================================

@Widdershins

"It's eating your leg, Monolith! The foul beast must be removed before it g-"

And further he did not get, before the shark pony came rushing over, grabbed hold of the frog, and bit down. The small yelp from the frog creature, as the rows of sharp teeth latched on to it, were enough to make it let go of Monolith, at which point the odd mare would shake it from side to side, and bash it into the ground a few times, before chowing down with great delight. Only a few bites though, before she let the rest of it go, and looked up at Monolith.

She had her hunger sated enough as it were, but the way her newly developing mind had understood it, she were supposed to chase the frog things. And the frogs were food, whilst the pony things were friends. The word were new, but she had some minor understanding of things, encoded into her brain as she had been tinkered with by Anomaly, and she understood it enough, to know that it meant they were not food. And they weren't threats either, with their small teeth and short tails, chased around by her food. So if they were not food or threats, that meant that they were... Something. She weren't sure what yet, but they weren't food, so she would take the ones first, who tried to make them food. That seemed like the good thing to do.

Depending on the state of Monolith, one of three things would happen.

1. Monolith were bleeding, which would most assuredly draw her attention, and cause her to get in really close, before beginning to lap the blood up. She remembered that ponies were not food, but blood were good. She chased things that bled in the ocean, and liked the smell and taste.

2. Monolith were leaking, but not blood. In which case she would smell to the liquid in confusion, before sneezing. Then she'd start to chase a frog creature, that ran by, attempting to escape from what it now understood, were its unnatural predator. It wouldn't get far.

3. Monolith seemed fine, or at least weren't leaking. In which case, she'd boop her snout into his muscular frame, before chasing after the aforementioned frog. It were her way of showing affection.

No matter the outcome though, if Monolith were wounded, Alonsus would look at the wound with grand worry in his eyes, and heroically go over and rip down a small flag, dangling from the side of a vase, then go over to try and use it for stopping the bleeding. Or leaking. Whatever the case were, he'd try to wrap this up to put pressure on, even if he had to tear it to shreds to do so. He could always seek forgivenes by the flags owner later, if need be. Surely they'd understand.

"Worry not my friend. I, the great Alonsus, shall ensure you will not perish this day! Though I must insist that your new companion here, halts her interaction with your grave wounds."

In case he were simply leaking, and the sharp pony had already taken off, the last half of that would not be spoken. And if he were not seemingly bleeding, Alonsus would merely look at him with concern and wonder, fighting for dominance in his glance, as he looked between where the monster had chomped down into Monolith, and the large stallion himself.

"How is it, that you are not gravely wounded, after such an attack? Have this to do with your true nature?"

Meanwhile, in the store, Straw would loo outside at the spectacle, then over to see Berry had reemerged yet. Which she had not.

Which left him with the option of glancing towards Flit, and clearing his throat a little, to gain the stallion's attention.

"Do you think we should interject?"

========================================================================

@Widdershins @Pastel Heart

Elsewhere in town, not too long from the police station, a frog monster got close to hitting Jelly, as it jumped in from the side, and tried to snap at them. Slimpsy were thankfully faster, but it still made Jelly screech in fear. Afterwards, she'd rush up, and cling to his head, like she tended to do with her daddy, when she were afraid. A sort of desperate attempt to hide behind somepony bigger and stronger. A funny thing to call Slimpsy really, but compared to her, he still technically were.

As she did so, Gary would also fall down, and as he hit Slimpsy's head, would spew out a glob of spiderweb, to have something to cling to. The positive were that he succeeded in that, and managed to climb back up on them, rather than falling on the street.

The bad thing however, were that said web, were also covering Slimpsy's face. As would the big, hairy spider soon be too, whilst the filly were clinging to his head, and disorienting him further. His vision and sense of path, would be impaired.

And wouldn't you know it, the police station were right ahead of them. Literally. He should probably brace for impact. Like Gary did, as he began to move upwards, to avoid getting splattered all over the wall.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Draconequi." The waitress sighed.

She poured Novia some venom from a dragon killer viper. So rare that it existed in like... some other story. Probably in some books. She then made Anomaly's drink. And then Lucid's drink.

Lumen would drink everything in the cellar. Don't worry, Anomaly would pay for it! Isn't that right Anomaly!

"I wanna try author work too!" Novia took the snake the venom was from and through it at Anomaly's author. She was only doing him a service slowly building up the immunity to venom that could take out a dragon with large doses. She was practically saving his life, right?

@Blitz Boom

“Yes, yes, I'll scrub you, dear”

A masculine voice is heard from the bathtub followed by giggles of a mare. Suddenly, the bathroom gradually became clean, removing the writings, then two figures appear: a griffon scrubbing an earth pony mare's stomach. They seemed happy.

“Ah, stop it, hahahahahaha!” Autumn laughed as she tried to beg her husband to stop.

Razor smirked “But you asked for it” he told her “Now, let me clean that dirty flank of yours!”

“I will allow you if you don't tickle me!” the mare glared at him. He pouted.

“Fine...”

Oblivious to them, there are two visitors watching them “So, this was Razor and Autumn before his... betrayal?” she mused.

As she saying this, they heard Razor asked “Do you have any plans today, Dear?”

“Well, I have many plans today” Autumn started “first, I'm going to clean the mess you've done in the living room,” this made the griffin cringe “then I'll go to Sandy's to get some maple syrup, then buy some pancakes, return home, and-”

“Sleep with me?” Razor added.

“Yes...yes sleep with you” Windy rolled her eyes.

The scene suddenly 'shifted' and only Razor was in the bathroom. This time, the handsome griffon seems to be in distress, his face showed both anger and sadness with a few tears soaking his face.

And on the sink is what it seems to be a kitchen knife.

“No...NO, I WON'T DO SOMETHING BARBARIC TO HER!” he screamed at the mirror “SHE DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING, WHY WOULD THEY WANT HER LIFE? WHY ME!?” he glanced at the knife and began to laugh hysterically “Yes, I know how to fix this, there's still another way to spare her of my problem” he grabbed the knife with his knife and points it at his...chest? He was trying to commit suicide!

The knife suddenly dropped and he collapsing into a heap “How dare they,” he sobbed “Even if I die, she'll be followed, I have to give her a less painful way to die” he launched himself to the mirror and yelled “BITS, WHY DOES CURRENCY EXIST, WHY, WHY, WHY!!?

@Blitz Boom

“I’ll be honest… I am. I’ve been dismissive of the longma’s fears of others for a long time being caught between that and the monsters that prey on that fear back home, I wouldn’t know who to trust. I don’t want to put you or your hive at risk if word of what you wish to let my brother know gets out.”

“But there has to be something better than uncertainty and fear. I want to start building bridges with trust, and I know that’s what my brother wants too. I won't stop you from what you wish to do, but let's not throw caution into the wind.”

Lin stretched out one claw, a gesture that she saw most ponies do, one that evokes trust. The understanding that uncertainty comes with opportunities to grow and learn. Most notably, she learned a little more about herself. No way would she fault Queen Cheshire because her fellow changelings were right. Had she known, it would’ve played out differently, but nobody present was a mind reader. 

As for Sen, he found himself running off to the nearest dark corner and hid behind the furthest dumpster he could find. Thankfully, there was a box large enough for him to sit in, cowering as his thoughts fluctuated. It brought him back to those younger days in Canterlot, scrounging for food and bits, barely scraping enough to eat. Those days reminded him of some of the worst experiences, hearing about how pony society being friendly but how that was purely embellishment.

For every good memory he’s had of other creatures, there were about two others that could convince him of the futility of his task. That fear the longma back home was compounded, knowing they had a point. That scared him. Frankly, it was Omen’s arrival that got him out of his thoughts, if only for a moment.

“They’re right… For all their suspicions, they’re right,” Sen’s voice wavered, feeling the weight of the truth on his mind. “I dismissed them because I thought they were taking it too far but the longma back home knew more than me. I’m such a fool. How could I have overlooked that? Seeing things the way they saw other creatures…”

“Oh, Omen. You’ve caught me thinking out loud. And beating myself over it. I understand why the folks back home are wary of outsiders. As much as Cheshire turning into me was terrifying, I learned something ugly about myself.”

@EQ_Theta

On 9/10/2020 at 4:17 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“I’ll be honest… I am. I’ve been dismissive of the longma’s fears of others for a long time being caught between that and the monsters that prey on that fear back home, I wouldn’t know who to trust. I don’t want to put you or your hive at risk if word of what you wish to let my brother know gets out.”

“But there has to be something better than uncertainty and fear. I want to start building bridges with trust, and I know that’s what my brother wants too. I won't stop you from what you wish to do, but let's not throw caution into the wind.”

Cheshire wouldn't hesitate, and wandered forward to meet Lin's claw, with the tip of her smooth shoe.

"It is only how to harm us ruthlessly, that I want to remain in a closed circle. By all means, tell as many as you wish about anything else, that either of you might learn from me. Enlightenment is the only way the fears and prejudice is going to end, as rumors and fairy tales, are only breeding ground for more distrust. They're often wildly exaggerated, and only shows things from one angle. Propaganda really, which will continue, as long as those tall tales are all others have to go by."

"As the saying goes: Knowledge is power."

"Urgh, I don't care for power. I just want everypony to stop fearing changelings. Despite what it might've looked like, I were just trying to have a bit of fun, and playing on expectations. Not cause any sort of harm or discomfort.

I swear, ever since Chrysalis reared her ugly head out of the shadows, the rest of us have had to thread even more careful. We went from something akin to an urban legend, used to scare foals from wandering around in dark alleys, to love-stealing monsters, hellbent on dragging your loved ones away and taking their place. Whatever's happening to her in Tartarus, is not nearly enough, for ruining it for so many of us Equestrian hives. She is our Queen Onache, or worse yet, Queen Dementia."

A collective shiver went through her, and her changelings, at the last name spoken.

"The less one knows of her, the better."

"A sentiment that will be shared regarding Chrysalis too, I can imagine. Though one who're best remembered, lest you forget the past, rather than learn from it."

"Exactly. It's a pain in the flank sometimes. But we're doing our part at least, by being open, inviting others in, and sharing what we can, with whomever asks. Information to strangers, and to our own kin, who might be struggling: Shelter, food, and a promise that they are not forgotten or hated by everypony. There's far, far too many hiveless struggling these days... But I don't mean to drag you down with this. Lin? until Sen returns, might you have questions for, or about, our kin? Might be there are things you'd rather go tell him yourself, and prefer that we stayed away for a while. It's okay if it is. I'd understand it."

It'd hurt a bit, but sure, she got that she had messed up, and it might be best that they didn't cross paths again right off the bat.

And speaking of Sen, Omen had calmly approached him in the alley he hid in, and heard what he had been saying. Seemingly to himself, since he appeared to be surprised that she were there afterwards, and tried to explain himself. This meant he had a bad time, yes?

On 9/10/2020 at 4:17 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“They’re right… For all their suspicions, they’re right,” Sen’s voice wavered, feeling the weight of the truth on his mind. “I dismissed them because I thought they were taking it too far but the longma back home knew more than me. I’m such a fool. How could I have overlooked that? Seeing things the way they saw other creatures…”

“Oh, Omen. You’ve caught me thinking out loud. And beating myself over it. I understand why the folks back home are wary of outsiders. As much as Cheshire turning into me was terrifying, I learned something ugly about myself.”

"Master Discord used to tell me something, when he ruled Equestria. About when others called you ugly."

Omen tilted her head, giving it a moment as she went over the words in her memory, just to make sure she had grasped it correctly, before sharing her master's wisdom.

"No one is uglier, than those judging others."

Some of Discord's actual wisdom words here, that he had imparted Omen with, once upon a time. She weren't sure if it applied here though, but she heard him say he thought himself ugly, and this came to mind. It were the best she had to offer.

"Then he called the ponies fart heads, and put masks on them."

And there, it started to seem like actual Discord. Considering how petty and judgmental he were himself, it weren't like he could back up the first thing much either. Not that he had to either, in his mind. He was the ruler of Equestria, and the ponies should be happy to have such a benevolent, fun loving leader, who were most definitely handsome. His own words, though Omen still didn't know what benevolent meant. She assumed it were some other word for snake.

"Did it confuse you, when she turned into you and Lin? It was not you. Not Lin either. I could smell the real one. So it was just a mask, yes? You are still you."

She were trying to help the best she could, but considering how bad she were at emotions, she basically only had two guesses. Try and talk, and see if something worked, and hugging. The latter one worked a lot with ponies, for some reason. Though she still didn't get why, exactly.

=================================================================================

@Windy Breeze 🥧

The first *scene* made Sorrow feel sadder about things. If she hadn't known where it had lead to, this could easily have brought a mile on her face, as she saw this little spar between lovers. A cute little couple time, which honestly, they should not have been present to, at this were clearly something private.

However... As she knew a little more, the context of what were to come, it just made this seem all the more tragic. An odd couple, eventually torn apart by the worst kind of betrayal that anypony could put their spouse through. A betrayal which chained her to this world, in confusion, misery, and so much horrid, anger-fueled pain. This might look like an idyllic pair, but in the end, they had been far from it. She only wish that this were not just a memory, but a portal into the past, that she might warn Autumn to stay away from Razor.

*sigh* Though why would she believe some crazy sounding mare, over her own husband? She were too much in love at this time, to have been willing to believe anything as horrid as what were going to be, coming from him.

On 9/10/2020 at 2:31 AM, Windy Breeze 🥧 said:

The knife suddenly dropped and he collapsing into a heap “How dare they,” he sobbed “Even if I die, she'll be followed, I have to give her a less painful way to die” he launched himself to the mirror and yelled “BITS, WHY DOES CURRENCY EXIST, WHY, WHY, WHY!!?

At first, this scene had caught her by surprise, to say the least. Had he actually struggled with what had been told him, to a point where he thought it smarter to try and end his own life, rather than hers? It were a far more grey area at that point then. Yet when he started to yell in the mirror, Sorrow's brow would furl, and she felt a bubbling anger start to rise at this ... This horrible griffon.

"You didn't have to do Anything to her! You could have left all of this behind, and run away. Or if you were afraid, then go to the guards, and turn yourself in. Snitch on them, and take your punishment, to save her. There's countless things you should have tried here. You could have lured them into a trap, paid off a fixer to deal with this kind of problem, or hay, fake your own deaths. You chose to Kill her, because You didn't want to... to..."

Sorrow had to stop, and grab her own head, as she keeled over. It almost seemed as if she were in pain, though in actuality, she were trying to calm herself down again. This place were a murky pool of anger. If she started to fall into it, she might get completely lost. She had just about realized that she had begun taking the first few steps into that pond, when she heard her own, angry voice, capitalize the very same things, that Autumn's soul might well do.

The sentiment were still right though. There were so many other things he could have done, to try and save Autumn. He just had to give up this opulence, and accept his punishment for whatever deeds he had been part of. Or as said, get hold of a fixer. With the sleazebags he ran around with, he'd surely be able to get hold of somepony, who knew somepony, who knew somepony, who had a brief encounter with somepony who might know somepony. Or however it went. Fixers were fickle creatures to get a tie to. Especially the good ones, and they did not come cheap, from what she knew. Maybe if this place had been sold off though, there would have been hope. A far better solution than giving up this easily.

"...He didn't have to do this. There were so many other things they could have tried, but he just... Resigned to doing this. And for what? For this life? What is it worth, when the price is paid in blood?"

=========================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

FBwpf+9fåg0awbgbåaowb!

"Hey, I caught my eye again. It jumped over behind the counter, and started to try and hide as an ice cube. Sneaky thing couldn't trick me though.

...What's with the silence? Have you been bored, and tormented the monkey thing again? No fair! I wanted to go and see something with that too.

Though he looks pretty okay. Y'know, if you ignore the swelling, and the ambulance folk- Hey look, that paramedic is nicking his wallet.

Awh, phooey. He got caught. Oh well, we'll make sue without him until he's back. Not that we need him anyway, right?

What did you do to him anyway? Did you throw snakes at him again? He looks funny when you do that.

And hey, what's that I'm reading about paying for stuff? I told you, I have a few hundred in the punching box. You drink for more than that, you gotta pay the rest. Maybe you should go rob a noble or something? They're lame and boring anyway. Who'd care?

*sniff* sniff* You didn't put weird stuff in my drink, did you? I'm married now. I can't have strangers try and poison me anymore. That's our special little fun time activity, hehe."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

"Nobles have feelings too! Rich people with money and time are so oppressed! Every 60 seconds in Canterlot, a noble's child gets a trust fund."

"Oh no!"

"Yeah, no putting stuff in Anomaly's drink and having her watching knockoff movies! She's a married... thing. Only I can watch movies with her!"

He turned as if to face an audience watching tv.

"What else are we supposed to do? Movies are a very special thing between couples, dontcha know?"

@Blitz Boom

Windy came to Sorrow and hugged her, this was indeed a sad and horrid way to end a relationship- No, this was like working hard to receive the blood money stained with of course Autumn's blood, his own wife, who was extremely faithful to him, this wasn't even a crime of passion, it was done by force.

The scene suddenly shifted to a more gloomy one, which was devoid of any lights, Razor cowering by the bathtub.

“I....did it?” there was no emotion in his voice, it was just monotone “Autumn is...lost forever?” he looked at his talons, now stained with blood, then he look up to reveal a bruised face with multiple slashes, possibly done by  himself, even his beak have on slash “But even after that, they still went for her and my family” he let out a sad chuckle, but to Windy, it sounded as if he's going to cry “I hope they die a terrible way. because of them, Sorrow will never forgive me, she will despise me forever” he stood up and walked out of the bathroom leaving the door slightly open. A blood trail suddenly appeared, leading outside and to one of two bedrooms which happens to be Razor's. Thunders and the pour of rain can be heard from inside the room, as well as the sound of what it sounds to be raging currents of water.

The thunder part did made Windy jump.

Edited by Windy Breeze 🥧

@Blitz Boom
Charir looked in awe at the show and used his senses to figure out if it was real or just an illusion, too wary to actually try and touch anything. "Our kind has mostly forgotten magic, seeing it as a tool of a weakling, our mother included, so what you are doing is something Charir has most likely never even though about, and our young is endlessly curious like most creatures' are." Ruby explained, and when Leviathan would eventually stop, Charir would look around a bit to see if it really was over or if she had just moved it somewhere else."Weather magic especially is unspoken of for most of our kind, as we are believers of natural order, though we have done that at some point of time too, since there was several spells relating to that." "Just remember to keep it in small sizes for now, we don't want him to get scared of you too." 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
"Normal by itself is also a flawed concept, since it's question of perspective." Nada said thoughtfully "Let's take Agni and you for example, clocks and other things made by ponies are normal to you, because you have grown up among them, but for Agni, something like a clock with a bird inside it is a very weird thing."  "And if I was seeing things, wouldn't that be exactly what my hallucinations would say? that they are not hallucinations?" again her tone told that she wasn't being serious, though her mental health was something one should really consider, since millennia of isolation can't be good for anyone.

--------------------------------------------
Scarecrow nodded "Death and undeath are things that not many understand, even we who have experienced it don't know much about it, so all we can do is guess, but I think your may be right when it comes to our companion, and other than that, I can't agree or disagree, since every theory is possible one." 

He looked around when they arrived to their destination "We have walnuts, now we just need a phoenix we can communicate with." getting the walnuts shouldn't be a problem, since Scarecrows magic hadn't at least yet been limited in any way, so he would just be able to levitate some down, and though his magic looked as rotten as he was, it didn't do anything to the walnuts that would make them bad. And the 'bird' could always grab some if everything else failed.

@Blitz Boom

This wasn't just any Dream Warden, but the he'd been referring to earlier.  Rising wasn't entirely sure how Dream Warden shifts worked or how it was determined which pony's dreams they would monitor.  Did she just handle all the dreams in Manehatten?  Or was the Dream Realm far more abstract than that?  His limited information only rewarded him with the knowledge that each dreamer had a door in the Dream Realm when one wanted to enter.  Beyond that, it was a mystery for Princess Luna and her Dream Wardens.  This mare was the most frequent Dream Warden he knew worked his dreams, or whatever group of dreams he belonged to.  Only being the second time he'd actually seen her, her magic was unmistakable.  Dark purple threads with the purest white strands that wove between the threads like living light.  It was quite breath taking a very beautiful magic.  The mare was quite cute herself as well.  "I also sense magic," he added to her complaint about being unfair, even for a lucid dreamer.

Interrupted by his visitor from a far away land though who fluttered in to explain what was going on.  Well, no point in beating around the bush he supposed.  Also quite evident in her surprised expression at the sight of a speaking moth that this wasn't what she was expecting from her investigation.  Kudos to her though for so easily picking out a being that didn't belong in a dream that was his.  Something about the avatar must have triggered in the spell matrix that allowed her to walk dreams that identified the moth as foreign or at least as a fellow walker.  A walker that wasn't a pony from Equestria.  "I'm Loona Dew... Goddess?" she inquired, of course that's what she latched on first, instead of the whole taking control of his dream thing.  A concept she wouldn't be as familiar with than Rising.  For as she knew, the avatar could be one of the many creatures that walked the Dream Realm and somehow got into Rising's door.

Rising raised a hoof to gain her attention again before things went south.  "Check with the Lunar Guard.  Captain Minty Lice Snow Delice of the O.M.I. would have filed a report about my ventures into the far away land Harrowmark.  This is a result of our first diplomatic encounters.  I assure you, I am safe," he offered with a smile.  And if wasn't for the fact she knew him to be a lucid dreamer, she'd have thought him... well dreaming of such an adventure.  Loona appeared at a lose for words as he eyes flicked between the odd pair.  He'd offer her some water, but he wasn't quite sure how well a Dream Warden could be affect by such things.  Sure, when he dreams of drinking something, his body slumbering in his bed will salivate a bit to mimic the feeling.  "I'll... I'll need to check with... somepony... the Lunar Guard!," her mind spun.  She was use to fighting off nightmares and helping ponies understand their dreams.  This was a bit out of her element.  "Please don't do anymore... curtain pulling... It rattles nearby dreams," she warned.  Rising nodded, "We'll be more careful."  Loona spun and dissolved into sparkling dust, leaving behind a tapestry that marked the ending of her spell, likely off to go speak with the Lunar Guard.  His attention fixated on the beautiful spell left behind and the dashing white lights that danced between the threads.

Flare Blitz nodded, "Magic these days is becoming more widespread beyond the simple levitation or light spell.  With expanded use means more chance for abuse."  The agents stowed their badges away as the molten mare rambled on.  Her and Molotov would get along swimmingly.  "There was a recent attack on Manehatten from dark forces.  The Solar Guard are a little jumpy," Starbright wrote notes in her little note book at a brisk pace.  Just because she couldn't understand a lick of what she was saying didn't mean somepony else at the O.M.I. couldn't.  By this point Flare Blitz had returned his hat to his head.  He didn't know much about science, but he knew well enough to ask the question, "Is this a result of arcane magics or alchemy?" the southern pony asked.

These were the types of magics the O.M.I. wanted to help prevent.  It had happened so long ago, pity.  A strange result from body manipulate magic, but not the worst.  Usually the deformities were vastly more intense or right out lethal.  Cork looked over herself as she was sniffed at, not thinking her perfume was all that noteworthy for a  normal day's work.  Gold Mane and Cork looked at each other as Omen expressed her like of the latter's magic.  With a good amount of detail at that too.  "You can sense magic?" she asked.  The only pony they knew who could offer such thoughts on another pony's magic was Rising Dusk.  Such a rare gift, The Captain would love to hear about another pony with that particular ability.  "Aww, why thank you darling," Cork a little less interested in the ability itself so much as the compliment she received about her magic.  "Just to keep everypony safe while we find out what sent the Solar Guard off... and now we know why," she rolled her eyes.  Panicking over being asked directions from a pony.  Okay, to be far the ground of public indecency were still in question.  But if she was going to compliment Cork's magic, who was she to argue a little bit of a grisly sight.  "Have you considered a glamour darling?  They are becoming more and more popular these days," Corked offered.  This is her first trip to the city," Gold Mane pointed out.  "Oh... right."

"Ms. Omen, can you take us to where you arrive.  I'm rather interested in this mirror that brought you here," Gold Mane knew a spy glass when she heard one, and they weren't kindly appreciated in Equestria.  "We'll get you something.. more palatable along the way," Cork added.  Poor girl was eating garbage, from a lack of understanding based on her magic being able to transport money through a two way mirror portal.

@Blitz Boom

“I was scared. If any creature could take on my appearance so flawlessly, what’s to stop them from eventually replacing me? Anyone who doesn’t know the changelings will continue believing that their friends or family are still them, not realizing that it’s someone else.”

“Not everyone has a strong sense of smell like yours. If a longma or a pony doesn’t know a changeling has transformed into a lookalike, how could they tell the difference? I firmly believed that being open to meeting other creatures was a good thing for the longma, but I found out that I only saw things my way, not theirs. They were right to be wary. Wouldn't you also feel the same towards any creature you don't know anything about?”

Sen stayed in his corner, slowing his breathing now that he could confide his worries. The realization of his rather selfish perspective settled in, but he wondered if he was ever in a position to make a choice that would’ve worked better had more longma agreed to it. The word of an elder carried a lot of weight, but he was just one of many others; that was only a fraction of the system of leadership ingrained in the old ways. It wasn’t much if one voice expressed a radical view among others who still followed tradition. Going by Ghilan’s words and the recent revelation that the council of elders were… concerned, it did not bode well for the young elder. 

That’s not to say that Sen was solely preoccupied with his thoughts. He greatly appreciated Omen’s attempts at helping, and her story about Discord putting masks on ponies did get a slight chuckle out of him. It was just wrangling with his newfound understanding and the upsetting implications it had on his hopes didn’t sit well the more he thought about them.

Meanwhile, Lin smiled and shook Cheshire’s hoof. Despite being terrified of her display earlier, she is already more than convinced that the changeling queen meant no harm and has forgiven her. All that she said was enough for the longma to know that her sentiments are genuine, and that they could be more open with sharing information about themselves. 

The longma didn’t think it was necessary to bring up the names of the changeling queens Cheshire mentioned, having seen the look of disdain and their reactions to even mentioning them. There are enough unsavory thoughts going around, and it would be better to move the conversation in another direction. 

“My brother… He needs time to collect his thoughts. From how things went back there, I think it was a lot more than just being scared. He’s the type who tends to think deeply about a lot of things, and it may have caused him to… overthink. I suppose I do have one question that I know both of us are curious about. Let’s say a changeling takes on my appearance. How can someone tell the difference between the real me and a changeling? Especially if the changeling is behaving exactly the way I do?”

@Rising Dusk

On 9/12/2020 at 1:45 PM, Rising Dusk said:

"I'm Loona Dew... Goddess?"

"𝕸𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖆𝖑𝖘, 𝖕𝖗𝖊𝖋𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖔 𝖈𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖒𝖊 𝖁𝖎𝖟'𝖓𝖆𝖞."

Again, with the idea of titles, that seemed mostly important to them. She employed it when talking to them, if it were needed, yet she always simply thought of herself by name. Her stand, title- All such things, were for the benefit of mortals to use. And since this one were new to her presence, it seemed like she may as well share this moniker with her, and let her deal with it, as she saw fit.

That being said, she would extended a passive offer, for the mare to call her by title, or merely name, as most did. It mattered little to her though it appeared to confuse the mare somewhat. Judging by what came later from her, it were also something she needed to check up on, as she weren't sure how to deal with this. Considering what she had learned of Equestria, Viz'nay were not surprised. The concept of deities, seemed so tragically unknown to them. Or perhaps fortunately? Gods could be beneficial, yet so too could they be destructive. There were never any guarantee.

She did hear a name that resonated with her though. She had heard the name through Thistle, and listened in, on the mare's voice. A powerful presence, which sparked near and in Oaksbrook a few times, before she vanished with their savior. One who were beyond the goddess reach, though perhaps someone she would like to know more of. In questions only though, as it seemed her actions so far, were not welcome, no matter how subtle she found them to be.

"Please don't do anymore... curtain pulling... It rattles nearby dreams," she warned.  Rising nodded"We'll be more careful."

"𝕴 𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝕴 𝖍𝖆𝖉 𝖎𝖙 𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖉. 𝕴𝖙 𝖘𝖊𝖊𝖒𝖘 𝖒𝖞 𝖕𝖔𝖜𝖊𝖗𝖘 𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖔𝖔 𝖜𝖊𝖆𝖐𝖊𝖓𝖊𝖉, 𝖎𝖋 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖕𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖉𝖘 𝖇𝖊𝖞𝖔𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖉𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖒. 𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝖈𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖊𝖑𝖑 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖕𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕴 𝖜𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖜𝖆𝖎𝖙 𝖚𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖑 𝕴 𝖆𝖒 𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖊, 𝖇𝖊𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖊 𝖉𝖔𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖘𝖔 𝖆𝖌𝖆𝖎𝖓."

She barely had a chance to speak, before the warden were gone, leaving behind a glittering aftermath. One which Rising found interesting for it's makeup, whereas Viz'nay fluttered over and mingled in the glittering light, since well... She were a moth. She did have a certain affection for such glittering lights, and her temples tended to have baubles of those hanging around, to appease her, and her children. At least that is what they called the primal moths. In reality of course, they weren't of a direct lineage, but they were favored by her. That much were true. She found them a fitting representation of herself, to some extend.

"𝖄𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖌𝖆𝖟𝖊 𝖉𝖎𝖉 𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖑𝖊𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖘 𝖘𝖍𝖊 𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖉, 𝕽𝖎𝖘𝖎𝖓𝖌. 𝕻𝖊𝖗𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖘 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖘𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖛𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖚𝖊 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖆𝖌𝖊? 𝕬 𝖜𝖎𝖘𝖊 𝖈𝖍𝖔𝖎𝖈𝖊 𝕴 𝖜𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖐. 𝕾𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖊𝖊𝖒𝖘 𝖘𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖈𝖆𝖕𝖆𝖇𝖑𝖊, 𝖎𝖓 𝖜𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖘𝖍𝖊 𝖎𝖘 𝖉𝖔𝖎𝖓𝖌. 𝖄𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖇𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖊 𝖈𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝖇𝖊 𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖓𝖊𝖘𝖘."

"Magic these days is becoming more widespread beyond the simple levitation or light spell.  With expanded use means more chance for abuse."

"A situation which requires a suitable response, by capable hooves. I completely agree with the sentiment. I just didn't think the governing body had the foresight to start it. No disrespect to princess Celestia, but she can be somewhat... Slow to adjust to the changing times. I imagine that is less a matter of incompetence on her behalf though, and merely a side effect of a substantially extended life span. Time gets more fluent in that situation, I would imagine.

And I am sorry to hear that you have had a recent attack. I deliberately stayed clear of Ponyville for that exact matter actually, as I were originally interested in hearing what Princess Twilight might think of my situation, but they had recent attacks again. I figured my presence might cause some brows to furl. It seems my timing in this town, were not much better."

A sad situation, but she supposed, it could have gone worse. She caused a few individuals to run off, her getting reported, and a few stones had some melting holes in them. It were far from as bad as she had calculated could happen, had she gone to Ponyville, and things had started to get out of control. So it were likely still best that she had chosen this town instead.

"Is this a result of arcane magics or alchemy?"

Ah yes, and here came the question she were waiting for. An understandable one of course, considering everything. Now how best to explain this...

"In a sense, both. Center Zero are- Were, a collection of many brilliant scientists, doing many kinds of studies. I were an assistant to Professor Ravenfold, as he were studying transmutation, in the alchemy labs. He managed to get hold of a piece of an elemental, which we were trying to use in our studies, to see if this held good properties. Elementals are fickle creatures, and getting hold of any of their essence, without it being inert, is difficult, so I know not how he managed it.

*hrrrmp* But in any case, I were brought in to ensure that the piece remained stable throughout the process, due to my proficiency with fire related magic, objects, and barriers of varied kinds. The experiment were looking well too. The container held, the material were undergoina fascinating change, and then... Well, elementals are fickle as I said, and my assumptions is that the piece the professor got, were not given with kindness in mind, considering it began to go through a chain reaction. Potentially stolen in fact, which they do most certainly not appreciate. So a flare up started to happen, which expends all the energy it contains, into a final showing. I managed to keep it contained while the others went and got the flame retardants, but it just build and build, as there were no release for the raw energies, beyond going into the transmutation tank... Which we forgot to cut off from it.

I only remember a sound of broken glass from my right, and then feeling as if my bones were boiling, before darkness befell me. I woke up three weeks later in a containment tank, like this.

At best the professor and anypony else can guess, the chemical reaction and imbalance of the suddenly roaring inferno of energy, overcharged the mixture, and caused it to explode. Some reaction seemingly happened when it came into contact with me, and well... In essence, I have become the experiment. A transmutation, that have seemingly changed me into a kind of fire elemental. A lava variant, which are a high grade one at least.

I could show you the math, but I have checked through, and tested it time and time again. It is the only outcome that makes sense. There are too many things that does not fit with me bring flesh and blood. ase in point, how you saw my back crack, and what were beneath. Using some specialized materials, I can confirm that such heat permeates throughout, and only gets more intense towards where my heart used to be. My core now, I assume."

"You can sense magic?"

"Well, I can smell it, and the emotions in it, so kind of? I can't see it, or manipulate the magic though. Not that anyone realistically could do such a thing either. Can you imagine the kind of crazy strong being that would be? We're talking prime alarm bells going off."

Man, just imagine, someone that could sense, see, and interact with magic... Each of those were powerful on their own, but the full package? There should be reason to worry there, as a being who had that, were going to be a force to be reckoned with. Likely a vile one too, since that were the powerset of a conqueror. At least in her opinion. Though hey, if that sorta being did exist, who knew? Could against all odds, also be a benevolent creature. Even though of course, she doubted anyone existed that were like that. The word would be everywhere about them.

"Aww, why thank you darling," Cork a little less interested in the ability itself so much as the compliment she received about her magic.  "Just to keep everypony safe while we find out what sent the Solar Guard off... and now we know why," she rolled her eyes.  Panicking over being asked directions from a pony.  Okay, to be far the ground of public indecency were still in question.  But if she was going to compliment Cork's magic, who was she to argue a little bit of a grisly sight.  "Have you considered a glamour darling?  They are becoming more and more popular these days," Corked offered.  This is her first trip to the city," Gold Mane pointed out.  "Oh... right."

"It really is nice. Most magic I smell is full of malice. It smells kinda like a rotten apple, that someone dropped in swamp water for a week. It reeks  big time.

And I know some sort of glamour, but... Do I have to? It feels so wrong to hide myself, just because a few others gets kinda iffy about it all."

*sigh* But she supposed, this was their home, not hers, and she should try and accommodate things. At least until she were in a more private setting, with less eyes on her.

Her eyes started to flicker again, as she cast her spell, and her body began to grow darker. And more shiny, to a point where it almost seemed she were polished.

Her body grew less see through, as her skin hardened, and the hairs went flat on her body. It were a short progress, which took only a few seconds, and afterwards, they'd see a white mare in front of them, though the glamour were not what they might think. As if you focused your eyes, or even touched her, you'd find that her hide had turned to metal. It weren't see through, and it were seemingly flexible, as her movements weren't impaired by this - evident as she rose a hoof and bonked on her noggin a few times, to show what had happened to her - so it were technically an improvement. They might also recognize this as a fairly good version of a spell, from the category of body manipulation magic. Most who did this, got stiff as a board, and it were only meant to make them able to take a hit, before turning back. Most also just looked grey, so she had some color control. That were something too.

"Alright, this is better, yes? For you anyway. I miss the nice, soft feeling of the dress already. It feels weird on this sort of skin. Peh, everything does really. There's a reason I barely ever do this. It feels wrong to do in the long run. And it eats through like, a ton of magic."

"Ms. Omen, can you take us to where you arrive.  I'm rather interested in this mirror that brought you here," Gold Mane knew a spy glass when she heard one, and they weren't kindly appreciated in Equestria.  "We'll get you something.. more palatable along the way,"

"Yeah sure. It's pretty much just outside the shop. I'll show you. I dunno what you think is wrong with this round food though. It tastes great, and since someone else clearly didn't want it, then that's a win for me."

She'd daintily start to wander outside, to show them to full length mirror, which stood near the dumpster she had mentioned, about five meters from the shop. It were inert now, but there were still a small bit of magic clinging to it. Residue more specifically, speaking of some sort of spell being latched to it momentarily.

As for why said mirror had been tossed out: The frame appeared to have cracked in the top. A small thing, but apparently, someone felt like a perfectionist.

====================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"If I think he's threatened, I make no promises. When it's just him, I can keep it small scale, but if I think his life is in danger, I will rain the fury of the heavens, down on whoever dares to try."

Leviathan were a kind dragon, who cared deeply for her own kind, but that still played into one of her baseline traits: She were highly emotional. A byproduct of her mixed heritage, and like water dragons, she also had a certain feeling of possessiveness. So if there were someone who say, tried to take Charir away from her, she'd get emotional. Violently so, more than likely.

When he in the future had to take a mate, that might make her seem a bit like an overprotective mother at times, as she'd scoff at anyone he'd get attached to, but that hypothetical were for the future. Right now, it were all just a matter of her not wanting him to get hurt, and therefor using what tools she had at her disposal, to keep him safe. It also mean that for the time being, she'd stop the magic for a bit, to save it up. Just in case the hunter(s) outside were feeling like trying something against her dear companions, on he- Their, territory.

"Ponies manipulate their weather a lot, and they really dislike it when said order is tampered with. To a point where I have been asked directly, to please stay away from Cloudsdale, wherein their main weather machine lies. Not that I'd go there either. Only to scoff at their trick if it were, since I think it's better to do it with real magic, and just interject at times, where it seems it is desperately needed. The weather should mostly be allowed to do as it pleases. Though you'd be amazed how pleased some beings gets, when you dissipated a tornado coming their way. It have gotten me some interesting things and pampering, every now and again.

As for your kin and magic... I think it more likely that the way f thinking on it as weak, sprung from fear at some point. Physical strength is easy to understand, but magic gives an edge, that you can't predict. if I were the sort who went around and primarily dealt with things by tearing into them, I'd consider magic to be cheating. I'd hate it, from a groundbed of fear. A warranted one too. But that's just a guess anyway."

For CHarir's amusement, she'd relent, and make another cloud, though this one, she'd gently blow towards him. It would move at a snail's pace, so he could do what he wished towards it. Tear into it, poke it, stay clear, whatever he chose. It were a harmless, tiny little thing, moving both slowly and predictably. It were utterly harmless.

================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"If you're crazy, then at least your mental breakdown have friends in it. That's a nice sort of crazy to go through, I'd say. Though I'm still fairly sure that we're real."

She could go and have an existential crisis right about now it seemed... But eh, that sounded kinda sour and bad. Not something she'd like to go through at all. Plus again, she were fairly sure she were real, and would just keep thinking that, and assume that Nada were sort of paranoid. Though even if she weren't, then what was the point of worrying about it? Best to just live life to the fullest, and assume it were all real.

"And you're right on the perspective part, it does depend on the eyes that sees. Hehe, could you imagine what would be considered normal for Discord? Draconequui are infamous for making things weird, so his normal is probably something really bizarre.

Anyway, the town have gotten out of a crisis, and nopony have been eaten. Sounds like a good day so far, though do you have any plans? Must be something riveting you'd want to do now, like celebrating. Inside likely, but still."

The sound of trumpets and cheering were heard outside, which seemed almost like it were timed to hit with the sentence.

"Sounds like Pinkie's throwing another party out there. She's a relentless sort about these things, hehe."

=======================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Getting the walnuts down would be a problem. In fact, there'd be around a dozen of them, drizzling down in front of them, curtsy of the mimic, who'd shake them off one of the branches, before getting closer.

Within a few meters though, she'd stop up, and focus her gaze on the trickster in their middle. Her back would arc back then, and she'd open her maw wide open, in a contest with this other predator. Considering the small squirrel-like creature's maw, could open up to a point where a pony's head could easily fit in, and there were several rows of small, yet sharp teeth, this tended to work. Not on their unnamed companion though, who just responded, by spreading its wings to the side, and expose it's fangs at the creature.

This would go on for a few seconds, before they'd both relent. Right after the hissing from the mimic, and the hollow gurgle of whatever their bird/spider companion were, had commenced. It seemed they had showed off both, that they were up the food chain, and as such, gave a subtle warning to each: I am not food. I can hurt you.

...The subtle part of that, were debatable.

That being said, the mimic would jump down after this, and go over, to push the walnuts towards their group. Except for the one she held in her hand. That was hers to gnaw crack, and enjoy the nuts within.

"Thank you for this, little one. That is most kind."

She would start to chitter at Lyriel, who had to shake her head, with a sad expression going over her face.

"I'm sorry little one. The draconequus have taken my ears. I cannot understand your words."

The mimic then pulled a long sewing needle out of her tail, which caused the trickster to be a little more alert, until he saw that she'd use the thick end of it, to write on the ground. Or well, draw, more exact. A figure of a bird, a flame, and an arrow, pointing them north-west. A little roughly looking all of it, but it still got through pretty well.

"Oh.... Well, I thank you for this, little one. Even if I knew where they resided, it is still kind of you to try and help. Even if I am surprised to see another of you here."

At the word *another*, the mimic would start pointing at herself, then around, and shrugging her shoulders. Then she'd look expectantly towards Lyriel once more.

"...I can guess what you mean. When this is over, and I once more have my senses, I will try and make you connect to one another. I owe you as much, for helping us here."

The little one would clap her small paws, then start chewing calmly on the walnut she had cracked for herself. seemed like not all of the forest were wary of them, after all. Hopefully that would extend to the phoenixes.

===================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

"We haven't watched any movies yet. He's been busy trying to deal with the crab pigeons and squid monkeys, and me dealing with the kids. Henry's still adapting to things, and Rose needs a lot of attention too. She's finally learning not to destroy everything on sight, but be more choosy in it. He's really been helping her a lot with that, and I'm sorta hoping I can take her to the mainland one of these days now. Just one big, happy family trip. You can come too. You're sorta like family too. Annoying cousins or something, hehe.

Our bestest fun time were trying to figure out the best sort of creature to hunt ducks. I dunno what to call her yet, but she's got the prettiest eyes. All fifteen of them, are full of devious joy. It's great.

...Well, narrator person isn't back yet, so just gonna write that I drink my stuff, and it's yummy. Could use some shaved tail hairs, but still good. I'm sure the audience were dying to know. The tough celebrity life, right?

And heeey, I got an idea! You say lots of noble kids get trust funds? Wanna go show them that they can't trust them, so they learn... A lesson? I dunno which one, but I bet there's a lesson somewhere. Maybe about money, or family, or stuff. Ponies love learning lessons like that."

====================================================================================

@Windy Breeze 🥧

"I think we're starting to influence the memory. I've never seen this griffon before today, and yet he used my name. I'm not sure if this part is real or not. Maybe it's Autumn's guess of what happened, that's getting blurred into reality, because we're getting so close?"

It would be weird of Autumn to know everything that had happened, unless she had taken memories from some involved. As this had seemingly only involved Razor though, there were just 3 things that could mean.

1. She were guessing how it went, which made at least half of everything they had seen involving him, in their house, somewhat questionable.

2. She had already gotten him, and taken his memories that way. Just too late to stop her spirit from remaining vengeful, and blind to the fact that he were already gone.

3. He had confessed this to her, before she died, and her spirit had followed him afterwards, to see this part.

At least that was her current guess. Though no matter what, the involvement of her own name, made it apparent that they were seemingly having some sort of influence here. For better or worse. Guess they'd see as they moved along now, down the blood-trailed memory lane.

"We should follow the trail. Something tells me that we're about to see the worst part."

As for Windy jumping, at the sound of thunder, Legion would butt in, and try to talk calm to her, whilst Sorrow began to follow the blood trail.

"Ease yourself, Skyline. It isn't real. Just a memory of bad things long gone. It cannot harm you, unless you let it."

=================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 9/12/2020 at 2:47 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“I was scared. If any creature could take on my appearance so flawlessly, what’s to stop them from eventually replacing me? Anyone who doesn’t know the changelings will continue believing that their friends or family are still them, not realizing that it’s someone else.”

“Not everyone has a strong sense of smell like yours. If a longma or a pony doesn’t know a changeling has transformed into a lookalike, how could they tell the difference? I firmly believed that being open to meeting other creatures was a good thing for the longma, but I found out that I only saw things my way, not theirs. They were right to be wary. Wouldn't you also feel the same towards any creature you don't know anything about?”

"No."

A short answer, yet one with some follow up. It just took her a few more seconds to think of how to continue this, whilst also being perplexed by Sen's behavior. The laughter seemed odd, considering he looked as if he did not find things funny. He weren't smiling enough when speaking of the others, and she had seen he usually did have one, when laughing.

"Mother teaches us, that it is important to meet new creatures. It is how we learn about them. Even if they can be dangerous, we are told not to stay away from them. She says that anything that can happen, will teach us something important. Even if it is bad, we are better off knowing that, than not knowing anything at all."

Mother were a strong believer in her children, needing to be educated. Their masters were one such way, but eventually, they would have to seek out knowledge too, and one way to do that, were to speak with those around them. Sometimes, it wouldn't go too well, and you might even get hurt, but it would still teach you an invaluable lesson, that you could then take with you. Whereas relying on paranoia, did not get you far. It just left you closed off and foolish.

She had a hard time trying to make her children fully understand what paranoia were sometimes though. Most things she could explain to them about this, would end in at least one of them asking *Why?* until she didn't have much of an answer anymore. Though she did the best she could.

Maybe if you talked to the strange one, she can tell you how you see if they are them? Big pony with the barrel, he knew her too. Maybe he knows things? I can keep them from getting too close."

Omen were not the biggest sentimental sort, nor understood everything. That would be more Rosa's department, whereas she mostly based on very baseline looks on things. Or if she had nothing there, on what others had told her. Like Discord, and Mother. Both of whom would tell her to go and find out, the best way that one could: By asking, and learning. He'd be safe doing so too. She could stop anyone from coming too close, via the use of her gates.

On 9/12/2020 at 2:47 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“My brother… He needs time to collect his thoughts. From how things went back there, I think it was a lot more than just being scared. He’s the type who tends to think deeply about a lot of things, and it may have caused him to… overthink. I suppose I do have one question that I know both of us are curious about. Let’s say a changeling takes on my appearance. How can someone tell the difference between the real me and a changeling? Especially if the changeling is behaving exactly the way I do?”

"Well, it sorta depends. In most cases, you can try to do something that whoever were taken over, doesn't speak or, or does a lot, but is special between you. Most changelings who takes someone's place, only gets the necessary details to pass off as them for most, but doesn't tune in on the finer, subtle things. Say that you and Sen for example, had a special shake, that you only used whenever something special were about to happen. It's not a lot that goes deep enough to know that by heart.

Other times, it could be a deeply rooted secret. Best one I know of, is to just tackle them out of nowhere. Changelings have a way of getting a temporary panic, as they're afraid they've been found out when that happens. They might regain their composure again, but it'd still show. Bling, think you can show them?"

One of the female changelings - the female that had been with Cheshire at the start, wearing a theater dress, who had taken notes too - nodded, before changing into a pony that looked strikingly like herself. Just not as a changeling.

Once that were done, one of the others jumped towards her, and she put on a brief look of panic, which were mostly easy to see in the eyes. The *fight or flight* reaction were there, along with just a general look of someone, who had been caught with their hoof in the cookie jar.

"Going up and very seriously say *I know what you are* in a low tone, tends to weed some out too. Can be used right after the tackle, if you're not sure about the results there.

Easiest way though, is to get a certain kind of magic scrying stone. A *Snitch*, as we call them. It's used to track magic of all sorts, and used in varied professional sports, games and such, to try and weed out magic based cheating. Hence the name it's gotten.

Get one of those, and hold it anywhere near a changeling, and it'll go into a sickly green hue. Ain't no disguise they can wear, that'll shield them from that rock."

@Blitz Boom

“I'm just a little jumpy when I heard thunder” Windy told Sorrow and Legion as they went out of the bathroom.

As they are about to go inside Razor's bedroom, the door suddenly swung open by itself!

Instead of the griffon's bedroom, all they saw was beach under the mercy of a terrifying strong storm, and there in the middle of the storm is Razor, filling dirt to a hole.

“There, nopony will find you here” his voice had a grudge into it, his expression showed anger, he had a shovel gripped by his talons “I have nothing left, so why do I have to use you?”

“What is he doing?” Windy looked at the griffon with both concern and suspicion “Did he...murdered somepony?”

Razor then suddenly began stabbing the 'grave' with the shovel and let out curses “**** YOU, **** YOU!” he shouted, stopped attacking the newly-filled hole and gaze at the ocean beside him “If I would want to give Autumn her satisfaction and peace, I have to be wiped out of the face of this world” he began trudging towards the water “Her wrath wwill only linger as long as I'm still Alive” he let go of the shovel.

Before Windy, Sorrow, and Legion could both witness him sink completely into the water, they found themselves standing inside Razor's bedroom, the flashback having finished, unlike any other houses they found, the bedroom was more damaged; a large potion of it had already collapsed, his bed was charred, and a number of accesssories are scattered on the floor, all broken as if somebody had repeatedly toss the items until they broke. One of Windy's hoof almost got stuck inside a small hole on the floor.

“We are back” she said, looking around at what once Razor's bedroom “this place is a wreck” she couldn't help but think Autumn used the room as to 'release' her anger.

There is a broken desk behind them, and one white rolled up parchment lay on the floor.

Edited by Windy Breeze 🥧

@Blitz Boom

Sen paused and wondered what Mother told Omen, and to some degree, he understands what she meant. Unfortunately, there were some implications that could’ve been added to give that sentiment a little more nuance. The danger that other creatures could potentially pose was one that could be explained a little better as it would shed light on the importance of caution.

“I suppose we should rejoin the others. I really don’t want Cheshire to think I am harboring ill feelings towards her. Come on, we can talk some more on the way back.”

“I don’t disagree with Mother’s words when she says that meeting and learning about other creatures. But doesn’t she also mention being careful? That even without meeting another creature up-front, there is enough information to go with that already leaves an impression. If I see a creature like a manticore, wouldn’t the reasonable option be to keep away because it's dangerous? Even if I don’t know much about it, having features like a stinger tail and large teeth are signs that I should avoid it at all costs.”

The longma walked back to the rest of the group, stepping out of the dark alley. He still maintained a confused look, unsure how to reconcile a reasonable claim from Mother while trying to find arguments that could poke holes at the claim. It seemed like Mother's words to Omen weren't painting a complete picture, and that something felt missing. Meanwhile, Lin listened close to what the changeling queen had to say, gathering the information that could prove useful sometime. The basics boiled down to being more cerebral in nature, and being prepared by having a countersign in place that only the original would know. 

“Huh, intimidation and getting physical are some rather… odd solutions. Those might get some really mixed reactions. If used incorrectly, an observant changeling would get suspicious of those if they see it enough, won’t they? The magic stone option sounds a little better and it would be a reasonable thing to look for some time.”

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom
"Ponies do like their harmony." Ruby agreed, though she wondered how ponies would react if something happened to their precious machines. "And thought I would like to argue that nothing our kind does comes from fear, you are probably right, our magical protection is limited, so it only makes sense magic would be despised, though I disagree with it being unpredictable, predictability doesn't come from the tools you use to fight, it comes from the user of those tools." she didn't react much to Leviathan's comment about protecting Charir, after all, it was only expected considering what Ruby had learned about her until this point. 

"I too dislike magic as a weapon like most of my kind does, but my reasons are different, they are the same reasons why I dislike weapons in general." "What is a master of magic, if they lose their magic? What about a master of weapons if they lose their weapons?" "There's ways to nullify one's magic, and every weapon can be broken, so depending on them is just poor planning." "And depending on the way one's magic works, getting injured may stop one from casting magic, either through damage to important part of the body like unicorn's horn, or through pain making it hard to concentrate, meanwhile someone like me has to have most of their bones broken before they stop." 

Charir tilted his head at the cloud curiously, seemingly trying to figure out how he should react to it, but as it got closer, his curiosity got better of him and he carefully poked it to see if it felt like a cloud, after which he would gently blow at it and see if he could control it in any way without breaking it, he would also try what happens if he blew some smoke at it. He had of course seen clouds before, but something about it being so small made it lot more interesting.

---------------------------------------------------
Nada shook her head "I really don't have any plans, I mean, I will have to go for a fish eventually, but other than that I have nothing, I don't know...or at least I don't remember doing anything else than singing when I have been bored, and after I left the lake I haven't really had long enough alone time to worry about trying to come up with something to do because before I have had enough time to get bored, someone appears to have a talk with me." she was taken by surprise when the sound of trumpets and cheering were heard, but since Ziggy didn't seem surprised, she assumed it was just normal pony things "It could be easier to plan something if I knew if I need to be here to get the information about if the princesses accept me or not."

-----------------------------------------------------------
Scarecrow would just silently observe the situation, since there wasn't really anything for him to do or say, the weird squirrel was a interesting sight but having seen lot of things, he didn't really have anything to say about it, not that it would necessary have been a good idea either, since he didn't want to scare it away before Lyriel was done. "So the creatures still seem to recognize you, that's a good sign." he would eventually say when the situation was over "Until that one is a special one? I don't know much about creatures." he was bit worried about their next stop, he wasn't sure if he could react fast enough if phoenix decided to attack Lyriel "We should probably head to our next destination."