If you had more money than you would ever need, what would you do with it?

ElementOfTenacity

I would build the underground home of my dreams, build a smart system to prevent flooding and then continue working and living a modest life with whatever is left over. Oh, and a small outhouse looking building on the surface that is actually connected to a stairwell leading into the house.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

If I had a bunch of money, I'd probably buy the nicest five octave marimba I could find, and a nice collection of mallets to go with it. Ooh and I could get a new snare drum too, not to mention cymbals, tambourines, triangles... So, I'd probably blow a large sum on buying nice percussion equipment... =P

I could donate some of it to charities and such. I'd definitely donate to my church. I also would donate to charities dedicated to helping those poverty. I would probably drop some $ on education too, since I think that's really important. And I'd give money to my old high school band program. 

After that I'd pay for college, set some away for a rainy day, invest some, and treat my friends to some nice gifts. And maybe take a shopping spree or two. :P

Edited by lincolnshirepony

I'd like to point out that you couldn't by a city with a million dollars or, for that matter, keep the amount of shops a city contains stocked with a million dollars. Also a million dollars isn't as much in pounds, I don't know the exchange rate so I'm just going to put it at £750,000.

If I had that much I would set it aside for my future, use it to pay for university (if I ever get there).

I would then save it as I got a job and I would spend most of my life with the rest of the money in my bank account. When I retired I would buy a lovely place out in the countryside, away from any cities and towns, so I could have a clear and full view of the night sky, without light pollution getting in the way.

*sigh* My dreams and wishes are simple ones.

I would move into the house me and my roomies wanted,give some money to each of my friends whos helped me so much and of corse my family while saving 250k for a rainy day.

the rest would go to everyone here on the forums, without you guys I wouldent be able to eat. ;3

I would buy a house for my family and I, use that money for college, have a nice vacation once in a while, and retire with traveling the world. I wouldn't want to spend it all at once.

I'd fund the construction of an interdimensional manipulator that would allow me to travel to Equestria. 
Fuck all of them starving African children in Cambodia!

• Brohoof 1

A million dollars? Well, I'd lose my health insurance, and my bills would skyrocket, along with my taxes. Realistically, I'd probably be able to keep about 750,000 of that million. So of that 750, I'd most likely pay off my parent's house, their car, and buy a nice little dark blue Volvo for myself. I'd splurge and buy some new clothes, most likely from Talbots, which would probably bring the overall amount of money down to 600,000.

With that future money, I'd pay for my college ('cos I sure ain't qualifying for any more financial aid now), change my degree to something like accounting so I could handle the money I'd been given better. I'd give a good chunk of it to my church, probably 50K, so they could get a better sound system and it would help out our missionaries.

I'd probably have about 350K left now, and about half of that would go into stocks and the bank, for investment purposes. With the rest of the money, I'd probably go traveling, to Europe and see Ireland and France like I always wanted to.

Oh, and buy some nice pony merch with the loose change I have left over. ^^

• Brohoof 2

As much as part of me wants to pull an Eric Cartman and say "screw you guys I am going home" to my employer I think I owe it to the majority of my coworkers who are actually nice people especially my partner in crime in the dairy section to leave with some dignity and class by giving my two weeks notice. After I am officially out though I am going to do one hell of a screw you in the form of a youtube video to all the people in that company that stabbed me in the back.

After that whole business is done I would be able to accelerate my plans to get my life back together. I would continue taking driving classes and wouldn't have to worry about finding someone to practice with so I would knock that out of the way ASAP. I would also get myself a nice car a really nice car I don't know which one yet but I think I can figure something out. I would also accelerate my plans to become an author by writing nearly every day and would also have more time to write this fanfic I have been writing which would also be pretty sweet.

I would also join a gym and get an intense workout regimen, one day of upper body followed by one day of lower body with weekends off to allow my body to heal and recover. And I would of course accelerate my educational plans, I am going back to school but only taking two classes because it is the first time being back in 3 years. Then I would put more effort into socializing and dating, while I am not one of those desperate people who thinks he will be "forever alone" if he dosen't find a mate right away I still want a girlfriend and sometimes if you want something out of life you have to be willing to go out and get it.

I would also pay off my condo to get that out of the way maybe either rent it out or sell it and upsize to someplace a bit better. Other than that and splurging slightly more my overall spending habits probably wouldn't change too much as I do not like taking on more debt than I have to and always pay my bills and credit card on time.

I would most likely end up spending most of that money on bills/rent and paying for college...  Though I'd probably buy a decent working car and would probably move somewhere else.  Not to mention buy some much needed new clothing and otaku/gamer/brony merchandise, covering the walls with ponies and The great lord Akuuuuuuu~.  :muffins: 

1333175986921.jpg

• Brohoof 2

I would probably buy some anime art, My Little Pony comics and merchandise, an exact working replica of the Green Goblin glider from Spider-Man with the pumpkin bombs included, smoke bombs, candy, and probably buy a huge company.

• Brohoof 1

I would save it, try to get myself a high-paying job, keep saving, and then buy an island when I think I have enough money, live there, then make a town or a city, build more after there's enough funds, then turn it into an independent communist country.

On vacations with friends. For some of my farther away friends to come visit, especially the ones from college. 

After that I'd make sure my rent was paid as well as my bills for as long as possible. If I can spare a little bit maybe a new graphics card.

With ten million Euros, I would walk to the nearest supermarket and purchase it, or, at least as much of it as I could. After that, I would close it down, break it down, and sell the empty lot for twenty million Euros.

There were several threads in existence asking what members would do if they found themselves in possession of an obscene amount of money, though the amount varied with each thread. All of them have been merged into this one (which has been given a more general title) since they were all asking pretty much the same thing.

I would by myself the biggest cocaine mountain that ever existed

With more money that I would ever need, guessing around 20m, I would help out the homeless because they deserve a far better chance than they get, even with all the support. And trust me, being homeless is NOT fun.

I'd put all the money on the the bank and wait until it grows bigger. Not because I'm greedy or anything but the life I have now is great and there isn't really anything that I'm missing. Though with so much dough I could go on vacation a bit more often, get lenses for my eyes, buy the furniture I want, donate money to the artists I support etc. Mostly things on impulse really. I'm not really careful with my money so whenever I see something that I want I just buy it, except in this case I would actually have the money to afford it.

I'd stylize my house more to an Arabian theme, as well as move to a warm country, buy the guitar I always wanted, spend more money on clothes.

Oh and most importantly, buy ALL the pony merchandise.

I would take care of myself and family, then I would help others. I don't have it too good here, but there are certainly people who have it worse than I. I think using my fortune to help charity cases would make me much happier than giving myself everything that I never really wanted.

Get extremely powerful gaming equipment and whatnot. Those cost quite a bit.

I'd also definitely donate a lot to charity. I honestly don't need a fancy house or workers. I just need the best of equipment for my hobby and to be able to help those in need.

(edited)

Move to Switzerland. Trade all my money into gold, real estate. I would convert about 10% of that to euro for monetary spending. Buy a mansion in the swiss mountains, make a badass gaming PC and buy every game on steam.

The next thing I would do is invest in theoretical physics as well as cures for cancer and general medical technology advancement. Buy myself a small army of mercenaries for protection.

Said investments in medical technologies would be rendered effective as I release the T virus into the world (my doing). Said mercenary's would protect me and I would have a giant bunker with enough canned food for 500 years. I would charge people up the bum for entrance and after I had milked that I would release a "new" cure into the air rendering the zombies dead.

As the last person alive with any significant stake of money in the universe I would conquer the world.

Oh yeah and I would put more money into theoretical physics department thus opening a portal to equestria.. 

Edited by DoctorWhoAreYouvian

I would probably donate a chunk of it to charity. Animal charities most probably as I don't think they get as much support as human charities.

But I would also want a house and a nice car. And cats...

-Pay off all my student loans and car payments, move to either Seattle, Canada, England, or Japan. 

-Buy my own personal library to live in and I'm not just saying that as a Twilight Sparkle fan. I've always wanted my own personal library. -I'd commission a massive portrait of me in 19th century clothes with an epic mustache.

-Give a bunch of money to some random person on the street just to see what happens.

-Eat a member of an endangered species.

-Donate a bunch of money to a charity that would actually use all of it for actual charity.

-Maybe become a criminal mastermind.

-Get a white long haired cat to go with the criminal mastermind bit.

-Buy a lifetime of happiness first and foremost. People can say that money doesn't buy happiness, but that is all lies. The only way to have happiness is if you have enough cash.

-I would donate to this site because I love this place and would gladly support it.

-Donate to charities

-Use the cash to buy a private island where I can live the rest of my days in seclusion from every other human being on the face of earth.

Well, you make it sound like I'd be set for the rest of my life with all of this money, and I can't give it to anyone else, so...

First of all, I'd set aside money to buy a nice car with ridiculously good mileage. However, I wouldn't buy it as soon as I could, because I can't drive it now. 

Then I'd put aside a good sum of money to go to a top-notch university or college.

Perhaps I'd set aside a tiny bit with the stock market.

Personally, I'm at an age where I could only do so much with this money if I had it. I'd feel the need to give some to my family for whatever they may need, despite them getting out of business debt a few years ago. Also, I have a cousin in her late twenties who's a very hard worker, but is terrible with managing money and is now stuck in a rut of debt, so I'd probably get her out of that. Her former car recently got in an awful crash,so I'd probably give her money for a new one.

Once again, there's only so much I can do with this money at the age I am, and there's people around me that need this money more than I do. However, there's a lot of factors to this question. If I got this money in a few years from now, I'd probably finish my high school education, then become officially emancipated by finding a place for me to live a university where I can continue my studies.

After giving money to charities so I don't get judged on my emotionless ways. I would by a nice quiet home in a safe area, make the bombest gaming station ever and buy Jack Dohnagy to turn my money into more money. Now then lets hire a team Sheldon Cooper liked genius duplicates to make a portal to Equestria and then I would screen Bronies and Pegasisters so they could go for free as a thank you to an awesome fan base. Lastly buy Tuvan throat singers so I could have them sing as my background music, because you know I just can