Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread MLP FiM Season 5 Preview Info (Spoilers)

Batbrony

So do you guys think the equal signs as Cutie Marks mean their all equal or some Story of the Blanks type of story? I personally hope its story of the blanks that would make things interesting wouldn't it? B)

My personal thought is that the village will turn out to be the Equestria version of the movie "Invasion of the Body SnatchersPrincess Twilight and her Council of Friendship (Hoping for a cool title for the mane six collectively) will have to snuff out an alien invasion. Instead of the original ponies being dead, they'll rescue them from being held captive, of course!

If Twilight gets a = cutie mark too, then she'll lose her magic so she won't be able to defeat the villain/or whatever causes these = cutie marks to appear.

And the Elements of Harmony are gone for good (I hope)

I wonder how they are going to save the day this time. :D

My personal thought is that the village will turn out to be the Equestria version of the movie "Invasion of the Body SnatchersPrincess Twilight and her Council of Friendship (Hoping for a cool title for the mane six collectively) will have to snuff out an alien invasion. Instead of the original ponies being dead, they'll rescue them from being held captive, of course!

I think 'The Friendship Council' or 'Council of Friendship' is basically confirmed by the meeting room in Twilights Castle and by the fandom. lol

If Twilight gets a = cutie mark too, then she'll lose her magic so she won't be able to defeat the villain/or whatever causes these = cutie marks to appear.

And the Elements of Harmony are gone for good (I hope)

I wonder how they are going to save the day this time. :D

I still think it will be a bunch of extras or the CMC's will somehow solve it. If it changes someone's cutie marks then what about those ponies who don't have a Cutie Mark yet?

• Brohoof 2

Either they're not affected, or they get an equal sign cutie mark anyway, which isn't their true cutie mark anymore than one brought about by the Cutie Pox.

Though I have doubts that the CMC will be involved. The setup from what we've seen seems to be about answering "Why did the Tree of Harmony give them that castle". If it relied on the CMC or others solving the problem then that sort of takes away from any answer about how the mane six were given it. Plus it'd be sort of weird writing wise to have them all trek to the equal sign town, establish what the problem is and get themselves involved with it, have some realization to bring in the CMC, go back to Ponyville and then bring them.

Actually, how would bringing in a few blank flanks undo all the magic equal signs?

Either they're not affected, or they get an equal sign cutie mark anyway, which isn't their true cutie mark anymore than one brought about by the Cutie Pox.

Though I have doubts that the CMC will be involved. The setup from what we've seen seems to be about answering "Why did the Tree of Harmony give them that castle". If it relied on the CMC or others solving the problem then that sort of takes away from any answer about how the mane six were given it. Plus it'd be sort of weird writing wise to have them all trek to the equal sign town, establish what the problem is and get themselves involved with it, have some realization to bring in the CMC, go back to Ponyville and then bring them.

Actually, how would bringing in a few blank flanks undo all the magic equal signs?

Well I just think maybe the CMC would be immune to whatever causes the = sign cutie marks. Maybe Cutie Pox will be used to restore every ponies cutie mark? lol

Well, my guess is the Mane 6 are going to be more like The Rescue Heroes (hope I'm wrong about this).  The writers have also got the problem "Why doesn't Discord just snap his fingers & fix everything?"

As to group names "Friendship Council" is kind of lame.  I'd go w "The Elementals", unless that's been taken. 

The writers have also got the problem "Why doesn't Discord just snap his fingers & fix everything?"

Oh, right. I hope they won't make him a bad guy again. -_- Because I'm sure he can fix everything as you said.

Maybe he'll be totally absent in this season premiere...

• Brohoof 1

Oh, right. I hope they won't make him a bad guy again. -_- Because I'm sure he can fix everything as you said.

Maybe he'll be totally absent in this season premiere...

Personally I think he will be to busy giving flowers to Celestia.  :comeatus:

• Brohoof 1

Spike doesn't have a cutie mark, which is major part of the recap's motif.

Anyway, anyone familiar with Wicked?

Larson said that a season 5 song will be based on the song Defying Gravity, which is from Wicked.

From what we heard of the Lena Hall song, it seems like a contender.

Oh.  So it's finally happening.  I guess the appropriate question now would be, 'What causes the character to have to sing a song like that?'.

I'd like more episodes withn villains like the changelings. It would be nice if the season finale episodes didn't have so much build up and then end really quickly that's the only fault i have with the show.

Well, my guess is the Mane 6 are going to be more like The Rescue Heroes (hope I'm wrong about this).  The writers have also got the problem "Why doesn't Discord just snap his fingers & fix everything?"

As to group names "Friendship Council" is kind of lame.  I'd go w "The Elementals", unless that's been taken. 

Yeah there is that small problem.

img-3408491-1-ewQaqt6.png

Possible hint on what an upcoming Pinkie song will be about.

That's easy.

Seriously though, i think Dannyboy might refer to Pinkie loving parties, pranking, baking and eating all sorts of candy.

EDIT: Maybe there will be a reference to the Sound of Music. The parodied the Music Man in S2, so why not also the sound of music?

Edited by Hypnosparkle
  • Brohoof 2

img-3408491-1-ewQaqt6.png

Possible hint on what an upcoming Pinkie song will be about.

This could be really really awful (wow, great insight LZRD WZRD! / Fuck you, I don't want to spend time explaining my statement!)

Basically just don't pull a Generosity, where the character just says a bunch of crap we already know in a really over the top, overemphasized, borderline Flanderization (I know, I dropped the F bomb here :o ), cringeworthy song. Or something :P

I don't know if anyone mentioned or posted this yet, but someone on 4chan's pony board had a really good theory on the story and reason for the equal sign cutie marks. It sounds very likely to me:

post-24967-0-96661800-1421440219_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

It would be nice if the season finale episodes didn't have so much build up and then end really quickly that's the only fault i have with the show.

Yeah there is that small problem.

I feel like the season 4 finale helped buck that trend. 

Twilight VS Tirek was the moment that we usually never get to see. Someone actually FOUGHT the villain head to head BEFORE the friendship power came out of the box. 

They also made the Dazzlings able to fight back for a bit during the Rainbow Rocks finale.

So... I'd say they're already improving on this aspect a heck of a lot! :D

Edited by Luffyiscool
  • Brohoof 1

That's easy.

Seriously though, i think Dannyboy might refer to Pinkie loving parties, pranking, baking and eating all sorts of candy.

EDIT: Maybe there will be a reference to the Sound of Music. The parodied the Music Man in S2, so why not also the sound of music?

I think it's going to be a duet with Wierd AL.

I don't know if anyone mentioned or posted this yet, but someone on 4chan's pony board had a really good theory on the story and reason for the equal sign cutie marks. It sounds very likely to me:

attachicon.gifTHIS ANON.jpg

Never thought of that Kurt Vonnegut theory. Is Kurt Vonnegut like an american version of George Orwell? My Mum had to do an entire GCSE on Animal Farm. And here is the main quote ''All Animals are Equal but some are more equal than others''. Harrison Berguron sounds a lot like Animal Farm.

So i found a video on you tube a few months back which claimed to have the season 5 episodes titles and descriptions, however it did say within the video that the episodes synopsis could be a fake, and even had one of the storyboard artists state it as fake. But, after all the character trailers came out along with the sneek peek form comic-con the synopsis looks to be accurate, or at least some of them do. If you want to chech them out just type in mlp season 5 episodes in u tube and it should be the first video!

Found the list that video mentions.

http://www.horse-news.net/2014/09/season-5-synopsis-list-leak.html#more

There's no Pinkie family episode in that list, even though they've said that would be one of the episodes. Plus, the episodes for the mane six seems unbalanced for a full season. There only seems to be one episode for Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Pinkie, and maybe two episodes for Applejack and Fluttershy. Meanwhile there's 5 or 6 Twilight episodes without counting premiere or finale.

Found the list that video mentions.

http://www.horse-news.net/2014/09/season-5-synopsis-list-leak.html#more

There's no Pinkie family episode in that list, even though they've said that would be one of the episodes. Plus, the episodes for the mane six seems unbalanced for a full season. There only seems to be one episode for Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Pinkie, and maybe two episodes for Applejack and Fluttershy. Meanwhile there's 5 or 6 Twilight episodes without counting premiere or finale.

It's obviously a fake, most of these synopsis sound lame and unoriginal. x) Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 2