Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would I need to make a costume?

Lektra Bolt

It's a bit late for this year's Ponycon NYC, but I was thinking I'd like to dress up next year as my character in EG style. My character is female and I'm not, so that's going to be a challenge in itself. 

I was wondering what I would need to make the costume believable and where I'd get materials. Backpack not included, of course.

Is this the right section to post this in?

best way to make a costume is simple creativity..... I made a cosplay of the RED Scout from TF2 out of old clothing I owned and clothing I bought at Goodwill and Walmart

you just need to have a good idea of what you are making and what you can use to get the image of your cosplay

if your still having trouble you can always use someone else's design on YouTube, there is bound to be a "how to" somewhere explaining what you need

• Brohoof 1

It would help if you gave more information about who your character is. A picture would be good too. I love Twilight, but I'd kind of like to dress as The Great and Powerful Trixie RR version.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

She's in my signature, unless you have signatures disabled? I'm looking for very specific advice on things I'd need for this character as a costume. No idea where to start even.

Edited by bronislav84

She's in my signature, unless you have signatures disabled? I'm looking for very specific advice on things I'd need for this character as a costume. No idea where to start even.

I just checked your link. First thing I guess would be you need a tool belt from somewhere. Sorry, I don't know where to get one. Do you know anyone with tools? Maybe you could borrow something. Lektra's mane and tail sound rather difficult to pull off in real life. You have your work cut out for you!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I don't know anybody who could loan me a tool belt, but I could probably buy one.

The mane and tail are the main reason I made this thread, as well as clothes suggestions. The only thing I wouldn't make is her backpack.

Edited by bronislav84

• 2 weeks later...

Your best best would be to make a wig out of synthetic hair, back comb for volume, crimp the longer pieces, then set, possibly with Elmer's glue.

Would be quite an undertaking, but that's how it would work the best. Either that or change your OC to something simpler to reproduce.

I'm having trouble understanding how that would work. Would I put the hair in a glue mold or make it not out of actual hair? 

I've never made a costume before.

I like her mane as is, but yea I realize it's going to be hard to make in real life.