general media The Official Pokémon Thread

Odyssey

my favorite pokemon has got to be meowstick, though does anyone know when the next game will be coming out?

Some time in 2016, after Super Mystery Dungeon comes out.

People are getting mad over the lack of a new main Pokémon game for this year but then they have to remember that there's been one new mainline game every year since 2009 and GF needs a break dammit.

• Brohoof 2

As for WT, I prefer trading spares of rare Pokémon that cannot be found easily, such as past gen starters.

I honestly think the game needs a year break too.

(coming soon)

People are getting mad over the lack of a new main Pokémon game for this year but then they have to remember that there's been one new mainline game every year since 2009 and GF needs a break dammit.

People are getting mad at that? Hell I would prefer no new Pokemon for a new generation so that can focus on new gameplay or RP mechanics.

People are getting mad at that? Hell I would prefer no new Pokemon for a new generation so that can focus on new gameplay or RP mechanics.

Yeah, people were getting mad. I'm not too excited myself because because I wasn't ever really a fan of Mystery Dungeon.

Yeah, people were getting mad. I'm not too excited myself because because I wasn't ever really a fan of Mystery Dungeon.

Nor am I honestly. Unless it was something really subversive as to how the protagonist woke up in this world bereft of their species, like a Bioshock level twist. (It's a Quantum Leap to the future where humans have been replaced entirely by pokemon, it's all a simulation like the Matrix, etc.)

When the first PMD came out in tandem with the episode of the anime, my 12 year old self was like

HOLY CRAP MY DREAMS HAVE BEEN PUT IN ANIME FORM

Naturally, it didn't become a full-blown series, and then the dubs changed and I was obligated to hate the anime and the series as a whole until I stopped being a little shit about it, so I'm super psyched for a PMD that might...not...suck?

I've heard mixed things about Gates to Infinity, mostly that it doesn't hold a candle to the likes of Explorers of Sky, which I've been wanting to emulate for some time now. The little blurb for it said that the player would "fight alongside Legendary and Mythical Pokemon," which means there's a pretty good chance that spirit animal and waifu are in it.

Also, people are forgetting that Gen IV is really the first time Game Freak's tried their hand at fixing/balancing the power creep that's been happening to the game for a while now. Every Mega Evolution created is a potential game breaker, literally - who would have guessed Mega Kangaskhan would be the most busted Mega Evolution there is (barring M-RayRay, of course). It takes a lot of time and thought to create the new designs, too. Mega Flygon didn't happen because GF hasn't come up with a solid design for it yet, so I'm pretty pleased they're backing off of the main series for a bit.

latias.gif

(edited)

I was a massive fan of the PMD series until Gates to Infinity, so I'm not sure how to feel about this new one. I'm hoping they do better with this one than they did with the last one. I mean, between the Delta episode of ORAS and the story in general for XY, I know they can write a good story, and that's all that really matters to me when it comes to PMD.

Edited by Twi the Totodile

UT0Hs7Q.png

I mean, between the Delta episode of ORAS and the story in general for XY, I know they can write a good story
 Don't forget B/W's story. That one is also good.

I'm actually the opposite. I loved how BW's story redefined the Pokémon series, as well as how it deconstructs many themes that are common within the series. But for some reason, I never found N that interesting. I don't know why, but he is too much of a goody two shoes for my tastes. But then again my thoughts on him are a little biased, so what do I know. Could anybody tell me the appeal of N? I just can't see it.

I'm more fond of Ghetsis and Colress, especially the latter.

I'm actually the opposite. I loved how BW's story redefined the Pokémon series, as well as how it deconstructs many themes that are common within the series. But for some reason, I never found N that interesting. I don't know why, but he is too much of a goody two shoes for my tastes. But then again my thoughts on him are a little biased, so what do I know. Could anybody tell me the appeal of N? I just can't see it.

I'm more fond of Ghetsis and Colress, especially the latter.

N is a kid who has good intentions, but was corrupted by Ghetsis into making his intentions more extreme and thinking that Pokémon and humans can't exist together and their worlds must be separate (ergo, make the world black and white, huehuehue) and doesn't realize that he allowed himself to be corrupted like that until his foster father gets defeated and arrested.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Furthermore, it states in the games that he was only allowed (by Ghetsis) to witness acts of cruelty towards Pokémon instigated by humans, furthering his belief that the two groups needed to be separated. And the best part of it all? His intentions were pure, allowing him to bond with one of the two (ahem, three) Elder Unovan Legendaries, everything Ghetsis could possibly hope for!

Ghetsis came oh-so-close to completely ruling all of Unova after N was defeated - all he had to do was defeat your sorry ass, and there was literally no one left to stand in his way. I'll admit, he beat me on my first go, and I was crushed. Me, an 18 year old kid at the time, felt like I had failed the entire world because that goddamn hax Hydreigon fuckasoidfuhasdkflj

Anyways, yeah. N's cool and stuff, and Ghetsis is one mean motherfucker, too. B2W2 expanded on N's story a bit, too, through the Memory Link or whatever it was called (I never played those games).

Edited by Lateon
  • Brohoof 2

latias.gif

Found the Game Corner in Omega Ruby.

bLgbVGc.jpg

gg indeed, Game Corner. gg... no re...

Never forget ;~;(\

At least they didn't try to replace it with sudoku and pretend that nothing was wrong... But still, poor, poor game corner... It's so stupid that they had to remove it. I've played the game corner since I was a kid through gens 1-4, and thanks to that experience, I'll never touch a slot machine.

At least they didn't try to replace it with sudoku and pretend that nothing was wrong... But still, poor, poor game corner... It's so stupid that they had to remove it. I've played the game corner since I was a kid through gens 1-4, and thanks to that experience, I'll never touch a slot machine.

It's because of these PEGI regulations put into effect around Platinum's release, meaning that every game with some form of gambling in it, regardless of the rest of the game's content, gets rated 18. Of course, Nintendo didn't want to deal with this so first they censored out the Game Corner from Platinum and HG/SS in Europe, then took the easier route out and downright removed it from gen V up. It sucks for those who liked the Game Corner in Europe, and it sucks for the rest of us who like the Game Corner too.

Question guys.

When you first finished* Pokemon, what was your Main 6 (lolololol) Pokemon and in what game?

*by finished I mean defeated the Elite Four in that game

My favorite Pokemon is definitely Blastoise, whose name is Bowser (Smosh Honest Game Trailer)

Well, I just tried to check my Sapphire cartridge to answer that question, but either only the last six Hall of Fame entries are recorded, or I've had multiple save files on it, which I don't believe is true.

It probably went something like this:

Sceptile

Magneton

Aggron

Flygon

Walrein

Gardevoir

All at level 60, because the highest level Pokémon in the League was level 59, I think.

I actually teared up a teensy bit when looking at that save file. I completed the Pokédex on it - all 200 'mons. Of course, when FRLG came around, along with the National Dex, I lost the will to gather all 382ish (discounting Mythicals) Pokémon, especially since Ho-oh and Lugia were available only through Colosseum and XD, respectively.

latias.gif

Question guys.

When you first finished* Pokemon, what was your Main 6 (lolololol) Pokemon and in what game?

Let's see, when I completed Pokemon yellow for the first time my team was Rhydon, Pidgeot, Charizard, Zapdos, Pikachu, and Graveler. I would've had a Golem but I didn't have friends :(

UT0Hs7Q.png

(edited)

Ohhh the first time I beat the main story?

I believe it was Saphire version.

-Swampert

-Makuhita

-Shedinja

-Whalord

-Pelipper

-Ninjask

I think, it's been so long.

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1