How often do you use profanities?

RainbowMau

When I think it will add a bit of humour into a sentence, plus I don't really see them as bad words or anything, I mean I always wondered how words could be seen as offensive. I've never been offended by words, only actions.  :blink:

Depends on what you consider profanity. I don't consider words like bitch, damn, crap, ass & goddammit to be profanity. If it can be said on TV anytime before 8pm, it's pretty safe. Other than that I don't swear at all, using some other words or phrases instead, a fact that annoys my parents who cuss like sailors.  

updating my answer because I've changed

I use them quite a bit, especially when I'm pissed or excited about something. It's even worse when I'm fangirling too. I say the f word so many times it's not even funny. I just can't help it though. I mean, it's how I am and how express my joy/anger as well as talking in all caps when I do.

• 1 year later...

Depends on your definition of a profanity. Bitch, damn, ass, douche, aren't profanities. 

But I never drop the f bomb, hole in combination with ass, or any ethnic or sexual slurs. 

I swear next to never but I have gotten in the habit of swearing when something goes horribly wrong.  I just save it for when there really is a problem and I feel the need to let some anger out.

Recently quite often actually, very much so almost never in real life, over microphone or in text I spam f bomb there and s word that almost all the time, it wasn't always the case, came in naturally, who knows why.

I'm a potty mouth; I use them all the time. It's not a good habit when you're sometimes in that setting where it's not really acceptable to use them. Maybe I should resort to saying "smurf" everytime I know I would've cussed.

I actually do fairly often, especially if I am in a bad mood. Just the typical swearings, though sometimes I tend to make my own up. XD I try to show absolute restraint when speaking say with my doctor or someone similar, but other than that, the words happen. I don't see it as an issue of any sort, just expression is all.

Every chance I can get. Almost all of my sentences contain at least one cuss word. :lol: