Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

24 minutes ago, A.V. said:

Reveal hidden contents

They'll probably edit the s*** out of it pre-India.

I recall them doing similar stuff for Khali -- e.g., this summary from TV Tropes:

I thought those two segments felt off. But now it makes sense in context. 

• Brohoof 1

Look, I know things aren't going well in WWE land right now. And they haven't for a while. But it's time to forget about all that!

Because last week, the Best Of The Super Juniors tournament started! It's like the cruizerweight classic. But better! And every year! 

And hey, go to NJPW world right now! The day of matches are free! 

Or on dailymotion.

• Brohoof 1

@Denim&Venom 

First off, thank you for uploading those NJPW videos they were a fun watch!

Without giving anything away, my favorite matches so far were:

Spoiler

Will Ospreray vs Marty Scurll (Who was I supposed to root for?) &

Dragon Lee vs Hiromu Takahashi

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Denim&Venom 

First off, thank you for uploading those NJPW videos they were a fun watch!

Without giving anything away, my favorite matches so far were:

Hide contents

Will Ospreray vs Marty Scurll (Who was I supposed to root for?) &

Dragon Lee vs Hiromu Takahashi

Just finished w/ ACH vs. Bushi, though I'm gonna finish the rest tomorrow. Btu it makes sense for those two. Osperey/Scurll have a long rivalry going and Takahashi/Lee had a 2016 MOTY candidate at Fantastica mania. 

Looking forward to watching them. And after I finish, I'll post the matches for Day 2. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Denim&Venom

(Too) Sweet!  I'm looking forward to it.

I hope I didn't spoil anything special for you by telling you the matches. 

Not really. If you didn't notice, the matches are announced before the show starts. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Denim&Venom 

One thing I did miss was the commentary being in English as it would have helped me learn the wrestlers names & moves easier.

Probably not for this tournament, or stuff like the live events and special attractions,  but the majority of the PPVs have English commentary from Kevin Kelly & Don Callis (AKA Cyrus the Virus), but they're NJPW world exclusives. Only $8.93 a month. Plus they've revamped the site. 

• Brohoof 1

So as you all know, NJPW is hosting BOTSJ XXIV (Scroll up if you want to watch the first day of matches)

But I understand that for a traditionally WWE, maybe TNA audience, it's hard to see what the buzz is about, and if your curious, how to get in? 

Well wonder no more! The best way to start, as w/ any promotion, is to dive right in!

When getting into WWE, you didn't start by watching Buddy Rodgers vs. Bruno Sanmartino and worked your way forward. No, you jumped in and watched a few weeks worth of shows before you caught a sense of what was going on.

It's the same for NJPW. And here are some break downs on what is shaping up to be a pivotal year for the company.  

So if you're up for a new way of looking at wrestling, here's a great place to start. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

WWE released Pete Dunne's theme called "Bruiserweight". Though personally, I like this version than the latest one CFO$ released. Here are the vids to show you what I'm talking about.

Which I like personally....^

Then they release a new version of this one.

Like I said, I'll go with the former.

Edited by GunPla_GliMMeR_4
  • Brohoof 2

I dunno, I like this version about as much as I do the original

Though I am hoping CFO$ are working on a proper theme for Drew McIntyre because what WWE gave him is just lazy

• Brohoof 1

25 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

I dunno, I like this version about as much as I do the original

Though I am hoping CFO$ are working on a proper theme for Drew McIntyre because what WWE gave him is just lazy

Sounds like they didn't pay to keep the rights to broken dreams.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

NJPW: Best of the Super Juniors 2017 Day 2 Spoilers:

Spoiler

Ricochet/Prince Puma may be the most agile wrestler I've *ever* seen! 

I just watched his "NJPW: Best of the Super Juniors 2017" Day 2 match with Will Ospereay

and the way he countered certain moves had me looking like :o.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

28 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

So, remember all those times fans chanted to Cena 'You can't wrestle'?

I always thought Cena could wrestle, but the way his character was written made it so difficult for many years to be taken seriously. I don't care how STRONG you are, getting back up and winning following insane punishment is unrealistic. While I understand that Pro Wrestling is very unrealistic at times, it doesn't help the psychology and story of the matches if logic doesn't come into play. Most matches featuring Roman Reigns fall under the same problem, there's no doubt Roman can go against most opponents and be a credible opponent in-ring, but to see him in an Accolade at Hell In A Cell 2016 with a CHAIN AROUND HIS MOUTH after being beaten senseless by Rusev, to have him shrug it off and win comprehensively without looking like he was in pain at all when most men would've tapped just throws my suspension of disbelief out of the window. Hell, even Nakamura VS Ziggler at Backlash couldn't escape my irritation, if you get kicked square in the back of the head you're going down, no matter that you're some insane Japanese fighting machine.

Psychology, body selling and storytelling matter... sometimes I wish WWE and some independent companies would understand that. While they do, sometimes they miss the mark completely.

• Brohoof 2

13 minutes ago, Vocal Analyst said:

I always thought Cena could wrestle, but the way his character was written made it so difficult for many years to be taken seriously. I don't care how STRONG you are, getting back up and winning following insane punishment is unrealistic. While I understand that Pro Wrestling is very unrealistic at times, it doesn't help the psychology and story of the matches if logic doesn't come into play. Most matches featuring Roman Reigns fall under the same problem, there's no doubt Roman can go against most opponents and be a credible opponent in-ring, but to see him in an Accolade at Hell In A Cell 2016 with a CHAIN AROUND HIS MOUTH after being beaten senseless by Rusev, to have him shrug it off and win comprehensively without looking like he was in pain at all when most men would've tapped just throws my suspension of disbelief out of the window. Hell, even Nakamura VS Ziggler at Backlash couldn't escape my irritation, if you get kicked square in the back of the head you're going down, no matter that you're some insane Japanese fighting machine.

Psychology, body selling and storytelling matter... sometimes I wish WWE and some independent companies would understand that. While they do, sometimes they miss the mark completely.

True. WWE has a habit of ruining both credibility and immersion. The lowest ratings in 20 years are a testament to that. Just saying that a few times in his career, and even more recently, Cena has been balancing things out.  Hopefully Roman can learn that sooner than later.  Or if he is gonna look indestructible, at least do it the way NJPW does it. 

• Brohoof 1

It's a bit unfair to tell John Cena he can't wrestle, because as the video shows, he can

He's had some pretty bad feuds, but the man works his ass off and he's a super nice dude on top of that

Plus recently he's had some amazing matches, like with Rusev and AJ Styles

Hate the wrestler if you wish, but respect the man.

...now you want someone with not a great moveset...

Image result for roman reigns sufferin succotash 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@Denim&Venom @Unicorncob @Mesme Rize 

What are everyone's opinions on Will Ospreay?

IMO, from the few matches I've seen with him I think he's all flashy moves & not much else.

If anyone is willing to point me to a match where Mr. Ospreay is more than just high flying moves please feel free to tell me & thanks in advance.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Denim&Venom @Unicorncob @Mesme Rize 

What are everyone's opinions on Will Ospreay?

IMO, from the few matches I've seen with him I think he's all flashy moves & not much else.

If anyone is willing to point me to a match where Mr. Ospreay is more than just high flying moves please feel free to tell me & thanks in advance.

I've also seen only a handfull of matches with him. I think he's quite the athlete, but also subtle in how technically sound he is. His matches w/ Ricochet & Scurl were good because it takes two to tango. If you want more proof, I'd watch his series w/ Katsuyori Shibata, who is just a really stiff, no nonsense, heavy hitter.

Though I do worry for Ospray's style. He's younger than I am, yet has more nagging injuries than my dad. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Denim&Venom 

Since you brought him up, what are your thoughts on Marty Scurll?

I've been watching a lot of his matches  (Some with Will Ospreay) thanks to you introducing me to him through the NJPW videos

and I think he's entertaining although, he can be very repetitive when he wrestles, IMO.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

On 5/26/2017 at 6:11 PM, Vocal Analyst said:

During a 2008 grudge match:

Randy Orton: *Takes a Twist Of Fate onto the freaking ringside floor.* *Is only out momentarily.*

Matt Hardy: *Takes an RKO (OUTTA NOWHERE!) -- more or less the same kind of move -- onto the much-safer ring mat.* *Stays out like a light.*

• Brohoof 2

8 minutes ago, A.V. said:

During a 2008 grudge match:

Randy Orton: *Takes a Twist Of Fate onto the freaking ringside floor.* *Is only out momentarily.*

Matt Hardy: *Takes an RKO (OUTTA NOWHERE!) -- more or less the same kind of move -- onto the much-safer ring mat.* *Stays out like a light.*

It's all about your place on the WWE totem pole.