Do Girls Even Like MLP

Arctofire

if girls in this fandom were so rare, do you think that the term pegasister would have been made?

though I prefer to use brony as a gender neutral term and ignore the other term xD

but it's still there and still specifically used for the female fan base.

*OC Lucky Star*

Whether 'tis brony or pegasisters, there are indeed female older audiences, many of my friends on the forums are female, in fact I will say this is the most balanced friendship I ever had, I have both male and female friends, of many ages and national backgrounds. I think of this a break from the paradox, we are embroiled in, where it is okay for females to do guy things, but not cool for a male to do feminine things, I adore the fact I have female friends here on the forums, anyone I can have a good conversation with, or share a common hobby with, I proudly call my friend, so as the show goes on, I will continue to make friends, male and female alike.

I'm noticing several people on here saying that there are female bronies, but not as many as male bronies. I must say I think that's utterly ridiculous! In my experience, there is an even number of guys and girls who are fans of the show (and non-binary fans too!)

Whether the numbers of those who use the term brony itself are even, I'm less sure of. I am a woman, and I use the term to describe myself, but there are also women who don't. Some people seem to think it's exclusionary, and while I disagree with that I wouldn't describe anyone by a chosen term they weren't comfortable using for themselves. Personally, I love being a brony, I love the terms masculinity in contrast to the femininity of the show, and describing my very feminine self with it just makes the gender subversion all the more delicious. I can, however, also see how some might consider it's potential risks to be too great, in that they wouldn't want people seeing the fandom as male-dominated due to the masculine nature of the term (even if that is an erroneous assumption)

But I'm getting off-track, aren't I? Bottom line: there are girls/women in every single sector of MLP fandom. There is no escape. We are everywhere. We are legion. MUAHAHAHA.

(Sorry, I'll be going now...)

Fluttershy - Eloquence - Chamomile - Ginseng - Lovestruck

I can't believe this is even a question...

Why yes, yes there are girls that like My Little Pony. In fact, it is a show made for girls and marketed to girls. You see, My Little Pony has been very popular with girls and women since the 80's. It's kind of been a big deal for us for some time. In fact, it's the dudes who showed up late to the pony party. Soooooooooo... yeah. XD

Edited by Jennabun
  • Brohoof 5

34zysdz.png

pleasant pegasister fluttershy fangirl cupcake connoisseur

I can't believe this is even a question...

Why yes, yes there are girls that like My Little Pony. In fact, it is a show made for girls and marketed to girls. You see, My Little Pony has been very popular with girls and women since the 80's. It's kind of been a big deal for us for some time. In fact, it's the dudes who showed up late to the pony party. Soooooooooo... yeah. XD

Yes, this particular question really goes to show how far Bronies have become detached from reality. First they start claiming that the show is no longer for girls, now they're (Bronies) are claiming that they're the majority who enjoy the franchise and that the fact that girls would even like it is doubtful.

• Brohoof 4

mlpwoodwinds.jpg
Everything needs more woodwind!

Yup, I'm yet another girl who enjoys MLP. :) I do admit to having lost interest in it though (I no longer watch it) although I used to be really into it last year and the year before. I just tend to lose interest in things over time. :P I'm staying here on the forums to chat with all my wonderful friends though :)

֍֎֍֎

Statistically speaking, most of the adult fans are male. The ratio is about 4:1 males to females.

Don't believe me? Well then... I don't suppose there's anything I could do to convince you otherwise. But it's true.

Edit: nevermind, I found some proof. Look at that, 80.6% male and 17.7% female. That's almost exactly a 4:1 ratio. Actually, it's even more extreme at ~4.55:1. On this very forum, the ratio is closer to 3:1, 152 males and 49 females.

Edited by Regulus
  • Brohoof 2

AluKfrD.png

Tumblr

Statistically speaking, most of the adult fans are male. The ratio is about 4:1 males to females.

Don't believe me? Well then... I don't suppose there's anything I could do to convince you otherwise. But it's true.

Edit: nevermind, I found some proof. Look at that, 80.6% male and 17.7% female. That's almost exactly a 4:1 ratio. Actually, it's even more extreme at ~4.55:1. On this very forum, the ratio is closer to 3:1, 152 males and 49 females.

'Brony' sources are not necessarily fair.

There is a LARGE amount of adult women who like MLP but do not associate with the Brony fandom in any way whatsoever.

• Brohoof 4

mlpwoodwinds.jpg
Everything needs more woodwind!

I don't think there's much I can add here that isn't new. In the younger portions they make up a majority, in the older portions I'm not so sure if they do. I know my older sister has been a fan since she was really young and my younger cousin is a fan.

post-8308-0-55317300-1414605702.png

Signature by Kyoshi

Hymenoptera is the most superior order of insects. | I'm the best Street Fighter player ever... in my hometown.

Rosalina's #1 fanboy.

WHAT????
No woman watch this show! This is a male only show!
Girls watching MLP... That's so preposterous... I'm astounded that some people even think girls watch it!

• Brohoof 6

img-24134-1-img-24134-1-Sscj1oz.png

There's no doubt that girls like it. I mean, it's targeted towards them.

• Brohoof 1

"For every loud and idiotic kid in front of a computer, there's a quiet and passionate kid in front of a computer."

--Einstein on Video Games,2014

While it's already been said, yes, there are plenty of females who enjoy the show, it may just not be explicitly stated they are female many times, because it's kinda irrelevant in most cases. Plus I guess when you think of Bronies, you tend to think of the men who like MLP thing, which I guess people think of as more peculiar than the females who are of the same age roughly, but enjoy the show as well.

If your specifically speaking of young girls in the actual target demographic, there are plenty of those too, but of course you won't be seeing them on any brony forums or anything for obvious reasons ;p.

Ru8aWjK.png

Thanks to Gone Airbourne for the awesome sig!

My Oc's,

Ponysona, Bella

Why of course there are girls who like ponies.

Aside from the 2 girls stuffing my ponies at build a bear I have never met another fellow 'pegasister'. Out of all the fans I've met in real life they have all been guys. I'm not sure why it's hard to run across a female fan as opposed to male fans...maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.

I think that bronies are only a small minority in the fandom. The majority is made up of the actual target demographic, it's just that they don't have an impact on the net so they're not really heard from.

Pegasisters also exist, like me, though brony is becoming more of a gender neutral term. Plus it sounds less forced.

sig-7791.876021-t7CGn4DkVygiJMuG_zpsppwd

+~ Liebe ist für alle da ~+

My Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/shikarilukari