Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The Official Sonic the Hedgehog Thread

Adorkable

I used to have a sick obsession with Sonic when I was 10. It was when I turned 14 that I got over it. Don't get me wrong, I still love Sonic, but I'm just not as obsessed as I was before ^^;

My favorite Sonic game is "Sonic Adventure 2 Battle" I LOVED that game so much. After beating the game, I played with my chao. I had a lot of neat ones. I had 4 chaos chao, two-toned chao, and some really colorful ones. I literally spent hours on end playing that game.

I also like "Sonic Heroes". I remember me and my friend would stay up until 4:00am playing it.

Today, I play the original Sonic games, "Sonic Heroes", "Sonic Adventure 2 Battle", and the "Sonic Advanced" series for Gameboy.

My favorite character from the franchise is well... Sonic! I just always loved the guy. My 2nd favorite is Knuckles; he is so badass and super funny with his stubborn attitude. I like Shadow as well, he's awesome.

As for Tails? I find him extremely annoying and whiney.

I never really liked "Sonic X". 4Kids absolutely ruined it.

I did watch "Sonic Underground", and it actually wasn't bad.

Oh, and I haven't read many of the comics.

I definitely consider myself a HUGE fan of Sonic. I know a lot about all the characters and everything else.

I actually have a Sonic OC. Her name is Rain. When I created her, she wasn't very... original, but keep in mind I was young when I designed her.

I even paired her up with Sonic xD

post-14906-0-04935900-1396172668_thumb.jpgpost-14906-0-71457400-1396172739_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

@ Wait..Tails...whiny? In Sonic Heroes maybe but in almost every game he's the voice of reason in the group. His technological-centric mind makes him very good at keeping people's feet on the ground. The problem comes that he's also very young so sometimes his opinion is ignored. :P

Also, love your OC. It's not as crazy as some of the designs I've seen. :lol:

Never mess with a Sonic fanboy.

NomDeSpite learns the hard way that Discord is not the person to play tricks on.

And no, nothing about your post was even remotely an attack. You're fine.

Still, there is something to be said for the concept of "intrinsically linked".

• Brohoof 2

NomDeSpite learns the hard way that Discord is not the person to play tricks on.

And no, nothing about your post was even remotely an attack. You're fine.

Still, there is something to be said for the concept of "intrinsically linked".

You know, I hadn't even thought of it that way. Mind = Blown. :lol:

Dunno if there's better places or not but it's kept me up-to-date on Sonic Boom at least.

There are tons of fan sites that are Sonic-related, usually posting every day or two keeping up on all news Sonic.

The top 2 are Sonic Stadium and TSSZ.

I would keep an eye on those 2 websites if you're looking for Sonic news. ^^

• Brohoof 1

Which is your favorite Sonic game?

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

What are your top 5 favorite Sonic games?

1. Sonic 2

2. Sonic CD

3. Sonic 3 & Knuckles

4. Sonic 1

5. Sonic Adventure

Who's your favorite Sonic character?

Miles "Tails" Prower

Who's your top 5 favorite Sonic characters?

1. Tails

2. Knuckles

3. Sonic

4. Metal Sonic

5. Robotnik

What's your favorite Sonic song?

Stardust Speedway Past (Japan)

Which was your favorite Sonic cartoon?

Sonic SatAM

Thoughts on Sonic Boom?

Looks great! :)

Who's your favorite Voice Actor for Sonic?

The one in Sonic Adventure (yeah.. I don't keep track of names)

Who's your favorite Voice Actor for your favorite character?

IDK

Who is your least favorite Sonic Character?

OMOCHAO! KILL HIM WITH FIRE!

Who is your least favorite Sonic Voice Actor?

Again, IDK.

When did you become a Sonic fan?

I've been one for a while, but I especially started when I got the first Sonic the Hedgehog game (although it was the piece of crap version on GBA)

What is your least favorite Sonic game?

Sonic 1 for the GBA and Sonic Labyrinth. (And yes, I know slow Sonic was a part of the plot)

What was your first Sonic game?

Not sure.

• 2 months later...
(edited)

Double posting in this overly active thread for the win.

Anyways, fellow Sonic fans, I bring with me some news that will make you so excited, you'll forget why you're excited.

But hey, it's okay! That's why a link will be left.

Ready for it?

Make sure you're sitting down, by the way.

Here is it.

A Sonic the Hedgehog movie has been officially confirmed.

I know, it's a real shock, is it not?

Here's the link, as promised.

Feel free to go nuts, something this big in Sonic history should be celebrated greatly.

Edited by Adorkable
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I still need to buy the original Sonic OVAs/movie. I only saw it once and absolutely loved it. Too bad Sera never appeared anywhere else in the series.

Also, I heard something called Sonic 2 HD is back in development after a hiatus. This is the first I'm hearing of it but if you were looking forward to this it's back.

On a side note: I'm hyped as hell for Sonic Boom. I will have both the Wii-U and 3DS games and I'll watch the crap out of the TV series. Probably buy it on DVD if it gets that far too.

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 1

I have never known this Sonic guy past small interactions and i was never too intrigued at it. However curiosity has struck me while tumbling upon this thread. Can you help me as to why you consider Sonic such a great guy?

I have never known this Sonic guy past small interactions and i was never too intrigued at it. However curiosity has struck me while tumbling upon this thread. Can you help me as to why you consider Sonic such a great guy?

A lot of people will disagree with me but I think Sonic, in spite of being the icon and main character of the series, is probably the dullest character of them all. His speed and can-do attitude are about all he has going for him. At least in the games. He's better in some of the cartoons and comics.

@@Discordian,Personally i like Shadow more than Sonic.

I like pretty much everyone over Sonic but that's a good choice too. Shadow is badassery incarnate. :lol:

Now I wanna play Shadow's game. I haven't played it in years.

A lot of people will disagree with me but I think Sonic, in spite of being the icon and main character of the series, is probably the dullest character of them all. His speed and can-do attitude are about all he has going for him. At least in the games. He's better in some of the cartoons and comics.

I'll be the first to disagree, lol.

I can see how you would see him as the dullest as of now, I don't think he was written well in the past few Sonic games. Actually, I don't think he's been that good since Roger Craig Smith took over for his voice. I honestly hope we get a new VA change soon to bring back the good sounding Sonic, because I just don't enjoy how Roger plays him.

I can agree with you how he's a little better in some of the cartoons and comics. Sonic has a ton of character development in the comics, that's basically his non-game entire life, since he started out as a "kid". I think Sonic was at his best when Jason Griffith was voicing him, a lot of people give him crap, but I think he was a perfect fit for Sonic. The bad part is, everyone didn't see how good Jason was adapting to Sonic until it was the end of his contract, in Unleashed and Black Knight. Sonic X, I think, was also some of Jason's best Sonic voicing.

But still, as he does seem a little dull and face palm worthy anymore, can we really blame him? SEGA doesn't know what Sonic fans want because everyone keeps complaining about anything SEGA dishes out. This is a big reason I'm glad to see SEGA come out with Sonic Boom. Personally, I feel that Sonic Boom is SEGA flipping everyone the bird, saying this is what they want to do with Sonic. Since fans have always been complaining and little to minor things (excluding Sonic '06), it seems as it's been altering SEGA's way of designing the games and the characters. Especially when they decided to basically trash all the side characters and bring the games completely focusing back to Sonic with a little bit of Tails on the side. I don't think it was the best move to make, I wish they would have at least given Knuckles a little bit of spot light too, since he's apart of Team Sonic. As I was saying, Sonic Boom, I feel, is SEGA completely trashing all the hate mail they've seen and received from fans, and going their own way. Using their own ideas, instead of basing them on fan feedback. I think Sonic Boom will be the best Sonic game(s) since the Adventure series, because that's when SEGA was still using their own ideas, instead of basing them off feedback.

• Brohoof 1

I'll be the first to disagree, lol.

I can see how you would see him as the dullest as of now, I don't think he was written well in the past few Sonic games. Actually, I don't think he's been that good since Roger Craig Smith took over for his voice. I honestly hope we get a new VA change soon to bring back the good sounding Sonic, because I just don't enjoy how Roger plays him.

I can agree with you how he's a little better in some of the cartoons and comics. Sonic has a ton of character development in the comics, that's basically his non-game entire life, since he started out as a "kid". I think Sonic was at his best when Jason Griffith was voicing him, a lot of people give him crap, but I think he was a perfect fit for Sonic. The bad part is, everyone didn't see how good Jason was adapting to Sonic until it was the end of his contract, in Unleashed and Black Knight. Sonic X, I think, was also some of Jason's best Sonic voicing.

But still, as he does seem a little dull and face palm worthy anymore, can we really blame him? SEGA doesn't know what Sonic fans want because everyone keeps complaining about anything SEGA dishes out. This is a big reason I'm glad to see SEGA come out with Sonic Boom. Personally, I feel that Sonic Boom is SEGA flipping everyone the bird, saying this is what they want to do with Sonic. Since fans have always been complaining and little to minor things (excluding Sonic '06), it seems as it's been altering SEGA's way of designing the games and the characters. Especially when they decided to basically trash all the side characters and bring the games completely focusing back to Sonic with a little bit of Tails on the side. I don't think it was the best move to make, I wish they would have at least given Knuckles a little bit of spot light too, since he's apart of Team Sonic. As I was saying, Sonic Boom, I feel, is SEGA completely trashing all the hate mail they've seen and received from fans, and going their own way. Using their own ideas, instead of basing them on fan feedback. I think Sonic Boom will be the best Sonic game(s) since the Adventure series, because that's when SEGA was still using their own ideas, instead of basing them off feedback.

Yeah, a lot of Sonic's dullness comes from the fact that in the games they can't decide what to do with him. He's as generic as hero's get because no one wants to do anything with him that might compromise his image.

Sonic Boom absolutely looks the best game in the series so far. All the naysaying doesn't concern me in the slightest. Anyone who says "this is filled with the usual issues of Sonic games" automatically get the "lolignore" treatment from me. They aren't looking at the games for what they are, they are just seeing another Sonic game and it seems to cloud everyone's judgment. Every game I've seen those words used on were nothing like what they said so I don't listen to people who say that crap anymore. lol

While I definitely agree that Jason Griffith was one of the best voice actors I still prefer Jaleel White. I dunno if he'd work so well with the less comedic Sonic from recent years but he was amazing in Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, SatAM and Sonic Underground.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I don't know why I haven't noticed this thread before.

Which is your favorite Sonic game?

Sonic Heroes.

What are your top 5 favorite Sonic games?

1. Sonic Heroes

2. Sonic CD

3. Sonic 3 & Knuckles

4. Sonic Generations

5. Sonic Colours

Who's your favorite Sonic character?

Miles "Tails" Prower.

Who's your top 5 favorite Sonic characters?

1. Tails

2. Sonic

3. Eggman

4. Silver

5. Blaze

There are many, many instrumentals I love, but as for an actual song with lyrics, I would choose Team Chaotix's theme from Sonic Heroes.

Which was your favorite Sonic cartoon?

Sonic X was the only one I saw, so yeah... Looking forward to Sonic Boom, though.

Thoughts on Sonic Boom?

I'm looking forward to it. My main concern with it though, is just how close it's going to be to the open-world exploration of the Sonic Adventures - Sonic '06. I did enjoy the more recent games, but I miss that previous style. The 3DS version looks to be like another Rush-style, so I'm avoiding that. I didn't really enjoy the Sonic Rush games.

Roger Craig Smith, bitches!  B)

Who's your favorite Voice Actor for your favorite character?

Kate Higgins as Tails. I loved Tails' voice in Sonic Colours onward, and as Tails aged, this voice seemed more fitting.

Who is your least favorite Sonic Character?

Since Big the Cat is basically dead, I'm gonna go for Rouge the Bat. I still like her, but her personality is my least favourable.

Who is your least favorite Sonic Voice Actor?

Corey/Connor Bringas as Tails. Tails just sounded way too mature compared to when William Corkery voiced Tails afterwards, which was when I started getting into Sonic when I was younger.

When did you become a Sonic fan?

I think it was about 2002 when I watched the old Sonic movie. Afterwards, I was desperate to know more about Sonic, so I got Sonic Heroes, Sonic Mega Collection and Sonic Advance 3 later on, and I guess I just got hooked then.

What is your least favorite Sonic game?

Sonic Lost World. I thought the parkour element was a good idea, but it was executed horribly, it's extremely buggy, and just plain hard to handle. I think this is the only Sonic game I never bothered to finish.

What was your first Sonic game?

A shiny penny for the answer.

Edited by Mars Caramel
  • Brohoof 1

There are many, many instrumentals I love, but as for an actual song with lyrics, I would choose Team Chaotix's theme from Sonic Heroes.

Roger Craig Smith, bitches!  B)

Ah, I enjoyed Team Chaotix's theme song, ironically named "Team Chaotix". ^^

Roger? Shun the non-believer, shunnn! xD

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I still don't know how I feel about Roger as Sonic. The only games I've played with him as the voice were Colors and Generations. No Wii-U so haven't been able to play Lost World yet and I've yet to play a lot of the side games.

I love the Team Chaotix song. I think all of the team themes in Sonic Heroes were pretty amazing.

If I had to rank them I'd go with:

Dark

Rose & Chaotix

Sonic

Then there's What I'm Made Of which remains my favorite final boss theme in the series except sometimes the Crush40 version of With Me.

I wish they'd bring back thematic character/story songs like that instead of the stupid and generic stage music that's plagued the series the last few years.

Edited by Discordian

I still don't know how I feel about Roger as Sonic. The only games I've played with him as the voice were Colors and Generations. No Wii-U so haven't been able to play Lost World yet and I've yet to play a lot of the side games.

Then there's What I'm Made Of which remains my favorite final boss theme in the series except sometimes the Crush40 version of With Me.

I wish they'd bring back thematic character/story songs like that instead of the stupid and generic stage music that's plagued the series the last few years.

He's been about the same in all of them, haven't seen that big of a difference. He barely speaks in Sonic Generations, but unless you plan on getting Lost World and comparing it with Sonic Colors, you'll just have to take my word for it.

Speaking of Lost World, it wasn't as bad as most of the whining fans say it was, seems as if they always have to find something to whine about in a new Sonic game. I'd recommend playing it for yourself until taking any other opinions seriously.

Also, I completely agree with your desire to bring back music like What I'm Made Of. The orchestral music isn't that bad, but it's been a while (I think since Sonic Colors) that we've really had a song we could sing to, besides the rarely well made fan creations.

Some of them are good, but have lately been overused. I hope Boom and Modern Sonic's new game brings out some new tunes.

• Brohoof 2

I don't take anyone's opinion seriously as far as Sonic games go. The only person's opinion I can trust is my own cuz I tend to disagree with just about everyone on every single game. :lol:

I definitely still want Lost World but I need a Wii-U still so haven't been able to get it. I'll probably get the 3DS version at some point but I don't know if there's any huge differences between the two so I wanna play the console version before anything so I can get the definitive experience.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

the whining fans say it was, seems as if they always have to find something to whine about in a new Sonic game. I'd recommend playing it for yourself until taking any other opinions seriously.

This.This is the sad truth

I admit that i don't enjoy a lot nowadays the Sonic games as i liked the old,but i'm not whining constantly.

All the sonic games have ALWAYS this traits:

-Excellent Soundtrack:Sonic '06's soundtrack is considered from the best OSTs of the videogame history

-New worlds and zones to explore:Let's face it.I at least don't want to play Green Hill Zone all over and over and over and over......

-Sonic:That says everything :3

-Tails:When he's played as he is(I'm looking at you,Sonic Adventure 2),is from the best playable characters always,for his way to play

I could say more,but i think that i said enought for now :3

Edited by Lightwing

I rather liked the mech gameplay. Part of it is that one of my favorite traits of Tails is his mechanical prowess. I really hope Sonic Boom, and any future games he's playable in, add that trait back into the gameplay.

Personally I think Sonic and the Black Knight had the best soundtrack in the series, though as far as individual songs go the Sonic Heroes themes I mentioned above are overall better.