Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Military topic : Favorite weapon system/firearm.

FancyHorse

Now I myself an not in the military, but let's the face awesome fact. Some military weapons and applications are pretty damn cool. So what's your favorite?

Me, I liked the XM8 Modular weapon system. Easy interchangeable, reliable and just looks awesome :) .

• Brohoof 1

Having been in the military I will answer this thrice. My favorite system I have gotten to use would probably have gone to the either the M82A1 Barret. I was an EOD tech and we readily trained with the Barret. Not for sniping, but for Ordnance and IED disruption as a remote means of safing or destroying and device. A close second would have been either the M240B or the MK19.

That I own? My 1911A1. LOVE IT. Such an amazing hand gun.

That I just love in general. Tanks, I love'em. So much awesome and freedom packed into the end of a 120mm M1A1 MBT. Historically though I was a big fan of the Panther and Tiger I. So much cool there.

Edited by Cstriker
  • Brohoof 2

I personally prefer the 18 arms of Wushu for my personal defense but if we are talking about just plain appeal, well I prefer the older models to new ones.

I once fired a bolt action rifle and just working the action was satisfyingly cool. Of course, I've never fired one, but the AA-12? . . . DAMN! I mean just . . . DAMN!  :blink:  B)

The RK 62 being the only gun i have a moderate amount of experience with, i'd say it's my favourite. Very simple, easy to use and easy to maintain. I freaking suck with guns tho, my aim is terrible and reloading quickly ain't happening, i always ended up awkwardly shoving that magazine in like 3 times untill i got it. It's not as easy as it looks in FPS games.

rsz_rk_62_76.jpg

Being from Texas has it's perk. Mostly every citizen in Texas owns a fire arm. By law in the state of Texas (Everyone from Texas knows this, or should know this) if anyone breaks into your home or property without your permission. You have the right to shoot and kill them. I wouldn't just kill them unless they are attempting to assault my family or myself.

Only 17 here so I can't legally buy a fire arm until I'm 18.

But guns I'd like to have: Colt 1911. AR 15. M4 Carbine. R700. 

Basically just those for starters.

If any weapon I'd love to own in my life time is the Barret. That sucker fires .50 BMG rounds. It's massive, used by US Army.

An expensive weapon that requires a special license to own the weapon and carry. Rounds I heard were $100 a bullet.

Edited by ~SadisticFluttershy~
  • Brohoof 1

Going off of purely exprience with this; I would have to say my favorite rifle is the Remington .30-06 rifle, pretty much a higher end hunting rifle. However, going off of looks and history; I would have to say the M4, not because it is the best out there or anything, but that it has proved itself sooo many times in battle and for such a long time, same goes with the M-16. Both are fairly simple(before you go into attachments/comparing to AK47), accurate rifles that have bested the rifle that everyone seems to love so much, the AK47, countless of times in battle.

Now, weapon systems are a whole 'nother thing as I think vechiles qualify under that. Like the A-10 Warthog? That thing is just about literally a machine gun cannon strapped to wings, or the AC-130 Specter, once a Specter is locked onto you, you ain't coming out in one piece, both are just an amazing ground attack systems. Sucks that they're retiring both in favor of the F-35, which is just a throwback to the times when the military tried to have jet fighters be able to do too much and they ended up sucking.

• Brohoof 1

Former military here, having fired a number of weapons being both infantry and MP, my favorite weapon system over all has to be the MK19. Fully automatic 40mm HE, it was the one weapon that when we brought out, suddenly insurgents didn't wanna come out and play. I loved that thing to death, despite it needing specific lube to keep functioning lol.

As for weapons I loved, but was only able to fire one, it is a tie between the l82a2, and the XM25. The Enfield  was just a fun little gun (I only ever fried the AVF variant), and I loved the ultra compactness of the AFV variant, with its near m16a2 accuracy. And the xm25 was just friggen amazing.