Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite Fanfic?

Pinkieandsuch

Hi everypony, I was wondering what your favorite fanfic is. It doesn't have to be MLP, but if you can I'd like to keep it mostly MLP fanfics. I personally am into ( or used to be ) sad fanfics, so in love/hate My little dashie and I couldn't wake you, because you can never wake up again. Anyway, just curious.

Edited by Pinkieandsuch

Well, if you are going for pre-MLP, that would be Timedancer for Gargoyles.  http://tgs.gargoyles-fans.org/td/

If you are going MLP and not including fics that you wrote yourself...  Current fics would be The Moon's Apprentice, Take Two, Sharing the Night, Quantum Castaways, Arrow 18,

Friendship is Optimal (law offices and always say no), Background Pony, Lost to the Sands, The Best Night Ever,

• Brohoof 1

Hmm, tough one, more into Romance-Comedy, or dark (leading to the good gore stuff. It does exist,) myself.

Probably either:

Our Voices Carry Through the Hills 

Silent Ponyville (I know, I know, not the best writing ever, but I loved it for reasons)

Or Abandoned House on the Prairie (Now THAT was something)

Runners up include:

On a Cross and Arrow (again, because reasons)

Romance Reports (Yeah, clop, but tasteful and a good story)

Without a Hive

Past Sins

The Life and Times of a Winning Pony

The timeloop fic involving Blueblood, and the one with Twilight

Ooh, and so many more! But I shan't delve deeper into my library now to waste your time any further.

Edited by Shardikku

All can be search for on http://fimfiction.net

Warning: Each has at least one chapter or more of clop or close to it or mentions clop in some way, shape or form.

My top 6 MLP FanFics

------------------------------------------------

Fallout Equestria

Ember's

Royal Duties

M0re Than Gam3rs

Honey Pie

Honey Pie II: The Wrath of Chrysalis

------------------------------------------------

Sorry about no Non-MLP fanfic. I haven't really found anything else to invest time into reading or worth reading at all. But I read all kinds of fanfics: grim dark, dark, comedy, adventure. I like to have a variety.

Favorite 'fics are toss up between  comedy shippings (The Ballad of Twilight Sparkle by Gravekeeper and Allegrezza by CoffeGrunt) and a depressing story about anti-depressants (Take This Pill by Regidar). I like both sides of the feels, it seems.

Favorite fanfic? That's... that's too hard for me D: I can offer my top eleven, though not in any particular order. Why top 11? Because I like to go one step beyond. : D

Friendship is Optimal by Iceman

A Good Girl Never... by Anonymoose

The Queen of Hearts by Pumpernickel Rye

Fallout: Equestria by Kkat

Daring DONE! by Aragon

Gobbling and Other Traditional Pursuits by LadyMoondancer

Twilight's First Time by Mr Maximus

To Be Remembered by MrSpartan

Beautiful: Rainbow Dash by Nom_deCheval and its counterpart Beautiful: Fluer de Lis by TheLandgrave

Project: Sunflower by Hoopy McGee

The Contest by Cold in Gardez

I quite liked "On a Cross and Arrow". I've always liked Rule 63 stories.

Flying in the wrong Lane has also been a very favorite of mine. Unfortunately the writer simply stopped writing it. :/

But right now the big ones are all made by the writer Calm Wind. He has made a complete storyline, featuring all of the Mane 6. The focus story right now is Piercing The Heavens, a whopping half-a-million words fanfic that is still being written and will probably reach the million words. It's a SoarinDash fic mixed with Wonderbolt stuff. However, it's cleverly written and it's really enjoyable to read. It requires previous stories Head in the Clouds and Flying Sky-High because they are essential in the story of Piercing the Heavens.

We actually have a much larger thread for recommending fanfics and posting your favorite fanfics here: http://mlpforums.com/topic/109-favourite-recommended-fanfictions/

Please feel free to share your favorite fanfics over on that thread.

Also keep in mind in the future that General Discussion is actually reserved for topics not having to do with MLP or the fandom, so this sort of a thread would actually belong in Sugarcube Corner.