Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

I want to see the IIconics become the Aye aye-conics (pirates) for Halloween. :P

On 8/28/2020 at 8:35 PM, Pastel Heart said:

In AEW news, I'm really excited for Brodie Lees run as TNT Champion!

Is that like the WCW/ECW Television Championship? :ooh:

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Basically. I guess more contemporary equivalents would be the ROH TV and AJPW Gaora TV championships, which are the most ornate and lazy looking TV titles respectively.

Spoiler

ROH-World-Television-Championship-2018.jpg

69805-292897_10152847762805548_930074920_n.jpg?w=736

6 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Still a small fan of it. The one thing I'm not liking about WWE is how they're treating some of the veteran wrestlers. 

The one thing I'm really sad about is that one guy Bobby Roode. He had it going in NXT but Vince did him horribly...ugh...

Define veteran, because it feels like they're getting the run of the place. 

Agreed on Rhoode though. Maybe it's for the best that he's locked down in Canada. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Basically. I guess more contemporary equivalents would be the ROH TV and AJPW Gaora TV championships, which are the most ornate and lazy looking TV titles respectively.

Reveal hidden contents

ROH-World-Television-Championship-2018.jpg

69805-292897_10152847762805548_930074920_n.jpg?w=736

Define veteran, because it feels like they're getting the run of the place. 

Agreed on Rhoode though. Maybe it's for the best that he's locked down in Canada. 

Veteran as in John Cena, Rey Mysterio, Sin Cara, Goldberg, all those guys. 

• Brohoof 1

29 minutes ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Veteran as in John Cena, Rey Mysterio, Sin Cara, Goldberg, all those guys. 

Well Cena has gone full Dwayne Johnson, so him loosing on the way out is the smart call. 

Mysterio was in a high profile (albeit dumb) storyline with his son and Seth Rollins. though he'll be out for a bit with a biceps tear. 

I think both Sin Caras have been canned. To be fair they had their issues. the first was a premadonna and the second kept getting into fights backstage.

Goldberg cooled off their hottest star and took his championship. And almost broke the Undertakers neck. 

So sorry, but I'm not quite seeing where you're coming from. 

• Brohoof 2

25 minutes ago, Neon Kitbash said:

I personally believe alot of WWE's problems with talent/story would be solved by Vince retiring and handing the reigns over to Triple H.  I mean, just look at nXt, and how strong it's been going. 

That's what Mox has been saying. All of WWE's problems start at the top. VKM and his yes men. The only reason he's still in charge is because he hasn't failed the investors, the real audience. Yet. 

• Brohoof 2

41 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Well Cena has gone full Dwayne Johnson, so him loosing on the way out is the smart call. 

Speaking of Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock, check this out:

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/jabroni

First SmackDown now this. The Rock *is* the most successful professional wrestler of all-time. B)

3 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Speaking of Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock, check this out:

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/jabroni

First SmackDown now this. The Rock *is* the most successful professional wrestler of all-time. B)

I had a philosophy teacher who would quote the Rock and use the term Jabroni. Surprised him and everyone else int eh room when I told them all what it really meant. 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

I had a philosophy teacher who would quote the Rock and use the term Jabroni. Surprised him and everyone else int eh room when I told them all what it really meant. 

Did any of them bust out a "People's Eyebrow"? 

tenor.gif?itemid=4768410

13 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

It's the mid card title, yeah. It's perfect for Brodie. It was too early for him to dethrone Mox so I think the perfect belt for him. He can get over, gate keep for the next babyface champion; which I hope is Omega, I wanna see Big Match Kenny back. I'd love to book that storyline.

All Out is soon. I'm not ready to buy MJF as World Champion yet. He can cut a promo, but I saw him in his run as CZW World champion and I wasn't really big on it. His "this company is trash" thing got stale after a few months. Too soon. All signs are pointing towards an MJF victory to me, the Paradigm Shift being banned and there being no other big heels for Mox to feud with that he hasn't faught already... I'm not against the idea, I just hope it doesn't become another JBL situation where the obnoxious heel champion overstays his welcome, which already kinda happened in CZW. It would be worth it if, say, it leads to a Mox redemption story similar to what Austin got with The Rock or Kenny Omega finally getting a main event run, but I'd be happy to be proved wrong in my skepticism.

Thunder Rosa being a double champion would be cool as heck and just the legitimacy the NWA needs after covid kinda kicked it down. 

I've been watching a lot of matches on BJWs YT channel and I'm becoming a huge fan of Isami Kodaka. Strong vibes of a young Onita. I think he'll be the face of deathmatch wrestling after Ryuji Ito retires, which hopefully isn't any time soon.

And while I don't like talking about WWE, I'll give it this: I do like heel Roman a lot and the feud against the Fiend should be exciting. I love the double turn. And Bayley is still one of my favorite women active today. Can't wait until her and Sasha finally cross swords again. I heard they recently went back to TV-14 too? Yowie wowie! 

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Ya boi Stormy 🌩️ said:

Let's talk more about Matt Hardy... :dash:

The more entertaining Hardy brother, IMO.  

If only because Matt had a couple of different gimmicks during his time in WWE unlike, his brother Jeff.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

11 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Did any of them bust out a "People's Eyebrow"? 

tenor.gif?itemid=4768410

It was like 8 in the morning so they weren't capable at that time.

Oh and fun fact. The Rock didn't come up with the word Jabroni. Care to guess who did?

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Oh and fun fact. The Rock didn't come up with the word Jabroni. Care to guess who did?

The Iron Sheik would be my guess since, he's the only other person I've heard use that word. 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

The Iron Sheik would be my guess since, he's the only other person I've heard use that word. 

Very good. And to the rocks credit, he credited the iron sheik. 

• Brohoof 2

So ratings are in for AEW & NXT running unopposed on Tuesdays and Thursdays. And the numbers are up. 849k for NXT. Up 25k viewers. 928k for AEW. Up 115k viewers. 

Which has sparked some serious discussion between USA and WWE. Both wanted to chip away at AEWs viewer base. That failed. They wanted to beat them in the ratings. Lost 9/10 times. They wanted to put AEW in a disadvantageous position for contract negotiations with TNT. TNT signed them to a 3 year deal. The Wednesday night war is a lost cause. So USA may want to cut their losses.

Serious back and forth talks between NBC Universal and Titan Towers on moving NXT to Tuesday nights. Doing that will boost NXTs profile and potentially attract the younger demos again. AEW could start turning a bigger profit with more eyes on their product. Ending the war would be a boon to both sides with America's niche wrestling audience no longer being cannibalized on the same night. so it would be a win/ win for everypony! 

Unless you're an impact fan. Maybe best to move back to Thursdays. 

• Brohoof 3

44 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Unless you're an impact fan. Maybe best to move back to Thursdays. 

Which I'm more of a fan of. Tuesdays are already stacked, with NWA Powerrr when it comes back, AEW Dark and Impact. 

NXT vs. Impact would be a tougher choice for me. Their rosters stack up about even for me. I love Rosemary, but I love Shirai. I love RVD, but I love Balor...

• Brohoof 2

Just when you think WWE couldn't get any sketchier, VKM goes "Hold my steak sauce!" 

WWE have now issued a ban for all of its talent to appear on 3rd party platforms like Cameo & Twitch.

"Some of you are engaged with outside third parties using your name and likeness in ways that are detrimental to our company," McMahon wrote. "It is imperative that these activities be terminated within the next 30 days (by Friday October 2). Continued violations will result in fines, suspension, or termination at WWE's discretion."

So what WWE does with the Independent contractor status of its workers is already questionable but this might be what pushes things way too far. WWE thinks they own the likenesses and real names of their performers while under contract. The legality of this is on shaky ground and I do not expect this to stand. Enough talent backlash and vague threats of legal action will cause them to drop it. But if they persist, they'll loose some of their biggest stars. AJ Styles isn't gonna abandon his Twitch streaming side hustle and The New Day aren't gonna let UpUpDownDown die without a fight, among other stars who get perks from the 3rd party exposure. This could push WWE further into legal hot water. Lawsuits from disgruntled XFL employees and investors calling foul on the hi-jinks from last years Saudi show are still going through. 

It all boils down to VinnyMac being a control freak. Any astronomical chance WWE had of earning my faith as a viewer after Black Wednesday has just become zero. 

• Brohoof 2

15 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

"Some of you are engaged with outside third parties using your name and likeness in ways that are detrimental to our company,"

AJ Styles did say stuff about Gallows and Anderson during one of his livestreams & I think he mentioned Paul Heyman once, too.

I don't think he's allowed to talk about that kind of stuff "in public". 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Just when you think WWE couldn't get any sketchier, VKM goes "Hold my steak sauce!" 

WWE have now issued a ban for all of its talent to appear on 3rd party platforms like Cameo & Twitch.

"Some of you are engaged with outside third parties using your name and likeness in ways that are detrimental to our company," McMahon wrote. "It is imperative that these activities be terminated within the next 30 days (by Friday October 2). Continued violations will result in fines, suspension, or termination at WWE's discretion."

So what WWE does with the Independent contractor status of its workers is already questionable but this might be what pushes things way too far. WWE thinks they own the likenesses and real names of their performers while under contract. The legality of this is on shaky ground and I do not expect this to stand. Enough talent backlash and vague threats of legal action will cause them to drop it. But if they persist, they'll loose some of their biggest stars. AJ Styles isn't gonna abandon his Twitch streaming side hustle and The New Day aren't gonna let UpUpDownDown die without a fight, among other stars who get perks from the 3rd party exposure. This could push WWE further into legal hot water. Lawsuits from disgruntled XFL employees and investors calling foul on the hi-jinks from last years Saudi show are still going through. 

It all boils down to VinnyMac being a control freak. Any astronomical chance WWE had of earning my faith as a viewer after Black Wednesday has just become zero. 

And stuff like this is why I don't watch WWE anymore~

Hope AJ fights this and gets himself fired so he can go to Impact with his brothers. I'd be surprised if New Day stays angry, they've always been WWE loyalists. But if they chase them away then that's delicious. Less creative strain on less good talent.

• Brohoof 1

25 minutes ago, Pastel Heart said:

And stuff like this is why I don't watch WWE anymore~

Hope AJ fights this and gets himself fired so he can go to Impact with his brothers. I'd be surprised if New Day stays angry, they've always been WWE loyalists. But if they chase them away then that's delicious. Less creative strain on less good talent.

If they all do walk away, I personally hope they all go AEW. I wanna see Styles back with Elite and giving us that dream match with Omega. With how much of a hot commodity he'd be, I wouldn't rule out a few NJPW appearances. Possibly a proper retirement tour of the Indies. And can you imagine how much creative liberty each new day member would get?

• Brohoof 1