Would you rather get rid of Valentine's Day or st Patrick's day?

Metallic Strings

Valentine's for sure

It feels like added pressure to either impress your current lover, or to get one if you don't have one. The little celebrations with family I have are nice so I would probably miss those, but there's always another day we could do them. Honestly, St. Patrick's is unnecessary too but nobody's forcing you to celebrate it as much as they are with Valentine's.

• Brohoof 1

3FBC2CD6-82F4-4BE2-9995-20DAD3ED3514.png.4ce87f72cf9bda0d0d5900fa20c489d3.png

Boom!

St.Patrick's Day. I get the people who just like to drink and wear green, but i wouldn't mind if there were less people who make fun of others for not wanting to participate(pinching them for not wearing green, forcing alcohol onto people who are trying to get sober, etc.) 

Valentine's Day at least has some value to me, since I like to celebrate it with my friends. A lot of people forget that Valentine's Day isn't just for romantic love, and honestly I can't blame them for thinking that, it's marketed that way. I treat Valentine's Day like a second Mother's Day, and a day to appreciate my brothers and my friends. The cutest plushies are also made during Valentine's Day LOL!

People can be too pushy with both, but I'd get rid of St. Patrick's Day

I think Valentine's should be more of a celebration of universal love than just romantic, though! :eager: I think giving your friend some chocolates even if you're single is still a nice gesture, and a way to say "I love that you're my friend!"

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am familiar with the Valentine Day because this holiday is celebrated in almost every country, St Patrick day isn't, it's just fells like America only holiday. I want to keep Valentine's day, you sorta get a free candy or something

I don't care about both days to be honest. Valentines day feels more like a hit in a face of singles. I also don't see a reason for this day to be honest. I don' need such a day to show my partner how I love this person. And St. Patricks day, who is also celebrated in germany (but not so big and mostly for the alcohol drinking ... like most holidays) is just another holiday to drink alcohol in my opinion. I have no feelings and uses for both holidays. 

dbjjowc-3fb0df4b-b54c-4c81-89fe-994630d4