Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A few suggestions

Cybestry

I have a few suggestions with these forums. I think the forums themselves are pretty good but there are a few things I think you should do

1. Add a "top" button. You should add a button that takes you to the top of the page. It is frustrating for some users on a long forum thread to scroll alllllllllllll the way up
  2. More subcategories. I think that there should be more subcategories because it is quite hard to find a specific place to put a post

That's about it. Thanks for reading. 

• Brohoof 2

Add a "top" button. You should add a button that takes you to the top of the page. It is frustrating for some users on a long forum thread to scroll alllllllllllll the way up

Actually, there already exists a button for this feature. Though it is rather transparent and can be a bit hard to see at times, at the bottom of a thread there is an up arrow that will take you to the top of the page. (I'd place a screenshot but I'm currently on mobile so I have no decent method of doing so :\)

As for the additional subcategories, the recent addition of the Print Media subsection is an example of how the staff here adds more classification to the forum. For the most part, we only add more categories should there be enough consistent content being created about the general subject.

• Brohoof 5

More subcategories. I think that there should be more subcategories because it is quite hard to find a specific place to put a post

Everyone basically answered the 'go to top' button suggestion so I'll see if I can at least talk about subcats.

Typically we avoid creating subforums and subcatagories unless there is both community demand and something that adds value to the site and its members. A Tech or PC forum is requested from time to time, but few people actually chime in saying it is a great idea, and there aren't enough tech specific posts to merit it. That is just one example. However, you mentioned that you wanted subforums because you find the additional granularity or separation to be easier to help you figure our where to post. I would think extra sub forums can have the reverse effect for new users. Is there a specific thread or topic that you are thinking about making that you are having a hard time placing? We may be able to help with that. If that isn't the issue, do you have a specific subcategory in mind?

:)

• Brohoof 2

I for one don't even use that button. I suggest using the 3rd mouse button. That is, if you're using a mouse (not sure if laptops have strong scrolling features that are comparable to the 3rd mouse button). Clicking on the scroll wheel on a mouse will give you a scroll that is as fast as you put it to the top or bottom of the monitor (depending which way you wish to go). Much simpler, and can be very rapid, especially for the threads with pretty decently long posts.

• Brohoof 2

whilest i do like the idea of giving members a chance to learn about everything, i dont think they should be restricted from looking at other parts of the website, i can understand participating but even though i just started maybe i want to see what the roplaying section is like. i understand that it is easy to get out of the blank flank stage but i think we should at least get a tour of the site to know all the parts.

whilest i do like the idea of giving members a chance to learn about everything, i dont think they should be restricted from looking at other parts of the website, i can understand participating but even though i just started maybe i want to see what the roplaying section is like. i understand that it is easy to get out of the blank flank stage but i think we should at least get a tour of the site to know all the parts.

Well, the forum permission levels do protect against spammers, and trolls, while also keeping other sensitive areas hidden (like the Life Advice forum). If an RP Tutorial is something you think would be beneficial to you and other members, I would mention it in the RP Suggestions thread since they are in the process of designing a sister site. :D

• Brohoof 1

Well, the forum permission levels do protect against spammers, and trolls, while also keeping other sensitive areas hidden (like the Life Advice forum). If an RP Tutorial is something you think would be beneficial to you and other members, I would mention it in the RP Suggestions thread since they are in the process of designing a sister site. :D

after taking that into consideration i hear by retract my earlier statement.