music Least favorite band?

thegamerator10

Sorry, I meant the 80's version where they make soft rock/adult contemporary/wedding songs such as "You're the Inspiration" and "Will You Still Love Me" is the Chicago I don't like. Not the earlier Chicago that made songs like "Saturday in the Park". I just didn't know how to put it.

That's what I figured, but I had to make sure. Lol.

OMG... I haven't listened to 80s Chicago in so long (aside from "Hard Habit To Break", which I have a live recording of that I think is okay), and that song "Will You Still Love Me"... Just... No. What ever went so wrong that could produce a song like that? Admittedly I think that the chorus is okay (IMO), but everything, and I mean everything else about that song is so cringeworthy. It's like everything terrible about the 80s wrapped into one song. xD

Such a shame, in their early albums Chicago made some really sweet and likable love songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq4nwGArRDc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI5aD6m7ub0

Black Eyed Peas. They have one good song from 2004, and everything after that has been an assault on my sanity.

Couldn't agree with you more. Back then, they made a song about what's going on with the world and now they're about partying.

• Brohoof 1

Couldn't agree with you more. Back then, they made a song about what's going on with the world and now they're about partying.

I don't even mind fluffy, party-centric pop. It just isn't good fluffy, party-centric pop. They sound horrible, and half the lyrics don't even make sense.

• Brohoof 1

I like how this is band about least "favorites" but nearly everyone is putting bands they straight up hate. :lol:

Also, @@SparklingSwirls, there's definitely way more to metal than screaming. There are growls too! :lol: :lol: :lol:

No but seriously. There is metal with clean and powerful vocals as well. There's metal of varying speeds too so if you don't like something that's harsh or in your face you can listen to bands like Opeth or Masterplan which have softer sounds (in Opeth's case it depends on the album cuz they also have harsh music as well as soft).

There's also the melody to take into account. Some metal throws melody out the window, or at least does a type of melody that's more syncopated so it kinda feels like a car crash if you aren't used to it or don't like it.

If you are of a mind try giving Masterplan a try. Or maybe Thunderstone. Maybe even a female vocalist in Amaranthe? All of which are amazing clean vocals bands and their sound tends to be more of a soft stroke for your ears. Amaranthe also has some electronic sounds in it as well and they mix it in pretty well.

Metal can be an acquired taste type of genre, particularly where harsh vocals are concerned, but it's also very expansive. Definitely don't give up on it because of one aspect of it. There's many bands, many genres and many different styles.

Harsh vocals can take some getting used to but the best way to do that is to listen to songs with vocals (or other parts of the song) that you do like so you'll feel the need to listen to the song even with parts you don't like, something I think more people should do when listening to genres they aren't used to, and you could find yourself not only getting used to them which opens up avenues of new metal for you to listen to but you may even start liking it.

• Brohoof 1

Definitely one direction and Justin Bieber. I can't stand them, and every time I hear the music... I cringe. One time, at Walmart, they played one of 1D's songs. So, I put one of my headphones in my ears and listened to one of my own songs instead. That's how much I can't stand those two.

• Brohoof 2

Bands meaning more than one guy?

Daft Punk (can't stand house or EDM)

Green Day (boring, uninspired punk trash)

New Maroon 5 (scraping the barrel here. they're not all bad, but most of the acts I hate are soloists. Not alot of bands i dislike.)

Blood on the Dance Floor (never listened to a single one of their songs, but I've heard enough about them that they disgust me on a personal level.)

Definitely one direction and Justin Bieber. I can't stand them, and every time I hear the music... I cringe. One time, at Walmart, they played one of 1D's songs. So, I put one of my headphones in my ears and listened to one of my own songs instead. That's how much I can't stand those two.

One Direction only got where they are now because they won a damn rigged contest.

... Oh wait, they didn't even win that! They only got through one round because another contestant "Gave up", and even then they were told to form a band together because they're all boyband-looking losers. From start to finish, they have been one colossal scam filled with bs, with the express intent of marketing crappy songs they didn't write and ugly merchandise they didn't make to teenage girls and the most musically-illiterate girls on the planet.

One Direction only got where they are now because they won a damn rigged contest.

... Oh wait, they didn't even win that! They only got through one round because another contestant "Gave up", and even then they were told to form a band together because they're all boyband-looking losers. From start to finish, they have been one colossal scam filled with bs, with the express intent of marketing crappy songs they didn't write and ugly merchandise they didn't make to teenage girls and the most musically-illiterate girls on the planet.

Hey. I bet you $10 that the person who "Dropped out" and "Couldn't handle the competition" was actually paid off to quit and let who they wanted to win win. They know a certain section of fans love the show and will stop watching if their favourites are kicked out, so they do stuff like this to keep their favourites in with a chance of winning.

• Brohoof 2

Well talking about bands the worst band I have ever heard was Sleeping With Sirens their lead singer sounds like a little girl... I saw them at Warped Tour with a friend and we hated that band so much. Another band I hate is nickelback all their songs are shallow and crappy.

• Brohoof 1

Even though your signature has links to digitally created songs? ;)

Mine's Brokencyde. That's just cringey.

Yes, that's just to get famous. :lol:

And the answer was not really thought out. 

I got the strange Dubstep fetish... nothing else. Maybe trap.

It's just so heavy.

Edited by Malawie
  • Brohoof 1

I won't go with super obvious bands/singers like One Direction, so I'll just pick one of metal bands I am not fan off instead. 

"New" Metallica (the one which began with St. Anger). 

Metallica was once a great thrash metal band, one of those which defined the genre. But now? St. Anger was album which was supposed to sound oldschool but it sounds awful. No solos which were one of best things about Metallica, drums sounding crappy, James vocals a lot worse than before. It was a huge letdown and I barely managed to listen to more than 4 songs. No offence to people who like it, I genuinely dislike the album and see it as one of most disappointing releases ever.

Same goes to another one - Death Magnetic. Compositions are pretty much copies of their old work structure-wise so it was far from original and lacked interesting riffs. What I hate most though is mastering. Album was compressed more than anything before, to the point I had to experience lots of distortion when listening to original CD. It destroyed entire fun when listening to it and it is truly a shame Metallica went that low ;/ (once again personal opinion)

I won't go with Lulu, because here probably everyone will agree that the album was some kind of a bad joke.

I don't like to listen to metal or heavy metal bands; they're too harsh for me. I don't see what's so great about people screaming their heads off -_-

Not every metal band is about screaming, Sparklie xD