Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

13 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

If they all do walk away, I personally hope they all go AEW. I wanna see Styles back with Elite and giving us that dream match with Omega. With how much of a hot commodity he'd be, I wouldn't rule out a few NJPW appearances. Possibly a proper retirement tour of the Indies. And can you imagine how much creative liberty each new day member would get?

Oh I'd love AJ in AEW! I just assume he would wanna go where Gallows and Anderson are. Dynamite is the main show I keep up with so the more great talent on there the better. Omega and AJ would be a long time coming and I'd eat that up.

@Sparklefan1234

Legal trademarks. Petty corporate crap. Hence why nobody uses their WWE name unless its their real name or they own it themselves. WWE could sue Heath Slater for being Heath Slater in Impact for example.

Edited by Pastel Heart
  • Brohoof 1

42 minutes ago, Pastel Heart said:

I'd be surprised if New Day stays angry, they've always been WWE loyalists.

Don't WWE own Up Up Down Down? 

5 minutes ago, Pastel Heart said:

Hence why nobody uses their WWE name unless its their real name or they own it themselves.

Like Kurt Angle & (I think) AJ Styles? 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

Don't WWE own UUDD? 

No? I think it's Xaviers own personal YT channel.

Kurt Angle is Kurt Angles real name and AJ Styles is his own trademark. Same for Chris Jericho and Gangrel. Anyone who wants to use their WWE name elsewhere has to fight WWE's lawyers, which not a lot of people can do unless you're The Rock or something.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Pastel Heart said:

Oh I'd love AJ in AEW! I just assume he would wanna go where Gallows and Anderson are. Dynamite is the main show I keep up with so the more great talent on there the better. Omega and AJ would be a long time coming and I'd eat that up.

Buck it. He's AJ Styles. He'll probably get the most laze fare cart Blanche contract in wrestling. AEW? omega vs. styles in Jacksonville stadium. ROH? welcome back home. impact? No Dixie? no problem! New Japan? Care to headline MSG against Okada? NWA Powerr? Resume that rivalry with Aldis like it never ended and become a 4x NWA world champ. 

2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Don't WWE own UUDD? 

Kurt Angle is the real name, yes. I guess Styles technically counts as real since the AJ is for Allen Jones. 

14 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Denim&Venöm @Pastel Heart 

I keep hearing that WWE owns their wrestlers' real names. Umm...How!? :confused:

WWE's legal contracts are so convoluted that even the legal team is lost on how muddy the terms are. 

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Denim&Venöm said:

urt Angle is the real name, yes. I guess Styles technically counts as real since the AJ is for Allen Jones. 

I've always wondered how John Cena was able to use his real name when everyone else has a ridiculous NXT name.

19 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I've always wondered how John Cena was able to use his real name when everyone else has a ridiculous NXT name.

Probably because nobody gave a damn about John in 2002 until he discovered Vanilla Ice.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Pastel Heart said:

Gangrel.

So Gangrel was able to gain ownership of his name from White Wolf Entertainment. It always felt weird seeing Gangrel's name in video games & stuff.

Now they do that with Macho Man Randy Savage and Andre the Giant. 

1 hour ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Buck it. He's AJ Styles. He'll probably get the most laze fare cart Blanche contract in wrestling. AEW? omega vs. styles in Jacksonville stadium. ROH? welcome back home. impact? No Dixie? no problem! New Japan? Care to headline MSG against Okada? NWA Powerr? Resume that rivalry with Aldis like it never ended and become a 4x NWA world champ. 

Or AJ will retire like he was planning on doing since he's stated his latest WWE contract will be the last one he ever signs.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

On 9/5/2020 at 4:29 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

So Gangrel was able to gain ownership of his name from White Wolf Entertainment. It always felt weird seeing Gangrel's name in video games & stuff.

Now they do that with Macho Man Randy Savage and Andre the Giant. 

Or AJ will retire like he was planning on doing since he's stated his latest WWE contract will be the last one he ever signs.

But then again, Jericho said he'd never compete with Vince. VKM holding everyone to this extreme version of a non-compete may change his mind. 

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

But then again, Jericho said he'd never compete with Vince. VKM holding everyone to this extreme version of a non-compete may change his mind. 

I'm not sure if Youtube is exempt or not because Ruby Riott just posted the latest episode of her podcast/vlog on her Hooligans Unite channel. 

2 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I'm not sure if Youtube is exempt or not because Ruby Riott just posted the latest episode of her podcast/vlog on her Hooligans Unite channel. 

I imagine WWE might be angling for an exclusivity deal with YouTube or some other streaming platform. Something they can better monetize and produce. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Denim&Venöm said:

I imagine WWE might be angling for an exclusivity deal with YouTube or some other streaming platform. Something they can better monetize and produce. 

WWE had a weeks worth of Youtube shows a few years ago, maybe they'll go back to that model. 

One of them had Road Dogg and Josh Mathews trapped in the basement of WWE Headquarters with a Triple H puppet where they would watch

clips of awful WWE gimmicks. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

It is with a heavy heart that I must inform you all of the passing of Barry Scott, the iconic voice behind impact wrestling and their video packages.

barry-scott.jpg

May he rest in power and may his legacy live on. 

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

It is with a heavy heart that I must inform you all of the passing of Barry Scott, the iconic voice behind impact wrestling and their video packages.

First the voice of WWE Howard Finkel and now the voice of TNA Barry Scott. Sad 2020 coincidence. :blush:

@Pastel Heart Best Wrestling Buddy For Five-ever. :)

• Brohoof 1

22 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

barry-scott.jpg

May he rest in power and may his legacy live on. 

2020 can go to hell.

RIP Barry Scott

"This is TNA... The new face of professional wrestling..." iconic voice. RIP Barry.

In not so sad news, CZWs monthly PPV match compilations that were released earlier this year are now free on Tubi! If you're in the US (or have a VPN) and have never seen CZW before, these are a good introduction. Onita/Tremont vs. Masada/DJ Hyde and RSP vs. Mance Warner are pure gold... pure gold, covered in blood and tacks.

• Brohoof 2

Today, I discovered that The Muppets have guest-starred on WWE shows. I've been watching clips on YouTube, and honestly, I've been having a lot of fun.

The Muppets being on WWE makes a lot of sense. The Muppets and WWE are both full of quirky characters with larger than life personalities.

What did you think of the Muppets' time on WWE?

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, CastletonSnob said:

Today, I discovered that The Muppets have guest-starred on WWE shows. I've been watching clips on YouTube, and honestly, I've been having a lot of fun.

The Muppets being on WWE makes a lot of sense. The Muppets and WWE are both full of quirky characters with larger than life personalities.

What did you think of the Muppets' time on WWE?

One of the few celebrity cameos that worked out during the post-Pg, pre-pipe bomb era. WWE doesn't know comedy, but the muppets do. Wrestlers working auxiliary to the muppets was the most functional combo. 

Great. Now I wanna see the muppets cameo in the Firefly funhouse. 

• Brohoof 1

22 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

One of the few celebrity cameos that worked out during the post-Pg, pre-pipe bomb era. WWE doesn't know comedy, but the muppets do. Wrestlers working auxiliary to the muppets was the most functional combo. 

Great. Now I wanna see the muppets cameo in the Firefly funhouse. 

They missed an opportunity to have Crazy Harry in charge of pyrotechnics. 

You know what would be a lot of fun? A Muppets episode guest-starring WWE wrestlers.

Edited by CastletonSnob
  • Brohoof 1

I don't even remember the muppets being on WWE. That must have been the period where I went dark on WWE for the first time. That's not a crossover I expected. Must have been part of the whole guest stars thing. Maybe TNA should have gotten Fraggle Rock.

On another note, I was rewatching PPG episodes and never noticed the shirt this kid was wearing until now...

20200911_213317.png

• Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

WWE doesn't know comedy, but the muppets do.

There were times when WWE made me laugh in the past, then I rewatch those moments and think "I thought *this* was funny?". :confused:

Mainly stuff with Attitude Era The Rock (:sealed:) and the rapper version of John Cena. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

On 3/5/2020 at 12:35 PM, Denim&Venöm said:

There's a borderline fanfic idea theory going around that the cage actually manifests into the fears of whomever witnesses it. 

I just heard an interview with Chris Van Vliet  where Rowan said he came up with an idea very similar to this. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1