Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Forums MLB Baseball Thread

Doctor XFizzle

My 3 very least favorite teams are in last place it's pretty good, now if only the Yankees could only do better.

I hate the Yanks, but I hate Boston more for them beating my Indians in the 2007 ALCS. I will never get over this, EVER.

(edited)

Now, my mind escapes me, other then beat the Indians in the ALCS what exactly did they do? Was there some kind of Red Sox /Indians altercation there that I'm missing? Or was it just that the Red Sox won?

In other news Cole Hamels has been suspended for five games because he said he hit Washington Phenom Bryce Harper in the small of his back on purpose. Nice going dumb ass, even if you deliberately hit a player you don't just admit that it was done on purpose.

Edited by RainbowDashFan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
(edited)

The Chicago White Sox manage to win again to extend their winning streak to 9. The Sox are on fire!

On another note, the NL East's pretty tight so far:

Washington 29-21

NY Mets 29-23

Miami 29-23

Atlanta 28-24

Philadelphia 28-25

Come on Bravos! Get the lead back!

EDITED: I had to edit my post because the standings I've posted didn't show up correctly.

Edited by Deemo

No-Hitter

Johan Santana

First in Mets history.

I can die in peace now.

I was shitting bricks on that ball that Baxter caught.

Words fail me right now, so I shall leave you all with this:

Posted Image

• Brohoof 4

I was shitting bricks on that ball that Baxter caught.

Haha. I saw that in the coverage. I only started watching in the ninth inning. Was holding my breath whenever they made contact with the ball ^_^

Haha. I saw that in the coverage. I only started watching in the ninth inning. Was holding my breath whenever they made contact with the ball ^_^

lol that was probably the only baseball game I watched where my team was up more than 4 runs and I was still having a heart attack. ^_^

I watched all 27 outs. I had debated whether or not to go out for food before the game started but instead elected to have something at home.

Best decision I've made in recent memory.

I swore the no-no was going to be broken up somewhere around the 7th. It usually is. I remember Glavine getting to the 8th with a no-hitter against the Rockies in 2004 before it was broken up. Around the 4th or 5th inning I jokingly told my dad that if the Mets got the lead and then the rain came in, the Mets might end up with their first no-hitter. Obviously that ultimately wasn't necessary.

This is a night to savor.

• Brohoof 2

Stack up another historic baseball achievement! Way to go, Johan! I'm happy for the Mets.

Too bad they seem to be having only a moderately-good year. Tied with the NL East leaders, the leaders of every other divisions are higher, but the Mets still have a good chance here.

You never know, it's only, like what, not even a quarter through the season yet?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Words fail me right now, so I shall leave you all with this:

Posted Image

Wow. Looking at that now: Full count, 2 outs, Top of the 9th, and 133 pitches...jesus christ, this is pretty much proof that the 2012 mayan prophecy is real.

Edited by Strafe
  • Brohoof 1

Too bad they seem to be having only a moderately-good year. Tied with the NL East leaders, the leaders of every other divisions are higher, but the Mets still have a good chance here.

If you ask most of us Mets fans, we're pleasantly surprised by the performance of this group. There is a lot of room for improvement (especially in the bullpen), but most everyone had the Mets slated for last place this year. Plenty of season is left to play, but so far the team has been pretty solid. A lot of credit has to go to Collins who, despite his reputation as a poor players' manager prior to coming to the Mets, really seems to get the most out of his players.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Stack up another historic baseball achievement! Way to go, Johan! I'm happy for the Mets.

You never know, it's only, like what, not even a quarter through the season yet?

First of all, congrats Johan Santana on making history not only for the Mets, but for your MLB career.

Second, it's anypony's game in the NL East. It's been a tough division to lead because of the competition and I love the competition. The Mets has got an equal chances like the other teams in this division, which what makes it fun. I just hope my Bravos lead it before the All-Star break. :ph34r:

Edited by Deemo

Yeah, guys, sorry for my lack of knowledge and speculation, I can only know so much about the rest of the league, let alone the same for other sports that I have favorite teams in. ^^

I just usually go with what I assume. :P But thanks for clearing it up.

Anyone else notice the fan getting tackled by the security guards while the Mets were celebrating near the mound. :wacko:

The guy with the Gary Carter jersey? Yeah. I suppose he'll live on in instant replay immortality, but what a dope.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The guy with the Gary Carter jersey? Yeah. I suppose he'll live on in instant replay immortality, but what a dope.

I missed it, Is there any video on that?

PS: Your avatar is pretty much imitating how I was watching the game, I stood just as still xD.

Edited by Strafe

What happened last night at Citi Field was NOT "amazing"! It never will be "amazing"!

What happened last night was

Posted Image

Excellent performance by Santana last night! The first no-no in Mets history, the first in Queens since Jim Bunning's perfecto in 1964, Shea Stadium's inaugural season. While I'm not that big a fan of the Mets, this was one piece of history that has eluded them for so long. Tom Seaver, Nolan Ryan, Dwight Gooden. Jerry Koosman. Ron Darling. Sid Fernandez. David Cone. Al Leiter. Hideo Nomo. Pedro Martinez. The list goes on and on, and not one of them threw a no-hitter as a Met. Some former Mets actually threw no-nos after leaving the squad. Gooden, Cone, and Philip Humber (from April 21st this year) are just some of them.

Last night, Santana filled that void by pitching a beautiful gem. The Cardinals are the number-one offense in baseball in comparison to Minnesota and Seattle. Furthermore, Santana had to face the heart of the order: Holliday, Craig, and Freese. Holliday was an MVP candidate a few years ago. Alan Craig is an up-and-coming star. David Freese saved the Cards from losing in the World Series last year.

8,019 games ago, the Mets debuted as a franchise, and they never threw a no-hitter. Finally, in their 8,020th game, on Johan Santana's 134th pitch of the night, the last missing piece that's eluded them for over fifty seasons is in place.

Well done, Santana! :D

• Brohoof 1

While speaking to some folks who were sitting in front of us for today's game (R.A. Dickey FTW!!!), I learned that the man who ran onto the field was apparently banned for life from Citi Field.

Enshrined for the ages or not, it is not worth never seeing a Mets' game in person again (save, perhaps, for road games).