Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Thoughts on PonyTube

ChikaChan

Why would we really need this?

If I want to see pony videos/music, I simply search up whatever MLP-related thing I want to find in the YouTube searchbox. And more specifically for music we have brony artists on Bandcamp, Soundcloud and now Pony.fm.

If I want to see pony images/fanfics I'd go to deviantArt, Derpibooru or FIMFiction.

And to answer my question, you'd probably say "Oh, so it's all in one place and all that material is easily accessible." But is it really that hard to open a new tab and search up "DeviantArt" or the other websites I mentioned?

Edited by Flitter
  • Brohoof 8

Interested. If this catches on I feel like it would be more of a side avenue for the artists since I doubt they would be able to make any money off the site like YouTube.post-31947-0-72685900-1423364027.pngpost-31947-0-28998500-1423364039.png

If I want to see pony videos/music, I simply search up whatever MLP-related thing I want to find in the YouTube searchbox. And more specifically for music we have brony artists on Bandcamp, Soundcloud and now Pony.fm.

If I want to see pony images/fanfics I'd go to deviantArt, Derpibooru or FIMFiction.

And to answer my question, you'd probably say "Oh, so it's all in one place and all that material is easily accessible." But is it really that hard to open a new tab and search up "DeviantArt" or the other websites I mentioned?

I guess is makes everything uniform. Like, DeviantArt works differently than Youtube. If there was a service that provided any content in a specific universal way, I'd sure use it.

• Brohoof 1

I guess is makes everything uniform. Like, DeviantArt works differently than Youtube. If there was a service that provided any content in a specific universal way, I'd sure use it.

But again, it's not that hard to use both YouTube and DeviantArt. They're different, sure, but not that different that we need an easier-to-use mix of the two.

• Brohoof 1

But again, it's not that hard to use both YouTube and DeviantArt. They're different, sure, but not that different that we need an easier-to-use mix of the two.

Well, I've always found FimFiction hard to use. Its design is a little weird for me. And I also know people that can't stand Derpibooru's layout. 

Making a universal website that has a uniform interface for all content types is, essentially, making content easier to view. Especially if they implement my ideas of customization. ;)

• Brohoof 2

Well, I've always found FimFiction hard to use. Its design is a little weird for me. And I also know people that can't stand Derpibooru's layout. 

Making a universal website that has a uniform interface for all content types is, essentially, making content easier to view. Especially if they implement my ideas of customization. ;)

I've personally not had a problem with FIMFiction, but I do agree Derpibooru's layout is dreadful. Reminds me of something from the early 2000's.

I would disagree, but I never disagree with my favorite pony....

To be fair, the maestro behind this orchestra is probably trying to start something beneficial for the brony community.

FimFiction.Net seriously needs a rival, as does Youtube.

It would be one hell of a feat to rival YouTube.... I can't think of any video hosting site that even comes within hundred miles of YouTube's size.

Except Dailymotion....?

I don't mind this one bit, in fact I love it. It isn't something we need, but I am fine with more sites dedicated to pony content(I'm also sure some non-fans would be pretty happy to get it off youtube, doubtful people would make a switch though tbh).

I don't like fimfiction or derpibooru, almost all they have is nsfw content.

Try fanfiction.net, I used that before I got comfortable with FIMfiction, it has a ton of stuff.

I have 0 interest for this. Sure it's cool that they're trying (or tried, it seems like they aren't working on it anymore) but there's just no point when we already got youtube.

• Brohoof 1

This sounds like a cool idea, however from what I have observed, this project might be dead

The ponytube youtube page (that's a mouthful) says they are still at it, so I don't think its quite dead....I think.... but making a site that big is quite an undertaking so I wouldn't be shocked if it did end up croaking.