music Music genres you like that others dislike?

RainbowMau

Well, I'm not sure really. I guess in my closest group of friends, I enjoy some Electronic and Drum and Bass stuff that they aren't interested in at all, along with some Death Metal.

Vh9PDd9.png

I hope some people get the joke ^^

Certain people I know think that the music I listen to is "too soft", but the Oldies/Soft Rock that I listen to a lot are actually quite popular, although not as much in my generation, of course.

I suppose that Folk and Classical would be the ones that people are most mixed about. Early Music would probably be the only one that most others would outright dislike.

• Brohoof 1

mlpwoodwinds.jpg
Everything needs more woodwind!

I really love rock music, but I'm not a big fan of classic rock.  I'm more into post-rock or ambient music, the really slow and quiet stuff

Edited by shy0wl

img-14375-1-21br7yb.png

Along with punk rock, I also happen to like some pop punk since they're very catchy. I'm also into new wave/synthpop music and many people around my age either don't listen to it or embrace it and the only people around me that embrace it are usually older than me.

All my life needed was a sense of someplace to go. I don't believe that one should devote his life to morbid self-attention. I believe that someone should become a person like other people.

Ohohoho, I have a bunch.

-Death metal

-Dubstep

-Ambience

-Classically-infused metal

-Folk metal

Actually, basically a bunch of weird metal genres.

"For every loud and idiotic kid in front of a computer, there's a quiet and passionate kid in front of a computer."

--Einstein on Video Games,2014

Depends on who you ask. There's lots of metalheads out there but not so many who are fans of the particular bands and genres I like.

I also love trance and I've found maybe one or two other people who like trance besides myself.

This is only really counting people I've interacted with though and not representative of people as a whole.

• Brohoof 1

Depends on who you ask. There's lots of metalheads out there but not so many who are fans of the particular bands and genres I like.

I also love trance and I've found maybe one or two other people who like trance besides myself.

This is only really counting people I've interacted with though and not representative of people as a whole.

It's more like "metalheads". Some people say that they like metal, but really only like stuff like Black Veil Brides or *shudder* Blood on the Dance Floor.

• Brohoof 1

"For every loud and idiotic kid in front of a computer, there's a quiet and passionate kid in front of a computer."

Ohohoho, I have a bunch.

-Death metal

-Dubstep

-Ambience

-Classically-infused metal

-Folk metal

Actually, basically a bunch of weird metal genres.

I like all of these things except ambiance which I don't think I've heard much of, if any.

I've been listening to a lot of folk metal particularly because Equilibrium's Snuffel is one of my favorite songs of all time and want to find other music like it. So far I've found only one song to match it but I love the genre in general.

Power, melodic death and thrash (especially mixtures of the three) are my favorites. I can't seem to find many who like them though, particularly power and melodic death. Usually people like straight death metal but not so much the melodic side.

I'm fine with almost any genre of music as long as it sounds nice and the artist(s) clearly put effort or thought to making it. And yes, that includes modern pop music and on occasion dubstep. Heck, after growing up with an older sister who was into Nsync and Backstreet Boys, I may have a soft spot for the odd boy band tune. I have some sort of taste and preference, but I don't automatically cast aside music because of its genre. All songs that do not suck are welcome in the House of Citrus.

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 4

post-8308-0-29731900-1387311955.png

Onwards to my DeviantArt page!

Sig by the illustrious Kyoshi!

I like all of these things except ambiance which I don't think I've heard much of, if any.

I've been listening to a lot of folk metal particularly because Equilibrium's Snuffel is one of my favorite songs of all time and want to find other music like it. So far I've found only one song to match it but I love the genre in general.

Power, melodic death and thrash (especially mixtures of the three) are my favorites.

Do you happen to know about the metal cruise? They have a pretty sick lineup next year.

2015: http://70000tons.com/artists/

This year's was pretty kickass too.

2014: http://70000tons.com/history/line-up-2014/

Do you happen to know about the metal cruise? They have a pretty sick lineup next year.

2015: http://70000tons.com/artists/

This year's was pretty kickass too.

2014: http://70000tons.com/history/line-up-2014/

Can't say I've ever heard of it but I'm not one for concerts and I live on the west coast so I wouldn't be able to go to it even if I wanted to.

Black Metal. Metal in general gets alot of hate, but this one gets shit even from other metalheads.

Most people look for technicality, brutality, and sheer volume in metal.

Black Metal is meant to be atmospheric, and it's best when you're alone in a dark, cold room IMO

This is one of my favorite songs, but not exactly representative of the genre, as it has downtuned guitars, clean production, and complex riffs (at least as far as black metal goes)

Edited by Omega Centauri

...But that's just my opinion.

Can't say I've ever heard of it but I'm not one for concerts and I live on the west coast so I wouldn't be able to go to it even if I wanted to.

Yeah, but looking at th lineups is a good way to find new music.

Yeah, but looking at th lineups is a good way to find new music.

That's true, I suppose. I usually find my stuff through Youtube related videos and by using Pandora. Not a perfect strategy but it works better than just listening to the same music over and over again. :lol:

i like dnb, dubstep, trap, edm in general...though for some reason the people here regard even the music by mainstream artists like skrillex and deadmau5 as...well, not music. which is weird because if you think about it, a lot of pop music now are pretty much edm just with more words :/

✲゚。✧٩(・ิᴗ・ิ✲゚。✧

i like dnb, dubstep, trap, edm in general...though for some reason the people here regard even the music by mainstream artists like skrillex and deadmau5 as...well, not music. which is weird because if you think about it, a lot of pop music now are pretty much edm just with more words :/

There are a lot of genres that have elements of other genres and people can be both hypocritical about liking one and not the other as well as like genres for reasons they don't know because of those similarities.

It's fun to watch.

Black Metal. Metal in general gets alot of hate, but this one gets shit even from other metalheads.

Most people look for technicality, brutality, and sheer volume in metal.

Black Metal is meant to be atmospheric, and it's best when you're alone in a dark, cold room IMO

This is one of my favorite songs, but not exactly representative of the genre, as it has downtuned guitars, clean production, and complex riffs (at least as far as black metal goes)

I'm pretty down with black metal. I like Satyricon quite a bit.