Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Best episode to introduce to non-fan

Varian Dusk

So my GF has drug me through 3 seasons of GLEE, numerous chick-flicks (thankfully had good story behind them) and now its my turn to choose what to watch. 

I want to get her interested in the MLP series, but I'm not sure what episode to show her first. I don't think the pilot episode would be best, as I want the best to be shown rather than the begining. 

As for her taste in film, she loves Dr. Who, several choice anime like Sword Art, FMA, and Avatar, She is a HUGE potter fan, and also enjoys Jeff Dunham. 

Not sure if any of that helps, but yeah. 

It really depends what she likes, pick an episode that you think she specifically would enjoy, as for suggestions... maybe magic duel or something if she is in to harry potter

Personally I showed my friend the return of harmony and most episodes with Discord, he claims he does not really like the show but that is very odd considering he will hum songs from the show and sometimes make little references and admittedly likes dr whooves, discrod and finds pinkie funny, he even asked if I wanted to watch the show a few times... how odd of him...

People constantly ask this question, and I say this. Every episode has girlishness in it which would turn a lot of people away, you've just got to knuckle down and go for it. I would say something like Sisterhooves Social probably, maybe Sleepless in Ponyville. 

Well, I'd personally start at the beginning: Friendship Is Magic Part 1 (pausing around 17:20 to see Derpy's Face), then Friendship Is Magic Part 2. After she has been brought to tears (or not), go ahead and give her the gift of lulz, courtesy of The Ticket Master and Applebuck Season. If she isn't convinced at that point, I'd show her one of the more hilarious ones like Too Many Pinkie Pies, Party Of One, or Simple Ways, or one of the more spectacular ones like The Best Night Ever (also quite hilarious).

I wouldn't want to show her an episode with spoiler material (i.e. a season 2+ premiere/finale) or an episode like Testing, Testing (since that gives away Dash's Wonderbolts qualification)

In the end, she will either accept it or dismiss it, but know that you have done your job as a soldier of the herd!

rainbow_dash_salute_iphone_by_aarocka-d3

Edited by Drunk Cheerilee

I would say Friendship is Magic parts 1 and 2 are your best bet. But pretty much any episode from Season 1 will do especially with songs because I think the show's premise is best shown in Season 1. But I'm not saying Season 1 was the best season just it's easier to understand the show's premise if you start with a Season 1 episode I started with Winter Wrap Up and I thought it was a great episode to start with.

Castle Mane-ia, Pinkie Pride, Lesson Zero, Bridle Gossip, Filli Vanilli, Swarm of the Century, Fall Weather Friends, Magic Duel, Spike At Your Service, Testing Testing 123, Trade Ya.

Just some of my favs that I think can appeal to a wide audience, especially a first timer.   

There is a system to this.

First, nothing too plot and continuity heavy. Your friend wont comprehend whats going on and probably wont care since she doesn't know the characters. This pretty much kills quite a bit of seasons 3 and 4.

Second, emotional, feelsy episodes are out. Once again, the viewer wont know the characters, so they wont care about their struggles.

Third, try episodes that focus on the group instead of just one. Its best the viewer sees how they interact amongst each other.

Fourth, Always lead with something funny. If a show makes you laugh, your bound to like it.

Honestly though, the best route is to just start at number one and just marathon

So my GF has drug me through 3 seasons of GLEE

If she made you watch 3 seasons of glee, she needs to watch 3 seasons of FiM. So start at episode 1. :derp: