8-Bit

I think they're really cute. I don't have anything against them but it's just not something I'm hugely interested in, so I don't think I'd ever wear them unless I was going to an event with a few friends or something and we decided to do it together.

• Brohoof 1

MLPFSignature.png.59d9585b08bc894da6c58dade70c9bab.png

• 4 months later...

Bringing this back. Believe it or not, the pony fursuits are actually one of the things that raised my interest in MLP, which later led to me watching and loving the show. I've had(and still have) an interest in fursuits for a while, so when I saw the MLP ones, I was fascinated with them. Anyway, other reason I'm bringing this back is because I plan to make a pony one for BronyCon. I'm planning to make a Pinkie Pie one, but I'm also thinking about making one of another character. I may make a different post on these forums about this, but I'm going to ask here. Which character do you think I should fursuit as?

I'm a furry, but I don't think fursuits are for me. It's the whole frozen-expression fakeness thing... >.>

(Of course, I have no problem with the people who do wear them; s'just personal taste.)

I once wore a school-mascot suit for a school assembly meeting/pep rally. Sure, I got to give hugs to a lot of people I never would have otherwise, but good Lord if the inside of those things don't heat up amazingly, alarmingly fast. It's not something that interests me.

I don't really have the crafting finesse to get into making one of those, but I really admire the people that do. I see real quality in some of the stuff people post online which probably took a lot of design work and building. I have a bit of a bias towards dinosaurs, dragons and birds, but that's a bit of the kid left in me escaping.

I'm not a furry but I did wear a sort of furry dinosaur suit one year for Halloween when I was little. 

It's not my thing and I do find them rather creepy and cringe worthy. That said, I don't begrudge anyone their hobby. Most folks see people that do that sort of thing as being extremely weird and deviant, but It seems mostly harmless to me. If it makes you happy and you're not hurting anybody, knock yourself out.     

rtjrtjrtjrtjrtjrtjrtj.png

I LOVE fursuits! ...at least pictures of them.  in person, I'm like a deer in headlights. They sort of freak me out, unfortunately.   also, I'm pretty sure I've seen 8-bit 's wolf suit before...   somewhere.

(edited)

I should update that I got the new hamster head X3 post-32194-0-23213800-1437743207_thumb.jpg

Why it's sideways I'm not sure sorry... Stupid phone :s

post-32194-0-01740900-1437743385_thumb.jpg

Edited by 8-Bit
  • Brohoof 1

I.  Love.  Fursuits!  I'm working on a jackalope fursona right now, I'm a bit stuck on the horns though.  I was considering making them heart shaped to fit the overall theme of the fursona but I'm worried about how it would look should I get it turned into a fursuit.  I'd definitely like to get the whole thing instead of a partial, when I could afford it, that is...  I've always wanted to go to a furry con too but I've just never had the time or transportation to go  :(. 

Bringing this back. Believe it or not, the pony fursuits are actually one of the things that raised my interest in MLP, which later led to me watching and loving the show. I've had(and still have) an interest in fursuits for a while, so when I saw the MLP ones, I was fascinated with them. Anyway, other reason I'm bringing this back is because I plan to make a pony one for BronyCon. I'm planning to make a Pinkie Pie one, but I'm also thinking about making one of another character. I may make a different post on these forums about this, but I'm going to ask here. Which character do you think I should fursuit as?

So I would say it depends on your energy levels when wearing a boiling hot fursuit but if you made a decent pinkie pie and bounced around in it, really gave it a good performance, it would be the best one :D

I.  Love.  Fursuits!  I'm working on a jackalope fursona right now, I'm a bit stuck on the horns though.  I was considering making them heart shaped to fit the overall theme of the fursona but I'm worried about how it would look should I get it turned into a fursuit.  I'd definitely like to get the whole thing instead of a partial, when I could afford it, that is...  I've always wanted to go to a furry con too but I've just never had the time or transportation to go  :(. 

My advise is make your character however you want it. A good maker can make a suit from your design. As for conventions etc keep saving up because they are so much fun! I've had to work hard for my suits and funding going to conventions and it's only really been since I graduated uni and got full time work that I've been able to put good money into it (my new hamster head cosy me £560 in total and I'm going to be paying for a bodysuit for him in a few months time, paying off a £600 head for my wolf suit atm as I want a semi realistic one) but for years I wanted it all so bad. Don't give up.

How would I go about making a furrysona?

As in making the character or making a fursuit? C:

• Brohoof 1

I don't know what to think about them really. I don't mind furries at all and when someone has the paws, tails and ears I think it's awesome but sometimes those suits kind of freak me out while still being cute xD

img-2823101-1-UpBh15J.png

I really want a fursuit of my character Tinker. I don't have any pictures of her, but I'll be posting some on my deviantart some time in the future. My friends and I are skilled seamstresses, so we all want to make our own together.

• Brohoof 1

So I would say it depends on your energy levels when wearing a boiling hot fursuit but if you made a decent pinkie pie and bounced around in it, really gave it a good performance, it would be the best one :D

At this point I know I'm going as Pinkie Pie. I'm going to try to bounce and practice my performance while I'm not wearing it, then I'll practice while wearing the fursuit once it's done. I'm also going to watch episodes that have Pinkie Pie as a big focus, so I can do a better job emulating the personality. I also wouldn't mind some helpful tips about how to give the it a good performance. :)

Would love to have a fursuit of Incognito, but eh, really expensive hobby. I don't know much about sewing, either. Perhaps I'll commission or take the time to sew one someday at a con. :)

I must admit I have a small curiosity about fursuits. Looking at pictures or videos of furry conventions, people look like they are having a blast. I would think about trying it out once to see what it's like. It might even help boost my self-confidence.

post-8308-0-24263200-1457089482_zpsceedh

Dude, you enjoy those suits to the best of your abilities and don't ever let anyone dull your sparkle.

If a child sees you and doesn't cry, but instead lets out a squeal of joy, the fursuit's fine with me.

href="/monthly_02_2014/post-8308-0-69609200-1393191794.png">post-8308-0-69609200-1393191794.png