Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you had more money than you would ever need, what would you do with it?

ElementOfTenacity

(edited)

For any future posters wondering "how much is 10,000,000 euros?" its about $12,502,000 in USD

What I would do? Well obviously invest just to ensure that if I somehow blow off all of the money I'll still have some more coming in.

But the first thing I would buy is Tony Stark's house from Iron Man 1 (if that house wasn't real then I'll have it built). Then I'll buy a Ford GT and convert it to a convertable. Then I'll buy multiple countries in Africa worth less than $10,000,000 and make them prosperous and I'll unite them into a single nation with me as there ruler and I will be a very powerful world figure MWAHAHA

But it's pounds, not Euros.

I'd keep enough to live normally and give the rest away.

Edited by Chill Mists (Chilly)

(edited)

Convert it to AMURRICAN dollars and then complain about the exchange rates as I hold my $7,000,000 while everyone else is partying with their 10,000,000 GBP

Buy house, place some in investments/stocks/bonds, stash away for college tuition for my children, get season tickets for the Red Wings

Edited by Doctor XFizzle
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Donations, donations, donations.

Maybe a nice, little house by the mountains with my own windmills and water supply.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and some investments as well as following my dreams as a multiple-job/career kind of guy.

Edited by Zee Captain (Croaks)

If it is after I get my bachelor's degree in Physics, then I will use it to pay my college tuition. If it is after; I will use it to get a formal education in arts and writings while sustaining myself with the money as well for the duration.

I could care absolutely less about owning a house, business or having an intimate relationship. I realized that I am at my happiest when I concentrate on sorting out my seemingly never-ending train of thoughts. If it takes a multiple way of expression to calm my brain down, then why not? I will just continue to learn to do new things, new ideas until I die.

I would move to New York City, taking a certain girl who loves NY with me, hopefully date her, buy a house, put all the money in a bank with the highest interest we can find, and pick up random hobos off the street, and let them stay with us until they get a job, and then send them out and get new hobos.

And we would never need to work. Ever.

I might start a business, meant for hobos. For 2 dollars a night, people can sleep in a sleeping tube. There would just be giant rows of tubes in the walls. At least 400 in the building. Making money and giving shelter to the homeless, yay!

Oh yeah, my and my girlfriend would be smoking weed everyday. We'd give the hobos some too.

(Converting GBP to USD)

So, that would be 15,617,338 USD

1. Live out of current residence and use current MoT

2. Open two checking/one saving ($ 10k in savings, $10k in C1 and $1K C2 to start off)

3. Apply for a job w/ 401k and good company match

4. Invest 15% in mutual funds (25/25/25/25 Blue chip, international, etc.)

5. Utilize current job's 401k

6. Utilize Roth IRA one 401k meets company's match

7. Continue investing in mutual funds, bump cost of living, revise budget accordingly.

first invest good, then slowly buy a Bugatti Veyron 16.4, DeLorean, Mustang GT, GT by Citroën, and some lambos, like the SV and baby lambo. Then my life would nearly be complete... if some how I had money left ( I could more easly tell if money was USD ) I would donate it to...... helping Americans... so many poor homeless people...

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 runs ~1.5 million USD (edmunds.com)

Delorean runs 30k to 50k USD, unless you're looking for a copy of the Delorean from Back to the Future; then it's going to vary much more, I would think.

Mustang GT runs 22,200 USD (MSRP, like anyone pays that, heu heu) (http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/)

Citroën runs ~2 million USD according to a post in the New York TImes (http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/14/citroen-confirm-2-million-gt-supercar/)

2010 Lamborghini Murciélago LP670-4SV runs 361,400 USD (http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2010-lamborghini-murcielago-lp670-4-sv-first-drive-review)

Lambo Jalpa runs ~50k USD

That's going to leave you around 11,633,738 or 11,653,738 USD, so you'll have plenty left.

I just think it would be better to invest first; then you can buy some goodies other than cars ;)

Helping America, donating, and assisting the homeless are good ideas, ain't they? Good stuff.

I would move to New York City ... buy a house.

NYC real estate is going to run you millions right off the bat (http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/New_York-New_York/market-trends/_)

You know how it goes: "Location, location, location."

Try a smidge outside of NYC; you'll save a good amount.

...put all the money in a bank with the highest interest we can find...

Whoa whoa, hold yer horses, p'rtner; don't put all of your money in a checking/savings; those hardly make enough interest for toilet paper.

Put some in for emergencies and envelope payments - like a few months worth of regular living expenses.

Put a good ~15% in different mutual funds, or any other fairly safe money market account (with decent interest.)

I might start a business, meant for hobos. For 2 dollars a night, people can sleep in a sleeping tube. There would just be giant rows of tubes in the walls. At least 400 in the building. Making money and giving shelter to the homeless, yay!

Aside from the Matrixesque tone of this idea, I think it could work if done properly.

As long as you're investing properly, and you tweak some of the ideas, you'll be doing a good thing for your community.

Oh yeah, my and my girlfriend would be smoking weed everyday. We'd give the hobos some too.

(Unless shit starts going the right way with the Cannabis laws:)

>Smoke weed erryday

>Follow my charitable business venture and help the lesser off.

Pick one.

You wouldn't be poor enough to go unnoticed, and you wouldn't be rich enough to get away with it.

I would open a foundation where street dogs would have medical care, food and would be groom so that way people would adopt them :)

Aww, that's great. :blush:

You should be able to keep that open for a while with proper diversification of investments and all that jazz.

Convert it to gold coins so I could dive into a pool of it.

• Brohoof 1

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLxReBOIJbA

Lol I remember seeing that on tv one day, but i get at what your going at. but hey, who needs a house if you got a cool car?

Lol I remember seeing that on tv one day, but i get at what your going at. but hey, who needs a house if you got a cool car?

Dude, totally; it's a Porsche.

"Bluh bluh bluh my family"

Oh, god; I love that quote.

Firstly I would buy the best PC and internet speed available.

Then order a life size Twilight Sparkle plushie.

Then I'm going to hug the plushie. *Then die from cuteness overdose.*

OH yeah, i can do nice with that kinda money.

Oh yeah, i can do good with that kinda money

OH yeah, I can buy rice with that money

Oh yeah, I can buy wood with that kind of money

Pics related: They're what I'd buy

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

I still don't understand why I do these things.

Now, on topic, what would you do with that kind of money?

I would buy a state of the art alienware computer, then buy a state of the art game design software, after that probably give the rest to charity or something.

I would buy a state of the art alienware computer, then buy a state of the art game design software, after that probably give the rest to charity or something.

Just make sure your four walls are established

1.Food

2.Utilities

3.Shelter

4. Transportation

Also invest, but that stuff's boring:

I wouldn't mind having an Alienware :P