Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are MLP's dietary standards inappropriate?

chirox the pony

when it comes to food and food that is bad for you people should splurge once in a while but not all the time, unfortunately in America food that is healthy is expensive and not affordable, that's why you see obese people because their paychecks force them to eat at mcdonalds or burger king its rather sad :(

• Brohoof 1

That sounds awful. While we could use more healthy ingredients in our food, it's really no one's power to dictate what we can and can't eat. A little cake every once in a while isn't going to kill you. Just take care of yourself so you feel healthy, life is too short.

I haven't really seen any of that here in the states, but where I live no one cares. Parents here are more than willing to let their kids watch MLP and aren't worried about the sweets shown.

If people anywhere want to be paranoid about this, they might as well ban MLP because Pinkie Pie likes to party and have fun, this might make kids want to have fun sometimes nstead of working all the time. Oh how horrible that would be. Eating a sugary treat is one thing, but having fun, oh no.

That sounds awful. While we could use more healthy ingredients in our food, it's really no one's power to dictate what we can and can't eat. A little cake every once in a while isn't going to kill you. Just take care of yourself so you feel healthy, life is too short.

I haven't really seen any of that here in the states, but where I live no one cares. Parents here are more than willing to let their kids watch MLP and aren't worried about the sweets shown.

People could learn to cook and make their own meals with less processed ingredients. At the least there is better control on what is in the meal by substituting certain ingredients like margrine/olive oil for butter.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 1

People could learn to cook and make their own meals with less processed ingredients. At the least there is better control on what is in the meal by substituting certain ingredients like margrine/olive oil for butter.

I think that goes without saying. I love to cook my own meals, especially for other people. Feels very rewarding as well!

Edited by Kek
  • Brohoof 1

That's clearly the UK's problem. Few if no other countries in the world have a problem about showing cake on TV :wacko:. British standards are just too dam high!

That's clearly the UK's problem. Few if no other countries in the world have a problem about showing cake on TV :wacko:. British standards are just too dam high!

The reasoning behind these ridiculous laws is because Britain is the fattest nation in Europe.

One thing that irked me is that the show basically had horses eating eggs and dairy...horses..herbivores, they could not be eating eggs and dairy as it is not good for them. Just like how meat, dairy and eggs aren't good for humans because humans are herbivorous when it comes to anatomy and biology. Why not show a deer eating a cow's corpse while they're at it if they really want to push the 'crap that is obviously inaccurate and probably doesn't make sense' category.

Edited by HopeTheWanderer

Eh... sure we see them eating lots of sweets, but it hardly ever shows the ponies at an actual meal, but when it does the meal seems to be healthy (Im not sure how flowers on wheat bread add up in nutrition but i digress)... I think it more we never see them at dinner time, and more we seem them at parties where healthy food is an after thought.

when it comes to food and food that is bad for you people should splurge once in a while but not all the time, unfortunately in America food that is healthy is expensive and not affordable, that's why you see obese people because their paychecks force them to eat at mcdonalds or burger king its rather sad :(

That's how I live. It is sad.  :( I love a good home cooked meal, but they're more rare unless it's something cheap like soup, noodles, or rice (you can buy a few ingredients to make something cheaper than a dollar burger). Being broke sucks when you love to eat healthy.

• Brohoof 1

One thing that irked me is that the show basically had horses eating eggs and dairy...horses..herbivores, they could not be eating eggs and dairy as it is not good for them. Just like how meat, dairy and eggs aren't good for humans because humans are herbivorous when it comes to anatomy and biology. Why not show a deer eating a cow's corpse while they're at it if they really want to push the 'crap that is obviously inaccurate and probably doesn't make sense' category.

The dairy thing shouldn't be a surprise since horses do drink milk when they are young. Humans decided to continue consuming milk as part of the regular diet and cultivate it for other foods. Ponies can do the same thing.

Edited by Singe

Remember that eggs are eaten unfertilized, and contain no actual mean (And are vegetairian safe) and well as milk.... So yeah.

The dairy thing shouldn't be a surprise since horses do drink milk when they are young. Humans decided to continue consuming milk as part of the regular diet and cultivate it for other foods. Ponies can do the same thing.

You missed the point entirely. Yes when we are young we do drink milk, but the kind that comes from our own mother's teat(as opposed to stealing it from another mother whose in way worse circumstances, like we actually do.), and once you are past breastfeeding, you never need milk again pretty much, so lactose intolerance is actually completely normal. Pretty sure the same goes for them.

I think something like this did happen with Cookie Monster from Sesame Street. Mothers did not like him eating so many cookies and "Setting a bad example" So they tried to change him to the "Vegie Monster" instead.

I think something like this did happen with Cookie Monster from Sesame Street. Mothers did not like him eating so many cookies and "Setting a bad example" So they tried to change him to the "Vegie Monster" instead.

Well they could have just said "no Billy I'm not going to buy you cookies", but nah censorship is so much easier.

When I think "MLP's dietary standards," I think of daisy sandwiches and hay fries. Not sugar and candy.

The title was changed by the mods, I did not write that.

If kids actually ate like Cookie Monster, more than half of the cookie would be a mess on the floor.

Edited by Singe

If children are taking "healthy eating" advice from Pinkie Pie, or MLP in general, I think this world has some bigger issues it needs to rein in.

That said, no, I don't think so, but I don't depend on animation for my dietary choices.