Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which species of pony uses magic?

NothingToWorryAbout

I really don't know, to be honest. 

Also: There are how many elements of harmony?:

The Pegasi are the ones that use magic. The Earth Ponies are the ones that can fly, and Unicorns can tunnel under the ground and pop up at any moment.

• Brohoof 7

The Pegasi are the ones that use magic. The Earth Ponies are the ones that can fly, and Unicorns can tunnel under the ground and pop up at any moment.

That doesn't seem to be working. 

I swear I'm getting the weirdest stuff in my search history right now. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm going to bite the bait, and give a legitimate answer.

*ahem*

All 3 sub types of pony use magic, as in the season 4 finale Tirek was able to eat their magic. This is further evidenced in the earlier episode "hearthswarming eve" were they said that the Pegasi controlled the weather, the Unicorns did more of a standard medieval magic, and earth ponies used their magic to control plants and animals.

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

There are 19 thousand Elements of Harmony, and Earth Ponies are the species that use magic.

Thank you for your helps.

EDIT: This anti-spam filter is making me want to tear out my hair and strangle my PC. WHY CAN'T YOU JUST ASK SOMETHING I KNOW, LIKE HOW TO MAKE TOMATO SOUP?

Edited by NothingToWorryAbout

My reasonings:

Unicorns are the only ones with active magic.

Pegasus have passive magic (controlling weather, moving clouds, able to walk on clouds), and earth ponies, well they IDK. 

Pinkie Pie gets 4th wall magic, and comedic magic

The Mane 6 all have magic from the Elements of Harmony (well used to, but now from Power of Friendship) But they can only use it together and Twilight is like the magical conduit in which it flows through. 

Spike can send and receive messages.  So Dragons have some magic.

• Brohoof 1

There are no dumb questions and the indwelt magical properties of the ponies is an oft discussed topic. Based on the Friendship is Magic, Hearths Warming Eve, and Twilights Kingdom at least four species possess magic of some form - Alicorns, pegasi, earth, and unicorns.

There are Six Elements of Harmony represented in the Mane Six and connected to the physical Elements that are currently housed in the Tree of Harmony. Whether said Elements are part of predestination or chance is another great topic for discussion.

Some fannon works add other Elements such as Humility, Empathy, Acceptance, Tolerance, and Sacrifice among others.

• Brohoof 2

Unicorns cast spells, but every species has abilities granted by magic. Heck, magic headcanon may account for why absolutely every pony is at least reasonably pretty, and have good singing voices, not to mention the ability to sing on key everytime, and break into perfect choreography at the drop of a hat.

• Brohoof 1

CONTAINS SEASON 4 FINALE SPOILERS:

The villain Tirek was able to steal magic from ponies.  Since all 4 types of ponies were susceptible and all lost their cutie marks I assume that all 3 have some level of magic in them.

• Brohoof 1

My reasonings:

Unicorns are the only ones with active magic.

Pegasus have passive magic (controlling weather, moving clouds, able to walk on clouds), and earth ponies, well they IDK. 

Pinkie Pie gets 4th wall magic, and comedic magic

The Mane 6 all have magic from the Elements of Harmony (well used to, but now from Power of Friendship) But they can only use it together and Twilight is like the magical conduit in which it flows through. 

Spike can send and receive messages.  So Dragons have some magic.

^This

Also Earth ponies have been said to have increased strength in Twilight's Kingdom. The book Applejack and the Honest to Goodness Switcheroo states it directly. They also seem to have some form of terrakinesis, since they're the only ones able to grow crops, and apple bucking is essentially impossible to justify using physics.

There's also 8 bearers of the elements of harmony, separate from the 6 objects themselves(The whole point of Twilight's Kingdom was that the power of the elements rest in the users, not the gems). If you look at the Tree of Harmony, Celestia and Luna's cutie marks are etched on the trunk, marking them as wielders(The sun and the moon, respectively).

Small spoiler for Rainbow Rocks

Of course, as of EQG2, Sunset Shimmer would technically make 9, since she was added to the Rainbow.

• Brohoof 1

What? Of course there are dumb questions.

All questions are an opportunity to further discussion and communication, to learn, to experience existence, if the respondent only is generous with his/her time, approach, and knowledge. Even a question deemed by others as useless can lead to new threads in our lives. I do not wish to waste a moment of life turning away said moments. 

There are no dumb questions ... only missed opportunities. 

Also, I like being a nice guy to the OP.  :please:

• Brohoof 2

All questions are an opportunity to further discussion and communication, to learn, to experience existence, if the respondent only is generous with his/her time, approach, and knowledge. Even a question deemed by others as useless can lead to new threads in our lives. I do not wish to waste a moment of life turning away said moments. 

There are no dumb questions ... only missed opportunities. 

Also, I like being a nice guy to the OP.   :please:

Nah, there are definitely dumb questions, even if they aren't useless. Generally consider insincere, trolly questions to be "dumb". Of course in that context I mean dumb socially, not academically.