Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone here a "Budget" gamer?

TheMisterManGuy

Most of the games I play ARE already old, underrated and downpriced. I don't really bother with most triple A titles now a days.

The average price for the games I purchase is around 5-7 bucks.  :P

I still can't believe in America $60 for a game is considered a high price. You should come to Australia, newly released retail games are usually around $120. :P I should buy my games from America if the shipping isn't too expensive.

Anyway, I'm not a budget gamer, though I do understand that not everyone can afford every single new game that comes out. ;p

If you ever seen the taxes they put on us, you wouldn't be sayin that.

The only games I buy on launch are Wii U/3DS games and from time to time maybe a steam game that I don't feel like waiting for a sale for. I'm not a "budget" gamer, I just buy if I want it enough, but steam sales do help.  :toldya:  

Yeah, I'd say. I don't get many new games every year except the ones I really want, otherwise I like to look for great old stuff I've missed/haven't played in ages for cheap- the more niche, the better! :please:

You want to fit gaming in your budget? Steam sales FTW.

And humble bundles! https://www.humblebundle.com/

I'v saved so much money from steam sales and humble bundles, all of which are quality games (or at least from what I'v boughten). Heck i'v most likely saved THOUSANDS over the years. (humble bundles include comics and other stuff though, like how i got the entire MLP:FiM comic series for just the $15 (valued at $200). Then of course recently they did the $600 mega bundle for $15 (i wasnt interested in what it had though, so i didnt get it :P ) .... If it aint on sale it aint worth getting I say! :D

P.S. Supporting charity makes you awesome.

I'm apparently cheap as a biscuit on wholesale! :D. But i say its just being a tad smarter with money :lol:. It lets me spend it on more important things, like bills. And honestly, most people (i know) who buy physical copies of games (usually at full/retail price) just end up selling them off (or trade in) to buy more games. But when you get things for great bargains to begin with, you cut out the middle man and keep the games AND the money! :)

I have only ever pre-ordered 2 games in my life, and they have been Saints Row 4, and Destiny for the PS4. Both of which were totally worth it.

Edited by BrightShine
  • Brohoof 1

I wouldn't call myself a budget gamer. I definitely look for sales and whatnot but I don't mind buying games at full price either. The thing is that I have so many games I've yet to play that by the time I get to a lot of games it's long after a price drop.

I tend to buy games in bulk, which means buying cheap games over expensive games. Gives me more games to play. Because of that new games get left in the dust quite often. I think the only games I've bought when they were new and expensive in recent years are DmC, Sonic Generations, Ni No Kuni and Dark Souls II. :P

I will ABSOLUTELY, I mean, ASOLUTELY , will NOT buy a $60 game. When a new game comes out, I wait however many months it takes it to fall below $25. I try to make sure I'll even like the game, at that- I don't like the thought of spending money on something I might not like. 

I try to not buy anything on Steam until a big sale is going on. I also like to browse the games that are below $5.

I'll never understand why people are strictly against buying $60 games. If you want a game, just go buy it. I wouldn't think price matters over how much you want the game. I guess everyone's different though. I'm the type where if I want a game the price won't prevent me from having it even if it's $80. I paid that much to get a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles. :lol:

I haven't spent 60 dollars on a game in a long time, mostly because i'm a broke college kid... I just save my money and wait for steam sales then I just buy all the games I want. It's not that I don't mind paying full price for a game it's just that I usually never have the money to buy a game on release. 

Since I don't have the money to buy $60 games on launch day, and since many current PS4 and Xbone retail games don't really interest me. I've basicaly been doing most of my gaming from digital titles, used games, and handhelds. That doesn't mean I won't buy a retail PS4 game ever. But the amount of fun, cheap PSN and eShop games available. Plus, the backlog of 7th gen games that probably dirt cheap now. I think I'm content for the time being.

Yep.

I only buy games during steam's sales.

I like to buy games used or on crazy sale on Steam unless there's an exclusive preorder bonus or a limited time bundle offered.

I didn't buy a PS3 until last year and I still have very few games for it. I wasn't going to pay 600 bucks for a system. I got my fully backwards compatible 60gb PS3 last year for 220 something, swapped in a 750gb which is way overkill for space since I don't download much anyway, and called it done. Plays all my older games as well as PS1 games (I only own Xenogears) which I can start buying used now since I never had a PS1.

If I do buy a game new I LAUGH at the prices Gamestop offers to buy games for. They're ridiculously low! Sure they gotta make a profit, but they were for example offering to buy Sapphire for 25 when they new price is 35. That's highway robbery and the trade in value goes down over time. And people ask me why I never trade games in. Because I'd lose the game and get basically pennies for it. You can argue pennies is better than nothing, but I argue that losing the game is tons worse than getting pennies for it.

Edited by bronislav84