Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media The Official Pokémon Thread

Odyssey

(edited)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArZLm9EjfMc

Here's an archived stream of someone playing it. In case you're wondering, this is a thing that actually exists, and its translation, with all its word salad philosophy, is brilliant.

I shall watch that tomorrow, once I'm not on the edge of falling asleep

I'm sure it's wonderful though

Edited by Twi the Totodile

I shall watch that tomorrow, once I'm not on the edge of falling asleep

All right. Be prepared for the magnum opus of shitty, pirated translations, though.

Hiya Pokemon Trainers! How are you all doing?

Tonight, me and a friend you all would know battled the Battle Chatelaines in the Super Multi Battle challenge. If you all want to see it, the code is TUUG-WWWW-WW28-LVCG. Take note I'm not boasting like the Great and Powerful Trixie. I'm just telling you what I did today.

• Brohoof 1

So, am I the only one who is hyped for the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon ? :3

I'm looking forward to the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game as well. I did enjoy the previous three so I hope the next one is good.

• Brohoof 1

I enjoyed them as well, and with the return of fan favorite features and all that, I cant wait to see this new package, as well as the larger world scale and the new story :3 I hope we get to learn more soon. Also, I can be a Riolu again ^_^

I'm curious how the new Mystery Dungeon game will turn out to be? I have a friend (well a couple) who disliked the most "recent" PMD, Gates to Infinity, due to various mechanics changes the game had. His favourite was Sky, and I do need to play that one day.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

So...tomorrow was the slated beginning of that small tourny, but the thread's been pretty quiet for a couple weeks now. Is that still a thing?

On a side note, randomizing Black 2 is fucking annoying. My friend and I spent three hours trying to get it to work last night. Even then, our Soul Link run was ended before he could even defeat the first Gym Leader. He blames the Legendaries we enabled this time after our successful Emerald Soul Link (guess who I got to use after we shuffled static Legendaries arooooound). Then again, we didn't randomize move sets on that one, so we couldn't be boned by things like:

• A Slowpoke that crit my Swampert with Leaf Blade
  • A Mesprit that used Fusion Flare on his Seedot
  • A Snorlax that I literally was unable to catch because of Leftovers, Mega Punch, Earthquake, Luster Purge, and Hurricane

So, yeah. Probably going to try again tonight. I'll miss EUHBLBLHBL the Electivire with No Guard and Ozzy the Swampert with Huge Power. I cri evertim.

Edited by Lateon

I'm curious how the new Mystery Dungeon game will turn out to be? I have a friend (well a couple) who disliked the most "recent" PMD, Gates to Infinity, due to various mechanics changes the game had. His favourite was Sky, and I do need to play that one day.

Yes,  yes you do.

Ooooooh so happy I found a PMD discussion. :D It's so sad, the only people who play Pokemon in my school are the band seniors and juniors, and they hate me for reasons I don't get. Also, they think it's cool to play the older games, and shun the new ones. I mean, the new ones are good too... D: (Actually, maybe that's why they don't like me in a nutshell. XD)

Anyway, I lovelovelovelovelovelove the Explorers games of Mystery Dungeon (I liked Rescue Team too, but it wasn't as life-changing to me, just because I was so little when I played it the first time). I never actually played Gates to Infinity, though I plan to get it just because it's a Mystery Dungeon game. I'm really hyped for the new one! I doubt it will be as enjoyable to me as the EoD, which was the first game I ever got invested in, but that'll just be my problem I hope. :)

Anyway, played as a Chimchar on my first play-through of EoD, and um... Infernape! 8D To this day, I'm sad when people insult Sinnoh just because Infernape's in it. XD

Oh, just realized nobody's posted here in awhile. Hope it isn't dead. D:

• Brohoof 1

I browse /r/pokemon too.

But yeah, that's an intense song for typing.

Well, I figure most people here don't. I've seen you around, though, and it's probably very easy to figure out who I am.

Also, the vid I linked is about 4 minutes longer for your listening pleasure while smashing the shit out of other stuff.

Well, I figure most people here don't. I've seen you around, though, and it's probably very easy to figure out who I am.

Also, the vid I linked is about 4 minutes longer for your listening pleasure while smashing the shit out of other stuff.

Was I really that obvious? Although I haven't figured out who you are yet.

Was I really that obvious? Although I haven't figured out who you are yet.

It was decently easy to figure out who you were once I happened upon someone saying they had a Vaporeon sitting in their desktop tower it one day. Portmanteau of Daring and engineer, right?

I usually appear whenever people mention the Eons. Also, my username is literally the name of my DK in WoW, which is displayed prominently here, even.

It was decently easy to figure out who you were once I happened upon someone saying they had a Vaporeon sitting in their desktop tower it one day. Portmanteau of Daring and engineer, right?

I usually appear whenever people mention the Eons. Also, my username is literally the name of my DK in WoW, which is displayed prominently here, even.

That is correct, yes.

Found you!

@@Reaver,

PMD are my favorite pokemon games :3 Especially Explorers of sky, I loved that one the best X3 this new one seems awesome ! 

YAAAAAY.

I liked EoS most too, but the feels from EoD will never go away. :3

...Hey, would anyone feel like a fake Pokemon battle here?Just RPing 1v1?

(edited)

Wouldn't it be amazing if there is a Pokemon Stadium game for the Wii U? I know we have our 3DS's but it would be awesome if there was so that we can put our skills that we've learnt to the test!

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 1