Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Las Pegasus LA or Las Vegas

masterchaoss

This has bothered me for a while is las Pegasus Los Angeles or Las Vegas. The map http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130403195243/mlp/images/c/cb/Map_of_Equestria_April_2013.jpg says LA and I agree but a lot of the fans want to claim it to be las Vegas. So if it ever appears in the show what city do you think it would represent. I would say LA just because of the official map.

• Brohoof 1

I don't care about spelling or what MA Larson says, if your gonna give the city a big fucking Hollywood sign, then it's probably LA

plus, Pegasus sounds closer to Angeles than Vegas

I don't care about spelling or what MA Larson says, if your gonna give the city a big fucking Hollywood sign, then it's probably LA

plus, Pegasus sounds closer to Angeles than Vegas

You really should care about what MA Larson says in this case since he wrote the episode that Las Pegasus was first mentioned in. Not only that, but on the original version of the map it did say Los Pegasus, but it was then changed to Las Pegasus in 2013.

As for the sounding closer, that is honestly more of a personal view, not a universal concept. For example, I personally think Pegasus sounds closer to Vegas owing to the similarities in spelling e.g. a simple letter swap thus giving us Pegas/Vegasus.

I always thought Angeles, due to the Applewood sign on the map, and the fact that pegasi have wings like angels.

But that Larson tweet is pretty much word of god, and they removed the sign from the map shown in the S4 finale, so Vegas it is, until proven otherwise

(looks like season 5 will have a lot of traveling, so they might actually go there)

Edited by dekutree64

I always thought Angeles, due to the Applewood sign on the map, and the fact that pegasi have wings like angels.

But that Larson tweet is pretty much word of god, and they removed the sign from the map shown in the S4 finale, so Vegas it is, until proven otherwise

(looks like season 5 will have a lot of traveling, so they might actually go there)

Really they removed the sign? I never noticed. I guess that means it was as Pegasus after all. You know I sorta wish that there was such a thing as Applewood in the show now. Would of made more an interesting episode. 

• 8 years later...

Hey there!

I simply wanted to give a link to an older thread, which comes with better context about this situation. Apologies for the inconvenience!

• 3 months later...