Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lord of the Rings MLP crossover thread

XxPegasisterxX

Mlp and Lord of the Rings... My two favourite fandoms. The ultimate crossover. I hate Twilegolas (twi being least favourite pony Leggy being favourite character) but I over Applegorn and Rainboromir! Would the ring be a horseshoe? Who would be the Uruk hais? Changelings? Discuss your opinions on the MLP LotR crossover on this thread ;)

• Brohoof 1

I don't know much about the LotR mythos so I can't speak on who would be who but I would totally watch a MLP/LotR crossover. Twilegolas would probably be my fave because I like Twilight Sparkle and I thought Legolas was pretty cool in the movies. I would be really interested in who y'all think should play Gollum.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know much about the LotR mythos so I can't speak on who would be who but I would totally watch a MLP/LotR crossover. Twilegolas would probably be my fave because I like Twilight Sparkle and I thought Legolas was pretty cool in the movies. I would be really interested in who y'all think should play Gollum.

Lol probably pinkamena...

I spend waaay too much time listening to the LOTR soundtrack and trying intently to picture it all with ponies.

Here's what I imagine:

Gandalf - Celestia

Frodo - Twilight

Sam - Fluttershy

Merry - Rarity

Pipin - Pinkie

Boromir - Luna

Aragorn - Cadence

Legolas - Rainbow

Gimli - AJ

Sauron - Chrysalis (even though Sauron and Sombra sound similar)

Uruk-hai  - changelings

I specifically picked these roles for the fellowship based on certain scenes.  I just can't picture Twilight in any other role than than Fodo.  I love Cadence as Aragorn because Frodo and Aragorn had a special connection, like Twi and Cadence.  Picture this scene:

Cadence: "I would have gone with you 'til the end.  Into the very fires of Mordor."

Twi: "I know.  Look after the others, especially Fluttershy.  She will not understand."

Chills.

I like Luna for Boromir, because she's the only one I could picture going traitor and trying to take the ring.  Maybe that's because she was Nightmare Moon, so she has that dark side.  Celestia as Gandalf is a given, since she's a guide and mentor to Twi, like Gandalf to Frodo.  I love imagining the fall of Celestia in the mines of Moria.  Imagine Twilight's "no" scream, followed by Cadence starring at the bridge, stunned.  Then we'd hear the echoing shout of Luna to Cadence, as she uses her magic to lift a screaming, emotionally broken Twilight onto her back.  With misty eyes, Cadence would reluctantly follow Luna up the steps.  Then imagine seeing all of them crying.  Rarity and Pinkie holding each other, tears streaming down.  Rainbow with misty eyes, looking distraught and not sure how to react.  And then:

"Rainbow, get them up."

"Give them a moment, for pity's sake!"

"By nightfall these hills will be swarming with changelings!  We must reach the woods of Lothlorien.  Come, Luna, Applejack, Rainbow!  Get them up.  On your hooves, Fluttershy.  Twilight...?  Twilight!  Twilight!  Twilight!"  And then just picture that look on Twi's face.  You know the one.

Just chills.

And then there's this scene:

"Mordor.  I hope the others find a safer road.  I don't expect we'll ever see them again."

"We may yet, Miss Twilight.  We may."

"Fluttershy, I'm glad you're with me."

Total chills.

And how about this?

"Then let us be rid of it, once and for all!  Come on, Miss Twilight.  I can't carry it for you...but I can carry you!  COME ON!"

A b s o l u t e  chills.

I told you I spend way to much time on this.  I do the same thing with Mare of Steel.

I could totally imagine AJ as Gimli before the battle of Helms Deep.

"These are none of them mindless parasprites. These are darn changelings. Their fur is thick an' their magic strong."

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

i have no idea what ponies would be who, but i absolutely love lord of the rings. i have to shout it from the mountain tops to someone who understands. i have watched every single minute of the extended edition and the appendices. i absolutely love all of it.

characters would need to make sense in their relations and not every mlp character fits the bill. like i could see princess celestia as gandalf, but then i think twilight sparkle would have to be frodo. that doesnt necisarily work out too well. a lord of the rings and mlp crossover wouldnt really work with the characters and personalities.  

• Brohoof 1

You want a LotR/FiM crossover? Bring in Ancalagon the Black from the Silmarillion. If any  dragon can whip the dragons into shape in FiM, it's him. ;)

Dragon_of_the_First_Age_by_rubendevela.j

• 3 weeks later...

Here's how I would imagine it, with some random stuff here and there: (X - headcanon)

Frodo - Pipsqueak
Sam - Snips (he's fat)
Merry - Snails
Pippin - Rumble

Bilbo - Braeburn (Out of ideas, wanna give him a chance)

Gandalf - Twilight (no shipping partner)
Saruman - Trixie (she is to Twi as Saruman is to Gandalf)
(Radagast - Sunset Shimmer)

Aragorn - Dr. Whooves
Boromir - Flam (Flam's the mustached horse, so he could act as the older one)
Faramir - Flim
Isildur - Raggedy Doctor
Elendil - "The First Doctor"

Eowyn - Applejack (blonde mane/hair, tough character)
Eomer - Big Mac (Eomer is Eowyn's brother, so it makes sense with Mac as Eomer)
Theoden - Caramel
Grima - Suri Polomare?

Legolas - Rainbow Dash
Thranduil - Rainbow Blaze
Arwen - Lyra

Elrond - DJ Pon3?/Rarity?
Galadriel - Pinkie Pie (I think of her as Pinkamena when presented with the Ring by Frodo or when facing against Sauron in Dol Guldur)
Celeborn - Cheese Sandwich (makes sense when playing as Galadriel's husband, no?)

Gimli - Roid Rage?

Sauron - King Sombra
Balrog - Lord Tirek (massive size and bulky body)
Orcs and Uruk-Hai - Changelings (These creatures formerly being ponies could be like how Orcs were bred from Elves, or it could be their sheer monstrousity)
(Discord - Morgoth)

Treebeard - Fluttershy?

Smeagol/Gollum - Spike?

Edited by HorsesandMOARGaloar
  • Brohoof 2