Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you do when your Waifu is unavailable?

Stancet

This is sort of for fun and sort of serious at the same time. This is the very issue I'm going through right now, and I'm surprised I'm not mature enough to just drop it. But don't ask who my Waifu is, because you wouldn't know who she is anyways. But there must be other bronies with this problem, so... any suggestions?

• Brohoof 1

Wait, do you mean like your wife? Is your wife on a business trip or something? Or do you mean there's a fictional character that's "unavailable" to you right now?

I'm confused by the question :\

• Brohoof 1

I'm slightly confused, do you mean that the waifu is unavailable because another member/person has claimed them or because another character within their fictional universe has a relationship with them? 

Be "unavailable" do you mean when they are taken like they already have a cannon partner or something? If so than it still won't stop me from fantasizing about them within reason of course.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 1

I will see the world burn as me and her other fans will fight tooth and nail to obtain nuclear materials. She's not allowed to find love with another nonexistent character. :(

Edited by Jammo

@@TenorSounds,@@ooBrony, @, @,

Sorry for the late reply but I really hate my computer sometimes.

To put it another way, my Waifu is a fictional character. She is the most wonderful fictional character ever created (sorry Rarity). But I can't allow myself to feel attached to her because 1)we are different ages 2)she does belong to someone else and 3)I created her.

When people have pony Waifus, at least all the ponies in the show are single. But what do you do when it's not so? 

• Brohoof 1

You made her but she belongs to somepony else..(wat)???

The age thing is idk if i can touch on that 'cept say that if you don't feel comfy with it in your fantasy, don't touch it matey.

If you made her, how about making a scenario to get her back? Like Spike daydreaming about getting Rarity from the Diamond Dogs.

Edited by oPinkeroo4Uo
  • Brohoof 1

@@Stancet, seeing as you created her, were you the one who attached her to someone else?

I don't have a waifu myself but from how I see it, waifu relationships have an imaginary element to them, which might be used to create new head canons in which the waifu isn't taken. This is a completely outside perspective which might be completely wrong, its just how I see it :blush:

@@TenorSounds,@@ooBrony, @, @,

Sorry for the late reply but I really hate my computer sometimes.

To put it another way, my Waifu is a fictional character. She is the most wonderful fictional character ever created (sorry Rarity). But I can't allow myself to feel attached to her because 1)we are different ages 2)she does belong to someone else and 3)I created her.

When people have pony Waifus, at least all the ponies in the show are single. But what do you do when it's not so? 

Considering this is all fictional you can do whatever the heck you want, dude. There's no way for a fictional character to be "unavailable" to someone who isn't also fictional. The fact that you created her just makes the situation more malleable; you can create as many alternate universes as you want, brah. Even one where her age is different.

Again, I don't really understand the concept of a waifu being "unavailable" (or waifu's in general, but that's a whole other conversation). It's like when people get mad at Flash Sentry because he's "stealing [their] waifu". I always think, dude, she's not real. You as a person are never going to be canon in the show, so why let the show affect your fictional relationship? Just imagine in your head that it doesn't work out between her and whoever she's "with" and make that your head-canon; it's just as legitimate as her relationship with you in the first place, which also resides entirely in your head.

Edited by TenorSounds
  • Brohoof 2

seeing as you created her, were you the one who attached her to someone else?

That... is a complicated question. The relationship just sort of happened on its own. But it is with a person I believe my Waifu is very happy with, so I believe in keeping out of it for their happiness.

(I'm a writer. This is all part of a continuity that I'm working on.)

• Brohoof 1

That... is a complicated question. The relationship just sort of happened on its own. But it is with a person I believe my Waifu is very happy with, so I believe in keeping out of it for their happiness.

(I'm a writer. This is all part of a continuity that I'm working on.)

Ok. Well in this case, if you feel your waifu is happy with the other character and it fits the story, are you concerned that you having your own relationship with the character might compromise or affect your future writings? If this isn't an issue, then there's no harm in you having a waifu relationship with the character outside of the canon of your written world (depending on if you want to, I know you said age was a concern)

Orrrr....maybe create a character who reflects yourself who can perhaps find happiness with the character themselves?

Ok. Well in this case, if you feel your waifu is happy with the other character and it fits the story, are you concerned that you having your own relationship with the character might compromise or affect your future writings? If this isn't an issue, then there's no harm in you having a waifu relationship with the character outside of the canon of your written world (depending on if you want to, I know you said age was a concern)

Orrrr....maybe create a character who reflects yourself who can perhaps find happiness with the character themselves?

You're definitely asking the right questions. Yes, it would effect my writing. You see, I want to write about her ALL the time and put her at the center of all my stories. Thankfully, I am smart enough to avoid that problem. Even if we aren't in a relationship, she still makes me happy being the wonderful person that she is; but it's admittedly hard preventing her from being a mary sue.

You're definitely asking the right questions. Yes, it would effect my writing. You see, I want to write about her ALL the time and put her at the center of all my stories. Thankfully, I am smart enough to avoid that problem. Even if we aren't in a relationship, she still makes me happy being the wonderful person that she is; but it's admittedly hard preventing her from being a mary sue.

It seems like your question isn't "what do you do if your waifu is unavailable" and more along the lines of "how as a writer do you avoid character bias". In that case, I could tell you that it's not surprising that you have become attached to one of your characters, but the minute it starts to affect your stories in a negative way you should take a step back and reassess your feelings on her. Making one of your characters your "waifu" is a bad idea from the start; if you don't want your stories to suffer, you have to learn to "let her go" and let her be her own character in the setting you've created. Like you said, that sort of bias can easily lead to a character becoming a Mary Sue.

Edited by TenorSounds

I think then, for the sake of your creation (both the character and the story) that she remains unavailable. That way, you will continue writing her as the character you admire, rather than letting your admiration possibly change her into something less desirable? I don't know but maybe thats one way of looking at it?  :wau:

I'm sure some of the people here can hook you up with a new waifu should you desire :D

I'm sure some of the people here can hook you up with a new waifu should you desire

Ohhhhhh man! You have no idea how hard it would be to find a better waifu  :derp: .

Regardless, I do appreciate everyone's help.  Thanks.

Hm.. this thread is certainly weird...

A lot of writers are working on their own continuity all the time, at times completely neglecting canon altogether. What's stopping you from writing things by the way you like it?

Hm.. this thread is certainly weird...

A lot of writers are working on their own continuity all the time, at times completely neglecting canon altogether. What's stopping you from writing things by the way you like it?

Well... it's complicated. You see, there are scientists who genuinely believe there are alternate universes that chart every possible choice that ever could have been made. Personally, I don't believe in that. It's partly religious, because I don't believe God would love us if there was a perfect version of us living somewhere else. But I also have autism, which makes me very neat and particular. So I don't like alternate universes in my fictional worlds either, because I don't choose to love one version of my characters more than any of the others. I know other people see this differently, but this is how I am.

It's all in my head fuck you i do what i want. I bend reality in my head like Discord! Seriously though she's always available. Mostly because she's Queen Chrysalis.

:okiedokielokie: Cheater... you chose a girl who can change how hot she is on a whim. I feel jealous of you. 

Hahahaha what... :blink:

I never thought it'd be possible to bring religious reasons into this kind of topic. If you dislike the idea of fictional alternate universe and yet you wish to write your own project... well, whatever strikes your fancy, then

Hahahaha what... :blink:

I never thought it'd be possible to bring religious reasons into this kind of topic. If you dislike the idea of fictional alternate universe and yet you wish to write your own project... well, whatever strikes your fancy, then

Don't misunderstand! I don't write alternate versions of the real world. I create all my worlds from the ground up. I hope that makes sense, cuz it does to me.

On another note, I don't subscribe to the theory that imagining another world is the same as creating one in real life. I might have autism but I can tell the difference between reality and fantasy.