Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media The Official Pokémon Thread

Odyssey

Well my favorite Pokemon is Haxorus.

I would have to say my main 6 (heh heh) Pokemon for a team would be Haxorus, Tyrantrum, Charizard (mega Y), Gyarados, Nidoking, and Hydreigon.... Seems to be a general theme of dragons except for the Nidoking.... Yes I consider Charizard and Gyarados dragons because they are both in the dragon egg group.

*uses Revive on the thread*

Haxorus is really good. It's one of my favourite Unova Pokémon because of how much damage it can deal with its physical attacks, and its dinosaur-like design certainly has helped with its popularity.

Speaking of Unova Pokémon, Samurott is who I feel is underrated, even in the respective games. Yeah, it's not good outside of single player, but it does have a passable movepool on both sides, and access to a useful Swords Dance.

Speaking of Unova Pokémon, Samurott is who I feel is underrated, even in the respective games. Yeah, it's not good outside of single player, but it does have a passable movepool on both sides, and access to a useful Swords Dance.

I just wish that it was a dual Water/Fighting type. I was rather miffed that Emboar got handed the Fighting secondary typing; it was starting to be a little overdone at the time of Gen V.

I quite admire Gen V in general. The Pokémon designs, which I now understand to be partial reboots of Gen I designs (see Munna line, Timburr line, Roggenrola line, Sawk, Throh, etc.), were quite good. The music was excellent, really bringing out everything that's possible with the DS soundchip, instead of the same old boring bassline sound that DPPt music suffers from. The story was very well done, bearing in mind that it couldn't be too heavy for a children's game.

I can't wait to get my hands on a Kalos game. From what glimpses I've seen of LPs on Youtube, it looks fuckin' amazing. 

• Brohoof 1

I like gen V but I do have a problem with it being a very linear region (B/W 1). Unova is basically a straight line until the post game. It's great how you never were forced to use HMs other than that time you HAD to use cut at the beginning of the game. The aftergame was also kinda messed up because of the massive jump of the levels from the first game completion to the first part of the aftergame. However most of the Pokemon were great and bug types got a massive buff in the form of Scolipede, Galvantula, and Volcarona.

Favorite Pokemon? Oh where do I start? 

Charizard is my favorite definitely. (Not just cause he's a fire breathing dragon) but also because he....SHE I should say, was the first starter I ever chose. It's so amazing how I got her all the way from my original Firered all the way to Alpha Sapphire. She has beaten the following leagues: Johto, Hoenn(ORAS), Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos. Ironically enough, the only one she didn't beat was her own. That was because I didn't know how to train any pokemon but that cute little fire breathing monster. Shortly I got it to level 100 and my friend transferred it to my Diamond where it helped for most of the run. (When it listened)

I'm gonna list off a few Pokemon I love and one reason why;

Serperior: Fast, and beautiful.

Zorua: Cutest little disguiser I've seen.

Pikachu: LOVE THAT Pikachu Libre outfit it can wear in ORAS.

Greninja: It's a frog ninja. Nothing more.

Treecko: My second starter ever chosen, and evolves into my second fav pokemon.

Turtwig: Third starter chosen.

Cyndaquil: Fourth starter chosen, and so cute.

Tepig: Fifth starter chosen.

Snivy: Idk why, I only really used one in White 2.

Froakie: Sixth starter chosen.

Oh.. and my favorite trainer? Totally not Evelyn or anything.

Guys, it is happening. Pokken Tournament is coming onto the Wii U.

Words cannot describe how excited I am to play this game when it eventually gets released.

Who do you want to see become a playable character? I'm happy with anything myself.

I'll get a Female Snorunt in Alpha Sapphire, and evolve it into a Froslass, so I can use it instead of my Sceptile with a terrible nature which decreases his attack.

I'm not sure if I can get the Dawn Stone in the Department Store, but I'll check that soon.

Edited by Caleb Urn

My favorite pokemon!!!? Let me count the ways! :D

Ponyta - Rapidash <333

Pikachu 

Ninetales

Jigglypuff (that has a lot to do with Super Smash Brothers)

Arcanine

Dewgong

Eevee and all evolution's

Mew

Ampharos

Ursaring

Gardevoir

Duskull (cuz he is creepy cool looking lol)

I mainly like the pretty ones! :P

My husband gives me a hard time about that, I generally focus on getting all the pretty Pokemon and try to make them strong instead of going for the "strong" ones even if they are goofy looking. :P

Thought this thread could appreciate this! I drew this for a request. :D

post-34724-0-99911700-1440257199_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stardust*
  • Brohoof 4

You're asking me what my favorite Pokémon are?

1. Wooper and Quagsire: I like them both  a lot, but the crown goes to Wooper. Unfortunetly when I was doing a third Diamond and Pearl run, I was exploring the Great Marsh and found a shiny Wooper! I freaked out! I just love the colour design of it. So obviously I started throwing the horrible safari balls at it, but it soon ran away. I screamed out loud: "FUUUUUUUU".

2. Tied with Bayleef and Vivillion: I mostly like Bayleef because it resembles my real name and because I chose Chikorita in my Heart Gold run.

Vivillion because after figuring out the Vivillion sweep strat in Pokemon X & Y, I fell in love with Vivillion. I have soon yet to transfer him into ORAS.

3. Cacturne: This one is probably the weirdest on the list. I don't even know why I love Cacturne. Theres something about the design that I just really like. + It's supposed to be a scarecrow, but it's weak to crows. lol

Those are my favorite Pokémon :)
I love lots of Pokémon but this list would go on for ages.

• Brohoof 2

You're asking me what my favorite Pokémon are?

1. Wooper and Quagsire: I like them both  a lot, but the crown goes to Wooper. Unfortunetly when I was doing a third Diamond and Pearl run, I was exploring the Great Marsh and found a shiny Wooper! I freaked out! I just love the colour design of it. So obviously I started throwing the horrible safari balls at it, but it soon ran away. I screamed out loud: "FUUUUUUUU".

2. Tied with Bayleef and Vivillion: I mostly like Bayleef because it resembles my real name and because I chose Chikorita in my Heart Gold run.

Vivillion because after figuring out the Vivillion sweep strat in Pokemon X & Y, I fell in love with Vivillion. I have soon yet to transfer him into ORAS.

3. Cacturne: This one is probably the weirdest on the list. I don't even know why I love Cacturne. Theres something about the design that I just really like. + It's supposed to be a scarecrow, but it's weak to crows. lol

Those are my favorite Pokémon :)

I love lots of Pokémon but this list would go on for ages.

Cacturnes are lovely. I love them too. 

I won't be watching the World Championship, but my friends and I will be attending the Symphonic Evolutions performance in Boston tonight!  :wub: (I understand that the World Championship is also in Boston, but I don't really follow competitive Pokemon.)  I'm quite excited.  It's in an outside venue though, so I'm hoping it doesn't rain...  The performance will go on regardless, but staying dry would be nice.  In any case, I'm really looking forward to it!

Glalie has base 80 in every type and a limited move pool with STAB in one of the worst types in the game. Whereas Froslass is faster and hits harder specially than Glalie but is more frail than it Froslass also has 2 types and a much larger movepool than Glalie. HOWEVER Glalie has a mega evolution while Froslass does not.

EDIT: I should probably mention I'm basically a living POKEDEX.

Edited by SpikusFyre

Froslass also gets draining kiss which is a 60-ish power fairy move that restores 75% of the damage it does to your opponent to you. Fairy being decent coverage for a ghost type and health recovery is also useful.

I've played some Pokémon Ethereal Gates demo today.

This looks quite promising.. It'll fill the gap for the next game; depending when it comes out.

For those who don't know: Ethereal Gates is a fan made Pokémon game.. I've never played one but this one seemed very good and polished.

I've just recently gotten into this because of my brother and my friend, who also got into it relatively recently. And so far I have only just started playing my first game(Diamond), so I am not familiar with all the pokemon yet. But so far, I think my favorite might be Gyarados.

Why? Because it just looks awesome; it is my second favorite color(blue), and my favorite when shiny(red); it is part water type, which is one of my favorite types; it is relatively powerful compared to other pokemon and yet it evolves from a useless magikarp, which I just love about it for some reason; and finally it is a very tough pokemon, which I prefer over offensive power, and that's also why some of my other favorites include Steelix, Wobbuffet, and Empoleon.

• Brohoof 1