• I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

TGAPT

B-Mac talks

EPIC WIN

Spike Heffner

Force-Fields

o.o

That's right! Force-fields! Would've come in handy during the tornado... maybe they take a lot of time to set up. Hmmmmmm...

Trixie mentioned

Big Mac = Big talk

Spike with a pipe and coat, impressing Rarity, I say B)

Rainbow Dash likes using clouds to get even

Imperial Star Destroyers can't orbitally destroy the Ponyville Library

Smarty Pants is still with Big Mac

Trixie lives near Ponyville, probably in the forest with her bipedal husband named Seth.

I think it's interesting to note the written language of Equestria. Look back at the way things are spelled in the paper, most of the letters are either backwards or upside down. Maybe it's just the animators being quick about something that isn't story-essential, but I just thought it was a cool thing to notice.

As for the episode, they just keep getting better and better. This one kind of hit home; I'm a staff writer for my high school's paper. And, Celestia help me, trying to find interesting stories on a monthly basis to fill an eleven page newspaper is one of the most annoying things to do in life. Great CMC episode with solid involvement from the Mane 6 (Rainbow Dash was exceptionally adorable with the whole "hooficure" and rain cloud gags).

• Brohoof 1

Apparently weight is a talent in Ponyville - Feather Weight gets a cutie mark of a feather and is skinny as a rail. Then you have a chubby pony running around with a cutie mark of a fork and knife. Not sure I like. :unsure:

As for the episode, they just keep getting better and better. This one kind of hit home; I'm a staff writer for my high school's paper. And, Celestia help me, trying to find interesting stories on a monthly basis to fill an eleven page newspaper is one of the most annoying things to do in life. Great CMC episode with solid involvement from the Mane 6 (Rainbow Dash was exceptionally adorable with the whole "hooficure" and rain cloud gags).

That first statement is definitely correct. The episodes have gotten consistently better and better starting from Hearts and Hooves Day. As for the "hit home" statement, I would have to say Putting Your Hoof Down really sealed the deal because it went into more detail with the characters' depths, not just Fluttershy's.

I lol'ed at the Celestia part but when they got the dirt on RD I felt like killing the CMC.

Yeah, I'm not sure about the other articles that they put together (tail extensions, canterlot snob, etc), but the article on RD was definitely reaching because she never actually got the hooficure.

I'm really not sure what Scootaloo was thinking when they ran that article to press. :huh:

(I need to rewatch this episode in HD though to really be able to soak everything in...)

Edited by Scootacool
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, I'm not sure about the other articles that they put together (tail extensions, canterlot snob, etc), but the article on RD was definitely reaching because she never actually got the hooficure.

I'm really not sure what Scootaloo was thinking when they ran that article to press. :huh:

(I need to rewatch this episode in HD though to really be able to soak everything in...)

The part about Twilight being a Canterlot snob wasn't so... inaccurate. More like worded improperly. She was a loner and didn't like friends back then.

Was really hoping they would print a story about diamond tiara.

Oh well

Also I see Trixie has not vanished off the face of the earth.

Oh and love the part where applejack and big mac switched voice roles