Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How strong is your willpower?

RainbowMau

In my case I just discovered that mine is really, really weak! :derp:

I promised myself that I'd leave all social networks, it was easy with Facebook, but with Twitter it was different, I told myself not to go back there so I blocked it from my PC at home, but I never figured out to do so from my work PC which has a different operating system, so after tries and tries I finally went back to Twitter and everything was fucked up. I guess I'm so obsessive that I couldn't finally do it :(

• Brohoof 1

I've got an average willpower level, i guess. Why did i make that sound like something you can level up in a game? Anyway, i've successfully left Facebook and Twitter, so i guess im fine. And having two personalities to battle out between to options is... What? One second.

What do you mean by, Dont tell them that? I figure that its fi- ... Come on, now, they wont do that! ... Fine, fine. You  win. Im not saying anything more.

Oh, and others will probably have a difficult time trying to convince or trick me into doing certain things, since my Stubborness level is way over anything else. Once i want to do something, my mind is completel set on it.

• Brohoof 2

It depends on what it's regarding.

I'm generally passive about a lot of stuff.

If I don't really care about an issue, my opinion on it could flip and flop, and waffle, what have you, based on new information, with little to no verification of said information.

If it's an issue that really is important to me, I can easily lose my cool as the discussion gets heated, and it will require VERY well documented information and sources to get me to change my stance.

Basically, depending on the situation, I can have no will, or a will so strong that Iron Will would be put to shame.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not sure what my willpower is. 

I was able to quit Facebook for a year before I was forced to use it again since it was the only way for me to stay in contact with others. I will quit it again when one of my friends gets a computer. Then we will probably use another method like Skype. The only way for her to talk to anyone online is with Facebook.

I used Twitter, but now I don't anymore. 

I was able to stay off of My Little Brony on Memebase for a while, and I still haven't gotten on. So that's something. (I stayed off of it for Rainbow Rocks spoilers. I watched it though.)

I'm not sure if marijuana is addictive or not, but I'm not addicted to it. My mom has to tell me to take it, actually. 

I am (Proper term for someone who fantasizes about being mind controlled.)

I change my opinions quickly.

I will actually do things I wouldn't normally do for $1,000,000

• Brohoof 1

I personally have a strong mental willpower. I'm stubborn about my opinions (If I actually care about them) and I quit things pretty easily. However, for whatever reason, I have a habit of always believing that i'm in the wrong place and that I messed something up. I'm a bit of a perfectionist (Except when it comes to being punctual and organisation). I am fascinated with stories dealing with how someone's mind completely breaks (Slowly, shows the change), so make of that what you will.

Edited by Shift

I don't really understand. Do you mean like Will power, like you're at some dude's party, and you're sitting next to a bowl of chips or candy and you can just tell yourself , that you're not gonna have any even though the food is ,like RIGHT THERE. Or do you mean, like you're in a DVD store and you can't seem to help yourself and end up buying a crap load of DVD'S?

Either way, you mean it, I would say I have really terrible will power.

M willpower ranges from mediocre to... less mediocre. If I strongly believe in something I will try my best to defend it, but it's sadly not too hard to knock me off. I love junk food, and most of the time the only thing stopping me from vacuuming everything up is my Mom, who has a serious hatred on American products.

My willpower is a 7/10, I think

My willpower only really extends to:

A: Get out of bed in the morning.

B: Train 4 times a week.

All the other things are pretty chill & casual.

My willpower? Well when it comes to the internet, it's nonexistent (Aside from Twitter. I don't get on there at all anymore.) When it comes to schoolwork, pretty nonexistent as well. And cleaning. Aside from that, it's all fine and dandy.

• Brohoof 1

Strong enough that I can run a mile without even a fourth of the nutrients needed in my body. (Depression causes lack of appetite) Let's just say afterwards you don't feel too good. :blink:

Edited by Ryzu

Mind over matter they always say.

It's surprising the things you can accomplish if you truly set your mind to it.

Though depending what it is, I'm not going to do something if it seems impossible. Smaller tasks first, that's the key.

Tricky thing is.. Once you give up on something, everything else seems to follow on from that moment, it becomes easier to give in. Willpower can be defined in many different ways. To me is like resilience of the mind and it's about picking up from failure and defeat over again. An Iron Will if you may, that cannot be moved.

*read some responses :wacko:*

Yup, I can relate with some people. If I really feel motivated about something, I'll definitely try my best to succeed. Otherwise I'm lazy and wouldn't give a flop about it!

Mine is so strong I single-handedly wiped out the Vizards

Okay I'm sorry, that was terrible. Fairly average, even if I know I have to do something I dislike I'll do it..but I still won't like it

Edited by ARagY

I'd like to think I'm quite strong in that regard. I know I can force myself to do a lot of things and quit/tone down them as well. I can make a habit out of nearly anything and be persistent, as well as mentally storing info or a date and can nearly always make it or recall that. Admittedly, it's not perfect since I can become almost obsessed with certain stuff, but I think I have a lot of self-control.

Overall, it's pretty high on the strength.

• Brohoof 1

I know people who think they are weak when they are not, and I'm currently trying to help one particular person, one who commented on this very thread. If anyone has problems with this type of thing just message me and I will try to help

Hm... Not very. Yet I like to say that having persistence is one of very few positive traits in me. The problem is getting the willpower to begin with. >.<

"I'm never going to give up on my dreams! But I don't feel so good today, so I can't practice, maybe tomorrow?" - Me.

If it's personal, I won't care about hurting myself in the process.

If it isn't... then I have a problem. When I do scrape up the motivation, it's quickly depleted. I've been wondering if meditation can help with this.

I do try to do better in this. I do try. And I am trying...