If you found an opposite gender copy of yourself, what would you do?

Blue The Pikachu

If you found an opposite gender copy of yourself, what would you do?  

171 users have voted

1. 1. Would you:

• Date/Marry them?
    • Simply befriend them?
    • Ignore them?
    • Hate them?

This is like an existential thought experiment. If I found an identical versuon of me someone except of the opposite gender and came to know them it could offer a lot in terms of self-discovery and personal growth.

oh my gosh, I wouldn't know what to do!

I probably couldn't handle seeing it.

Being transgender, finding a version of me but only the gender I've always WANTED to be, well...

I wouldn't be able to stand being around them. Not because I hated them, but just because it would be such a glaring reminder of what I feel I should have been all along.

That's an interesting perspective to put on it; the factor of differentiation between gender certainly becomes different when applied to a transgendered outlook. If you yourself are transgendered than I think it would follow that your opposite would be as well. In such a case the dichotomy of your identities would not be as clear cut and your personal relation could have a deeper connection on that level than many others might have based on your similar desires and goals.

Edited by Roughshod

If I met my exact clone, opposite gender or not, I imagine our meeting would be something like this...

But I probably wouldn't marry them. My clone would understand that I need more variety and more of a challenge then that. If it's your clone, then it's way too easy.

• Brohoof 1

I'd befriend her, but not date her. I have a girlfriend who's pretty much my polar opposite in everything save very few things (like our sick sense of humor), and I wouldn't trade her for anyone.

That would be epic,  and we would become the best of friends. We would draw and write stories and read books and exchange opinions (not that we'd have different opinions), but we wouldn't date, 'cause we would totally blow it, and if he's a copy of me, he wouldn't want to anyway. X3

Edited by True Rarity

Shout, "BEGONE, DEMON!"  And throw hard-boiled eggs and cans of peas at her.

I'm in a relationship, so dating is out of the question; not that I'd date a gender swapped version of myself, anyhow.  That would be the ultimate act of narcissism lol.  And - contrary to what some may think - I'm actually nowhere near that fond of, well...  Me.  I'd much rather be able to magically change gender at will and as often as I liked.

Well if she plays PSO2. Befriend her and run TACOs all night!

Plus dating female me? Probably not... It'd be odd...

Edited by EddG

Exact copy eh? Well I would already be best friends with her, since you know we know everything already. Since I am talkative we could have long and interesting conversations, and then I would date  her :D. Well ofcourse me and my boyfriend weren't dating right now

This would happen.  (Don't mind the end part, it's not supposed to be there, I just couldn't find any good quality versions but this.)

Edited by ILikePi

This kind of reminds me of an episode of the Flintstones where Fred lies about something and this carbon copy of himself that only he can see and hear lives with him and won't leave him alone until he admits that he can't live with himself. Dating a girl with my exact personality sounds like it might be a good thing and it certainly would have its advantages like having the same values and a rather interesting sex life if things got that far (my list of fetishes and kinks is a fairly long one) but could also have a few downsides. I am one of the most stubborn people I know and though it is not nearly as bad as it used to be I do have a temper so any arguments we have could get very ugly very fast especially because neither one us would want to back down. 

I'm totally for self appreciation and all that jazz, but I think it would be a little awkward to date or marry somebody too much like me. Still I think the similarities in personality and interests would be enough that I would at least try to befriend them.

Actually, I have two OCs that are the same character, just separated as two different figures with each having a different gender.

Both being Tera and Kilobyte.

(Although I prefer my ponysona to be Tera, the female.)

Other than that, if I found my gender-opposite clone I would date her.

Befriend them...

Loving them and getting married would be a boring life, a perfect one, but boring. You would always think the same.

If i found my copy and got married, it would be the same from both sides and no new opinion. Next thing you know, the house will have thousands of pony merch in it. 

So yea.. Think i will stick with friending them.

Sometimes, it seems that I encounter the very thing from time-to-time!

Can't say it'd be an exact copy at all, but I'm just happy to befriend anyone, really. Plus, there'd be no use dating someone so similar to me in every way. It doesn't seem that exciting at all! The way I see it, the relationships you have with other people might conflict every now and then, but in the end it ends up widening your interests in the end that way.  ^_^

Now, I am not the love doctor by any means, but it seems a little silly to straight-out propose to somebody you hardly know. A lot of the times those around you know us better than we do ourselves.  :huh: